Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
This episode had its first major on screen competition. Much of the show has been about the concept of making drinks, industry, background stories, etc. but now, we have actual competition. Episode just happens to deal with cocktails.

There's still info dump about the various flavors but this episode felt more exciting with that sense of competitive vibe.
May 22, 10:13 AM

Mar 2021
Really nice episode with an exciting cocktail competition all the drinks looked amazing.
May 22, 10:17 AM

Feb 2021
5:02 抜け目がない (nukeme ga nai lit. "no oversights") - shrewd; astute; cunning. He replaced "nai" with "nee", which sounds less formal and more "rough", but still correct.

8:50 あわあわ (awaawa) - in a fluster; in a panic. アワード (awaado) - award.

Ooooffff and just as I was wondering what if a bartender spilled a drink on the stage...
17:38 "No new notifications"

Minami is so wholesome, he is literally radiating happiness.
Is this the end for Chen's story though? Feels abrupt, but okay.
May 22, 10:53 AM

Aug 2019
I thought he was going to be one of the judges lol

Glad to hear that Chen is still able to be a bartender.
May 22, 11:17 AM

Aug 2011
Great episode that was, and Yuri really shows how talented she is with that Okinawa-inspired cocktail. Chen still has a long way to go as a bartender, but at the very least he will now be able to do it at his dad's hotel, and I get the sense he will be both the new hotel manager and a bartender in that hotel, which will work out well for everybody seeing that he's somebody who is capable of doing both.
May 22, 11:34 AM
Sep 2022
i swear this anime is going to make me cry one Day
No manga spoilers pls
May 22, 12:00 PM

Nov 2023
It's only fitting for an anime called Bartender, that, when an episode ends, I would always be a little happier than when it started.
May 22, 2:12 PM

Mar 2023
Kyoko's moving up in the world, and that's all that matters to me.
May 22, 2:26 PM

Jul 2022
Poor Cheng, he didn't win the Coktel Awards and had to move to his dad's hotel in Shanghai, but as a barman. Yuri won the Coktel Awards. And Kyoko is leaving the Minami bar to work at the old man's hotel. Everyone gained something in this episode... It's a new beginning for them, and now with more experience.
May 22, 6:26 PM

Dec 2021
I'm glad Kyoko's efforts paid off, and Yuri won.

The arc wrapped up nicely: Kelvin can still chase his dream of becoming a bartender, Kyoko got a new job offer with her boss's blessing, and Yuri won the competition.
IzanaSolosMay 23, 4:34 AM

May 22, 6:51 PM

Nov 2010
May 22, 6:52 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Ah so the cocktail competition is finally here and we have our winner being Yuri 🏆 it’s good to see that Chen is still bartending even after his dad’s disapproval, but it seems that after the competition that he accepted him as bartender for his hotel 🏨
May 22, 8:06 PM
Oct 2019
cool episode, I want to see more about Chen and please focus on our MC, I want to see him more
May 22, 9:13 PM

Jun 2012
For a competition the atmosphere felt so chill, until Chen had his turn.
Glad he finally got what he wished for, even if his Dad still made him come home.

Good for Kyoko, getting her efforts recognised.
I just hope she rests, especially her wrists, otherwise that is going to become a bigger problem in the future.

Yuri winning was not a big shock, she had the right mindset and even dedicated the drink to her senpai.

After credits scene:
This is the second time that Ryuu has been looking gloomy(?) at that construction site.
What is going on?

Guess we will have to wait and see next week.
May 23, 11:14 AM
Oct 2021
I cant belive we had a sort of Torment Arc in this ep. 😂
I appreciate them for putting the drinks recipes, maybe one day I'll give those a try.
May 23, 11:37 AM

Jul 2012
Lol the events of this episode were pretty predictable and the competition went by extremely fast. Can't complain though, might have been super bored if they drew it out.

Finally getting a sneak peak at the end of potentially seeing what's going on with Sasakura and preventing him from working at their counter bar in the next episode.
May 23, 3:25 PM
Jan 2023
Im torn between "I'm so glad they made quick work of the tournament" (because I expected it to last the rest of the season, honestly) and "I wish they'd spent more time on some scenes", but I think overall I lean towards the latter. We all know how tournament arcs go. They made an excellent choice by having Sasakura not compete. Obviously he's more experienced than the others, so by removing him from the competition they successfully put him in a category above, without having to show him 'trouncing' them, like a lot of shows do with skilled characters. The writing is good as usual, and I once again look forwards to how it develops.
May 24, 4:23 PM

Aug 2014
Well that was nice episode. Some nice events. Still without that episode the live of bartender in Japan is so boring..
maybe because it costs so much? is it even worth to open bar? Izakaya is easier and earns more..
3000 jpy for 1 damn small drink that u think in minutes? that is way too much.. and why they even made it that owner paid at own bar? ;d
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 26, 3:06 AM
Sep 2021
The cocktail match was good & interesting. Looking forward to see what comes next.
May 26, 11:45 AM

Jun 2021
Yuri being such a polished character even though she wasn't introduced till like 2 eps ago. Kyoko starts afresh. Chen finally doing what he should. Overall good ep

ıllıllı 𝘚𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘺 : Cozii ıllıllı | ᑕᗩᖇᗪ ᑕOᒪᒪEᑕTIOᑎ | • • ᗪEᒪIᐯEᖇY • •
May 26, 12:10 PM
Jan 2023
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
Well that was nice episode. Some nice events. Still without that episode the live of bartender in Japan is so boring..
maybe because it costs so much? is it even worth to open bar? Izakaya is easier and earns more..
3000 jpy for 1 damn small drink that u think in minutes? that is way too much.. and why they even made it that owner paid at own bar? ;d

I interpreted it as him giving her a tip, although now looking it says 3000円 is only £15/$19... maybe you're right and that's the price 😭

Cocktails in the UK are often £7-£15, depending on where you go!
May 26, 8:12 PM

Dec 2020
such a good chill weekly watch
May 28, 5:35 PM

Jul 2016
Congrats to Yuri for winning the cocktail competition. I really liked how her Okinawa-inspired drink looked.

Also glad to see both Kyouko and Chen's efforts paid off in the end. Their character arcs wrapped up nicely, I would say.
May 31, 1:17 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
It's good to see both Kyoko and Chen having some closure on the respective struggles. He was able to communicate properly what he thinks about his aspirations and his father while she was able to make her bar stand out and also get a new position. Yuri also had her touch, not for nothing she was able to get the award. In any case, it feels like it's time to get mroe into Sasakura's past.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 4, 11:37 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Amazing the blue of the sea in the cocktel!!!
kekeke
Jun 5, 5:22 PM

Jan 2016
Damn, I actually almost started sobbing. Poisoning people is not the way to go, but Minami is not necessarily wrong. When you come in, you are tired/stressed from work, the alcohol and environment helps take your mind and body off of that allowing you to be a little happier when you leave. It may be a depressant, but the fact it removes you slightly from reality and relaxes you does support his goal.

Very nice episode, looking forward to future. We likely won't see Chen again, but happy they agreed on obvious move of having him be bartender for family company.

5/5

Jun 10, 7:17 AM

Jul 2023
I wonder who is the actual winner. Regardless, looks like they were happy with the result. Chen's father invited him regardless to be a bartender at their hotel among other things.

The inspiring stuff is still there but not the central focus. We still have this plot of getting him to work for Miwa's hotel bar.
Jun 13, 5:16 AM

Jul 2017
The Suntory Cocktail Award, an enticement for Ryo to be hired to the hotel from Miwa's father Taizo.

Bartenders like Kyoko, Yuri and Kelvin participating in this competition to concoct original cocktails, it's a hard challenge no doubt to train for a competition that has both themselves and the reputation of the bars they represent on the line. It's practically a date for both Miwa and Ryu lols.

The competition begins, and each of them as their signature cocktail: Yuri with Chimugukuru, a drink that represents her Okinawan origins; Kyoko with Headwind, the drink that the embodient of her confidence despite being nervous at the start, and last but not least, Kelvin with Lion City, representing his hometown of Singapore, but getting too flustered to only represent one drink, which he mentions it being the full embodiment of his roots both back home and Japan, where he grows as a bartender.

It's inherently clear that Yuri still does her signture cocktail, Kelvin shipped himself back home to help build his father's hotel on the bartender front, and Kyoko is the choice of the Kurushimas to work for their high-rise hotel.

All's well that ends well for each and everyone respectively.
Jun 15, 6:58 AM

Oct 2017
It's nice they showed the cocktail competition. Yuri won as expected, she was the most confident, skilled and prepared for it. Her drink looked spectacular as well. Happy for Chen and Kyoko too. Kyoko will be working on the lounge bar. I think we are also nearing Ryuu working on the counter bar. His backstory time?
Jun 18, 1:58 PM

May 2020
All of them won in a sense. Though it'd have been really embarrassing for Chen when he messed up pretty badly.. not because that ultimately led him not to win the competition but because his father might be watching that livestream, who he himself sent the link for lol.

But yeah then again, can't be too glad or can't be too sad for these characters. We haven't even seen much of them to care.
Jul 30, 4:20 PM

Nov 2011
I'm terrified by how influenced by his father Chen is... well i was raised in western country, so my exp may not apply to Eastern Asia standards... but still I am terrified.

As for Kyouko, after the competition she asks her boss if she can "sotsugyou" from Bar Minami, which literally meansto graduate from Bar Minami (on CR it was simply translated to english as 'move on from', which is perfectly fine in this context, just has some deeper meaning - I just wanted to share that little insight with you :) ). Graduate as from school or university. :)
Aug 19, 4:50 AM
Dec 2022
The Cocktail Award competition is here. The winner is a surprise but in a way it is not as well. Tied up the loose end of Kelvin Chen whom we learnt is now working as a bartender in a bar of his dad's hotel.
Sep 3, 11:51 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh a cocktail contest, I actually like this concept, and they all did well even though Chen had some issues, but the way he explained things was moving tbh

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15

53 by suzi_eee »»
Sep 14, 1:16 PM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19

77 by Ashhk »»
Sep 4, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12

32 by Ashhk »»
Sep 4, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5

36 by Ashhk »»
Sep 4, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29

45 by Ashhk »»
Sep 4, 12:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.