Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Fable
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
Akira does have balls to take on this mission to find out more about Kojima and Misaki.

Episode felt more or less like the others although it got Akira more involved into investigations. Hes actually also more resourceful than I had expected.
Jun 8, 9:24 AM

Dec 2021
Oooooh shit. No more Akira, only Fable from here on.

On Ebihara's request, Akira infiltrates the apartment where Kojima resides. While eavesdropping on a conversation with his underling Takahashi, he catches the name Misaki. Accidents keep happening around her. After investigating the apartment and gathering information from the stalker Mr. Pervert, Akira understands the situation. Misaki, resigned to Kojima's threats, is in need of rescue from her troubled circumstances. Akira devises a rescue operation, approaching it with a "professional" mindset.

Mr. Pervert strikes again, being his usual weirdo self. And then there's Akira, who managed to break the car before even starting it up lol. But finally, we got some Fable action this episode, or rather Detective Fable. Hearing the name Misaki, yeah Kojima's cooked. I mean, you see how he snapped at Mr. Pervert. Kojima even out-creeped Mr. Pervert by asking, "How's your head game"??? Anyway, he's finally made the gun and the bullets. All that's left now is the battle.

It's no longer Akira—it's Fable against Kojima now.

Jun 8, 10:10 AM
Sep 2015
Even when Sata heard the name Misaki, he's still unfazed, he's really a pro.
Jun 8, 10:40 AM

Apr 2012
you guys DO NOT ever do this!!!
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
Jun 8, 11:11 AM
Nov 2021
I was really sceptical when they announced tezuka as the studio but I kinda really enjoy their adaptation of fable
Jun 8, 11:13 AM

Dec 2022
Eagerly awaiting the day Kojima gets put in the ground.

To be honest, I kind of forgot about the stalker coworker after his threat level was dwarfed by Kojima's. While Fable's had little presence in the past few episodes, we get a full dose of his work as a pro this time around. Espionage, improvised weapons, even Youko gets in on the action with that watch she stole from the mountain climber guy. With Misaki backed into a corner and the additional hook of Sunagawa's second target, this arc is coming to a head.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Jun 8, 11:21 AM
Aug 2020
another great ep

poor girl

things are going to get ugly on the next episode
i can't wait
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 8, 12:03 PM
Jul 2022
don't spoil me too much but please just tell me if next ep he's going for the rescue?????????
Jun 8, 1:13 PM

Aug 2022
Breathtaking!!!!!
Jun 8, 2:20 PM

Apr 2023
When that banger of an ending drops I always have a huge grin on my face, like another satisfying episode done, really loving Fable so far, W for the Chad that decided to make this a 25 episode season.

Jun 8, 2:29 PM
Oct 2017
Reply to mrld
I was really sceptical when they announced tezuka as the studio but I kinda really enjoy their adaptation of fable
@mrld it's been Mostly disappointing so far the Animation quality is consistently below average, awkward character models in certain shots, overall expression is dull
Jun 8, 3:00 PM
Mar 2023
SoulReaper85 said:
@mrld it's been Mostly disappointing so far the Animation quality is consistently below average, awkward character models in certain shots, overall expression is dull

I agree that the animation is sub par. But overall I think the plot, characters and comedy carry it. I’ve been thoroughly impressed with this series
Jun 8, 3:37 PM
Nov 2021
SoulReaper85 said:

Yeah im with you, but it somehow doesnt bother me that much with this show. Probably cause the tone of the show itself is not that serious and also kinda whacky
Jun 8, 3:58 PM

Nov 2023
The assassin's second target is probably Takeshi, as Sunagawa wants to prevent a future revenge from him.
It's uncertain how Akira plans to resolve the situation without killing anyone. I don't think an agreement can be reached with Kojima.

Jun 8, 4:19 PM
Aug 2021
What a stupid bitch lmao
Jun 8, 4:28 PM
Apr 2021
Hentai-kun was back and knew the Misaki's problem. Finally Akira and Yoko knew too. Akira entered the game and Misaki agreed with Kojima. I cant wait for the next episodes!

Nice to hear Yoko's VA same with Mine Fujiko and Misaki's voice is Hanazawa Kana. I love her voice

This series is one of my favorite new series of the season beside Girls Band Cry and Train to the end of the world
Jun 8, 5:00 PM
Sep 2021
Episode was great again. This slow pace is killing me though
Jun 8, 5:34 PM

Apr 2022
high tension. do not let yoko get drunk though.
Jun 8, 5:39 PM

Jul 2021
while there are few things better than watching motherfuckers get their comeuppance, what precedes that is always so fucking infuriating for me to watch. I hope it's over soon.
Jun 8, 6:08 PM

Jan 2016
-The gun doesn't shoot?
-I'll have to do it manually.
I can already imagine the scene, Akira makes the gun shot movement, meanwhile he throws the bullet with his other hand at super high speed lmao

I didn't expect this anime to have a proper plot and a good suspense along it. I'm loving this
Jun 8, 6:24 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Never done a rescue mission but because it involves Misaki. Just shows he really cares and is working hard to make things work out so Misaki doesn’t have to be a call girl and he knew that perv was watching her, but at that point Akira has bigger fish to fry 😝
Jun 8, 7:17 PM
Nov 2021
Why misaki whyyy, akira should kill that bastard
Jun 8, 7:42 PM

Mar 2016
I'm impressed with the fact that Satou is becoming more of a human, who cares about Misaki and wants to help her. that's some good character development ngl
Jun 8, 10:51 PM
Jan 2018
This would be so great if the animation wasn't half-assed. The story still carries it though
Jun 9, 2:08 AM

Aug 2013
Misaki should've just ignored it all, now she'll just get used indefinitely.

Would've totally been wary of Youko after that creepy line.
Jun 9, 3:16 AM
May 2023
It seems that some people are hoping for Kojima's death, but since Sato has a promise with Ebihara, he probably won't kill him. However, it doesn't look like the villain Kojima will continue to live freely either. He will surely meet his end at the hands of someone other than Sato. I've read the original story, but I've forgotten the details of this part of the episode.
Jun 9, 7:39 AM

Jun 2019
Definitely not personally hoping for Kojima's death. He's a scumbag, but keeps things interesting. But wouldn't mind seeing him taken down a peg or two in the local yakuza branch's Maguro Group hierarchy, whether in title/rank or in practice or both. Which I suspect will happen eventually; probably sooner rather than later. I don't expect that he'll be permitted the freedom to continue doing whatever he wants for too much longer.

Don't know what people find so terrible or off-putting about the animation, but it looks perfectly fine to me and doesn't negatively impact the show or my viewing experience and enjoyment of it in any way. But then, I don't usually care about such things unless it's some show-stopping horrendous problem which makes it practically unwatchable. I guess if you're an animation otaku you'd find things to nitpick, but as a casual viewer in that sense where that ranks at the absolute bottom of my priorities, I in all honesty legitimately haven't even noticed what those folks are talking about. And love the art style.
WatchTillTandavaJun 9, 7:47 AM
Jun 9, 11:00 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
is Satou angry? I think yes , very, veryyyyyy
kekeke
Jun 9, 11:24 PM

Mar 2008
This just keeps getting more and more tense

Kojima really is scum.

Akira going into Fable mode. Not sure what he means by "manual" in reference to the gun not working well with his makeshift bullets.
Jun 10, 2:17 AM
Feb 2022
Reply to SoulReaper85
@SoulReaper85 Grow up. Watch Tom & Jerry if you want good animation: japanese anime was born exactly to make longer stories with cheaper animation.
Jun 10, 5:11 AM
Apr 2024
I'm looking forward to seeing the fight between two professional killers, but the only warning they've had is to ask to die lol, in fact, poor thing she had to accept that deal with that disgusting man, I hope Fable saves her, because she doesn't deserve that.
Jun 10, 5:06 PM
Aug 2015
Reply to Ryushindai
-The gun doesn't shoot?
-I'll have to do it manually.
I can already imagine the scene, Akira makes the gun shot movement, meanwhile he throws the bullet with his other hand at super high speed lmao

I didn't expect this anime to have a proper plot and a good suspense along it. I'm loving this
@Ryushindai It isn't that the gun doesn't shoot. Rather, it's subsonic and low-powered enough that it doesn't generate enough pressure to work the slide. It's both quiet and mostly nonlethal, which is ideal for the mission parameters.
Jun 10, 9:02 PM

Aug 2014
Wonder how he knew about that other guy recording Misaki? maybe I forgot something..

next episode might be good, what is he planning to do with that gun which won't work? ;d
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 11, 3:28 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Reply to Thyriad-oPPailov
Wonder how he knew about that other guy recording Misaki? maybe I forgot something..

next episode might be good, what is he planning to do with that gun which won't work? ;d
@Thyriad-oPPailov The only thing I know is that Fable noticed the creep was taking panty shots of Misaki when the work crew was celebrating and eating at the restaurant a few episodes back. No idea if he knows the other "home" recording stuff though.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Jun 11, 10:09 PM

Jul 2011
Reply to ryzxgum
high tension. do not let yoko get drunk though.
@ryzxgum Quoting you since you mentioned you read the manga. I finished reading it today, it was an absolute banger 10/10 and i'm seeing this anime will have 25 episodes so it will cover everything? This show is so good. It reminds me of Ichi the killer, i know i'm a boomer.

Jun 13, 8:00 PM

Oct 2022
Nah Kojima needs to get them hands from Fable. Stalker dude still a creep and freak but at least he was able to give info to Fable. Just hoping he saves her before she actually force to start. I need the next episode asap.
Jun 14, 2:41 PM

Jul 2016
Climax of this arc is practically upon us. Looking forward to seeing how Fable will handle things with Kojima and then with that hooded assassin.
Jun 15, 9:10 AM

Jul 2017
The face-off of Sunagawa and Kojima, requesting his hitman to take down both the latter and someone whom he needs to kill for personal reasons. Also, Kainuma is quite the creep on trying to peep her, as said woman visits Yoko when Akira was about to head out on Ebihara's classic car to go to his place to retrieve his revolver and help install the CCTVs that were from the Satos' to his apartment for tracking Kojima and Takahashi. Of course, Akira gets all of the information he can, but with Misaki's boss being out and beaten by thugs, exposed by Kainuma, she retreats, and Akira may have known all of his perverted antics, but this is for real to help her.

Sunagawa's hired hitmen know of the Fable's existence, which everyone passed it off as a legend of sorts. But for Misaki, her being cornered by Kojima even when there's choices for her, she can't weave her way out of his call, whilst Akira readying the Nighthawk gun with a makeshift barrel and rounds since it doesn't come without one. Yoko presenting Takahashi with a watch, it seems complimentary, but it's one with a GPS tracker, something that Akira hopes that Kojima would not sense.

The gun in creation to save Misaki, the Satos are actually doing something good for once.
Jun 15, 6:11 PM

Apr 2022
Reply to HansDevX
@ryzxgum Quoting you since you mentioned you read the manga. I finished reading it today, it was an absolute banger 10/10 and i'm seeing this anime will have 25 episodes so it will cover everything? This show is so good. It reminds me of Ichi the killer, i know i'm a boomer.

@HansDevX the latest episode (11) covers till chapter 60, so i doubt it'll be a complete adaptation by episode 25. maybe around 150 chapters is my guess but i could be wrong. glad you enjoyed the manga haha.
Jun 23, 12:54 PM

Jul 2013
You might not like it but this is what peak perspective looks like...

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Fable Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 22

35 by Ranxomare »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » The Fable Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27

44 by perseii »»
Jun 23, 11:00 PM

Poll: » The Fable Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15

47 by toralbabs »»
Jun 23, 5:43 PM

Poll: » The Fable Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1

38 by silentlylurking »»
Jun 23, 12:56 PM

» Is there a chance this might get Dubbed

AHxD_ - Apr 20

4 by shadowsoulotaku »»
Jun 23, 6:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.