Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
The operation to save Emi officially begins! Not going to lei though, the beginning of their journey was kinda amusing with those outfits they were wearing.

I also really liked Maou and Suzuno chemistry this episode. They seem to come to an understanding after being asked his Demon Lord origins. Although that ending...Maou seems confused why he isn't in his Demon Lord form. Yikes. I'm guessing this arc will expand all the way to the end. Looking forward to more.
Stark700Sep 7, 2023 8:09 AM
Sep 7, 2023 8:36 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Those sure are some wacky sleeping bags. Suzuno's church vestments though really do look nice. Looks like the church's plan was to use Emi to reignite the war against the demons. The insight into what lay behind the invasions though was pretty interesting. Their return to Ente Isla though sure is throwing plenty of curveballs at us thats for sure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2023 10:36 AM

Feb 2019
Thought I was going crazy when no one mentioned that Maou wasn’t back in his demon form.

As soon as they got to Ente Isla he should’ve reverted, but he still has his human form. Either there’s a mental block because Maou is so used to being human that he forgot what being a demon is like or, or something is preventing him from transforming. I kinda feel like it’s the former since even bud way of thinking is Japanese at this point. Calling church vestments “western” for example.

The heart to heart with Suzuno was really nice. Admitting to his failures and regrets was enough to move even someone as reserved as her. “Even if no one else forgives you, I do” Looks like she may be getting a little sweet on him too.

Emi’s got her hands full too. Being forced to lead an army is rough. I wonder how she’ll get out of that.

Seeing someone like Aciel who usually has a plan for everything, basically forced to dance to the best of Gabriel’s drum is wild too. Lot of challenges in front of everyone right now.
Marinate1016Sep 7, 2023 10:42 AM
Sep 7, 2023 11:06 AM
May 2021
i was wondering the whole episode why maou wasn't in his demon form despite being back in ente isla. im glad it was finally realized and pointed out at the end. i wonder if it has something to do with the fact he spent so long on earth. maybe his body changed and he's become an actual human now?

it was also sweet seeing maou and suzuno have a heart to heart and really connect with eachother.
My 2023 candies:
Sep 7, 2023 11:47 AM

Feb 2014
The sleeping bags that Suzuno and Alcieth were wearing was amusingly cute, but the majority of the episode kept up a serious tone with the ongoing plan to save Emi.

Because of the current setting, it did give plenty of time for Suzuno and Maou to have a much needed chat between each other and their general discussion, putting aside the main mission, was pretty heartwarming and nice. Heck, seeing Suzuno showing more expressions is a great thing in my eyes! =D

As for Emi, being pushed into the "hero" role again when she had no other choice but to accept it is taking its toll on her. At the moment, she's unable to find a way out of her predicament due to Olba's conniving plans.

Alciel/Ashiya is also in that same position as well, with him being forced to dance to Gabriel's tune for the time being as he tries his best to calm things with the other demons and set a plan into motion. Tough times for everyone on all sides right now, but one thing that I admittedly overlooked, which Suzuno thankfully pointed out at the end of the episode, was that Maou hasn't changed back into his demon form. Hopefully the next episode should have the answer to this new problem effecting Maou.
Sep 7, 2023 11:51 AM
May 2016
looks like the demon nation has been rebuild into japan
Sep 7, 2023 12:07 PM

Dec 2021
It's fascinating to ponder the fundamental difference between humans and demons, their reliance on food versus mana. Demons thrive on fear and despair, while humans require sustenance. The dynamic gives humans a certain edge over demons, though it's a tough situation for the latter. Maou's actions were driven by the necessity to ensure his kind's survival.

Gabriel and Olba have been quite occupied with their intriguing plots. Alciel and the Demons should be on their guard, and Emi too. I can't help but wonder why Maou isn't in his demon form. There's something intriguing going on between him and Alcieth.

Sep 7, 2023 12:15 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A very dialogue heavy episode, no OP either so you know it’s important. Maou, Suzuno and Acieth’s expedition has gone smoothly for the most part with some interesting insight on why Maou invaded Ente Isla to begin with, as well as a very nice moment between him and Suzuno, she also rocked that sleeping bad lol. But later when they run into Albert we find out that something is up with Maou since he hasn’t been in his demon form this whole time, I wasn’t even thinking of that but it’s definitely concerning lol, I wonder what’s going on there.

And Emilia is being forced to lead an army after she had that weird dream at the beginning of the episode, and it looks like Ashiya is being thrown for a loop too when he finds out demons can also use the sacred swords, it definitely feels like everything is slowly coming together till it reaches a boiling point, I’m excited to see what ends up going down.
Sep 7, 2023 2:41 PM

Jan 2013
Fell asleep trying to watch this....
Sep 7, 2023 2:54 PM
Mar 2015
Things are not going well for our heroes The demons are being slaughtered Emi is being used by Olba Gabriel is trying to forge a Great Demon to revitalize Heaven Now our boi can't transform and the girl can't turn into a sword
Sep 7, 2023 4:13 PM
Oct 2016
That is an interesting question which Suzuno poses to end the episode. Something I holding Maou back maybe its internally like something mental. He could've become so accustomed to living his normal human life in Japan that going full demon mode isn't much of an option. We've seen how difficult its been for Maou to assume his demon form back in Japan, having to be blasted with magical energy. Emi isn't having any much better of a time at all being back in Enta Ilsa. Being forced into this was by Olba she's struggling, her dreams of being back in Japan are heartbreaking. She's trying to offer compassionate solutions that doesn't lead to senseless slaughter of even the demons. Ashiya figuring out exactly why not only he specifically was brought back to Enta Ilsa but also why Olba needs Emi and the war to continue. Heaven is playing dirty with Olba to eliminate the demons. Gabriel has everything strumming perfectly with this plan he's cooked up. Maou needs to awaken his demon power to stop all this unnecessary fighting.
Sep 7, 2023 5:46 PM

Jun 2021
Can't blame Maou who had attacked humans.
Sep 7, 2023 8:13 PM

Feb 2016
Bel should use the sacred sword, she is the most holy here.

I'm sick of Yusa, why the fuck has she always been so weak? She is the hero and all, yet she is always being defeated or can't do anything by herself, she could turn Ramus into a sword, kill Olba with one swing and flee at any moment, going from being captured to being persecuted is not that different.
Also, it is clear by this point that doesn't matter what Maou does, he could literally stop being a demon and become a holy God or something, and Yusa will still not fully trust him, I thought she was over this already, like 3 times! I liked her at first but now her character is just dumb and annoying, maybe even useless, no wonder why Chiho is way better, not only for Maou, but as a character in general, Yusa sucks.
Bel just had one of the most heartwarming moments in the entire series during her speech giving total forgiveness to Maou who was also his biggest enemy, while Yusa, who has been saved by him multiple times, and even "has a baby" with him helping her realise that Maou is actually a really good guy, can't do shit. Her biggest hate for Maou was for him killing his father, but now she knows he is alive and still cannot open herlsef to forgive Maou, so fkng stupid...
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Sep 7, 2023 11:45 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I like Maou's moment with Suzuno :) But yes I almost forgot how weird it is that Maou isn't back to his demon form, something bad is happening to him definitely
Sep 9, 2023 11:39 AM

May 2015
Kinda boring geopolitical scene but the revelation of Maou's real motivations was more interesting.
Sep 9, 2023 12:23 PM

Jul 2017
That was quite the nightmare for Emilia,,,

With the Gate closed behind them, Maou, Suzuno and Acieth took a nap, though the girls are in their sleeping bag onesies are nice. Repeating this day and night until they reach Efzahan, and Suzuno has an issue of why Maou names his vehicles Dullahan. And despite tham being non-existent, they are meant mostly for good luck.

The confession time between Maou and Suzuno, the former is for the makings of a new nation, the unification of the demon realm, though at the expense of fear and reprisal, which has the causal effect of Ente Isla being attacked, and Emilia saving continents one by one for Maou to flee to Japan. His greed of wanting to be king sacrficed the people for his kingship, though Suzuno hears his plea and pardons him for the trouble he's created. Efzahan is full of news, though Albert got the spot right about Maou and Suzuno's location, hearing more of Olba's wrongdoings. It's the same with Alciel reinstated as the demon army's general, then learning of what Gabriel's up to, and playing by his game.

Well, the most important questioned: they're back in Ente Isla, so why Mou is not in his Demon King form, that's a frightening aspect...
Sep 10, 2023 2:45 AM
Jun 2007
So many "political situation" in Ente Isla
Sep 13, 2023 11:16 AM

Feb 2020
After this episode I can't help but ship Maou and Suzuno
literally would be the best.

A harem would be better but, solo wise man it'd be amazing for them to pair together imo

Sep 14, 2023 10:28 AM

Oct 2017
Suzuno x Maou? Noice. Their interactions were really good and they've come far. I was wondering why Maou didn't turn into his devil form, good thing Suzuno asked. Something to do with the angels plan to revive the great devil?
Sep 14, 2023 4:17 PM
Aug 2020
it was a great ep

we learned new stories etc
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 14, 2023 10:28 PM

Feb 2019
maybe that's because he doesn't want to face his true form yet, or he's trying to keep a low profile while they're gallivanting about in ente isla in search of their comrades...
Sep 15, 2023 4:42 PM
Nov 2022
DoisacChopper said:
After this episode I can't help but ship Maou and Suzuno
literally would be the best.

A harem would be better but, solo wise man it'd be amazing for them to pair together imo

I also ship them too.
Sep 15, 2023 6:22 PM

Aug 2017
Nice harem action with Suzuno and Tsubasa. First time Maou has flirted with Suzuno. Though I ship Maou x Emi if I have to pick one winner.

Didn't Maou use up his energy on the rooftop and said he will have a hangover? I was also wondering why he's in MgRonald's form in the demon world.
Sep 22, 2023 3:39 PM

Feb 2012
Maou confessed his sins to Suzuno.
They damn set Emi up against Ashiya for a show.
So Nord "grew" Acieth from the fruit of a tree in the same manner Maou did with Alas Ramus 1 year before the events of this season, and she recognises Nord as her father in a similar way? And they are both Angel-Yeseod-shard people genetically related to Lailah but not their "fathers"?
On the other hand, Emi was conceived by Nord and Lailah so is naturally half-human, half-angel.
Can Maou not activate Acieth because he's basically just a human now? He must still have some magic in him?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 22, 2023 9:55 PM
Mar 2012
fun scooter camping, lol those silly sleepingbags.
Bel & Mao confession talk well done & revealed tons of backstory.
lots more plot threads happening, especially Gabriel trying to make a new demon.
Sep 23, 2023 12:17 AM
Jan 2021
Okay so some plotting is going on with Olba, The Church, the angels, and more and nothing is going on back in Japan.

Suzuno and Mal, or rather Crestia Bell and Satan have a moment in which Satan explains what he did and why. It makes sense. Demons live off negative emotions and that’s the only way they survive. Food isn’t much of a concept for demons so that’s what forced all of this to go down.

It seems that Olba is using Emilia to accomplish his own goals and I guess Emeralda is being framed for what Olba did back in the first season? This is too much to fully grasp.

And Suzuno at the end brings up a valid question. WHY HASN’T SATAN RETURNED TO HIS DEMON FORM?!?!?!?
Sep 28, 2023 1:58 AM

May 2020
I do think Suzuno is under-appreciated, after all she's a nice girl, and doesn't try to always jump over Maou or needlessly bicker the life out of him. So liked those few minutes of heart-to-heart talk.

Ashiya with his demon voice does sound like a totally different person lol, but the fact still remains the same that for now he's the one who has to lead demons against the army led by Emi, as even Maou for some reason couldn't revert to his original form.
Sep 28, 2023 9:18 PM

Jul 2014
Man, Suzuno is so cute! It was really nice to see her bonding with Maou. Happy to see more of her in this episode.

Also, those sleeping bags lmao. They looked adorable in them though.
Oct 18, 2023 11:13 AM

Nov 2010
Damn, Sadao is too biased towards humanity. He didn't figure out anything at all. He's still ignorant. He didn't read our history books nor watch the news. He has no idea how awful human society is. I have no idea how to fix human society, but I'm sure it needs to be invaded by the demon army. I wonder what realization he would have if he teleported and tried to live a normal human life in Sudan, Ukraine, or Gaza. Haha!

Oh yeah, I just realized. Sadao is still a weak human, even in Ente Isla. What is going on?
Jan 20, 9:58 AM

May 2020
Well, Emi dreaming about Maou kill her. Emi really wants Maou to help her. This time get more Suzuno screen! She is also cute after all. Suzuno Tsundere just like Emi. I think already went for fight but it run slowly. Maou didn't change his form after back to Ente Isla is a question. I didn't recognize that too.
Apr 8, 8:00 AM

Apr 2013
On the one hand it's good to offpanel fights, because they look bad anyway. On the other hand the episode feels again like nothing happened.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2023

46 by Aditya250803 »»
May 17, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2023

67 by QuilPalta »»
May 2, 6:34 PM

» Things keep getting worse and worse

Furuhashi1 - Oct 19, 2023

13 by TheOtaku-San »»
Apr 14, 8:02 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2023

25 by Gator »»
Apr 8, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama!! 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2023

32 by Gator »»
Apr 7, 4:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.