Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 9:28 PM

Dec 2021
The little creep didn't even last 5 minutes. Anyway, goodbye, you sick creep.

During the clash between Higan and Lil, Higan achieves complete harmony with his Gusoku Gear, Kamui. Consequently, he ultimately triumphs over and eliminates Lil, rescuing Emma. Subsequently, Higan sends Lil's head to Yamaji and his companions. In response, Yamaji orders Zai to decisively deal with Higan. Later, in the hideout, Higan inquires about her relationship with Mari. She begins to reveal how she saved her and the connection they shared and how she became a Ninja.

Thankfully, Emma is alive, all thanks to Higan. Lil didn't make it, which is a relief. I couldn't help but laugh at how silly his rotten head looked. Unexpectedly, Emma turns out to be a ninja, but I'm glad she's getting a bigger role. She's interesting to watch. Mari's impact on not only Higan but also Emma is clear. Learning about her helps us understand why Higan survived, as Emma learned from Mari. It's nice to see Higan smiling again. As for Yamaji, he's a terrible leader for betraying the clan. Breaking the ninja code? Forget it.

Yamaji's plan is underway... How will Higan put a stop to it?

Mar 24, 5:30 AM

Sep 2023
We got some background on the ninja organization and what lead to Higan and the others becoming exiled, as well as the relationship between Mari and Emma. I was a little surprised that Emma didn't actually die last episode. I'm not a fan of the action with the robot suits, which is a detriment because the action was the main draw for this anime. Despite fleshing the story and characters out a bit more, I found this episode to be rather boring.
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Jan 2009
backstory episode of emma and mari

but nice that emma survive
Mar 24, 6:03 AM

Apr 2022
some more info on ninja background. i hope that's enough mech fights and back to the kinda fights we saw at the start of this series now.
Mar 24, 6:10 AM

Aug 2013
She seemed dead to me in the previous episode; how did she survive? Maybe some strong plot-armor.
Mar 24, 6:17 AM

Jan 2017
Ah so that's what happened. Poor Emma..
Mar 24, 6:27 AM
May 2021
How dod Emma survive? Thought she died last ep lol
Mar 24, 8:03 AM
Apr 2016
I mean we never saw Emma actually die so I don’t see any issue here. Nice backstory and added context to the whole plot. Nothing groundbreaking but it did the job.

The « fight » was disappointing though. The cgi wasn’t bad but it’s still cgi and I didn’t expect that in this show. Glad that sick fuck is out of the picture tho.
Mar 24, 8:45 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
About time Higan took out that sick little bastard in the ninja suit. Thankfully Emma is still alive for now as we get more backstory about her being in the organization and her relationship with Mari. It looks like the organization started to change around the time that Mari got pregnant and now Yamaji has given the green light for Zai to take out Higan.
Mar 24, 9:21 AM

Dec 2022
That midget is finally gone
Good riddance
Mar 24, 10:18 AM

Jun 2014
Glad that little pervert is dead. Good riddance, and I'm glad he seemed to have a brutal death.

I guess we never got a confirmation that Emma died last episode, but it did seem heavily implied. Whatever, I like her and I'm glad she survived to provide some backstory regarding her relationship with Mari and how the organization became corrupted.

I don't mind the fighting with the mech suits but once we get to the inevitable Higan vs. Zai fight, I hope it's more like the fights in the first half of the show instead of a full mech suit fight. I'd even settle for a half and half type of fight.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 24, 10:22 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Reply to Szn08
That midget is finally gone
Good riddance
@Szn08 Yup. He was absolutely insufferable
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 24, 10:28 AM
Feb 2024
Very Good ANIME. Probably the best Shinobi Anime I have ever seen.
Mar 24, 11:43 AM

Apr 2015
Don't skip the ED credits guys they show the night of Mari death with Emma there crying.

Also i am starting to think Higan son might be alive? Idk i think Mari ninja power and the way they show the scene in episode 1 might be a flag.

ScarRufusMar 24, 12:09 PM
Mar 24, 12:07 PM
Mar 2019
Reply to ScarRufus
Don't skip the ED credits guys they show the night of Mari death with Emma there crying.

Also i am starting to think Higan son might be alive? Idk i think Mari ninja power and the way they show the scene in episode 1 might be a flag.

@ScarRufus good catch, i tend to skip ED
Mar 24, 1:16 PM
Feb 2024
The voice acting was terrible. Like comically bad.
Mar 24, 1:45 PM
Oct 2020
Ok I'm really glad we got to see more of his wife, Mari.
Mar 24, 2:50 PM
Nov 2019
mengingat masa lalu mari
My Candies :
Mar 24, 3:16 PM
Feb 2020
1st episode we got godtier 2d animation and now we get ugly cgi what a fallof i feel baited
Mar 24, 3:43 PM

Jul 2014
i gotta say kinda couldn't concentrate on this ep. I was a bit distracted by emma being still alive. I mean it really seemed like she died last ep. It seemed very weird to me lol

coming soon
Mar 24, 6:16 PM
Dec 2023
Early on in this show, it was mid with good fights. Now, we seem to have lost those in favor of CGI. I'm dropping.
Mar 24, 7:52 PM
Apr 2020
so nice.
This ep was really so best than the ep 6, with al thesse things of mecha fight. So aleatory, the history plot in this anime is the motive to get excited every 1/7 for a new ep
Mar 24, 8:57 PM

Dec 2022
man i am so glad that fight was not bloated with cgi
emotional backstory kino
Mar 24, 9:03 PM

Nov 2015
must say the plot have improved a bit but... I didn't get everything they were sayin on this ep 🤣 plz someone make a post here telling what happened, oof... that was a lot of dialog! even in between the fight scenes 😕 3/5.

💢

Mar 24, 10:14 PM

Oct 2019
Neat backstory building. The "Master Plan" ha..?
Mar 27, 2:17 PM

Jul 2015
Nice backstory episode, Emma and Mari were a great duo.

We also get to see more of the organization's shadowy actions. Guess it's about time for everything to come to light.
Mar 28, 2:35 AM
Jan 2019
ragingly mid characters
Mar 29, 3:41 AM
Sep 2021
Higan decimated his opponent very easily & also got backstory of Emma's past, also it's near time we learn what Yamaji is up to.
Mar 30, 5:29 AM

May 2015
Ninjas doing ninja stuff.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 30, 8:18 AM
May 2019
Uma maravilhosa obra prima
Mar 31, 4:13 AM
Sep 2021
The fights are so good that it made the story lame lol, I just wanna watch the sick animation. Overall the episode was good.
Mar 31, 4:23 AM
Dec 2023
ScarRufus said:

protecting his son + fighting the ninjas
it's too difficult brother,even for a topmost ninja
Hope you understand her situation
Apr 3, 2:23 PM
Feb 2019
How did Mari died so easily in the first ep ?
Apr 4, 12:04 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The organisation has a master plan and it´s working!
kekeke
Apr 5, 5:58 AM
Jan 2021
Nice plot-twist and backstory
Apr 17, 2:24 PM
Oct 2021
BEESTT anime ever
Apr 27, 4:11 AM

Jun 2021
Emma cried for Mari after the operation, just so sad
May 4, 1:25 PM
Jul 2014
The show was amazing up to this point, the inclusion of robot samurai things was a inevitability that the involvement of the tech guru was bound to have but man... when the show became more robot ninja's than ninja's, that's where it lost me.
I LIKE TRAPS, NOT GAY, BIG DIF!
May 18, 2:20 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Was definitely interesting to get Mari and Emma's backstory in the organization and what exactly happened between them
May 20, 11:28 AM
Apr 2024
This has to be one of my favourite episodes. It may have been a bit slow paced, and lacked some action, but getting to know more about the past and what led to the present is always a good episode in my books. It also gives us more information on the type of people the characters are/were. Amazing episode!

More topics from this board

» This series is good & bad at the same time.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 20

34 by Nurguburu »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 4

125 by xZabuzax »»
Jun 5, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

63 by Endl8ss »»
May 26, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 20

49 by Endl8ss »»
May 26, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 13

51 by Endl8ss »»
May 25, 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.