Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Fable
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
I'm not sure if it's intentional but seems this show loves to keep Akira shirtless as long as possible lol

Jokes aside, glad to see him being an ordinary person looking for work. I mean, he might not look at it but he's trying. I think it's interesting to note that Akira takes all this like just part of the norm.
May 4, 9:50 AM

Dec 2021
Wow... 800 yen... an hour. LOL.

Finally, Akira begins searching for a new job... However, he still hasn't found one. In the midst of this, Misaki Shimizu introduces him to her workplace, the design company "Octopass," on his way to work. Akira is hired with an hourly wage of 800 yen. A new life begins from here onward... Meanwhile, in front of the prison, the day of release has finally arrived for Ebihara's henchman, Kenji Kojima.

As Akira begins his new 9-5 job, Ebihara's henchmen are sure to stir things up.

May 4, 10:08 AM
Sep 2015
I think I've a soft spot for deadpan comedy.
May 4, 10:37 AM
Sep 2021
His birthday.
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
May 4, 10:59 AM

Dec 2022
An afternoon drama starring Jackal is something I did not know I needed. Congratulations to Fable on landing what seems like an incredibly shitty job! Some good hooks here with the guy's brother getting out of jail, Kuro wanting to become a hitman, and the possibility of there existing multiple assassins with the Fable name.
LampblastedMay 4, 11:02 AM
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
May 4, 11:32 AM
May 2020
Goddamn don't let me down Fable!

Got a long line of heartache, I carry it well
The list of lives I've broken reach from here to hell
Bad luck wind been blowin' at my back
I pray you don't look at me
I pray I don't look back
May 4, 11:56 AM
Sep 2014
Will Frieren or Fable recieve the Autist of the Year award?
May 4, 1:44 PM

Aug 2013
That scene with Youko's face though; makes any potential romantic play go out the window. I don't recall that frame being in the manga.

Akira working hard trying to land a job. Man is just looking for revenue and these clowns all want some superficial shit.

That wage is equal to third world/slave/child labor goddamn.
May 4, 1:48 PM

Aug 2022
I love this show :)

May 4, 4:53 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Oof 800 yen an hour has got to be rough πŸ˜… Satou was just foreshadowing that for Akira πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ it seems like the boss got onto the captain about messing around with Sato, but tried to make sure his brother Kojima would stay in line when he got out of prison and at the end of the episode we get a sneak peak of the man and I think we all know this guy is not going to be able to be held down like the boss wants him to be. He even said at the end of the episode he can’t wait to cut loose. I’m just waiting for the confrontation between him and Akira πŸ’―
May 4, 5:48 PM

Nov 2010
  • The fable is a man of common sense. He puts on his clothes in a room when his sister is present.
  • The fable is a man of iron. It's impossible for me to do such a thing: to allow a bird with sharp nails and strong grip perch on his naked shoulder.
  • "800 yen / hour. I'm stepping forward to a normal life" - non, non. it's well below the average...
May 4, 6:27 PM

Apr 2022
my boy got a proper job, big ups to that.
May 4, 11:18 PM

Jul 2017
Takeshi gets a rude awakening from Ebihara that Akira isn't the only rumoured Fable, and one of their henchmen is due for prison release. And Takahashi...he's on due course over his drunkenness, all while Akira is sipping and watching Jackal's coming-of-age drama in bare nakedness lols. Kuro trying to imitate Akira by jumping off the bridge while he's no pro, he should be lucky that he got away with a broken leg.

Akira going to find part-time work, but one that pays him 800 yen/hour, that's dirt cheap after filling his resume rather quick for a used clothes shop. But his birthday being on April Fool's and his favourite hobby being Jackal, guess he didn't really get the jobs. Trying for one more place at a florist, and coincidentally meeting Misaki who's also on her way there, he unexpectedly got the job instead for driver delivery work, with increments if he does well. Guess this is the power of people referral. Takeshi being surprised that Akira managed to find a job, he doesn't care at all.

Yoko thinking that Akira would fall in love with Misaki, a workplace romance it is one, but he's willing to try to get closer to the ordinary life.
Embrace that ordinary life, Akira.
May 5, 1:53 PM

Jul 2019
No idea why but the way the characters laugh in this so feel authentic. Like it sounds like the characters actually laugh
May 6, 2:45 AM

Sep 2013
The interview part cracked me up for some reason, the hobby being a shit tier comedian is hilarious to me and i don't know why
Deep dark fantasies
May 6, 5:53 AM
Jun 2019
Why its rating still so low? It has different taste. If you don't like the taste, you will start to down rate them? There should be a separate critics score. Critics should be selected from people each year but under the monitor of MAL authority. Otherwise, mal score will be meaningless, though it already became somewhat because of recent fanbase spamming scoring.
May 6, 5:55 AM
Jun 2019
Reply to IzanaSolos
Wow... 800 yen... an hour. LOL.

Finally, Akira begins searching for a new job... However, he still hasn't found one. In the midst of this, Misaki Shimizu introduces him to her workplace, the design company "Octopass," on his way to work. Akira is hired with an hourly wage of 800 yen. A new life begins from here onward... Meanwhile, in front of the prison, the day of release has finally arrived for Ebihara's henchman, Kenji Kojima.

As Akira begins his new 9-5 job, Ebihara's henchmen are sure to stir things up.
@IzanaSolos so you are basically give the summary of whole episode? Atleast use
May 6, 12:22 PM
Feb 2022
Reply to RUKASLAN
@RUKASLAN If they use that style (check below), they're bots. I don't know who and why, but someone's been training AI on this forum (for a while, couple years at least). They all write some sort of summary, without any particular message or personal take.

1 Line Intro
Summary
1 Line Outro
May 6, 7:11 PM
May 2017
damn to think i nearly dropped this, the humor is finally getting through to me
May 7, 2:38 AM
πŸ₯Š CHAMPION πŸ₯Š

Apr 2016
Satou has a new job!!!
Jackal, the romantic comedy of the season!!!
Hilarious!k
kekeke
May 7, 6:17 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to RUKASLAN
@RUKASLAN
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode." is said in rules, so you don't have to use spoiler tag to write what happened in current episode since the discussion is about it.
May 8, 6:23 PM

Mar 2008
Lol Kuro jumping off the bridge out of admiration was funny. Thought he was dead at first.

And that drama show is so goofy and Akira putting Jackal on his resumé hah

¥800 in 2014 was worth uhm let's see....about like $6.72 ....and the minimum wage in Osaka prefecture for the time was uhmmmmmm looks like it was ¥819 at the time so they were only slightly underpaying him unless the value was changed from what the manga was to be updated in which case current minimum wage in Osaka prefecture is ¥1064 since 2023 then he would be pretty underpaid.
May 9, 10:09 PM

Oct 2022
Bro treating romance like its some random side quest he can complete once πŸ’€
May 17, 6:24 PM

Aug 2014
The OP and ED songs are good, the OP first part visuals also.

I guess author didn't have much of an idea for this story if he is making serial killer work part time.. but then it could just by any other person instead of killer.. why not a highschool thug? or like that other guy said some retired Olympic athlete? ;/
(γ₯οΏ£ ³οΏ£)γ₯ けゅっ けゅっ γ‚­γ‚Ή (´ο½‘βœͺωβœͺq`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 18, 2:39 PM

Nov 2016
Imagine Akira has to kill Jackal at some point, that would be a ridiculous twist. Before that he most definitely will face Kojima one way or another.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 1:43 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
One of the best parts of this show is seeing Akira's face light up in pure joy whenever he sees Jackal on screen

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 4, 10:10 AM

Aug 2013
I hope the new girl won't become a weakness for our man, I feel like somehow he'll end up reacting emotionally because of her in a critical situation.

And we finally got to hear some proper Kansai dialect, it wasn't quite noticeable on the previous episodes since the manager doesn't use it much.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Fable Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1

28 by curvedtree »»
Yesterday, 6:10 PM

Poll: » The Fable Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25

34 by Ranxomare »»
Yesterday, 10:42 AM

» Randomly woke up and realized there's a NHK ni Youkoso! reference

perennial_suit - May 26

7 by MichaelJackson »»
Jun 4, 4:32 PM

Poll: » The Fable Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27

42 by jefba »»
May 30, 6:40 PM

Poll: » The Fable Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18

31 by RUKASLAN »»
May 26, 9:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.