Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Fable
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
No way Akira can stay out of this drama involving Kojima. It's nature of this show that he would be part of it.

Takahashi also seems incapable of staying out of trouble. Episode had an ominous vibe honestly, and Kojima is definitely someone to keep an eye for his role in the story.
Jun 1, 9:24 AM

Dec 2021
It's time for Mr. Fable to join in.

Amidst the group's business affairs, tensions escalate between the powerful third-ranking executive, Sunagawa. Furthermore, threats extend to the surroundings of the targeted Misaki. The rampage of Kojima, who continues to involve others, gains momentum. Ebihara, who wants to put a stop to his protege's rampage, explicitly requests to investigate Kojima's movements. For the sake of living quietly without getting caught up in trouble, Akira doesn't want to be involved.

We get to learn some more of Akira's backstory, which turned out to be anything but normal. And Akira keeps emphasizing his professionalism. It's not exactly bragging, though. That detective bit was even better than the fight scenes for showcasing his pro skills. Anyway, I'm starting to like this Sunagawa guy. He’s doing his job properly and is smart enough to consider hiring a hitman instead of doing it himself.

Sure, this guy might be a good hitman, but is he as pro as Akira?

Jun 1, 10:42 AM
Apr 2024
It was an ok episode, clearly the atmosphere will remain for the next episodes when the factions clash and we should have an incredible fight between some killer against the fable, I thought it was cool that Misaki didn't lower his head to the yakusas, this ep was average, but I have good expectations for the next ones until the end of the season, remembering that we are not even halfway through the season as this anime has 25 episodes scheduled and we have just finished episode 9.
Jun 1, 10:45 AM

Dec 2022
Okay, if Fable recognizes others as pros, it's fine.

I can't help but admire Misaki for staying so strong in the situation she's in. These past few episodes, I've just been cheering for Ebihara to get well soon so that he can put a stop to Kojima's antics. But now that Sunagawa's entered the game, things are going to get interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how this fight between Anikis is going to play out.

And yes, Takahashi does like sex.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Jun 1, 10:49 AM
Nov 2023
I'm worried about Misaki. Why did she have to get wrapped up in this? Takeshi was right all along. I have a feeling this is not going to end well for her.
Jun 1, 10:55 AM

Feb 2014
The pacing is so slow, I only wished this manga's wiki was completed so I could read ahead
Jun 1, 11:33 AM

Nov 2016
Kojima is messing with the wrong girl. Bro pushing it and making himself a huge target. At this rate it's like a competition who'll get him first. First Akira will have to save Kojima on Ebihara's order and take care of the other assassin. The thing is Kojima doesn't seem to be the type of guy you can help, nor that he will change. Ebihara would have to get rid of him at some point anyway.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 1, 11:34 AM

Jun 2021
Reply to curvedtree
The pacing is so slow, I only wished this manga's wiki was completed so I could read ahead
curvedtree said:
If you want to read manga than read from chapter 47. Episode 9 adapted upto chapter 46.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

Jun 1, 12:34 PM
Jul 2022
gorkthe134th said:
I'm worried about Misaki. Why did she have to get wrapped up in this? Takeshi was right all along. I have a feeling this is not going to end well for her.

Not when Akira will join in
Jun 1, 1:29 PM

Mar 2016
Please tell me that bastard is about to 'leave the server'.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 1, 2:20 PM

Feb 2014
Reply to E-Satie
curvedtree said:
If you want to read manga than read from chapter 47. Episode 9 adapted upto chapter 46.
@E-Satie 5 chapters per episode and it drags like that? Anyway, thanks for letting me know!
Jun 1, 3:00 PM

Aug 2019
might have to read the manga, I really am liking the story but each episode has me wanting more and it’s killing me waiting a week each time; I know more than likely Misaki won’t end up having to do it especially if Sato gets involved but the suspense got me anxious
Jun 1, 4:11 PM

Aug 2014
I am very happy that this anime got better than the first like 3 eps.. I was worried this will become some stupid slice of life failed comedy kinda like isekai of a killer who wanted a normal life
but I am very very happy it is not and it is interesting now..

well his "sister" would be good call girl.. why force this poor girl for that..
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 1, 6:47 PM
Apr 2021
Ohh Is it time to Akira join group internal's conflict? The vice president want to save Kojima, but Kojima threated Misaki. Yoko didn't appear in this episode

Because this conflict of interest, Will Akira to help Kojima or Misaki?
Next week, Misaki's position more difficult because Kojima.
Can't wait for next week!
Jun 1, 8:37 PM

Jul 2011
How is this 7.13 rating on MAL... Gosh these weebs are cringe. This is probably the best anime this season maybe, just maybe slightly behind mushoku tensei.
Jun 1, 11:10 PM

Apr 2022
Reply to HansDevX
How is this 7.13 rating on MAL... Gosh these weebs are cringe. This is probably the best anime this season maybe, just maybe slightly behind mushoku tensei.
@HansDevX it's still rated higher than i'd expect for a shit adaptation of one of my favorite manga, be glad with this.
Jun 1, 11:47 PM

Nov 2010
It's a serious episode and there was almost no Kashira (bird) moment. If you need a breather, try this...

Jun 2, 1:18 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to stavwisman02
gorkthe134th said:

Not when Akira will join in
@stavwisman02 I hope that's the case 🤞
Jun 2, 2:42 AM

Jul 2014
We getting into the real business now. Some real Yakuza shit is about to happen
Jun 2, 4:20 AM
May 2023
The story is progressing well. The story remains interesting. The quality of the drawings has improved, but I am concerned that the scenes with movement have dropped a bit.
Jun 2, 4:24 AM
May 2023
Reply to HansDevX
@HansDevX

Well, I guess the genre of animes we see is too different from the reviewers here. If it's just about interesting, I think it's more than an 8
Jun 2, 4:36 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Akira is trying really hard to stay out of this business Kojima is in and live a normal life like his boss wanted him too, but eventually he’s going to have to dip his toes in because there is too much drama involving him and he even asked Misaki what trouble she was in and that he could potentially help her out. I want Kojima dealt with. This guy is scum that has brought his prison stupor out with him and the fact he got put in jail for murder just adds to his tally that he’s just not a good guy. Looking forward to these upcoming episodes
Jun 2, 7:12 PM
May 2017
things are heating up fr
Jun 3, 7:11 PM

Jul 2016
Now that I'm seeing it, isn't Misaki the girl in a wheelchair featured in the ED? Oh, boy...

Intriguing episode. The tension sure is building up to the point I'm really interested to see how things will go once all these factions clash.
Jun 5, 1:42 AM

Mar 2008
Uh oh shit is about to go down it looks like.
Jun 5, 3:30 AM
Dec 2022
curvedtree said:

You could watch the live action, though there are some story changes
Jun 5, 11:18 AM

Feb 2014
Reply to aboppityboopy
curvedtree said:

You could watch the live action, though there are some story changes
@aboppityboopy is it a series or a film?
Jun 5, 1:15 PM
Dec 2022
curvedtree said:

There's two films, but I've only seen the first
Jun 5, 6:10 PM

Feb 2014
Reply to aboppityboopy
curvedtree said:

There's two films, but I've only seen the first
@aboppityboopy I see, thanks for letting me know!
Jun 7, 7:46 AM

Jun 2019
curvedtree said:

How is it slow? It's basically a crime dramedy Slice of Life. Isn't it just a slightly "eccentric" telling of the day-to-day affairs of a yakuza hitman trying to live as normal, peaceful, and uneventful a life as reasonably possible integrating amongst ordinary people? It seems like being "slow" in that way is baked into the entire premise. There's actually far more action and conflict on top of that than I expected.
Jun 7, 8:43 AM

Oct 2022
Ah man, can't wait for Sato to pull off some badass moves on them or at least I hope so. Gotta give it to Misaki to holding her ground even tho it gotta be really tough. Really looking forward to the next episode
Jun 7, 11:57 AM

Feb 2014
Reply to WatchTillTandava
curvedtree said:

How is it slow? It's basically a crime dramedy Slice of Life. Isn't it just a slightly "eccentric" telling of the day-to-day affairs of a yakuza hitman trying to live as normal, peaceful, and uneventful a life as reasonably possible integrating amongst ordinary people? It seems like being "slow" in that way is baked into the entire premise. There's actually far more action and conflict on top of that than I expected.
@WatchTillTandava You stated your opinion and so did I, I still think it is slow and you don't, nothing was added to the discussion.
Jun 7, 12:26 PM

Jun 2019
curvedtree said:
You stated your opinion and so did I, I still think it is slow and you don't, nothing was added to the discussion.

If you don't feel anything was added, that's fine and your prerogative. I strongly disagree. You stating your opinion and others, including me, stating theirs, whether agreeing or disagreeing - That's the entire point of a forum. Nothing wrong with having opposing opinions, but I'll always continue to express mine in this forum. This is the exact place for expressing opinions. That has inherent value in and of itself.
WatchTillTandavaJun 7, 12:30 PM
Jun 7, 1:03 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Interesting episode!!!
Professional to eliminate a Kojim!!!
kekeke
Jun 7, 8:41 PM

Oct 2022
Fable's really starting to enjoy his calm every day life. Just leave him out of it and let him swallow his whole fish.
Jun 8, 9:36 AM

Jul 2017
Kojima finding Misaki for his call girl service, is just the lowest of the lowest, and to frame her for his work no thanks to Kuro, he's just calling for more trouble, even more so when Akira hears about this when he starts to harass her. Meanwhile, the Sunagawa Group trying to oust Kojima, they're doing it legally with solid proof, and that's not going to be good fo rthe long run.

With Akira's promotion to 900 yen/hour thanks to his kiddy illustrations, Misaki wants to treat him, and for the good. But Ebihara's message about Kojima going behind his back, he gets worried, but that will have to wait. Still though, both Akira and Misaki have a common inkling, it felt as if that if they had a relationship, it would be great. The trouble comes when Sunagawa interrogates Takahashi having a call-girl service with Kojima, and this is only but a warning to serve if Kojima deserves to be killed.

Ebihara informing Akira of Kojima's actions, he can only trust him on the sidelines. And Akira searching his place, the answer is as clear as day, but his help is only as far as what he's told. Back to Kojima, her workplace being trashed is also another warning, but this is her breaking point. As soon as Ebihara slips out of the hospital, he wants Akira to handle his business in a way to stop his only brother from committing more crimes.

Only Akira can stop this now...
Jun 8, 5:04 PM
Aug 2019
Things are heating up.
The Fable is sorta back in action, but this time in a rescue op.
And his manufacturing and use of bullets are a little interesting.
All I know is, doesn't matter if it's Sunogawa, Sato, or the other hitman, Kojima's most likely gonna be hit with serious repercussions.
Can't wait til the next ep.
Jun 15, 3:56 AM

Aug 2018
The show so far has characterized Akira as very detached; he doesn't really have any regard for Misaki because he's just not really capable of it. Witness how he showed no interest in going out to dinner with her. At most, he has a passing curiosity, in part because he's trying to figure out what "normal" is.

So it doesn't seem realistic to hope that Akira Sato is about to save the day for Misaki. But here's where the show has been the most interesting to me. In small fits and starts, Akira has been given the chance to develop - at first in his conversation with Ebihara where the two of them come to understand each other a bit, and then in their chat about what in life has value. In this burgeoning conflict with Kojima over Misaki, I'm hoping to see another of those opportunities where Akira is confronted with something that makes him realize that there *are* things he values, things he cares about, not just his mission to live a peaceful life. It's in that character development that the show gets most interesting.

Really looking forward to seeing how this develops.

And just a side note: I think the pacing's been great so far.

g-
Please don't feed the trolls.

Jun 23, 12:56 PM

Jul 2013
Is Seedfeeder the character designer for this series?

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Fable Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 22

35 by Ranxomare »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » The Fable Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27

44 by perseii »»
Jun 23, 11:00 PM

Poll: » The Fable Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15

47 by toralbabs »»
Jun 23, 5:43 PM

Poll: » The Fable Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8

39 by silentlylurking »»
Jun 23, 12:54 PM

» Is there a chance this might get Dubbed

AHxD_ - Apr 20

4 by shadowsoulotaku »»
Jun 23, 6:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.