Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 16, 9:27 PM

Oct 2019
Oh wow, i knew something was up with Emma but didnt expect this. I recall seeing her name on that list prior ep but didnt think she was a higher up. And i didnt think she was the mysterious hacker. Nor did i know she saved him. She been helping him this whole time.
Anyways, our guy gettin a new suit upgrade. And now we get the name Kamui.
"My fade is lookin extra fly today". Lol, not too fly today with a bomb in the face. But man, hiding in plain sight, we saw that truck at the beginning when that sleeper agent activated.
Pretty cool fight with their mecha suits.
Interesting connection between Emma and his wife. Kinda wished we saw how that played out.
But now the main event is starting. The demon is coming.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Mar 16, 10:00 PM

Mar 2014
Not only was Emma the traitor but she was also a ninja... and is making him a Kamui suit to make him the Ninja Kamui... AND was friends with Mari (possibly the girl she spared previously), AND is the reason he survived that attack... AND was the person helplng him infiltrate the city. She was just a whole bundle of reveals huh.

Mar 17, 12:27 AM

Jan 2011
It's crazy to how one of the best animes of the winter season is on Toonami of all places.

Edit: Also rip to Emma what a wonderful character. They really knocked it out of the park.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Mar 17, 2:38 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Man was already strong asf; and now he's suited up.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 17, 3:30 AM
Oct 2020
I was not expecting that Emma twist, this episode was very hype!
The ending was an insane cliffhanger, cant wait for next episode.
Mar 17, 3:42 AM
May 2021
Yhh knew that robot was Emma but damn RIP to her. That’s crazyyy that he died Joe, makes sense now,
Mar 17, 4:20 AM
Sep 2021
Ninja & Mecha/robots suits in play is interesting & also the last few minutes of the episode was really emotional. Ready for the fight, though.
Mar 17, 5:20 AM

Jul 2020
too bad it moved from ninja fights to some power rangers/iron man shit, I was really enjoying the show up till now
Mar 17, 5:24 AM
Mar 2018
This is giving me Garo Vanishing Line vibes (the urban setting, excellent hand to hand combat animation and mech suits) which is funny considering the director previously directed Garo Vanishing Line and was also involved with Garo Honoo no Kokuin.

Anyways, I absolutely loved the Garo anime series and I can’t wait to see Higan’s ninja suit in action.

Also, I’m quite excited for the last episode of the show because according to a recent AMA on reddit with the show’s producer, they got the John Wick team to work on the final episode which is awesome and we can probably expect some sick action.
Mar 17, 5:29 AM

Jan 2009
so emma is the secret hero all along but damn i hope she is not dead yet

so we like iron man now with ninja power suits

fans will hate the power suits though since that means more 3D animation and less 2D animation
Mar 17, 5:39 AM
Oct 2020
Recommended to watch.
Mar 17, 5:43 AM

Sep 2023
I didn't expect Emma to be so integral in everything that has happened with Higan thus far, and definitely didn't expect her to get killed off this episode. I also agree with Inexplicable who posted above lamenting that this anime went from ninja fights to mecha fights. The suits are cool and all but not why I was drawn to watch this, and definitely not really what was promised by the premise of the anime. I guess we'll see how it goes going forward. I also feel like Mike's story arc is kind of pointless, since Higan is just going to kill everyone and there won't be a corporation left to prosecute. I'm still interested to see what happens in the coming episodes.
Mar 17, 8:14 AM

Apr 2022
visuals stay clean af. higan reminiscing was rough but damn ninja mech action.
Mar 17, 9:20 AM

Jun 2014
So the pink mech suit really did turn out to be Emma. And as expected, by extension, she was the mystery person that helped Higan infiltrate the city. I didn't expect her to also be a ninja, who's the reason he didn't die in the first episode. She turned out to be more important than what I would have imagined. Shame she died though, RIP.

Now the "Kamui" part of the title is coming into play with that mech suit Higan got, bro is about to be crazy OP. I'm wondering if the action from this point forward will be entirely mech suit fights, I won't really mind as long as the action and visuals remain good.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 17, 9:32 AM

Jul 2010
Not really digging the switch from ninja action show to some lame-ass mecha suits... impact and enjoyment just isn't there. Welp, that explains my initial thought on how tf they can produce an entire series with such a sick 2D action- they can't. Sigh...
Mar 17, 10:27 AM
Apr 2016
Did they really kill off Emma ?! I guess her story arc is somewhat complete but damn she was cool and I loved her design. Also she was basically the last female character of the show. Hopefully it was a fake out. Things tied up nicely though. It certainly isn't the deepest show around but it's not dumb by any means either.
CruicruiseMar 17, 10:49 AM
Mar 17, 10:50 AM

Aug 2013
Mecha fight incoming.
Mar 17, 11:11 AM
Nov 2023
Cruicruise said:
Did they really kill off Emma ?! I guess her story arc is somewhat complete but damn she was cool and I loved her design. Also she was basically the last female character of the show. Hopefully it was a fake out. Things tied up nicely though. It certainly isn't the deepest show around but it's not dumb by any means either.

I know damn well if we open the next episode and find out that she got killed we all gonna be mad like not the JJK treatment 🥲
Mar 17, 11:45 AM
Jun 2012
I like the show but I feel like adding the robots/mechs ruined the good action. Sure, it still looks good but the animation before was pretty outstanding. All of the ninja techniques were cool.
Mar 17, 11:47 AM
Jun 2012
Reply to TheMangaManiac
Not really digging the switch from ninja action show to some lame-ass mecha suits... impact and enjoyment just isn't there. Welp, that explains my initial thought on how tf they can produce an entire series with such a sick 2D action- they can't. Sigh...
@TheMangaManiac I feel the same way. The 3D is still good but the 2D was far better. I was almost wondering if they were doing this to save money but that would be crazy, right?
Mar 17, 12:00 PM
Mar 2021
This is where the show goes downhill. Mecha suits don't capture the cunning, ferocity, and intensity as hand to hand ninja combat that we've seen prior.
Mar 17, 1:05 PM

Oct 2019
Quite the cliffhanger!
Mar 17, 1:26 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Just as expected Emma was just an alias who worked for the ninja organization with the sole purpose of observing Higan's secret art of reviving, but was also the one who helped Higan get into Auza by using a mysterious voice. She was also responsible for designing the ninja mecha suits and was planning on giving the Kamui suit to Higan after saving him. Too bad the little pervert bastard ninja found them and Emma had to buy enough time for the Kamui suit to sync with Higan at the cost of her life. It was the least Emma can do after failing to save Higan's wife and son and now we will see the Kamui suit in action.
Mar 17, 1:37 PM

Jul 2010
Reply to melvin2898
@TheMangaManiac I feel the same way. The 3D is still good but the 2D was far better. I was almost wondering if they were doing this to save money but that would be crazy, right?
@melvin2898 3D looks good, no arguing with that, if we compare it to regular 3D models we see in anime. And I do understand their budget is limited, so they have to cut corners somehow... with how everything is tied down, I think they wanted to go in that direction from the very start, thus explains "Kamui" in the title. But I wonder why they did that. It's clear Adult Swim paid them well, and director is not just some rando, but Seoung Hu Park himself. Couldn't they plan it better or ask for more time? This show dropped out of nowhere, if it was delayed, I don't think anyone would have noticed lol.
Mar 17, 2:12 PM
Sep 2023
I can't believe that it turns out that Emma was the one who helped Higan-san infiltrate. I think the one who helped was a man. It really makes my head spin because this is mind-blowing.
She acts like a double-agent.
Moreover, it was very painful for me. Because she sacrificed herself to buy time so that Higan-san could fuse with the suit she gave him.
While watching eps 6... somehow, I felt the vibe from the TEW 2 and MGR games. I can't wait for another epic battle to show up.
Mar 17, 3:45 PM

May 2020
Even the cgi fight was good but story and storytelling are meh imo. Next episode could be the one of the three episodes that director wanted to see our reaction to it. I assume these three episodes contains good quality fight scenes
Mar 17, 4:48 PM

Nov 2020
Oh no, the budget is running out so they give the MC armor to be able to do everything in CGI xD
Mar 17, 5:02 PM

Dec 2022
aw yes we have gone full MGRR Higan has become THE KAMUI he's just like Raiden now
Mar 17, 5:04 PM

Dec 2022
Reply to Ba-Cii10
Oh no, the budget is running out so they give the MC armor to be able to do everything in CGI xD
@Ba-Cii10 lol surely they just used the cgi for the "filler" fight this ep and Higan will get proper sakuga treatment yes i'm coping
Mar 17, 5:04 PM
May 2021
Can someone explain why our beloved MC wife give her kill like a bot .. she was one of top 3 ninja, still she died like trash character , or just our just writer just did her dirty
Mar 17, 5:21 PM
Oct 2010
I'm torn on the introduction of the power suits, but I have a bigger complaint for their designers:

Function before form, dammit! Before making all the unique designs and specialized abilities, why not, oh, I don't know, work on the bloody POWER SUPPLY first? What, you didn't want to borrow the extension cord tech from Eva so instead you have pop-up power stations? What were they made by Tesla? And it was implied that she cannibalized the power core from her own suit to stuff into Higan's, but it still had the exact same power drain and countdown as pervboy's? Bah!

Good episode overall though. I do hope that his sudden powerup distracted pervboy soon enough to keep Emma unbarbecued, it would be a shame if the life Mari save was lost just like that.
Mar 17, 8:02 PM

Jan 2013
God damn it. This fucking creep is lowkey ruining the dub.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 18, 4:43 AM
Apr 2021
Nah bro I cant believe Emma was the one who helped out Higan in the first episode like i saw her name on the list int he previous episode but I ain’t know she had that much to do with the story that’s so cool to me tbh

The cgi mecha fight wasn’t that bad if anything it was actually really good considering most shows mess up with CGI fights but sunghoo park and his team of animators did this fight just justice now I wanna see if their gonna make Higans fight 2D or CG or a mix of both🤔

I’ll miss Emma man I loved her design even though ik it’s a fake face I still like how she looks I’ll miss that baddie fr😩☹️
Mar 18, 6:47 AM

Mar 2010
Welp.. I hope Emma is not dead.
Mar 18, 8:19 AM
Aug 2023
What an episode! It was still not as great as episode 5, but the reveals were very well done.

I also hope Emma is not dead, maybe just comatose in her ninja mech suit at the very least(Mike is going to be devastated once he finds out). I know some have commented about not enjoying this immediate shift in direction with the whole ninja mech suits which I believe will be prominent in the next few episodes facing off against the likes of Lil, Big D, and Dilly.

But I think this show ends in a bang with classic ninja action when he confronts Zai and ultimately Yamagi.

At least that's what I would like
Mar 18, 9:21 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Nice Emma twist. A bit too convenient that she was a cop too but let's see how they write themselves out of that.

Now I need Ninja Kamui to go medieval on that psycho's ass
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 18, 9:29 AM

Nov 2023
This is getting boring, meh. This show should've had less episodes for the better. And now mecha action will make it worse for me personally. Not saying about story or crucial characters, cuz they are almost non-existent. It's sorta on par with Solo Leveling, but the concept is duller here.
Mar 18, 12:34 PM

Mar 2020
No a huge fan of the suits, the no suits combat in the beginning seemed way better, now its just cgi suits..
Mar 18, 3:43 PM
Oct 2019
Not the CGI whiners who fall on Ninja Kamui ICANT
Mar 19, 12:27 PM
May 2021
Dam the twists were good
Mar 19, 3:27 PM

Oct 2012
Alright this episode was pretty good.
Mar 20, 5:35 PM

May 2010
Reply to Inexplicable
too bad it moved from ninja fights to some power rangers/iron man shit, I was really enjoying the show up till now
@Inexplicable Agreed, but what did you expect the "kamui" to be about?
Mar 20, 10:16 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Ah the worst cliff hanger ever to leave off on 😅 next episode will really get to see what that suit can do though 🥷
Mar 20, 11:36 PM

Jul 2020
Reply to Aohh
@Inexplicable Agreed, but what did you expect the "kamui" to be about?
@Aohh anything but the iron man suit, I guess. I didn't expect anything at all, to be honestly; I stumbled on this title by chance and started watching it on a whim
Mar 21, 12:04 AM
Oct 2015
Build's up to a very nice cliffhanger xd.
and i hope it doesn't go as i think it's going
Mar 21, 10:03 AM

May 2010
Reply to Inexplicable
@Aohh anything but the iron man suit, I guess. I didn't expect anything at all, to be honestly; I stumbled on this title by chance and started watching it on a whim
@Inexplicable Oddly I feel the same.

Anyway I did not have much expectations for that show.

My rating for the show used to be 8, it started very strong. Now I gave it a 5, for now. Probably will watch till the end out of curiosity/boredom
Mar 22, 9:30 PM
Dec 2022
holy crap kamui

this show is so goofy 💀

weird guy is so annoying its so Ninja Kamui time
Mar 23, 6:42 AM

May 2015
Ninjas doing ninja stuff
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 23, 8:17 PM

Mar 2019
Kinda liked it better when it was him just using raw strength and his ninja skills/arts to fight. Mechs-robotics kinda cheapens the show a bit.
Mar 23, 8:38 PM

Jul 2010
Reply to wallus81
holy crap kamui

this show is so goofy 💀

weird guy is so annoying its so Ninja Kamui time
@wallus81 loved the part when he said "It's Kamuing Time" and kamuid all over that guy
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» This series is good & bad at the same time.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 20

34 by Nurguburu »»
Today, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 4

125 by xZabuzax »»
Jun 5, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

63 by Endl8ss »»
May 26, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 20

49 by Endl8ss »»
May 26, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 13

51 by Endl8ss »»
May 25, 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.