Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2012 6:40 AM

Jul 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yet another great episode...
Orihara finally opened her heart to Henmi and I'm hoping for the best...

One more episode to go :-( I dont want this anime to end !
Mar 26, 2013 8:01 PM

Jun 2009
I don't know, this just isn't working for me. I'm getting emotional, and that's pretty easy for me, but I'm not really connecting to this.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 18, 2013 11:58 AM

Jun 2010
insan3Spectre said:
I don't know, this just isn't working for me. I'm getting emotional, and that's pretty easy for me, but I'm not really connecting to this.

Maybe it's because Henmi is so dull, or because Kaoru barely seems like the same character, or because it's just a bunch of pretty typical soap opera.

The scene where Fukiko spoke to Kaoru was kind of weird given how self-absorbed and unhealthy Fukiko's fixation on Henmi is. How is she giving advice to anybody about love? Or did what happened before when she ended up wrecking her "sealed chamber" mean she managed to get past that?
Mar 3, 2014 9:36 PM

Aug 2013
Fronzel said:
insan3Spectre said:

Maybe it's because Henmi is so dull, or because Kaoru barely seems like the same character, or because it's just a bunch of pretty typical soap opera.

This might be true. Kaoru's like an entirely different person now but maybe the change has something to do with Rei's death.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 12, 2014 11:37 AM

Sep 2010
I guess Rei's death changed Miya and she wants Kaoru to live whatever time she has left to the fullest with the man she loves most.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 20, 2015 8:27 PM

Feb 2008
Death can change a person, especially if it's the closest person you had. It's just the depression after Rei's death and the whole deal with Henmi. It adds to the show and the character, since not that many shows deal properly with death of a person. They either cry for an episode and forget it or cry for the whole show for emotional manipulation. Dear Brother is the first anime I've seen that took death seriously and I can relate to.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 17, 2016 7:34 AM

Jun 2015
I was worried at first, when I saw the episode of Rei jumping and perishing. But this show managed her death in a truly good way and all the characters grew significantly from there. Really good
Apr 14, 2016 9:50 PM
Aug 2011
I'm confused by Henmi and Kaoru's timeline.
We see that she falls in pain and is taken to the doctor with Henmi, did she have the surgery around that time?

Because she showed Henmi her body which made it seem like he didn't know anything about her illness prior to that moment but here it seems that he was there all along?
I missed something didn't I...
Jun 17, 2016 9:15 AM

Nov 2011
Me too, it's pretty strange, over her disease. I supposed she had had surgery before they met. May be she just didn't tell him what kind of surgery it was. And... She's already have metastasis? I believe in that case it's very hard to stay alive for 5 years.

Well, we've finally lost you, Kaoru. Soap opera xD
Mar 11, 2017 7:17 PM

Oct 2014
Why is Kaoru so out of character... like everyone was weird and out of character for the last seven episodes but this is the last straw.

We really did lose her.
Ugh, this is not working for me, either.
Jun 17, 2017 8:12 AM
Nov 2015
When Miya went talk with Kaoru, the train moving is terrific.
Go for it girl. I would love Miya to have a real talk with Henmi though, and sorted out all her idolation and feelings.
Jun 17, 2017 8:13 AM
Nov 2015
Sean_Nessman said:
When Miya went talk with Kaoru, the train moving is terrific.
Go for it girl. I would love Miya to have a real talk with Henmi though, and sorted out all her idolation and feelings.

And Kaoru leaning on the window and the stars outside looked like they were moving. This show knows how to animate stars and lights, real ones and reflected ones.
Jun 17, 2017 8:14 AM
Nov 2015
Fronzel said:
insan3Spectre said:

The scene where Fukiko spoke to Kaoru was kind of weird given how self-absorbed and unhealthy Fukiko's fixation on Henmi is. How is she giving advice to anybody about love? Or did what happened before when she ended up wrecking her "sealed chamber" mean she managed to get past that?

Hey, don't you know Rei is dead, and Miya's grown up?

And Kaoru, well, don't you know Rei is dead? And Kaoru, for all the semester, her outgoing appearance seemed to hide some hidden pain (we all got hints about that, I even thought she would die, remember at ep 10 or so, she broke down and worried about life??? and cried?). And now Rei's dead, and faced with mortality, Kaoru's hidden side rose up and overtook her, and maybe the only stability she could hold on to is Henmi, an old love. That's why she went to their meeting place (complete with fireflies) some eps back.
Sean_NessmanJun 17, 2017 8:18 AM
Jul 4, 2017 3:51 PM
Aug 2014
Nice to see Fukiko telling Koaru to stop being an idiot, so we can get this "drama" over with.
Sep 21, 2020 9:12 AM

Jul 2015
Seems like Miya out of all characters was able to convince Kaoru to live happily the possible remaining 5 years with Henmi rather than in misery alone.

Nov 23, 2020 4:46 AM
Apr 2016
Nobody seems to be talking about it, so I will: the bromance between Takashi and Takehiko is fucking awesome! True friendship. Rarely do people find a friend like that, with whom you can bond & spend time with even after graduating, even after going your separate path.
Jan 6, 2022 4:27 PM

Nov 2016
Don't mind me, just getting ready for the news about Kaoru's death. The prospect of her spending her remaining years with the one she loves in happiness is a small comort. I would like to see her live on, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 9, 2022 6:06 PM

Oct 2021
Tbh, it is sort of odd for Miya of out all people to be giving advice to Kaoru, she definitely isn't the type to be a positive influence at least until after school revolution.
Jan 25, 2022 4:09 PM

Aug 2013
BRO IM SO EMO RIGHT NOW.
HENMI AND KAORU ARE SO CUTE PLEASE.
Dec 3, 2022 6:54 AM

Apr 2016
The least expected person is the one that is able to convice her so this drama could end and Kaoru could get some happiness.
Mar 19, 2023 4:47 PM

Aug 2021
Again men are overtaking my girls love anime

Those two guys really should've been gay the fact that they spend so much time together made me think so so I'm kinda disappointed

Also yeah sure implied bisexuality representation of Kaoru i guess but the show could've explored her relationship with juste a little more
Cuz yeah they were sleeping together naked, but just as friends yeah totally kind of a nothing burger there

Na for real tho i been enjoy the show more but ever since there are more and more men in the show my interest been waning a lil
Jan 30, 7:06 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Ston3_FreeN7
@Ston3_FreeN7 Because once Henmi and Miya's brother started becoming the movers of this anime, they took away the flavor. They should've just kept them in the background, with Henmi only coming out for the reveal of being Nanako's brother. The men are so fucking dull that they just bring this anime down, especially with the BS heteronormative relationships that came out of nowhere.
Jan 30, 7:07 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to blank
Nobody seems to be talking about it, so I will: the bromance between Takashi and Takehiko is fucking awesome! True friendship. Rarely do people find a friend like that, with whom you can bond & spend time with even after graduating, even after going your separate path.
@blank We're not talking about it because we don't give AF about the men. They should've stayed in the background.
Jan 30, 7:10 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to elgatosaika
Again men are overtaking my girls love anime

Those two guys really should've been gay the fact that they spend so much time together made me think so so I'm kinda disappointed

Also yeah sure implied bisexuality representation of Kaoru i guess but the show could've explored her relationship with juste a little more
Cuz yeah they were sleeping together naked, but just as friends yeah totally kind of a nothing burger there

Na for real tho i been enjoy the show more but ever since there are more and more men in the show my interest been waning a lil
@elgatosaika I mean, it's the fact that the men are low-key the plot drivers while being dull AF. Plus the love interest for Kaoru is dull and she's dull as of now. It's like this anime is trying to say that forcing people into het relationships makes them boring AF.

And this isn't even hate for Het ships. This is hate for these dull ass men and these flavorless and bland ships. Like, I can't believe this is the same woman who wrote Rose of Versailles!

And the last thing you said, was the truth. Once the men became more prominent, the show lost its flavor...
May 8, 8:58 PM

Jun 2014
Miya has certainly matured since Rei's passing. She's fully okay with never having another chance with Henmi, and helped encourage Kaoru to go enjoy her life with him.

She said yes! I hope that she lives more than four years, but at least they'll be together for whatever time she has left, and that's better than nothing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Onii-sama e... Episode 10 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 30, 2011

22 by Ten »»
May 30, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Onii-sama e... Episode 9 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 30, 2011

21 by Ten »»
May 28, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Onii-sama e... Episode 23 Discussion

xchee - Mar 3, 2014

19 by HyeChaeyoung »»
May 20, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Onii-sama e... Episode 22 Discussion

Fronzel - Nov 5, 2013

24 by HyeChaeyoung »»
May 20, 2:02 AM

Poll: » Onii-sama e... Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Naivette - Dec 20, 2011

62 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
May 8, 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.