Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 1, 2023 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
It's scary to realize that a misunderstanding caused all the drama this episode.

It's also scary to realize how dangerous their world can really be. We got some explosive and colorful action this episode. Helck played an important role to help Vermilio.
Aug 1, 2023 10:10 AM
Aug 2019
When MAL says an episode is out, where exactly is it available? Anybody knows?
Aug 1, 2023 11:41 AM

Feb 2012
Ouroborosk said:
When MAL says an episode is out, where exactly is it available? Anybody knows?

Japan

Seems like next episode will be interesting
Aug 1, 2023 11:59 AM
Sep 2015
I'll miss Kenros's laugh.
Aug 1, 2023 12:02 PM

May 2020
The directing isn't good. That's probably the root of all the problems I have with this adaptation. Shoddy animation can be overcome with good directing, but with directing this poor it's extra noticeable. The pacing of scenes that are always way too fast or slow, the adding and cutting of parts that should have been left alone, the awkward line delivery, the weird facial expressions, the out of place sound effects and music, I feel like all of these stem from directing decisions. It was probably the worst so far in this episode. At this rate, I can't imagine any of the important scenes in the future won't just feel super awkward as well.

I want to talk a bit about what I meant by the music feeling out of place. The songs themselves aren't bad, but I don't like their placement. Several times now, same continuous song will play throughout an entire scene no matter what happens in it. No crescendo at the sudden changes or climactic moments, no silence at the slower, quiet moments, just the same tune during the entire thing.

I am glad they left in an extra chapter this time though, and I thought that final, short scene on the beach was better done than most of the episode. This adaptations isn't terrible, just underwhelming.
FrosteekAug 1, 2023 12:12 PM
Aug 1, 2023 12:14 PM

Sep 2022
The pace of the episodes seems really slow to me, I understand that there are 24 episodes but my god, is the Manga even like that?

Aug 1, 2023 12:22 PM

Feb 2019
Best episode so far by a big margin. Finally get some plot development and action.

So as I expected since the first time we saw them, the knights are humans. I wonder what was the process of them becoming the winged knights and if everyone really consented to it. Seems wild to turn the entire human population into an army. The demons just want to be left alone and we’ve got the humans framed as the aggressors here.

Glad hyura is ok I was kinda concerned about her last week but that healing factor is clutch.

Are we getting a mushoku style teleportation arc now with Vermelio and Helck going thru the wormhole? I’m really hype for next week. Think the story is finally getting started
Marinate1016Aug 1, 2023 12:25 PM
Aug 1, 2023 12:30 PM

Jan 2023
Wow, a lot to process in this one!
There was a lot of exposition and some answers, but at the same time it feels like we now have many new questions.
A lot of action too, and some nice comedy here and there (that 'baka' at the end of course, and that post-credits scene haha).
Good twists and turns, and that ending... just amazing!
Oh, and great soudtrack too during key moments.

I was captivated all along, and it felt like the best episode by far.
Next week looks great!
Aug 1, 2023 12:33 PM
Apr 2022
After the battle Helck and Yamirio are getting socked into an unknown portal and it brings them to the...

I'm curious how Yamirio will enjoy the human world, together with Helck
Aug 1, 2023 12:35 PM
Feb 2021
Welp, that was a big barrel of nothing.
Aug 1, 2023 12:39 PM

Jan 2021
It's me or this anime have a GREAT soundtrack

Btw
I'm curious about what this story is about 
She's in the real of humans now
But where are they, why humans have wings now, who's Helck and why he killed his brother?

Aug 1, 2023 12:41 PM

Dec 2018
kind of thought it was a weak episode, but the next one should be a lot better in development.
Aug 1, 2023 12:42 PM

Dec 2021
If Edil and his winged companions were once humans, someone must have initiated their "awakening" to transform them into powerful winged knights with Hero-like abilities. Helck seemed unperturbed by all of this, indicating that he might be aware of the process. I wonder if this knowledge influenced his decision to join the Demon side. If these winged knights ever reach their full strength, it could be disastrous for others.

It's amusing how Doruushi and Kenros opted to relax after witnessing Hyura and Vermilio's impressive display of power. Hyura's ability to regenerate was unexpected but impressive, making her quite the badass. Vermilio's fire magic was equally astonishing.

I was worried when Vermilio was sucked into the gate, but to my surprise, she ended up in a tropical beach paradise with Helck. Shit dude, where can I find a magical teleportation portal? Give me a vacation.

Aug 1, 2023 12:55 PM

Feb 2018
Seems that those winged knights were once humans, now going through some sort of awakening, and Helck appears to know one of them?
To make things worse him and Vamirio get transported to some abandoned island to make things even more chaotic.
Aug 1, 2023 1:16 PM

May 2020
Knew the humans were "bad" in here, or atleast that's how they're pictured yet. Though to think they're mass producing heroes for the sake of taking control over demon continent/land, there isn't really much room to see the humans in any different way.

Anyways, things happened and somehow Vermilio ALONG WITH Helck has been sent to a whole different place it seems.. it's a beach by the way lol, with the rest three still being the other side of that black hole sort of. That would make a good fun, I can feel.

Still a series of questions need to be answered, so all the more reason to look forward to.
Aug 1, 2023 1:44 PM

Dec 2016
Am I supposed to be impressed with this outcome?

Long boring infodump monologues in what's supposed to be a heated battle of unbalanced forces due to numbers, it almost felt like an old school rpg where you have to wait for the CPU enemies to have their turn to attack. The winged guards just got swatted like flies despite their numbers and the most obvious "she's playing dead and have a narrator explain all the bullshit afterwards", these fights feel weightless because there's no proper base on either side on how their abilities work and are just hyped up by crummy side characters comments (good ol' cheap tell don't show). Looks like the clowns did beat the bulls in this rodeo this time.

The aftermath with Vermilion and Helck being casted away is the most cliched trope in the hero's journey stories.
Aug 1, 2023 2:12 PM
Jul 2010
Kast2 said:
The pace of the episodes seems really slow to me, I understand that there are 24 episodes but my god, is the Manga even like that?
I can't help but smile on this comment. It reminds me the time I convinced my friend to read the manga and how I had to nag them to keep reading until they reached a certain point in the story.
Reading the first 3 volumes took them the same amount of time as the remaining 9.

So to answer your question... the pacing at the beginning is super slow. But don't worry, there's a payoff.
Aug 1, 2023 2:20 PM

Dec 2013
So many mysteries and questions!!! I'm really digging this show.
Aug 1, 2023 3:23 PM

Jan 2011
Frosteek said:
The directing isn't good. That's probably the root of all the problems I have with this adaptation. Shoddy animation can be overcome with good directing, but with directing this poor it's extra noticeable. The pacing of scenes that are always way too fast or slow, the adding and cutting of parts that should have been left alone, the awkward line delivery, the weird facial expressions, the out of place sound effects and music, I feel like all of these stem from directing decisions. It was probably the worst so far in this episode. At this rate, I can't imagine any of the important scenes in the future won't just feel super awkward as well.

I want to talk a bit about what I meant by the music feeling out of place. The songs themselves aren't bad, but I don't like their placement. Several times now, same continuous song will play throughout an entire scene no matter what happens in it. No crescendo at the sudden changes or climactic moments, no silence at the slower, quiet moments, just the same tune during the entire thing.

I am glad they left in an extra chapter this time though, and I thought that final, short scene on the beach was better done than most of the episode.  This adaptations isn't terrible, just underwhelming.
I think the directing is fine. I feel you complain about something that is just solid. I don't think you're all wrong though but you need to balance things better. I haven't read the manga for this one but I have liked the show so far outside of a poorly animated episode 3.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 1, 2023 3:32 PM
Aug 2020
Another great episode, I keep enjoying every seconds with this one.

What is going on…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 1, 2023 3:37 PM
Apr 2023
Kimurah said:
Am I supposed to be impressed with this outcome?

Long boring infodump monologues in what's supposed to be a heated battle of unbalanced forces due to numbers, it almost felt like an old school rpg where you have to wait for the CPU enemies to have their turn to attack. The winged guards just got swatted like flies despite their numbers and the most obvious "she's playing dead and have a narrator explain all the bullshit afterwards", these fights feel weightless because there's no proper base on either side on how their abilities work and are just hyped up by crummy side characters comments (good ol' cheap tell don't show). Looks like the clowns did beat the bulls in this rodeo this time.

The aftermath with Vermilion and Helck being casted away is the most cliched trope in the hero's journey stories.

I'd have to agree honestly, 2 episodes of just being thrown into the (silly) tournament. Then for the 3rd ep to just be walking somewhere with a meh 1 punch fight to end on a cliffhanger. All the build up for today's episode to be 90% Helck standing still while other people talk, and just to end on another cliffhanger at some beach. Was expecting a fight not a bunch of exposition. Tho hearing it's going to be 24 ep's instead of 12 is some relief given the poor pacing. Still a boring ep imo.
Aug 1, 2023 3:42 PM
Mar 2021
I wish the episode had more movement. It isn't very high quality. That being said it is very direct adaptation of Manga. My only worry is that at such pace they might have trouble covering it in 24 episodes. They seem to be doing 3 chapters for episode. Helck is slightly above 100 chapters plus a lot of in-between content. So 36 episodes might be closer to covering everything - including a lot of important Omake.

I do wonder if they will bring some resolutions that Manga didn't finish to an end, but with 24 episodes I doubt it. I hope that at least with anime a lot more people will read Manga.
Aug 1, 2023 4:15 PM

Oct 2017
So they have all awakened to hero. Probably did horrible experiements on the heroes and found out how to do that. Killing those angels is bad? Why? They'll be revived and get stronger or something? Is that the process to awaken too?

Vamirio and Helck teleported to a new place. Did they also time travel?
Aug 1, 2023 5:17 PM

Jul 2023
Expected Helck to be battling like a boss, didn't think of a possible island adventure! It's getting really interesting and I keep leaving each episode with questions.
Aug 1, 2023 5:34 PM

Sep 2020
The final scene with Vermilio stumbling on that paradisiac beach made me re-experience that incredible sense of excitement and adventure that hit me the very first time I read Helck, back when the comic started getting scanlated.
AvveniristaAug 1, 2023 5:40 PM
Aug 1, 2023 5:40 PM

May 2019
So before Vermilio got sucked into the portal she had branded Helck a traitor but then called him "baka" when he tried to grab her only for him to get pulled in as well. I figure that she'll look past him being a traitor in order to survive what I'm thinking is the human realm and find a way to get back to her demon world (I also noticed she liked the smell of his cape haha).
Aug 1, 2023 6:14 PM

Jul 2022
Exposition over still images. The mysteries continue to multiply, but more mysteries do not necessarily make for a more interesting story. The comedy is exceptionally lazy.

jaysicks said:
… don't worry, there's a payoff.

StateofOhayo said:
… the next one should be a lot better…

I appreciate that, but there is nothing in the first four episodes to suggest that Helck is going to deliver a satisfying payoff. Even if you can list dramatic-sounding plot points in a spoiler tag, and I'm sure you can, the execution is what counts, and the execution has not been skillful. Classroom for Heroes is different in too many ways to count, but at least it isn't wasting anyone's time: it's lively and fun.

I have to agree completely with this:

Frosteek said:
Shoddy animation can be overcome with good directing, but with directing this poor it's extra noticeable.

Kimurah said:
… these fights feel weightless because there's no proper base on either side on how their abilities work…

Hot-Pantaloons said:
All the build up for today's episode… just to end on another cliffhanger at some beach.

It does feel like, at this point, we could have learned something about the nature of the main conflict, and I don't mean the secret plans of the villain: I mean, who is overcoming what? Which characters have conflicting goals? Helck as a blank slate has run its course.
Aug 1, 2023 8:46 PM

Mar 2007
Now they get isekai'd ?? Wasn't expecting that.
Aug 1, 2023 9:08 PM
Apr 2023
Great episode, and I loved the post credits scene about Vamirio getting her hair cut 😂
Aug 1, 2023 9:26 PM

May 2020
I forgot to comment on this earlier, but what was that goofy spin? It looked silly.
FrosteekAug 1, 2023 9:51 PM
Aug 1, 2023 9:41 PM

Apr 2022
like how it sort of transitioned to the ED. not much else to say.
Aug 1, 2023 9:59 PM

Jan 2020
Ngl, this was a rather slow episode. There was way too little screen time for Helck. The show is like an automatic downgrade when he’s not there imo, since he brings practically all the entertainment
Aug 1, 2023 11:05 PM
Jul 2020
This is weird.

First episode was an actual 8/10. Second one remained good.

And that’s because, while the animation was mid all along, the direction more than made up for it. So did the voice actors. It was actually stellar how they made it all work so well with so few resources.

But really…

The entire last episode and the first half of this one were just so bad all around. Like, seriously bad. From characters talking alone all the time to extremely mismatched timing on fights, the technical quality just sucked all around. There’s no impact behind anything. Even the voice acting seemed to drop in quality (mostly because the direction greatly affects how the lines are delivered by timing the flow of the episode).

How did this happen so fast? It’s really such a shame, since the plot remains so good.

The great news is that the direction seemed to improve in the second half of this episode, so I guess there’s at least someone competent in the team doing something to salvage it.

I heard some people saying the story gets a whole lot fucking better with time. If that’s true, I hope the staff is also prepared for that.

Hopefully, they can keep doing the magic they did for the first two episodes.

Either way, I will keep watching it. There’s a lot of potential to be unfolded, so I will keep my expectations high.
Aug 1, 2023 11:39 PM
Jan 2020
man this shit is anticlimactic
Aug 2, 2023 2:29 AM

Aug 2013
The character designs, animation style, scenes, settings, occurences etc.  of this show definitely seem heaviliy inspired by Hunter x Hunter.

This episode made it look more rather that Helck doesn't agree with the leadership of humans instead of humans in general? Wouldn't that pose an issue if he were to become demon lord? Or was that just because he knew one of the humans.

Also, how dense are Vermilio and other characters not to realize what Helck meant.

Aug 2, 2023 5:31 AM

Jun 2021
They got teleported to an island it seems. I wonder if it's another world.
Aug 2, 2023 6:59 AM

Jun 2016
100% this is a hidden masterpiece !!!
Aug 2, 2023 7:21 AM
Jun 2012
Beach episode 🌴
Aug 2, 2023 7:29 AM
Jan 2018
What’s the figurine even doing on the floor at the bottom anyway
Aug 2, 2023 8:23 AM
Sep 2021
The winged soldiers were actually human's but there is still something fishy going on and vermillion and helck have been transported to somewhere.
Aug 2, 2023 9:04 AM

Apr 2015
The animation quality is ok but the directing is weird. There is no flow and the scenes are stop-start
Aug 2, 2023 1:17 PM
May 2023
No mantiene la parte turbia del manga, pero tampoco está mal
Aug 2, 2023 1:38 PM
Jul 2015
This episode displayed one of the story's flaws. Especially the villains will often try to talk their opponents to death with endless explanations absolutely nobody asked for. Classic shounen move.

One little thing the anime seems to handle worse than the manga is Vermilio's monologues. In the manga it looks for the very most part as if they were only her thoughts, which isn't the most elegant way to add a narrator, but kind of does the job OK. In the anime she says a lot of that stuff out loud, to nobody in particular, which looks just dumb.
Aug 2, 2023 3:05 PM

Jun 2021
Honestly this looks like a complete shit. The only reason I will continue to watch is because I heard a few years ago that the manga was really good.
But the way this is handled up to this point is absolutely awful. There is no hook, there isn't anything here to makes you stay. At least Shitmon Slayer has sakuga that makes it barely watchable.  The first three episodes were pretty awful comedy that would be funny to maybe 10 year old kids. And we know almost nothing of Helcks personality even 4 episodes in, in a show THAT IS CALLED HELCK.
This has the same problem like many other shows where people tell you "trust me it get's good after 20+ episodes". That other thread that said that this is going to be such a sleeper hit is on pure copium, but no this won't be a sleeper hit, this will be forgotten because I assume that most of the people that watched this dropped it after the "three episodes rule". And I wouldn't blame them. 
Aug 2, 2023 7:00 PM
May 2017
I knew Helck wouldn't betray the demons but his inaction had me wondering what bro was scheming. I wonder where exactly his hatred with the humans lie, he didn't seem to hold any ill will towards his old comrade..something to think about

next ep will be helck and vermillio's adventure into a tropical island, what becomes of the demon king trials I wonder? Postponed ig

4/5
Aug 2, 2023 9:38 PM
Mar 2015
Well that sucks Hair cuts are serious business
Aug 2, 2023 10:46 PM

Mar 2008
The has been mostly dull with some curious intrigue till this point, now this was pretty good.

Hmm there is two moons. Am I to assume this isn't the human's world in the end? They went to another world first? That's what Im thinking.
Aug 3, 2023 5:10 AM
Dec 2021
Hella mid anime but i love the characters, mystery and story so im sticking with it good. Animation is meh but i dont exactly mind bad Animation. Directing is bad but imo just good enough as that i dont exactly notice it too much unlike with sabuiki bisco which (similary an anime with a cool story) had absolutely painful directing in most episodes
Aug 3, 2023 10:36 AM

Jun 2015
Helck!!!! And also short hair :D
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 3, 2023 11:07 AM

Jan 2021
Knew Helck was going to rescue her, only to get sucked in with her because he wasn't holding on to anything. Looks like a fun episode is coming up next week.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Helck Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2023

95 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Today, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2023

47 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Today, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2023

64 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Today, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2023

41 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Today, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2023

44 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Yesterday, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.