Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Happy Marriage (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 30, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Well, Miyo woke up and seems better bu damn, that was a scary moment.

It's still great to see someone like Hazuki comfort her and telling more about her own past and marriage experience. Obviously, Kiyoka is there to help as well like always. Poor Miyo though, she's still going through psychological stress from these recent episodes.
Aug 30, 2023 7:58 AM

May 2020
I mean I don’t sweat about small stuffs, but wait, when super handsome glasses-kun saved Miyo and ADDRESSED her as “Saimori Miyo”, Miyo herself or anyone SHOULD’VE ASKED why this man who… they’ve never ever met before in their life knows about Miyo and heck even her name lol. 

Anyways, it was kind of a bummer when Miyo fainted and they had to take her back home, I mean she did practice hard and then that happened. Plus, she couldn’t even have a proper conversation with Kiyoka after whatever happened, and about what she’s going through… those abnormal dreams, though Kiyoka knows about it but still. By the way he already has his hands full dealing with those grotesqueries, so you can’t blame him either.

We knew Hazuki had a failed marriage, but to think even she did suffer from a not-so-loving family back in the day and ended up getting a divorce from her husband… that’s just kinda how it goes for super cheerful characters in the anime:( Though it was her telling that story to Miyo, which kind of led to that sweet moment between Kiyoka and Miyo.

That was good, but whatever glasses is doing and his connection with Miyo’s mother side of the family is kind of too troubling. I mean he wants to sow a conflict between Miyo and Kiyoka, and it ain’t that wrong to say he kind of succeeded too… 
Aug 30, 2023 8:13 AM
Aug 2022
Damm!! Miyo-San still suffering from psychological stress, someone please cure her 😭😭😭
Aug 30, 2023 8:13 AM

Apr 2016
You know, while i completely understand why ... did we really needed such a sad backstory again, does no character in this story just have a super happy and merry and cheerful married life ? I guess our mains are a pioneers in that regard :D

As you would expect the glassses dude is very sleezy. Wonder hows that gonna turn out.
Aug 30, 2023 8:27 AM
Sep 2021
Kudo takes miyo with him and goes to meet tsuruki arata to solve miyo's nightmare problem.
Aug 30, 2023 8:29 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
If anything Miyo's bloodline really is starting to make life for her difficult. The gros's sure moved faster than predicted. If they get into the city proper then the panic would be difficult to manage. Its nice seeing Miyo find joy in something that she's good at. Hazuki sure had a tough marriage though. The cat and its kittens were just soo cute and reflected well on the kind of bond that can exist between family. God Arata is just such a jerk but the truth about him is becoming quite clear.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2023 8:50 AM

Feb 2021
So that guy is Miyo's cousin or something? Does he also have Usuba blood in him?
The conversation was really well animated but also heartbreaking.
The whole situation is messed up... Kiyoka and Miyo's relationship, the whole thing with Grotesqueries. I just hope this has a good ending.
Aug 30, 2023 8:57 AM

Feb 2019
“Be more selfish. I’ll accept you whole” “we’ll support each other that’s what a family does”

😩 the lengths that Kiyoka goes to assure Miyo are so precious, man. He’s obviously not trained as a psychologist, but he’s doing his absolute best to comfort and reassure an abuse victim and I respect that so much. A real man. No matter what insecurities she has, he wants to let her know he accepts all of her, not just the good, but the bad too. It is a constant back and forth between good days and bad days. Miyo didn’t get like this overnight and she won’t break the cycle overnight.

It’s so difficult seeing Miyo work herself to the bone to prove her worth, when she doesn’t need to at all. All those years of abuse are so deeply embedded in her that she just can’t fathom her existence justifying itself on its own. The Saimori family saw her as defective because her Usuba blood hadn’t activated, instead of seeing his daughter as a person, she was just a tool to her father. Miyo doesn’t need to be the “perfect housewife” to be worthy of the Kudo family. She just needs to be herself.

I like the parallel they show us between Hazuki’s ex husband and Kiyoka. Both Hazuki and Miyo did their best to learn and acclimate to being wives, both hid how hard they were working themselves, both Kiyoka and her ex said things they didn’t mean while under stress. Difference is Kiyoka isn’t going to lose his woman. He’s going to get straight to the bottom of things by investigating Tsuruki. Hazuki’s husband probably has some regret about losing her as well.

Speaking of Tsuruki, crazy twist there that he may have some connection to the Usuba family. If the only Sumi they saw had that last name.. very interesting. Can’t wait to see how things play out next week.
Marinate1016Aug 30, 2023 9:10 AM
Aug 30, 2023 9:58 AM

Oct 2020
I feel so sad for Miss Miyo.
Aug 30, 2023 10:07 AM

Dec 2020
Miyo san is really at her end with the nerves and thes stress she is mentally exhausted.
I hope really she opens to kiyoka one day and yeah the tsuruhi guy seems suspicious.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 30, 2023 10:15 AM

Apr 2023
I hated seeing Kiyoka doubt himself because he's an amazing person, but at the same time I loved it because it's one of the things that make him such a good man.

I want to yeet the glasses guy though...

Aah and the animation of the interactions between Kiyoka and Miyo were an absolute treat!
Aug 30, 2023 10:26 AM
Aug 2022
This episode is very sweet and wholesome while bringing tears at the same time.
Aug 30, 2023 10:38 AM

Feb 2014
Tsuruki is looking very confident in what he's doing, with the way that his words made not only Miyo worry, but also Kiyoka doubt himself a bit during his talk with him. He's a crafty bastard, I give him that.

I do say that it's sad to see Miyo working herself so hard like this all for the sake of proving to be worthy of the future wife of Kiyoka. Thinking about Hazuki's backstory and how her marriage fell apart due to her struggles to mold herself into her husband's family, it does make me worry that Miyo is making those same mistakes as well. It's no wonder that Kiyoka is worried sick about her health. =(

At the very least, he now has a breakthrough, with Tsuruki leaving his business card with Miyo as well as Kiyoka, plus the detective on the phone with him earlier mentioning the name "Sumi Tsuruki" does give the impression that he has a deeper connection to the Usuba family than I expected. Either way, Kiyoka taking Miyo with him in his car at the end of the episode does make me worry that he's falling for a trap, so I do hope that the next episode proves my worries wrong.
Aug 30, 2023 10:50 AM
Oct 2018
En este capitulo me parecieron todos medio pelotudos
Aug 30, 2023 10:53 AM

Dec 2021
It's no surprise that the unsettling fuck has concocted a plan to drive a wedge between them, particularly given his evident connection to Miyo. Will Kiyoka piece things together, or is he walking into a trap fueled by his grief?

Following the tea scene, the kitchen encounter is truly heart-wrenching. Both hold their own valid reasons for their actions. Miyo's past trauma makes it challenging for her to fully open up, yet she truly needs him. Kiyoka's words might have been ill-phrased, but they stemmed from his love and a desire to shield her from suffering. They'll likely overcome this hurdle, though. Hopefully, Hasuki's story of her divorce will nudge Miyo toward expressing her feelings.

Aug 30, 2023 10:54 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Miyo and Kudo are acting very foolishly. Miyo should trust Kudo much more and not let strangers mess with their relationship. And Kudo shouldn't EVER leave her alone with whats happened and what he knows about her
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 30, 2023 11:03 AM

Apr 2021
It's so devestating to see to which extent Miyu's fear of bothering someone goes. It breaks my heart everytime a daijōbu comes out of her mouth. 

Arata Tsuruki has such a great uncanny aura around him, these types of antagonists (or characters in general) I fear the most. 
Aug 30, 2023 12:01 PM

Jun 2021
That Tsuruki guy is a trouble creating issues here and there.
Aug 30, 2023 1:07 PM

Jan 2023
That poor guy carrying a cart got jumped by a bunch of Grotesquires, it’s like a blitzkrieg towards the Capitol. 

It’s relieving to see Miyo in a somewhat better condition after her collapsing in the open. Really scary moment. I’m glad we’re able to see a bit more into Kazuki and bringing out her character more with her backstory and how her marriage went and came. I really like her and she’s been a great help to Miyo both with learning and keeping her safe. Gonna touch more on this later. The tea scene between Miyo and Kiyouka was really sweet, telling Miyo that it’s okay to trust and seek out reliance in Kiyouka. That reassurance is invaluable, especially to Miyo with her past trauma, communication will either make or break a relationship and this is no different. 

With Arata (Or the Tsuruki guy), this is just manipulation. His way of words allow him to influence both Miyo and Kiyouka and flesh out their flaws. I’ll give it to him for being a nifty one with whatever the hell he’s plotting. 

The kitchen scene is so heartbreaking, just hearing Miyo’s voice (Props to the VA, great job) was enough on its own but with the context, it’s all the more agonizing. From what I said earlier regarding Kazuki and how her previous marriage came to an end, there’s a parallel here similar to that. Miyo trying to reach that ideal wife she spoke earlier while Kiyouka let it slip even though he had good intentions and was concerned for her. It’s so painful to see Miyo crying again and Kiyouka being unable to help her much with those nightmares.

Phenomenal episode as always, have a wonderful Wednesday
Aug 30, 2023 2:01 PM

Jul 2019
Hmm, the plot thickens...
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
Aug 30, 2023 2:24 PM
Aug 2023
Kudo is such a green flag
Aug 30, 2023 2:25 PM

Jul 2015
This episode felt so short, so much happened that it felt like half the duration. I wonder how Kudo will solve Mio's nightmares and what is the full history of her family. Hope they reveal it in the upcoming episodes. overall a great episode.
Aug 30, 2023 3:21 PM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode

she is holding to much...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 30, 2023 3:22 PM

Jun 2013
Man, Miyo's personality is starting to get on my nerves. Communicate please. Sure not everything can be solved but communication is important in these kind of situation. I get that she's suffering from psychological issues but harboring self pity all the time isn't helpful to one's mental health at all. Hopefully, her issues can be resolved by the time the final episode airs.
Aug 30, 2023 3:33 PM

Oct 2019
this episode is so packed. i'm hoping the next episode is about her family. seeing how miyo is developing her 'powers' throughout these recent episodes was fascinating.

Aug 30, 2023 3:44 PM
Feb 2022
Glasses guy is getting on my nerves. It truly seems like he was the one to make Miyo faint (little boy made her drop her protection charm, she fainted, and suddenly, and oh, so... luckily, the guy was right there to be the knight on a shining horse. Right.)

I really like how the anime portrays Miyo's mental health. It feels way more realistic than the usual way trauma is normally waved away after twenty minutes.

Major has such a nice voice. Wow.
Aug 30, 2023 6:07 PM

Apr 2022
glasses prick keeps pissing me off whenever he has screentime lol. miyo and kudo has a nice moment as well until glasses came along and ruined the next scene. at least it was nice listening to hazuki and let kudo cook, wanna see how this goes.
Aug 30, 2023 7:45 PM
Feb 2018
I think miyo is pushing herself too hard just because kudo and his family are so nice to her she wants to be helpful they way she try to stand up for kudo against that special aid in her own way show how much she cares for kudo. The special aid is either a ubasa hiding in plain sight with the imperial household help on someone that hunted her family into hiding I wish kudo would take some troops with him when going to the special aid or at least put miyo somewhere safe.

Just my guess but I think miyo will end ip kidnapped again
Aug 30, 2023 8:19 PM
Jan 2022
man it's hard watching miyo make the mistakes she's making but unfortunately they're understandable for someone who's lived the life she has. I just hope kiyoka can gain her trust and help before it's too late. she still doesn't believe he just loves her for her.
Aug 30, 2023 9:15 PM

Mar 2007
All those night mares are doing a number of Miyo, she's not getting enough sleep, she's losing weight and she fainted in front of that suspicious glasses guy! 

Kudou is trying everything to gain her trust, he even told her she can tell him anything but she is too scared to trust, preferring instead to be self sacrificing. Girl, you might be pretty but you are young, and dumber than rocks. At some stage she needs to really grow a spine and learn that asking for help isn't a sign of weakness, but of strength.

And then the glasses guy shows up to spew more poison and make her even more insecure. Argh! 
After that he immediately goes to work on Kubou accusing him of not caring for his to be wife! Double Aargh!

Home confrontation doesn't go well as the 2 aren't communicating well because Miyo is lacking in confidence, and I'm starting to think she's pretty brainless too. 

Kudou bringing Miyo to the other "possible" Usuba is not a good idea. At least, if he's going to do that bring a few people as backup. This is very worrying.
Aug 30, 2023 9:43 PM

Mar 2007
All those night mares are doing a number of Miyo, she's not getting enough sleep, she's losing weight and she fainted in front of that suspicious glasses guy! 

Kudou is trying everything to gain her trust, he even told her she can tell him anything but she is too scared to trust, preferring instead to be self sacrificing. Girl, you might be pretty but you are young, and dumber than rocks. At some stage she needs to really grow a spine and learn that asking for help isn't a sign of weakness, but of strength.

And then the glasses guy shows up to spew more poison and make her even more insecure. Argh! 
After that he immediately goes to work on Kubou accusing him of not caring for his to be wife! Double Aargh!

Home confrontation doesn't go well as the 2 aren't communicating well because Miyo is lacking in confidence, and I'm starting to think she's pretty brainless too. 

Kudou bringing Miyo to the other "possible" Usuba is not a good idea. At least, if he's going to do that bring a few people as backup. This is very worrying.
Aug 30, 2023 10:10 PM

Jan 2011
I swear this new guy is legit trying to steal Miyo. LOL! This dude is thirsty. Also the guy playing in the English Dub is awesome.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 30, 2023 11:01 PM
Nov 2019
kiyoka emng calon suami yang baik
tapi miyo adalah calon istri yg lebih baik
My Candies :
Aug 30, 2023 11:03 PM

Feb 2022
I don't know what it is but I feel like this show is missing something to make it really good or even great. It felt so promising at first and it's still good but I find myself a bit less interested. Because Miyo is bland (for good reason) the show really needs stronger characterization for Kudou to even it out but once he warmed up to Miyo he just feels a bit boring to me. Maybe it's the plot, it's clearly setting something up now so maybe that's the lull I'm feeling.
Aug 31, 2023 4:32 AM

Nov 2021
Glasses guy troubles Miyo and holds her hands. Miyo Protection Squad, we have another target!!

Aug 31, 2023 4:50 AM
Sep 2022
the story started out great but now I don't know how to say something feels wrong like it does not has the impact like it had before something is just off

I really think the two animes the girl I like forgot her glasses and My happy marriage both have just changes like now I love the girl I like and I am not that fond of my happy marriage like I am just seeing it hoping to finish it and that is just sad

This series really has something off about I just can't pinpoint it
Aug 31, 2023 5:49 AM

Sep 2014
I liked seeing Miyo yell at the glasses mf for stepping out of line.

honestly, I'm not sure if the sister telling Miyo her past was a good idea. I feel like Miyo the type to be like, "Shoot, well now I legally have to do chores or else I'll have to divorce :( "

animation pretty
Aug 31, 2023 6:23 AM

Jan 2023
Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon E09 mini Ribsview

+ More intimate and tender moments between them
+ Animation is beautiful hotdamn

Love grows!

Score 9/10
Aug 31, 2023 7:43 AM

Feb 2019
Ah-ah, there we go again. Miyo's low self-confidence stopping her from opening up to Kudo about her nightmares.

Aug 31, 2023 8:06 AM
Feb 2015
Urgh not one of these shitty moments again with a shitty random third wheeler coming into play to stir shit up for the sake of its plot to try and make the characters uneasy with each other in the most overused plot device ever in these kinda situations. I hate insufferable characters like these you can go shove one up your no-good ass Tsu-whatever-tf-it-was-dumb-name aRGH
Aug 31, 2023 8:33 AM

Jan 2021
I really hope Miyo is gonna be alright, im glad that Kiyoka is trying his best to find a cure or an solution towards her, because she is getting these nightmares frequently and it affects her health, she can be a little more open tho towards him, if something is troubling her then she needs to tell him. I do not trust that one glasses guy tho that treated her badly at the door entrance.
Aug 31, 2023 10:54 AM
Apr 2022
Am I the only one who don’t really like the evolution of the anime after the Saimori family Arc ?
It’s like Shield Hero after the revenge is done, it’s less interesting for me…
I was really involved with the story with the unfair traitment of her sister/father/stepmother !
Aug 31, 2023 10:55 AM
Apr 2022
Am I the only one who don’t really like the evolution of the anime after the Saimori family Arc ?
It’s like Shield Hero after the revenge is done, it’s less interesting for me…
I was really involved with the story with the unfair traitment of her sister/father/stepmother !
Aug 31, 2023 11:09 AM

Nov 2021
Omg this episode was too good with the scenes between Miyo and Kudou I teared up.. the dialogue was so emotional
Aug 31, 2023 12:20 PM

Mar 2014
Oh man Sumi is being Tsuruki sure complicate things and what's worse that dude is definitely up to no good
Aug 31, 2023 1:20 PM
May 2023
The show has become quite slow in the last two episodes. Don't like how Miyosan keeps fainting again and again. Wish more things happened as there are only 3 more episodes to go.
Aug 31, 2023 4:48 PM

Nov 2013
This was painful to watch... Mio is suffering too much.
Aug 31, 2023 7:07 PM
Aug 2022
it was very good but I want to know about the man in glasses what's the purpose of his visit to Miyo's house
Aug 31, 2023 9:41 PM
Mar 2015
Tsuruki is part of same family as her mother
Aug 31, 2023 10:39 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Though it's been a long process, taking several episodes, and Miyo's self-deprecating behavior was becoming exasperating, it's good to see some more development lately. Even when she still shows the self-shaming attitude coming from her traumatizing past, there are more and more occasions when her determination shows. This week, for example, there were some moments when she really wished to overcome her problems with nightmares, or when she finally asked Kudo about his past.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

_MushiRock11_ - Sep 20, 2023

169 by KimSoderman »»
Jun 3, 6:28 PM

» This is the most watched anime franchise on Netflix in second half of 2023.

RealNath - May 29

13 by Howlitee »»
May 31, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2023

100 by OtomeinHell »»
May 29, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Marinate1016 - Sep 6, 2023

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2023

111 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 23, 1:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.