Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 10, 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
Another episode means more customers and visitors into that bar. It seems this show has them at all ages, not just young adults.

This time, we got an older gentleman visiting. I also noticed that bar serves more than just drinks. They also got hot soup too. Ryuu is truly living up his expectations imo for his service.
Apr 10, 8:30 AM

Dec 2021
First day on the job for Ryuu... well, at least on this job, not at bartending lol.

Ryuu, who started working at the bar Lapin, serves a customer named Taizo Kurushima, an elderly and very wealthy man who visits the bar on the anniversary of his late master's death. Ryuu contemplates what drink to serve to impress Taizo, who criticizes every cocktail as "bad" and leaves. On another day, a drenched woman comes to Eden Hall during the rain, to which Ryuu makes her a drink, as usual.

Just another day at the bar for Ryuu.

Apr 10, 9:28 AM
Sep 2015
Making food or drink that taste the same as in the past is very difficult, I think it's even more difficult than improving the taste. Even mass production of food/drink can't maintain its taste after a lot of time has passed.
Apr 10, 10:01 AM

Feb 2021
I'm not expecting Sasakura to accept the job any time soon (not within this season at least), but the hotel CEO liking him is cool lol.
The mystery novel doesn't appear to be real. (Edit: it's real, Bullshot by Gabrielle Kraft. Sorry, my bad)
My search history will be full of cocktails after each episode.
EmbientApr 10, 10:07 PM
Apr 10, 10:10 AM

Mar 2021
It looks like it will take a lot of persuasion to get Sasakura to agree to become the hotels new bartender. I have never heard of the bull shot cocktail before it looks really interesting though.
Apr 10, 10:52 AM
Nov 2023
This anime will definitely be in my top 3 for the season.
It's simply impossible to not be smiling at the end of every episode, no matter how bad the day was.
The same thing happens with Frieren, and if a show can be compared to Frieren, it's good.
Can't wait for more!
gorkthe134thApr 10, 11:00 AM
Apr 10, 10:57 AM

Apr 2022
I love the wittiness behind giving her a bull shot, a shame that that novel isn't actually a thing. Also when he said he didnt want to say something to the duo insisting on hiring him, I thought he'd tell them to leave, but was pleasantly surprised, lol. Gotta place the bar on the ground floor now.
Apr 10, 11:32 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Ryu accidentally made his prospect for the job even better by fulfilling the president's request. I wonder what his personal issue is other than just starting in his new job, even serving that lawyer lady with such class. Oh, and the stories behind each cocktail are quite interesting.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 10, 11:34 AM

Jan 2016
LOL, old guy seems like an ass, but unfortunately for bartender, it was wrong guy to please if wanted those ladies to leave him alone. I get vibe he will be future grandson-in-law, but no time soon just like him working at hotel is no time soon.

Anytime anything has smoking it's so lame but I am going to try to respect the likely purpose of those who are stressed out [easily] often are also drug addicts, I know half the losers I worked with in SOF smoked. So lame.

An amazing anime, the alcohol throws me off constantly and makes me want to drink. Continuing to go strong with 3 weeks since my last drink and that one was a small single drink to celebrate special occasion. Looking forward to future interactions. The one with old man was more realistic in my eyes, while one with lawyer was expected SUPER bartender.

Apr 10, 12:11 PM

Apr 2021
Can I give this a sixth star for the episode? OMG this show is really good so far the animation is drop dead gorgeous and as an alcohol nerd its super interesting! I really want to try to make all the drinks in this show.
Apr 10, 12:13 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Embient
I'm not expecting Sasakura to accept the job any time soon (not within this season at least), but the hotel CEO liking him is cool lol.
The mystery novel doesn't appear to be real. (Edit: it's real, Bullshot by Gabrielle Kraft. Sorry, my bad)
@Embient https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1753705.Bullshot this seems close
Apr 10, 1:21 PM

Jul 2022
What a cute and relaxing anime! It's great to learn a little about the history of bars. I'm also excited about how the protagonist interacts with each customer and connects with their stories. Even those who initially seem grumpy end up changing due to the attitude positive with which they are treated.

So it's the grandfather and granddaughter who want to recruit Sasakura. I don't blame them for being persistent, considering how excellent he is at his job.
Apr 10, 1:33 PM

May 2021
So far, significantly better told story than the original animation.
Apr 10, 1:37 PM

Nov 2016
The disrespect of asking him to get a sake from the vending machine was crazy, lmao.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 10, 1:55 PM
Oct 2021
i’m loving this so far. i didn’t know what to expect at first but so far it’s good
Apr 10, 1:56 PM

Mar 2024
Even if Akutegawa is there, anime sucks.
ラーメン食いに行こうぜ~
Apr 10, 2:07 PM
Nov 2021
great episode, I love how the storys of the different characters get connected, also I love to learn something while having fun watching. As of now, great anime.
Apr 10, 2:25 PM

Mar 2023
I was really hoping it wasn't a lie that he was afraid of heights, I'm terrified of heights!
Apr 10, 3:18 PM

Jul 2017
Another pretty good episode. Besides the Mushoku Tensei premiere, this has probably been my favorite show that I have seen so far, although I do expect Yuru Camp to be better after a couple episodes once it gets more to the actual camping stuff and improves its compositions. Two stories were told in this episode but both were pretty good, especially in the second half. Vibes are as relaxing as usual, and nice learning about complexities of customers who visit said bars. Time in general just flew by very quickly watching this, something that only a few anime have managed to do this season so far which I appreciate.
Apr 10, 4:02 PM

Dec 2016
"For travelers from overseas who arrive at the hotel late at night, the first human they speak to in this country is the hotel bartender"

What if anyone arriving from overseas is hungry, they would go first to a restaurant or food stall. What about if they are dead tired on arrival? They would check in and go straight to their hotel room. How do they even get to their destinations after they drop off the plane? They would probably use a taxi cab, specially in the dead of night. There would be plenty of people to interact way before going into a bar, the bartender wouldn't be the first to give them the welcome.

Out of all the drinks the old master could have prepared to the old guy, Sasakura coincidentally prepared "the one" and exactly like the old guy liked it? I call this bullshit. The explanation about the right amount of cold was also quite farfetched.

I understand that the whole format is going to be a one on one talk from the wisest man on earth that will do the right guess with very little information (and ignoring the plethora of possible coincidences), but the whole "Ratatouille" skit of changing people's life with one drink is bound to get tiresome really fast. Yotsuiro Biyori also did this kind of format, but at least their cafe/restaurant was almost always full and the animators had to make it look full of customers, rather than look like the most sterile and boring place.

The bullshit for the phrase "one for the road" was also quite hilariously bad. I guess that's the biggest mottif for the series, bullshit with a straight face and the ignorants will believe everything you throw at them.

The old man telling Sasakura he had the imagination of a school kid, is on par with the writing. It feels like the author was no older than 12 when they came up with this.

KimurahApr 10, 4:15 PM
Apr 10, 4:23 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to gorkthe134th
This anime will definitely be in my top 3 for the season.
It's simply impossible to not be smiling at the end of every episode, no matter how bad the day was.
The same thing happens with Frieren, and if a show can be compared to Frieren, it's good.
Can't wait for more!
@gorkthe134th
100% agree. I just wish this aired on Fridays though. I really love ending my week watching something like this.
And I know I could wait till Friday to watch this, but it is too good to wait, lol
Apr 10, 4:35 PM
Jan 2024
I'm loving this anime only 2 episodes in but both are great and I'm already looking forward to next weeks
Apr 10, 4:40 PM

May 2013
Another peaceful episode of cstay classy the anime. I'm wondering, considering I don't drink, how many of you have had all of the drinks served so far or even heard of all of them? My impression so far is that most of the drinks have been just weel executed versions of standard drinks, with maybe the exception of the one that looked like soup this episode?
Apr 10, 4:41 PM

May 2013
Reply to FMmatron
The disrespect of asking him to get a sake from the vending machine was crazy, lmao.
@FMmatron Absolutely savage. I was actually cheering when
Apr 10, 4:45 PM

May 2013
Reply to LilyVarbik
LOL, old guy seems like an ass, but unfortunately for bartender, it was wrong guy to please if wanted those ladies to leave him alone. I get vibe he will be future grandson-in-law, but no time soon just like him working at hotel is no time soon.

Anytime anything has smoking it's so lame but I am going to try to respect the likely purpose of those who are stressed out [easily] often are also drug addicts, I know half the losers I worked with in SOF smoked. So lame.

An amazing anime, the alcohol throws me off constantly and makes me want to drink. Continuing to go strong with 3 weeks since my last drink and that one was a small single drink to celebrate special occasion. Looking forward to future interactions. The one with old man was more realistic in my eyes, while one with lawyer was expected SUPER bartender.
@LilyVarbik Yeah the interaction with the lawyer was a bit tongue in cheek, but still really liked it.
Apr 10, 5:52 PM
Oct 2019
this episode was a very good experience I had in my day, I like the vibe of the anime, I'm hopeful for more episodes
Apr 10, 6:16 PM

May 2021
Another episode of immaculate vibes and interesting story telling. This show is quickly becoming a must watch for me this season.
Apr 10, 6:29 PM
Jan 2021
This show really is the hidden gem of this season. It tells such simple themes and messages, yet it's done so perfectly that I can't help but want more. The writing from this studio is straight fire, this will easily be in my top 5 this season.
Apr 10, 6:47 PM

Nov 2010
  • It seems there are 2 bullshots: one is cold cocktail with spices, the other is soup with alcohol.
  • I'm not familiar with hot hard drink; atsukan (hot sake) and amazake are only exceptions. It never occurs to me to drink hot wine...
Apr 10, 6:50 PM

Jul 2016
Fantastic second episode. Good to have another chill show to relax this season alongside Yuru Camp.
Apr 10, 6:56 PM
Jun 2012
Watching the second episode I again realised that none of the alcohols seem to be fake and are actual brands.
I wonder how many of them are sponsoring this anime XD.

Those poor women are chasing him from bar to bar now. Hope it doesn't turn creepy.
What obligation does he have to where he just started working I wonder.

Soup was the first thing I thought of when I saw how cold and miserable the lawyer seemed. I never knew there was a cocktail that uses soup though so when he went to the restaurant to get some I thought I was crazy, lol.
Apr 10, 7:46 PM

Dec 2020
this anime chill as FUCK
Apr 10, 7:52 PM

Apr 2022
mans getting job offers for that skill, thats a dub.
Apr 10, 9:04 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Embient
@Embient I don't know if its this book, there too many books with name of Bullshot, this only maybe the MC is lawyer https://www.betterworldbooks.com/product/detail/bullshot-9780671637248
Apr 10, 9:08 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to KikiSohma
Watching the second episode I again realised that none of the alcohols seem to be fake and are actual brands.
I wonder how many of them are sponsoring this anime XD.

Those poor women are chasing him from bar to bar now. Hope it doesn't turn creepy.
What obligation does he have to where he just started working I wonder.

Soup was the first thing I thought of when I saw how cold and miserable the lawyer seemed. I never knew there was a cocktail that uses soup though so when he went to the restaurant to get some I thought I was crazy, lol.
@KikiSohma Don't know is its same, the old Bertender anime didn't have any sponsors about alcoholic drinks, I believe you don't need permision to use real life brands, unlike games and manga, such.
Apr 10, 10:06 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to KaedeKyl9
@Embient I don't know if its this book, there too many books with name of Bullshot, this only maybe the MC is lawyer https://www.betterworldbooks.com/product/detail/bullshot-9780671637248
@KaedeKyl9 Yeah, this is the one, my bad.
Apr 10, 10:39 PM
Nov 2018
Definitely love the feel good vibes this show gives. Wondering what problems the bartender has.
Apr 11, 1:08 AM
Mar 2024
The old guy who was nostalgic about post-war bars when even refrigeration was rare shows that this is a remake from 2006...I think that post-war reconstruction era where things were primitive was over by 1960, so he would have to be at least 85 and probably in his 90s in the present day. Possible but there's few of that generation left. But in 2006 when this story was first done, there were a lot more Japanese men of that age still around and going out to bars.
myriadinApr 11, 2:28 AM
Apr 11, 5:49 AM
Jan 2020
Something about this anime makes me feel good
Apr 11, 7:43 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The offer to work is there, but he continues said no!!!
kekeke
Apr 11, 8:31 AM
Mar 2024
They improved animation, character designs and story on this remake. Great job liber 5/5

https://www.reddit.com/r/EdenHall/s/UUYGSJ0Zmf
Apr 11, 8:45 AM

May 2013
Reply to Kimurah
"For travelers from overseas who arrive at the hotel late at night, the first human they speak to in this country is the hotel bartender"

What if anyone arriving from overseas is hungry, they would go first to a restaurant or food stall. What about if they are dead tired on arrival? They would check in and go straight to their hotel room. How do they even get to their destinations after they drop off the plane? They would probably use a taxi cab, specially in the dead of night. There would be plenty of people to interact way before going into a bar, the bartender wouldn't be the first to give them the welcome.

Out of all the drinks the old master could have prepared to the old guy, Sasakura coincidentally prepared "the one" and exactly like the old guy liked it? I call this bullshit. The explanation about the right amount of cold was also quite farfetched.

I understand that the whole format is going to be a one on one talk from the wisest man on earth that will do the right guess with very little information (and ignoring the plethora of possible coincidences), but the whole "Ratatouille" skit of changing people's life with one drink is bound to get tiresome really fast. Yotsuiro Biyori also did this kind of format, but at least their cafe/restaurant was almost always full and the animators had to make it look full of customers, rather than look like the most sterile and boring place.

The bullshit for the phrase "one for the road" was also quite hilariously bad. I guess that's the biggest mottif for the series, bullshit with a straight face and the ignorants will believe everything you throw at them.

The old man telling Sasakura he had the imagination of a school kid, is on par with the writing. It feels like the author was no older than 12 when they came up with this.

@Kimurah Bro you gave a 10 to ERASED which is the most bullshit anime of the century, get a grip.
Apr 11, 11:34 AM

Feb 2023
Very comfy show. It will be fun to see if we get more rare drinks like the Pisco Sour or Sazerac.
Apr 11, 12:00 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to destinyunknown
@Kimurah Bro you gave a 10 to ERASED which is the most bullshit anime of the century, get a grip.
@destinyunknown

Bro, you're like the cartoon version of people in this site that use a strawman to counter anything. Stay in school, don't be a fool, learn how to debate.

Apr 11, 12:13 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Miwa and Yukari may have not been sucessfull in recruiting Ryu, but he seems to have caught the attention of Miwa's grandfather who was being difficult with Ryu earlier. It seems like Miwa's grandfather was someone who can make a cocktail in memory of the former owner of the bar who happened to be Ryu's mentor. That lawyer lady looked like she was stressed out from work after dealing with multiple cases and that bullshot cocktail literally warmed her up giving her more energy to do her job. Miwa and Yukari attempt to hire Ryu hits another road block as he tells them he's afraid of heights. Whether this is true or not remains a mystery as the bar at the new hotel is on the top floor. It all points that Ryu has a personal reason for working at Eden Hall.

First time hearing about the Bullshot cocktail.
Apr 11, 12:51 PM
Jan 2021
I didn't think an anime about a bartender could be so interesting. I didn't have high expectations after the first episode, but this one was great.
Apr 11, 2:20 PM
Dec 2023
"Don't change the taste of alcohol. Try to adapt it to the mood and feelings the customer is giving off. It will then be closer to what the consumer really wants."

A second episode that fleshes out the story a little, but reveals the greatest quality of the original work, as well as the reason why the 1st anime is so dear to me (and has influenced and changed me): the psychology and human understanding shown by our favorite bartender, Sasakura Ryu. This character is so dear to me because of his nature and his ability to spot and discern the slightest detail, the slightest element, in order to deliver the perfect cocktail to his interlocutor. Whether it's his tone of voice, the way he dresses, an insignificant habit, or even his gaze or an accessory. Sasakura can see it all, and therefore understand and know what to serve. He is a notable precursor in my vision of the world and the way I behave socially. Like Sasakura, I notice everything. So just for that, I'd like to thank everyone involved in this project for the magnificent job you've done in giving us such a refreshingly successful iyashikei (the best genre in the anime/manga world, notwithstanding).

Whether in terms of story, atmosphere or music, this is definitely the best anime of the season, along with Yuru Camp. I can't wait to see the animated sequel, and hope it attracts as many viewers as possible to the magnificent work that is Bartender.

Apr 11, 2:25 PM

Jan 2021
So calming... watching this at 2am soothes my heart and relaxes me too.

However, this episode made me realize that being a bartender requires a lot of patience... every job requires patience especially in the service sector but at least you won't get rude remarks easily by customers... telling a bartender to buy sake from vending machine when he's inside an actual bar is just another level of rudeness lol

Apr 11, 3:49 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Embient said:

Another great episode. The ladies as per usual hound Ryuu as they want him to work at the hotel bar vs Eden hall, but I don’t know how realistic that goal will be seeing that he just started there and it seems that he’s happy there 😄 two very difficult customers this time for Ryuu, but after some pondering he nailed both of the drinks for them 👌
Apr 11, 4:57 PM
Jun 2012
Reply to KaedeKyl9
@KikiSohma Don't know is its same, the old Bertender anime didn't have any sponsors about alcoholic drinks, I believe you don't need permision to use real life brands, unlike games and manga, such.
@KaedeKyl9

Don't know where you got this idea since 90% of anime have fake brands because they are not sponsored by them.
E.g. Fantan (Fanta) McRonalds (McDonalds), NewTube (Youtube), Abibas (Adidas), Heegen-Dazs (Haagen-Dazs), etc.
Sometimes because they planned for a sponsor but it fell through.

Unless the rules changed this year?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5

22 by AnimeSrk »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29

35 by Ranxomare »»
Yesterday, 7:07 AM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22

25 by LilyVarbik »»
Jun 5, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15

46 by miyo__ »»
Jun 5, 11:09 AM

» very underrated

Benedito29 - May 8

45 by Merve2Love »»
May 30, 4:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.