Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chained Soldier
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 21, 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
Kyouka really went out her way to prove herself this episode. Same with Yuki too. I think what's important is how they have a reason to fight in this finale.

Tbh, this was a really predictable final episode. It threw us a big fight that has somewhat been building up to this point and executed it with the core cast. Everything else just seems to go with the flow and the usual themes.
Mar 21, 7:28 AM

May 2020
The least they could’ve done, the bare minimum, was to put some efforts in these supposed-to-be lethal fights, where invincible-kun was putting his life on the line.. the life which isn’t his, which he would only live as a dog as long as he’s alive, but I think the production committee knew how worthless that would be, putting resources over such thing, so they just simply went with PS2 animation.

One right move I must say. Anyways, for some reason villains in this series, which are all women for obvious reasons, take a strong liking to this guy just after one brief glance, again for reasons unknown. Happened with that snake girl, and hilariously she just went away, when for all reasons she could’ve finished them all if she wanted. But yeah logic ain’t a friend of this series.

All in all, the year might have just started, but this is already the biggest disappointment. Very hard to top this off, I mean you’d have to write one such male character first of all, who’s the very definition of worthless and can’t even be termed as synonyms with a dog… will be an insult to those smart and loyal creatures after all:)

Fanservice was it I guess which was advertised, just to see a bunch of walking bags of melons, I mean girls forcing themselves upon one poor creature in the end. Really lol.

Hope this never sees the face of a second season or any sort of continuation whatsoever.

Jul 2017
Kyouka's horrific past may be felt with grievance, as much as both herself and Yuuki faces the evolved Unihorn with Jouryuu's power that Shikoku witnesses with glee. And the the power that Kyouka has been training for thus far: her Cherry Blossom power, for the revenge of her hometown. Thankfully, Aoba is also fine, though Tenka also suffered damage on her end as well, and with the former losing both Coco and Naon, having her be under the protection of the Demon Defense Force is just too wrong as she has other villages to take care of, not to mention its Supreme Commander Tsukishiro being a patriot who can smell her plans from afar.

With Nei taking care of affairs with Himari and Shushu, both Yuuki and Kyouka are on standby, though they get into action...with the lewdest reward ever: sleeping half-naked together on her bed and forcing her assertion on him as his master through disciplinary action. Both Coco and Naon being food to one of the gods Kuusetsu, and Yuuki gets a toast together as the MVP between both the 6th and 7th Squad. Kyouka still does not relent on her goal to become the next Supreme Commander, though Aoba takes a bow being separate from him, their bonds going strong from now on. Of course, Tenka came back for her reward, though Kyouka once again has to make her point clear on who's the master. As Himari improves on her Learning Peach ability, Shushu is trying to win Yuuki in love, and Shuuki attacks are the norm for the improvement of the 7th Squad to become a capable leader and heroes.

Yeah...the adaptation just plainly sucks. Continue with the manga from Volume 7 onwards.
KANLen09Mar 21, 8:28 AM

Dec 2021
I knew Kyouka was tough, but wow, she totally crushed the one-horn.

Jouryuu, accompanied by Naon and Koko, suggests to Shikoku that they depart since they have accomplished their mission. However, Shikoku decides to stay and witness the outcome of the battle between Kidoumaru and the 7th Unit. Jouryuu leaves, urging Shikoku to return soon. As Shikoku observes the battle, he anticipates that even the Chief of the Anti-Demon Corps will struggle against Kidoumaru. To his surprise, Kyouka and Yuuki Wakura deliver devastating blows to Kidoumaru. Yuuki concentrates his power and strikes Kidoumaru with his Slave Mount Fist technique, shattering the Shuuki's fist.

Man, this episode was rough. The CGI was just plain ugly. But hey, the fights were still pretty cool, even if the animation wasn't great. Kyouka was awesome, and that move with the horn was unexpected but awesome. The flashback during the fight was cheesy, but it got me right in the feels. Finally seeing Kyouka get her revenge was epic. And it's nice to see everyone getting along now.

If there's a second season, I hope for more chill moments. The finale's reward could've been better, but at least they toned down the "ecchi" stuff. One thing I appreciate is that they stopped killing off side characters. Was waiting for another big moment like Tenka's, and it delivered.

Yuuki's accepted his role in the 7th Unit of the Anti-Demon Corps, with a newfound determination to protect his sister.

Pacing issues aside, the animation's the main downside here. If you're choosing between manga or anime, go with the manga. And if there's a season 2, I'm in as long as it's not done by Seven Arcs.

Oct 2022
Mato Seihei is officially my first anime i read the manga prior and felt underwhelmed with its adaptation despite having little serious expectations.
Mar 21, 7:32 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
So as the person who was probably the most excited for this anime... like... I NEEDED this series, here are my overall thoughts

1. THEY FUCKED UP at the start... butchering the onsen scene as well as skipping a whole ass chapter of both action AND ecchi was just stupid, idfk what they were thinking

2. Fanservice was hella mid, especially for a combat ecchi... their titties rarely bounce, and most of the pantyshots are almost impossible to notice

It was mostly just some nudity here and there, and I'm not super into nudity so even though it's ALWAYS welcome it's not enough for me

Thr fight scenes weren't sexy which is a huge loss especially compared to combat ecchi of the past... so the next DxD my ass... which I don't even consider super at the top of the raunchy charts

3. LOVE THE CAST... I'd never thought about it before but this may be the FIRST harem where I DON'T have favorite girl.. which is usually reserved for anime like this that star a girl instead, so it shows the power of the girls here

4. Overall though still easily my favorite anime of the last few years especially as we rarely get female fighting anime anymore or just groups of female villains in general

So another season plz
EcchiGodMamsterMar 21, 6:36 PM
Mar 21, 8:00 AM
Jan 2020
I joined the hype and simping, but it seems like I wasted my time finishing it. Nothing is worth remembering.
Mar 21, 8:29 AM

Oct 2017
One final reward to end the season and ofc it was Kyouka. That was hot. Tenka at it again too as usual.

I enjoyed watching the adaptation. Ofc it could have been way better but what we got wasn't that bad. This just keeps getting better in later chapters so I'd definitely like to have more seasons to see those animated. Dunno if that'll happen or not though.
Mar 21, 8:38 AM
Sep 2021
Good season finale, needed some more "Action" but satisfied with what was given, See you all in Season2.
Mar 21, 8:45 AM

Feb 2021
7/10 (Would've been 8 with better animation)
The story was fine, but the visuals were really disappointing. Thankfully the fights in the manga actually look really good and there is a whole lot more rewards, so I'm gonna continue with that, and I recommend everyone to do the same.

I don't think this will ever get a sequel, but if it does, please change the studio.
Mar 21, 8:45 AM
Jul 2023
Overall, decent story and decent characters motivations, Yuuki and Kyouka is nowhere near their goals but at least the there some progress for Yuuki and Kyouka backstory is resolved.

The serving of action is simply disappointing to say the least but the ecchi elements help keep things in anticipation.

MainnusMar 21, 9:08 AM
Mar 21, 8:58 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
It only takes an instant for happiness to turn to tragedy. For Kyouka losing not just her friends but her family as well is defo the worst. But that was what made Kyouka and Yuuki's fight against the one responsible that engrossing. Looks like now Yuuki has gods after him as well though. The meal was a great way to end that op with as well as allowing the two teams to bond over their new experience. Overall a pretty fun finale that managed to allow Kyouka to get her revenge for her friends and family by taking down her nemesis while leaving it in a good place for another potential season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 9:08 AM
Sep 2015
This anime has somewhat nice music.
Mar 21, 9:19 AM

May 2019
While I liked this first season I'm giving it a 6/10 as it was alright. The animation was ok, the character designs were decent, and the ecchi was also ok but I understand that the ecchi did not follow the manga which was strange. Also the rewards were entertaining to watch but I thought that they did not get spicier since the last one was Yuuki sleeping with Kyouka but nothing happened other than a kiss and Kyouka choking him out so he could sleep.

Anyway, hopefully a 2nd season is announced because the story isn't finished yet although I may end up reading the manga since I hear it's better and a 2nd season may not materialize.
Alfredo-SauceMar 21, 4:08 PM
Mar 21, 9:27 AM
Dec 2023
Shushu reading Sun Tzu for tips lmao
Mar 21, 9:28 AM

Jul 2016
Kinda caught off guard by how warm and cozy Yuki's little welcome back party was, and I'm glad Aoba could come to a compromise with Kyouka and her sister-in-law Tenka.

Little embarrassing to admit but I somehow grew invested in the plot (the plot plot, not the "plot" plot) of this, and the full potential of Yuki's slave transformations is cooler than it has any right to be. Season 2 announcement please?
Mar 21, 9:30 AM

Jul 2015
So, the final episode finally dropped. Though a lot of people have totally justified grievances regarding adaptation quality, production value or even toned down ecchi, I personally enjoyed series as a whole. I really like the chast of characters and their dynamic, which carried the show.
This is one of those cases, that it is clear without even witnessing source material, that fault lies with adaptation alone, because fundamental aspects are actually outstanding.
Maybe if second season would happen in the future it would be better?
8/10 from me.

Mar 21, 9:31 AM

Aug 2022
Now Yuuki has decided to not only become a hero, but also to be able to cure his older sister.

What a journey, the fight ended after Kyouka and Yuuki succeeded in defeating their enemy. It feels like they still have a long way to go, they will fight together again.
RafaBryanMar 30, 6:09 AM
Mar 21, 9:54 AM

Dec 2022
bro i need a second season asap just benched like four episode to end this here
Mar 21, 10:18 AM
Nov 2010
Streaming was cut end credit scene that was sucked
Mar 21, 10:30 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
So as the person who was probably the most excited for this anime... like... I NEEDED this series, here are my overall thoughts

1. THEY FUCKED UP at the start... butchering the onsen scene as well as skipping a whole ass chapter of both action AND ecchi was just stupid, idfk what they were thinking

2. Fanservice was hella mid, especially for a combat ecchi... their titties rarely bounce, and most of the pantyshots are almost impossible to notice

It was mostly just some nudity here and there, and I'm not super into nudity so even though it's ALWAYS welcome it's not enough for me

Thr fight scenes weren't sexy which is a huge loss especially compared to combat ecchi of the past... so the next DxD my ass... which I don't even consider super at the top of the raunchy charts

3. LOVE THE CAST... I'd never thought about it before but this may be the FIRST harem where I DON'T have favorite girl.. which is usually reserved for anime like this that star a girl instead, so it shows the power of the girls here

4. Overall though still easily my favorite anime of the last few years especially as we rarely get female fighting anime anymore or just groups of female villains in general

So another season plz
@EcchiGodMamster Yeah, just like I predicted even as an anime only, that this show suffers just from adaptation quality. It's very good at fundamental aspectsl, like cast of characters or worldbuilding, which means that source material is indeed very good. But visuals kinda fell off, especially CGI in later episodes and fanservice itself was kinda lacking. I enjoyed this anime as it is, but to know, that it could be even better if it had proper adaptation...
And if you want "female heroines fighting female villainesses", then I still highly recommend Symphogear, because it has just that.

Mar 21, 10:44 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to Softhenic03
The least they could’ve done, the bare minimum, was to put some efforts in these supposed-to-be lethal fights, where invincible-kun was putting his life on the line.. the life which isn’t his, which he would only live as a dog as long as he’s alive, but I think the production committee knew how worthless that would be, putting resources over such thing, so they just simply went with PS2 animation.

One right move I must say. Anyways, for some reason villains in this series, which are all women for obvious reasons, take a strong liking to this guy just after one brief glance, again for reasons unknown. Happened with that snake girl, and hilariously she just went away, when for all reasons she could’ve finished them all if she wanted. But yeah logic ain’t a friend of this series.

All in all, the year might have just started, but this is already the biggest disappointment. Very hard to top this off, I mean you’d have to write one such male character first of all, who’s the very definition of worthless and can’t even be termed as synonyms with a dog… will be an insult to those smart and loyal creatures after all:)

Fanservice was it I guess which was advertised, just to see a bunch of walking bags of melons, I mean girls forcing themselves upon one poor creature in the end. Really lol.

Hope this never sees the face of a second season or any sort of continuation whatsoever.
@Softhenic03 I have seen ur reviews a lot in this website but I must say that this might be your most hated anime of all time.Anime was definitely lacking in passion especially in ecchi department but I highly believe that they will be adding the more ecchi scenes in Bluray.But animation was still very bad for a 12 ep anime
Mar 21, 10:48 AM

Dec 2022
I have exactly two good things to say about this show. One, the girls are hot when their ecchi scenes don't get censored or skipped altogether. Two, that plot hook about the human demons getting experimented on and the government being full of evil shitheads might have turned out interesting if they had time to chase it.

Other than that, it's just a generic battle shounen with shitty CGI, most characters ranging from bland to horrible, and the gravest sin of all: standard issue harem protagonist. Just clip the fanservice and call it a day. Tenka best girl with next to no real competition. 4/10.

The tits roped me in again. I swear I'll learn one of these days!
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Mar 21, 10:49 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to TheMarketStore
Mato Seihei is officially my first anime i read the manga prior and felt underwhelmed with its adaptation despite having little serious expectations.
@TheMarketStore People will ALWAYS feel underwhelmed with anime if they watch any manga first. Its due to nostalgia and imagination from books is more wonderful than actual video. There might be some exceptions where anime has very high quality animation.Other than that,most avg animated shows will feel underwhelming compared to manga if manga read first.So I would suggest u to read manga first only if anime adaptation is poorly rated.
Mar 21, 11:03 AM

Feb 2021
This was a very disappointing adaptation, much of the last episode rushed through the chapters so they could end it quickly.

Many ecchi scenes were skipped or censored, so I don't see the point in adapting an ecchi manga, if you are just gonna make it more tame.

Mar 21, 11:16 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Yeah it was okay. I will forget it.
5/10, because OP and ED are good.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 21, 11:18 AM

Dec 2010
I'm truly baffled by the direction this show has taken. It's not like they completely censored the ecchi like some shows would do to appeal to a broader audience. They kept the nipples and other shit, yet still chose to censor certain parts seemingly at random. Even this last episode had a few of the most appealing panels cut from the anime. For what reason? The awful filters they used to cover erotic scenes were also very unpleasant on the eyes.
It's funny and sad how this anime clearly had the upper hand on animation and art quality, yet still lost out to MahoAko in every aspect.
Mar 21, 11:50 AM
Mar 2023
Excellent episode to close this great animation. Now we have to wait for new seasons and maintain the quality!
Mar 21, 12:07 PM

Jun 2023
Animation was meh. Storywise it does get better later in the manga so a s2 would be nice (maybe not by Seven Arcs)
Mar 21, 12:08 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Nice finale for the first Winter 2024 anime to end for me, despite the CGI I did really enjoy the final battle with the Unihorn monster, I was not expecting that weird transformation but Yuuki managed to handle that form pretty quickly, and eventually he managed to allow Kyouka to have an opening and get her final attack in, and giving the context of what the Unihorn did to her hometown, it was a satisfying win. And unfortunately the big bads escaped and even fed Aoba’s friends to some weird monster they’re calling a god, but at least Aoba escaped and left Yuuki with a new goal of curing her and a renewed reason for Kyouka to become supreme commander.

And I was expecting a banger reward for all of that went down, and although it seemed like there might be sex I knew the moment she said “sleep in the same bed” it was literally sleeping, we did at least get a deep kiss and Kyouka wrestling with Yuuki in the bed lol, I guess that’s as close to sex and we’re getting for now. And later we got a celebration party which was nice since we got to see all the girls one last time, as well as one last bedroom visit from Tenka which was cut short unfortunately, and right before Yuuki began training with Himari it was time to take on yet another Shuuki attack, not a bad place to end on.

And that was it, I know this show lost a lot of folks along the way but I really enjoyed this, it was a lot of fun. The biggest issue for me is hearing how they toned down some of the reward scenes, and giving how this aired in the same season as “Gushing Over Magical Girls” it’s no wonder that one became more popular, I think the show delivered in the other aspects but the fanservice, while good, could have been better, I even think without toning stuff down more could have been done with the rewards, perhaps later down the line they get crazier tho. That being said, I did really like the girls in this show, lots of nice waifus with unique designs and interesting powers, and honestly I’m not upset they fall for Yuuki for seemingly no reason, it just makes it more fun imo, and if I had to pick a best girl it would probably be Yachiho with Himari at a close second, I just wish Himari had gotten more focus for me to like her even more, because blue haired waifus generally work on me lol. And this show had a great OP and ED, both great jams with good visuals, both are favorites of mine this season for sure. And I would like for this to get another season, it’s just that I doubt it will and if it did it might get the same treatment this season did, still want one tho, it’s definitely because of my bias for harem anime lol.
Mar 21, 12:28 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Tenka is still best girl.

6/10

Time to read the manga
Mar 21, 1:11 PM

Jan 2012
And so we end with the defeat of the Unihorn, the kidnapping of Aoba's two grunts(who apparently were eaten and are already dead) and new goals for our main characters.

So let's get this out of the way first and foremost: By far the best thing about this series was best-girl Tenka. She was the sexiest, most beautiful character with the best powers and personality. They literally had to nerf her via plot in the last episode to stop her and she SHOULD have been the female lead. Every time she was on screen was a treat to the eyes and the ending theme was very smart to make her the center. So, with that out of the way, how was the rest of this? Meh, it was alright. Standard ecchi fare with a standard ecchi plot. Some of the fanservice was better than others...I never need to see that licking girl again so I hope she really did get eaten and is gone for good. I can't say I ever got too invested in the plot, but I wouldn't mind a casual watch of a second season to see if it ever went anywhere more interesting. Solid 6/10.

Oh, and Aoba was the second-best girl. Our actual female lead probably wasn't even in the top three as I liked both of the blondes more as well, but oh well.
Mar 21, 1:22 PM

Feb 2019
Mato Seihei finale was decent. Nothing to write home about, like the anime as a whole. Ton of cut scenes and rushed chapters as we’ve come to expect, just a subpar adaptation all around.

They did cook with the Kyouka/unihorn fight and I like how things got resolved with Aoba. Now that Kyouka has officially resolved her past trauma by killing the unihorn she can focus on the future, become superme commander.

The reward felt a little underwhelming, just getting a lingerie cuddle session with Kyouka after all that.. thought her putting Yuuki in a wrestling move and reminding him who his master is was the better reward tbf lol.

Nice to see the whole cast gathered around for a homemade meal by Yuuki after the big battle. He’s definitely created a nice harem for himself so far.

Speaking of which, poor Tenka, she wanted that reward from Yuuki badly, she’ll have to be quicker or strike at a better time 😂 think she was far and away the best girl.

Would’ve liked to have got more about the gods and what they’re planning to do. Aoba’s subordinates got captured and fed to whatever the hell that is they’re raising.. lot of set ups in this finale for a second season. If it does come, hopefully more love and care will go into it. They even got my goat Yamamoto to do the OST and didn’t maximise it..

Just felt like this series never captured the magic of the original work. Felt so bland and generic at times.
Marinate1016Mar 21, 1:56 PM
Mar 21, 1:27 PM
May 2021
Anime was okk still, was decent. 5/10
Mar 21, 1:44 PM
Mar 2023
Honestly a disappointing adaptation overall. This was the first anime I went into having read the source material beforehand. If it ever gets a Second season, which it probably won't, I hope a new studio picks it up.

The OP and ED were great though.
Mar 21, 2:11 PM

Jul 2020
this was just bad however you look at it. even the fanservice felt somewhat forced, imposed and out of place
Aoba is the only good thing about this show, and she didn't even get much screentime
5/10 from me
Mar 21, 3:07 PM

Mar 2022
Well that kind of fell flat, I love the manga read it up to date, and the show just fails to live up to it, shame really, it wasn't a total loss but god I wish a better studio had picked it up this felt like a poor version made to just try can cash in on the manga which is frustrating, hate seeing one of my favourites get treated badly.
Mar 21, 3:12 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to Piromysl
@EcchiGodMamster Yeah, just like I predicted even as an anime only, that this show suffers just from adaptation quality. It's very good at fundamental aspectsl, like cast of characters or worldbuilding, which means that source material is indeed very good. But visuals kinda fell off, especially CGI in later episodes and fanservice itself was kinda lacking. I enjoyed this anime as it is, but to know, that it could be even better if it had proper adaptation...
And if you want "female heroines fighting female villainesses", then I still highly recommend Symphogear, because it has just that.
Piromysl said:

yea the art/animation isn't perfect alot of the time and again, its hella tame fanservice for a show like this

i've seen the first 2 seasons of Symphogear but i dont really like any of the main girls

also i just want more groups of villainesses in general

Mar 21, 3:27 PM

Jul 2014
What the hell was that thing that ate Naon and Coco? I assume they can still be saved, or at least I hope so.

I don't blame Yuuki for enjoying those "stretches" from Kyouka in her underwear. That was a well-rested night with an almost naked Kyouka by his side.

Best girls for me go to Shushu and Tenka. I'm going to miss Shuhu's fighting noises and in Tenka's case, after Vermeil, I'm all for Maaya Uchida voicing onee-sans, she's great. Also, I loved the ED sung by her.

Anyway, I really liked the show. While I agree that it was somewhat disappointing, I don't think it was bad at all. It was a show full of weird choices in what was supposed to have been its strong point, the ecchi. It leaves you with the feeling of how much better it could have been under other hands, even more so when in the same season you have a show like "Gushing over Magical Girls". But the show was pretty fun, it had fun characters, hot girls, an engaging story and the ecchi despite it all... it was there.

Of course I would watch a second season and should it happen, I hope it has the necessary improvements.
Mar 21, 3:32 PM
Oct 2020
Overall still fine but honestly still pretty disappointing adaptation. Still some points for Tenka. I recommend just reading the manga if you haven't yet.

6/10 if I am generous. Read the manga.
Mar 21, 4:39 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to SkyLETV
What the hell was that thing that ate Naon and Coco? I assume they can still be saved, or at least I hope so.

I don't blame Yuuki for enjoying those "stretches" from Kyouka in her underwear. That was a well-rested night with an almost naked Kyouka by his side.

Best girls for me go to Shushu and Tenka. I'm going to miss Shuhu's fighting noises and in Tenka's case, after Vermeil, I'm all for Maaya Uchida voicing onee-sans, she's great. Also, I loved the ED sung by her.

Anyway, I really liked the show. While I agree that it was somewhat disappointing, I don't think it was bad at all. It was a show full of weird choices in what was supposed to have been its strong point, the ecchi. It leaves you with the feeling of how much better it could have been under other hands, even more so when in the same season you have a show like "Gushing over Magical Girls". But the show was pretty fun, it had fun characters, hot girls, an engaging story and the ecchi despite it all... it was there.

Of course I would watch a second season and should it happen, I hope it has the necessary improvements.
SkyLETV said:

I like them too, I hope they are still alive and can be saved, it would be sad if they died, they are funny and hot characters, this series has almost all girls that are extremely likeable, I don't have a favourite, I like them all. XD
Mar 21, 5:09 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to MadanielFL
This was a very disappointing adaptation, much of the last episode rushed through the chapters so they could end it quickly.

Many ecchi scenes were skipped or censored, so I don't see the point in adapting an ecchi manga, if you are just gonna make it more tame.

MadanielFL said:

I'm seeing rumors that there will be added scenes in the BD... i mean, its not like ecchi of the past including the pretty recent Futoku no Guild haven't done that, so all we can do is pray

so if they can BOTH, add the extra scenes AND fix some of the shitty art, then they can potentially save this series from a flop
Mar 21, 5:39 PM

Apr 2022
one of the biggest fumbles of the season. disappointing visuals and ecchiness. not really expecting this to get another season, i'll have to miss out on best girl yakumo getting animated it seems.
Mar 21, 7:14 PM

Nov 2023
I'm not surprised at this final episode, and I think it was fine, nothing crazy.

The anime's alright. I don't think it's good but I don't think I wasted my time watching it.
Mar 21, 7:55 PM
Jan 2024
Nice anime if you ask me, but deserved a better animation and adaptation.
Here's to hoping that there will be a season 2 that won't be adapted by Seven Arcs.
This anime would have had a much better score if Seven Arcs didn't decide to mess it up. But overall I enjoyed the anime still.
Here's to a season 2 done by High School DxD's studio.
Mar 21, 8:38 PM

Feb 2011
This show was "good" but it suffered hard from other "good" shows. it got too big and too out stretched for a mid anime.

the author could've focused on just getting MCs sister home and all that razz. and the rewards, but then they went for "no imma be supeme commander"
and shit that didn't mater.

no one cares. we wanna see him get a REAL reward and his sister with the demon slaying squad.

anyway., 3/10
THEY NEVER EVEN LEWDED THE LOLI

Mar 21, 8:54 PM

Nov 2021
As an anime only I thought this adaptation was pretty enjoyable. The biggest flaws were the CGI, some animation, and the reward scenes were oddly censored still. I wouldn't mind a season 2 under a better studio.
Mar 21, 9:59 PM

Jul 2012
This show would have been mild no matter what season it came out in but when Gushing Over Magical Girls is the same seasons for the ecchi barometer this show feels like the 90's came back to censor this. Why?
Mar 21, 10:19 PM

Jan 2018
It's great that Kyouka was finally able to get revenge on the Unihorn. Everything seems to be back to normal for the demon squadrons.

Well, this anime was kinda average. It wasn't anything like what I imagined. I think the biggest problem is that the story isn't that good. So it's a series that should've been carried by its animation and fanservice. But neither of them was particularly good.

The CGI fight scenes were pretty bad. But the fact that the world where they fight looks dark and gloomy. It makes the fights look crappier. The animation in general looks like it could use some work.

The fanservice is pretty meh. It was disappointing to see how the anime actually censored things from the manga. At that point, why even watch the anime. Makes no sense. Maybe they'll fix some of this in the Blu-ray. But I don't think a Blu-ray version will fix the animation that looks like shit.

I wouldn't mind another season of this. As long as it's animated by a different studio that is. But I doubt that'll happen.
Mar 21, 10:51 PM

May 2015
This comes an end to a pretty good battle harem. The cool fights ways leave you anticipating the interesting rewards. I love the power system here. Too bad the peaches only work for one gender. Lastly, Tenka is best girl.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mato Seihei no Slave Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7

55 by Cosplay_Joe »»
Jun 6, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Wait for the Blu-Rays?

mechian - Feb 25

16 by Nucleus69 »»
May 31, 2:37 AM

Poll: » Mato Seihei no Slave Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15

69 by eskrimpanas »»
May 29, 10:10 PM

» Marketing Scheme

DarkHomieC - Feb 1

38 by SharonCollins »»
May 28, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Who is your favorite girl?

Shizuna - Mar 24

23 by Gator »»
May 23, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.