Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 13, 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
Holo getting drunk is cute, in the most Holo way possible lol

Episode had her traveling with Lawrence again on their usual adventure but felt less stressful compared to the previous episode. I think this was an overall entertaining episode..Holo showed a lot of personality and various emotions that is easily human-like. And....
make her appearance!
May 13, 9:58 AM

May 2020
Yeah, Lawrence is kind of realising, little by little, that travelling with a partner does cost you more money lol. Though as we know, this is one long journey, he will get used to it.. he would have to I mean lol. By the way, Holo does know how to look prim and proper with whatever little clothes she has with her, and by the looks of it, it does seem like these two got over with events of the past couple of episodes too. I mean being a new city and all, no need to be down over things which kind of didn’t affect them all in the end.

Have to say though, this series does a good job in showing that the nature of people doesn’t at all change however far you go, especially when talking business. People would try to swindle you, and to be very honest people like Lawrence would easily get too, but not with Holo around lol. It’s already the second time in a matter of a few episodes where she saved Lawrence from getting scammed, or more like indulging himself in a not-so-proper deal. Her ways may seem a bit too convenient everytime, but who cares about that lol.

Holo doesn’t like shepherds, of course she’d not lol. She’s a wolf, but yeah we’ve our new character here. Though good to see the simple stuff again after whatever went down in the last couple of episodes.
Softhenic03May 13, 10:03 AM
May 13, 9:58 AM

Dec 2021
Now that Volume 1 of the LN has been adapted, we're one-quarter of the way through, and moving on to Volume 2.

To sell the pepper they received as a reward from the Milone Company, Lawrence and Holo headed to Poroson. Holo, who had been complaining about boredom from endless business, brightened up when Lawrence talked about fruit preserves. Later, at the Latparron Trading Company, where they visited to cash in the pepper, negotiations proceeded smoothly. However, Holo watched the scales with a sharp gaze, indicating her uncertainty.

The Latparron Trading Company was under its forty-ninth master. Despite being a devout follower of the Church, this master still tried to cheat Lawrence with rigged scales. Holo saw through the scam, and instead of facing prosecution, the master allowed Lawrence to purchase arms on credit. However, he cunningly omitted mentioning a recent crash in the arms market and then shifted the debt to the Remerio Trading Company. This shrewd maneuver almost pushed Lawrence to the brink of bankruptcy.

Once again, Holo is rescuing our guy Lawrence from getting scammed, lol.

May 13, 11:26 AM
Mar 2024
I really like the holo and lawrence together they are so funny
May 13, 11:31 AM

Aug 2017
The way Holo ears were moving under that hood when she heard about those honey-pickled peaches was just too cute.

Even though I've already seen the arc that is gonna come in the original, still extremely looking forward to experience it again!
May 13, 11:33 AM
Nov 2010
Oh, now it's different from previous adaption.
May 13, 11:42 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
After all thats happened last ep glad that things are back to being peaceful. Well losing an arms defo gonna sound cooler than being bit in the arse while trying to fight a god. That town girl outfit really looked cute and suited Holo well. Such a simple way to cheat people with though. Taxes and churches in this world sure go hand in hand. Curious to see what the shepard would bring next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 11:45 AM

Jul 2017
It was alright. Felt like a transition episode like how I felt in the original version as the second volume begins. Holo continues to prove herself to be useful during these negotiations even in this new city as the person Lawrence was dealing with this time tried to manipulate the weight of pepper with scales that clearly were rigged with the help of the table, and is someone who is really craving her food recently and oil as well for her tail. Holo's definitely grown a level of comfort with being around Lawrence over these past episodes and it continues to be developing here too. Got to see the shepherd as well in the end, and while Lawrence and her managed to greet each other nicely, Holo obviously does feel a bit of a different way given that she is a wolf herself and how them and shepherds do not have the best relationship with each other. Not to mention that Lawrence and the shepherd having their meeting look as nice as that might cause a little bit of jealousy potentially too for her.

One little interesting scene that was brief but intriguing was Lawrence while outside, hearing someone talk about the town that worshipped the 'pagan wolf god' with what was said being blocked out, and producing a slightly surprised reaction out of Lawrence there. It is subtle but that alone is a nice addition there to add some level of curiosity to what is up with that scene there.

Overall, it was fine. Not a very exciting or thrilling episode as it goes through the motions to begin this new arc (did drag at times throughout the episode and had me spacing out a little), but still producing some nice chemistry moments with Holo and Lawrence towards the end, and built some intrigue for the upcoming episodes with the shepherd's involvement as well as that little scene I described above too. I do know that episode 7 in the original listed on MAL was a DVD-only episode but that did show how Holo and Lawrence got the dress that Holo was wearing in this episode for the majority of it and that was a good episode too so a little bit of a shame that's left out here. Not a big deal though.
May 13, 11:50 AM
Nov 2023
subarashiiiiii por fin ha aparecido norah y se viene un arco buenisimo.
May 13, 12:12 PM

Mar 2023
The pacing was faster this time. In the OG I remember they had to buy Holo's new clothes, so they skipped a few interactions between Holo and Lawrence. This is the first time when the pacing doesn't match the OG and basically adapted both episodes 7-8 in this one episode.
As far as condensed content goes, this wasn't too bad, if they want to keep this arc/volume also at 6 episodes. (og used 7)
watsymMay 13, 12:19 PM
May 13, 12:13 PM

Jan 2023
Following the tense episodes this last couple of weeks we get a very fun and light hearted episode for the most part.

First off, I had completely forgotten about that little story of Holo biting a saint's arse but it gave me a good laugh, like the first time I heard it.
Then comes in this merchant who try to scam them. Oh well, he didn't expect the tables to turn so fast on him: that little number Holo did on him had me dying of laughter and the whole scene of them then trying to gain an advantage of that was also extremely funny.
Also really loved that little scene of Holo charming and manipulating Lawrence to get him to buy her oil for her tail: it was so precious and funny at the same time.

Annnd we end on a cliffhanger introducing Nora!
Seeing her brought me a big smile on my face, next weeks are going to be a great experience for me as I enjoy her arc so much!
MeguSae38May 13, 12:16 PM
May 13, 12:23 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Cute episode, i love my mondays because of this series.
Hyped for the next one!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
May 13, 12:26 PM

Feb 2019
Another week not being married to holo and I’m tired of it 😩. After the tense action of the last few episodes it’s nice to have some peaceful Holo and Lawrence interactions again.

Holo’s like that kid that eats up all ya groceries, uses all ya internet and pays zero bills, but she gets away with it because she’s so beautiful lol. I don’t blame Lawrence, you’d be a fool to not simp for her.

Plus, she does pull her weight in other areas like negotiating with scummy business partners like today. Using rigged scales to get over on them with a deal is so low, but that’s business for ya. Had Holo not been there Lawrence would’ve agreed to the deal and got unfavourable terms. That alone has to cover the cost of her food and clothes so far lol.

One of those puppy dog faces from holo would’ve been all I needed to fold and buy her that oil in the next town. I love how she knows her strengths and plays to them with Lawrence

Woaah new waifu at the end??? Shepard girl is so cute even Lawrence got taken aback by her. Holo jealous face.. next episode is going to be great, think this is the start of volume 2 so can’t wait!
Marinate1016May 13, 1:35 PM
May 13, 12:27 PM

Dec 2013
We got blessed with more Holo wisdom: "Delicious things are delicious"
May 13, 12:28 PM

Jan 2018
Interesting. This episode 7 was nothing like the episode 7 of the OG. Did they skip an episode? The start of the episode here implied that the events of OG episode 7 did happen but it wasn't shown. That's a bit of a shame. I liked that episode even though it was pretty filler-y.

This is the first time there was a huge difference between the OG and the remake. Based on what I heard, I expect to see more differences in the 2nd cour.

What can I say? This was a great episode. The way Holo's ears were moving under the clothes was so cute. She's so adorable.

The way Holo exposed the dishonest trader's scheme was pretty hilarious and inventive. Another "Wise Wolf Holo moment" I suppose.

The way they animated the shepherd/sorcerer near the end looked so good. The music was great too. Excited to see what happens next. Maybe I'll watch Episode 8 of the original early since it's most likely the same as the remake's episode 7.
May 13, 12:53 PM

Feb 2014
Another week, another new episode where I question to myself "How cute can Holo be today?".

The answer, unsurprisingly, is VERY cute and for this episode in particular, she was getting top marks on the cuteness rating for how she couldn't contain her excitement of hearing the honey covered apples, pears and peaches from Lawrence. Seriously, how can you say no to Holo's pleading face?! XD

She was also on point when it came to dealing with the tradesman by acting drunk and exposing the table that wasn't level by spilling her drink on it, which helped Lawrence gain a huge advantage in negotiations. After that, she was able to convince Lawrence to buy oil for her once they arrive at the next major town. A happy Holo makes anyone happy!

The episode reached its end when Lawrence met the shepherd. I liked the floating grass in the wind during their meeting with each other. Simple, but effective.
May 13, 12:53 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to 0451
Interesting. This episode 7 was nothing like the episode 7 of the OG. Did they skip an episode? The start of the episode here implied that the events of OG episode 7 did happen but it wasn't shown. That's a bit of a shame. I liked that episode even though it was pretty filler-y.

This is the first time there was a huge difference between the OG and the remake. Based on what I heard, I expect to see more differences in the 2nd cour.

What can I say? This was a great episode. The way Holo's ears were moving under the clothes was so cute. She's so adorable.

The way Holo exposed the dishonest trader's scheme was pretty hilarious and inventive. Another "Wise Wolf Holo moment" I suppose.

The way they animated the shepherd/sorcerer near the end looked so good. The music was great too. Excited to see what happens next. Maybe I'll watch Episode 8 of the original early since it's most likely the same as the remake's episode 7.
@0451 Episode 7 was a DVD-only episode I think, kind of like an OVA so episode 8 of the original correlates with episode 7 of this version.
May 13, 12:54 PM

Jan 2018
animejas said:
@0451 Episode 7 was a DVD-only episode I think, kind of like an OVA so episode 8 of the original correlates with episode 7 of this version.

Really? That's a bit weird. But good to know.
May 13, 1:04 PM
May 2017
i liked it a lot despite they didnt went to buy her new clothe. I found it cool.
But good episode
May 13, 1:08 PM

May 2015
Holo channeling her inner Yui Hirasawa was a neat touch
May 13, 1:50 PM

Jul 2012
Wonder what the guy was saying about the old village that got silenced out o:
May 13, 2:09 PM
Nov 2023
I feel sorry for the people who vote negative for this anime, I hope everything is fine in their homes.
May 13, 2:44 PM

Nov 2016
Oh my, Holo doesn't like that xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 13, 2:58 PM

Mar 2020
More usual adventures, and Holo sure loves munching her food!

This was a much more relaxing episode compared to the last one, as we are now starting the second volume of the adaptation. I haven't watched the original series, but the pacing seemed to be a bit faster this time around, as I have heard from readers. Holo and Lawrence continue to make a good duo, and their relationship is getting better and better, both in terms of an emotional, but also practical standpoint with how people try to scam Lawrence, and Holo would spot those scams. Not a whole lot going on in this episode, as it felt like a set-up for the next arc, but it was a fine episode overall.
May 13, 4:02 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Got more of a chill episode this week after the more intense one we just had, I’m definitely a fan of that as it was ripe with cute Holo moments, my favorites were probably when she was drooling over Lawrence’s in depth description of pickled fruits and when Holo was trying to smooth talk Lawrence into buying her oil for her tail lol, good stuff. And we also got another cool trading situation, this time it wasn’t trying to use bullshit to get a better price, but instead sussing out the bullshit, I had a feeling there was something amiss when that old dude pulled out the scales, that was a clever trick he used but that ain’t getting by the wise wolf.

And near the end of this one we got some setup for what I’m assuming is the next arc with this shepherd girl Lawrence met at the end, with the rumors that she can control wolves and the fact Holo had a bad feeling about her, I can’t help but feel there’s more to her than just being a beautiful babe so I’m excited to find out.
May 13, 4:47 PM
Oct 2016
As they move away from that dire situation Lawrence and Holo set upon a new town looking to make some money as they journey on. Equipped with mounds of pepper Lawrence heads to the local merchant trading company in this town. A very mundane place that's only real focus seems to be the church, lots of medieval places like this where they're built almost solely around their town church. Lawrence and Holo are so cute together speaking as they discuss the towns they'll be going through, Holo gets very excited about the prospect of good eats. Her demeanor is so adorable when she gets excited. Holo did a great job seeing how that merchant has been cheating people. The uneven table leaning ever so slightly making the scales tip favorable in his direction. Lawrence had no clue, without Holo there he would've lost A lot of profits. Despite her spoiled attitude she more than makes up for it with her wit and charm. Holo is a lot of fun to be around and proves herself in ways you don't expect. Lawrence choosing some armor to sell at the next town was a wise choice since armor will be a hot commodity there. Lawrence and Holo meeting someone interesting on the road, A Shepard girl.
May 13, 5:14 PM

Sep 2016
Best girl Nora on scene.
May 13, 6:54 PM
Mar 2015
They sold their pepper for armor Now we meet the shephard
May 13, 7:24 PM
Jun 2012
Holo being cute as always.

She really has Lawrence all figured out and wrapped around her little finger already, lol.

Ah yes, the "Sacred Gold".

Looking forward to next week :3
May 13, 8:10 PM
Jul 2021
I like their dynamic, it feels like a very adult romance. But Kraft is seemingly enamored by the shepherd girl and Holo is immediately jealous. Guess we found time for a jealousy arc in this fantasy romance with a spiritual creature lol.
May 13, 8:13 PM
Jan 2022
Great episode as always, the interaction between them is truly admirable, the genuine feeling during the conversations, with transparency and affection...
May 13, 8:34 PM

Apr 2022
last scene looked really majestic, but holo's mood got spoiled lol.
May 13, 8:57 PM

Nov 2010
The animation before the protagonists met a shepherd is terrible. Did they draw a scene that the cart turned? or the point of view moved? After that came another terrible animation of hills while the cart went forward. The nearest and farthest hill came closer and the hill between them went away at the same time. (Probably the anime team wanted to draw up and down of the hills, but...)
May 13, 9:22 PM

Mar 2007
Oh wow, I thought the weights were going to be fake but it's even more insidious that the table is slanted instead. Clever of the merchant, unfortunately he didn't count on Wise Wolf Holo.

The 2 of them going from Drunk to Sober was hilarious. Serves him right.

Are these honeyed peaches a thing? Suddenly I've got a craving for them.
May 14, 12:11 AM
Oct 2019
Bruh almost got scammed again.🤦‍♂️
Thank god Holo was there with him.

Of course Holo hate shepherd. lol

Ohh new girl incoming.
davidyodo24May 21, 7:31 PM
May 14, 1:23 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Oh, I loved imagining Lawrence eating his pride inside a bread. The chemistry between the couple was very good in the original and it is just as good here, as well.

Finally, Norah appears. It's good that I watched the original long ago, since I don't remember very well what happens with her.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
May 14, 1:42 AM

Oct 2020
It's always nice to meet the nice shepard girl "Nora".
May 14, 4:30 AM

Jul 2022
What a great episode! Holo really saved Lawrence's skin, but it's a shame his ambition doesn't decrease, and the little profit they make from trading will go into their purchases.

We're starting to see the power of the church, and I know how terrible things were in those times, so it's kind of scary. A pastor appeared, and that might make Holo jealous.
May 14, 8:36 AM
Apr 2022
I have the impression that Lawrence wasn't a very good trader before meeting Holo, she saved him again from a scammer
May 14, 11:28 AM

Jul 2020
Only the best bread for Holo!

Holo bit him because he criticised Holo!

More apples for Holo!

Holo knows a scam when she sees one

Holo is mad! Holo is mad! Holo is so cute when she is mad
May 14, 11:36 AM
Mar 2023
Maaannn… Holo would run me for every penny and I’d be cheesing the whole time smfh. Be broke with a SMILE.
May 14, 4:07 PM
Jul 2022
Great episode! They really did good with this remake
May 14, 7:19 PM

Jul 2016
Holo has such expensive tastes lol.
Also Lawrence almost got scammed again. Dude really needs to be more distrustful next time.
May 14, 7:39 PM
Apr 2023
Idk a better place to ask this but is it worth watching? I have seen spice and wolf but what exactly does a remake do?
May 14, 8:21 PM

Feb 2016
>Ditch Holo.
>Make family with the shepherd.
Hell yeah.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
May 15, 10:23 AM

Feb 2021
Seems like She's jealous of that sorcerer XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 15, 10:38 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a pretty girl in middle of the way!!!!
kekeke
May 15, 11:44 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Holo is as clever as ever and manages to save Lawrence from the scam, they just got more in the end with the armors... now continuing the travel that new girl definitely seems interesting eheh Holo jealousy incoming
May 16, 5:11 AM
Mar 2019
I sense a source of jealousy for Holo. hihi
May 16, 7:12 AM

Oct 2016
The spice trading scene was too good! Perfect example of show don’t tell. Can’t wait for next week to further understand why Holo has such beef with the Shepard. (8.5/10)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10

42 by metatron13 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 3

51 by MegamiRem »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27

68 by MegamiRem »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20

59 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6

122 by MegamiRem »»
Jun 10, 4:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.