Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Happy Marriage (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Every time that Kaya girl shows up when Miyo is present, there's trouble. She's like a foil character compared to her and seems to always cause drama when around her.

Miyo deserves better but thankfully, she has some support around the house. Kiyoka still seems like the person she is closest to most. 

Jul 26, 2023 7:58 AM

May 2020
Being a grateful woman Miyo is, it goes without saying she’d want to return the kindness of Kiyoka by gifting him something, just like he did last time around. She wanted to give something handmade.. a  hair braid, a very ikemen-esque gift I must say lol. So then what, she went along with Yurie on her second shopping trip ever.

Last time it didn’t happen… Miyo and Kiyoka bumping into Kaya in the course of their sweet date, but luck could only go so far. Miyo was on her own and then came Kaya along with Koji, and unexpectedly she started shooting her with that sharp tongue of hers. Really felt for Miyo there, I mean she did want to say something back but again the scars of all those years of that upbringing just didn’t let her too. And she was mad over herself for that as well.

Anyways, Kiyoka officially asking for Miyo’s hand for marriage was the highlight. That’s almost done, and those people will apologise to Miyo as well. I mean show them a glimmer of gold and they be ready to do anything lol. Glad Miyo’s old maid is doing well, and again a good gesture from Kiyoka. They really have come soooooooo close now… hell yeah. Though can't help but see trouble coming as to how Koji's father is onto something.

Also that step-sister is a joke lol. Not only with her blonde hairs but with the way she acts too. WHOEVER IS PLANNING TO THROW HER OFF THE BRIDGE... YOU'VE MY BACK, I'LL ACCOMPANY YOU.
Softhenic03Jul 26, 2023 8:01 AM
Jul 26, 2023 8:00 AM

Sep 2016
i teared up, i'm so happy miyo was able to say what was on her mind to kudo. and kudo is such a great and caring husband, being able to do so much for her,, im so happy for them !
Jul 26, 2023 8:01 AM

Apr 2014
That trashy Kaya. What da fuq with Kouji? Wasn't he love Miyo before?! He did not even try to stop Kaya when she was attacking Miyo. What a wimp. That's a shame for him.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 26, 2023 8:02 AM

Mar 2011
Wow. I'm speechless. It's already beautiful to read their interactions with each other but to watch them? *-* This is so dreamy. I love both, Kiyoka and Miyo and I wish them all the happiness in the world ♥. Whenever I'm seeing her family I get angry but I'm so glad she has found someone like him now ♥ (although the end was concerning for different reasons :s).

And I don't know if I mentioned this already but I simply love the music. It fits perfectly. Also the voice acting is perfectly on point and so is the rest of this anime. Only 4 episodes and it's already a timeless masterpiece ♥. Can't wait until next week <3

Edit: I'm shocked to see anybody hated this? O.o. How???
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Jul 26, 2023 8:06 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice to see Miyo get the chance to shop in town. It was amusing seeing Miyo's parents squirm under Kiyoka's gaze during their frank talk. Kaya was unpleasant as always but Yurie had that covered. Its nice that Miyo was able to find the courage to reveal the truth to Kiyoka. Overall a fun ep that featured a good balance of character expansion and worldbuilding. On top of the apology from the parents which im curious as to whether we'll get looks like there's more trouble inbound.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2023 8:07 AM

Nov 2010
Somehow purple is considered as symbolic color for high-rank or noble. But kind of difficult to use for clothes, glasses and so on, I think.
Jul 26, 2023 8:08 AM

Apr 2016
Yeah, those past flashbacks always sting a bit, don't they ... hard to watch.

But never mind that, more importantly, after being shown nothing but love and understanding, our dearest Miyo decided to give a present, a home made one, to the people who take care of her. Mainly her husband :)

Also, i feel like they need to give us a bit of a ... explanation of those supernatural abilities, like they really range from laser beams, to whatever that older brother did. The whole supernatural feel like an afterthought as of now.
Jul 26, 2023 8:20 AM

Jan 2009
Omg the end of the episode when he hugs her, i just can't 🥲

Jul 26, 2023 8:27 AM
Mar 2023
Kinda surprised just how much Kudo openly likes Miyo so early on. I was sure they would play the whole "defrosting the ice king" over more episodes but I guess most of the plot's gonna be the inter family plotting? Looks like Kaya will be more important now too.
Jul 26, 2023 8:36 AM

Nov 2019
Time to pop Kaya in the blender, she's always taking it one step too far >:(

Hana helping Miyo find a little courage to give Kiyoka his present was so sweet waa. Miyo and Kiyoka really are so cute together, here's to hoping they get couple of the season
Jul 26, 2023 8:45 AM
Mar 2021
It's probably the best episode so far. I'm glad miyo confidence is getting a better a little
Jul 26, 2023 8:47 AM
Aug 2022
Kaya She's a big trouble kick her out.
Kudou'S Wife Deserves happiness and fulfillment of life
Jul 26, 2023 9:04 AM
Jul 2023
A masterful episode, made me cry
Jul 26, 2023 9:07 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Pretty satisfying getting to see at least some things blowing up in her family's faces after everything they've done to her, as well as them actually getting closer for real now
Jul 26, 2023 9:16 AM

Jun 2014
beautiful, very beautiful.

VA casting is insane in this anime, pretty nice direction overall too.
Jul 26, 2023 9:17 AM

Mar 2020
I'm glad Miyo has people around her that support her in her times of trouble. Although the plot is somewhat predictable, it still hits hard due to the high production quality and great OST that accompanied it. Great that Miyo was able to finally tell Kiyoka the truth. I would definitely like to see more focus on the supernatural elements which haven't been really talked about much, but it seems like Kaya will be a bigger part of the story from here on out. Whatever direction they take with her character. it'll be very difficult to give her any sort of redemption arc. Solid episode.
Jul 26, 2023 9:22 AM
Jul 2016
Kaya feels like the character that the protagonist of a villianess isekai would reincarnate into. She's that terrible lmao.
Jul 26, 2023 9:31 AM

Feb 2021
Miyo's trauma is so deep man. When she speaks she sounds so broken. Respect to her VA, she captures it very well.
Kiyoka telling off her parents is so cool lol. And Kaya will be after him too now it seems. She's so infuriating. I hope he utterly rejects her and it will be very satisfying.
So happy for Hana. And thankfully she helped Miyo give her gift, though it felt kinda convinient for her to appear specifically at this time (or maybe I'm not understanding something?). Still this is really good and wholesome.
EmbientJul 26, 2023 10:41 AM
Jul 26, 2023 9:38 AM
Sep 2021
The episode was emotionally impactful, but miyo and kudo's happiness is short lived as the enemies are now making their move.
Jul 26, 2023 9:41 AM
Jul 2023
Yes atlast she happy, i love her smile, i cant wait next episode
Jul 26, 2023 9:44 AM
Mar 2020
this is a straight up fairy tale. i'm loving the slow burn of the building political conflict, the rising stakes. i get the sense this is really going somewhere.
Jul 26, 2023 9:45 AM

May 2020
Miyo remembered a past of her parents' conversation. Her mother, Sumi, didn't tell her father ...
While Miyo meets Kaya and Koji in the marketplace, Kiyoka went to meet her father. He just straight-up announced engagement and marriage. I loved every single word Kiyoka said there.

Kiyoka found Hana, and that made Miyo tell everything about her to him. Way to go, Miyo and Kiyoka have become a good pair now, with all the other things out of the way.

Damn, Koji's father was the one who has been watching them with those shikigami. 
Jul 26, 2023 9:47 AM

Jan 2020
I cried like a fountain watching this. Loved it.
Jul 26, 2023 9:48 AM
Mar 2023
I'm claiming it now, this is the best romance anime of the season and the year! The voice acting and production are just *chef's kiss 😘❤

it's nice to see that they don't drag the story for too long and the relationship developed early on. what i liked about reading the manga is that they don't dwell onto misunderstandings and that gives it a sense of a more mature love story. Just goes to show how smart and sensible Kudo is.

SPOILER:
I'm pretty sure, with how fast they are covering the story, Miyo might get kidnapped by next 5th episode and rescued by the 6th episode.

I had initially thought that they might just adapt the story after that but it looks like they will also cover her nightmares and eventual discovery of her powers until the OVA.
CES_28Jul 26, 2023 9:52 AM
Jul 26, 2023 9:54 AM
Sep 2022
I legit almost cried- Yurie I love you, Miyo i will cherish you, Lord Kudo where tf can I find a man like u, Miyo’s dad? Go to hell. AHHH I WAS SO TOUCHED BY LORD KUDO WAAAAA
Jul 26, 2023 9:55 AM
Jan 2023
From the dream that Miyo saw, I guess she will have supernatural power later in the future and will br bigger than those of Kaya's perhaps. Let's see.

Don't worry Miyo, you're loved. Be confidence. We all support you.

I really cannot wait for another week for the new episode, definitely have to read the light novel.
Jul 26, 2023 9:59 AM
Mar 2023
Ricky16 said:
Kaya She's a big trouble kick her out.
Kudou'S Wife Deserves happiness and fulfillment of life

kaya is gonna become a maid in upcoming episodes
Jul 26, 2023 10:04 AM

Oct 2020
Mr. Kiyoka is very kind man unlike her family.
Jul 26, 2023 10:15 AM

Oct 2017
That scene at the begining? What did Miyo's mother mean I wonder. Miyo probably has or will have abilities?

Kudou really went and met with Miyo's family and asked him to apologise to her, what a guy. He really cares for her a lot. Kaya was a piece of shit, I want to see justice served. Looks like Tatsuishi's are making their move and they are gonna use Kaya to cause trouble. I hope Kudou will be there for Miyo just as he is there for her now.

Kudou probably found about Hana when he did the background check on Miyo. I'm glad he brought her to Miyo. Watching Miyo being so happy was a bliss. Kudou's feelings got through to her. She realised he already knows everything and she finally managed to convey her feelings to him. That hug scene was so sweet, need more.
Jul 26, 2023 10:17 AM

Oct 2011
Hana giving Miyo the confidence she needs

Miyo giving Kudo the cord T_______T

To he'll with Kaya and their Dad/Mother and that old guy from the other family
Jul 26, 2023 10:22 AM
Feb 2018
i don't understand kudo but all i can say he is a good man i think his drill sergeant personality is what drove off the other women who are like kaya spoiled and demeaning to most. i think Kudo most liely seen some horrible stuff both as a soldier against yokai and as a noble his family being prestigious and he being the head the back biting and double dealing on the nobility like with kouji father i bet he planned on taking Miyo in as a daughter in law or servant for Kaya and selling her off and i'm bet he got the money in advance. i hope the protective charm is a tracking device or some type of spirit barrier that keep Miyo from harm. hopefully keeping it on her will protect her and  activate her spirit power i believe she has it but it just can't be activated by showing someone a yokai     
Jul 26, 2023 10:32 AM

Dec 2020
Every episode is so emotional and i shed a few tears, miyu is really happy to make something selfmade to Kiyoka.
She really deserves this love and need someone who is there for her when she need it.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 26, 2023 10:37 AM

Nov 2021
Miyo gets a hug 10/10 episode  🗿
Jul 26, 2023 10:44 AM

Feb 2010
Dang... It's been a while since I felt emotional while watching anime...
Jul 26, 2023 10:54 AM

Jul 2019
What a wonderful episode! I could really feel the emotions the anime was bringing forth which was very...pleasant. It has been a while, heh.

Kaya is awful and somehow, I feel like she will bring even more trouble to Miyo. But luckily Miyo finally managed to gather her courage and talk to Kudo about her past and express her feelings toward him. That scene really warmed my heart.
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
Jul 26, 2023 10:56 AM
Jul 2020
The switch that kudou had happend so fast, but i cant say i hate it
Jul 26, 2023 11:15 AM

Jul 2014
She finally smiled , that was wholesome. She definitely deserves the best to her, I hate her sister though, she doesnt deserve anything good in her life
Jul 26, 2023 11:43 AM

Nov 2009
This episode was nice and touching and also a nice reminder of how hard it is for an abuse victim to recover.

It was disheartening to see Miyo almost slip into her apology tendencies and went on a depressive episode because of her bitch sister but leave it to her husband showing how much he cares for her.

The last episode basically all but spells out that more shit is gonna happen in the later episodes. hmmm...
Jul 26, 2023 11:50 AM

Feb 2019
Need that bitch Kaya to DIE already man. She ruins my day every time I see her on screen. She’s such a petty and vindictive, needlessly cruel cretin that has no redeeming values whatsoever. I’m really disappointed in Kouji as well for not standing up to her more firmly while she was insulting Miyo. Regardless of their marriage arrangement, that’s still a girl he loved.

“I’m the one who wants you to be here” I’m gonna be honest, I cried.

Just an absolutely beautiful last half of the episode. After that bitch of a sister triggered her PTSD, Miyo went back into her shell and regressed to her quiet detached self. How thoughtful of her fiancé to reach out to Hana like that. Hana was exactly who Miyo needed to hear from in that moment.

Kiyoka is such a kind and considerate person. Literally exactly what Miyo needs at this point in her life. He was able to deduce the abuse she suffered at the hands of her parents and constantly reassures Miyo at every opportunity. A real man.

And sadly, Miyo’s dad is even worse than I thought. I thought he just hated her because maybe the mom used her ability to make him fall in love, but he just doesn’t like her because she doesn’t have abilities. What a POS scumbag. The whole family are horrible.
Marinate1016Jul 26, 2023 12:06 PM
Jul 26, 2023 11:52 AM

Mar 2020
Epic,, this show makes me speechless I think the shots angles, how pretty everything looks, the OP and ED vibe, the characters and the relationships between them, the historical tone with fantasy hints setting and an actual no romcom romance between adults <:02love:701335132363030608> couldn’t be happier !
Jul 26, 2023 12:10 PM
Jan 2019
Ueda's voice acting is straight up amazing, I can feel my heart hurt for her
Jul 26, 2023 12:16 PM

Aug 2022
I really hope kaya falls for kudo. Because when she gets rejected or put in her place by kudo it would be one of the most satisfying moments of any anime I’ve ever seen.

This shows been great so far. Easy 10/10 for me. One of my favourite romances ever. Hopefully the rest of the episodes don’t disappoint.
Jul 26, 2023 12:19 PM
Jul 2023
I really enjoyed ep 4. It’s an amazing anime and very beautiful
Jul 26, 2023 12:30 PM

Dec 2021
It's heartwarming to see how protective Kiyoka has become of Miyo. His bold confrontation with Miyo's supposed "parents" and his assertiveness in presenting his demands were truly admirable. I found it intriguing to witness Kaya's annoyance when she realized Miyo hadn't been abandoned. It's frustrating that she managed to get under Miyo's skin, seemingly spoiling her happiness. I can't help but hope that someone will put Kaya in her place and make her realize the consequences of her actions.

Kiyoka's letter to Hana was a beautiful display of his love and care for Miyo. By indirectly revealing his understanding of the situation and his unwavering support, he showed a deep level of affection. It was heartening to see him bring Hana, the only person who makes Miyo feel safe, to reassure her. Kiyoka's direct expression of his feelings for her was touching and showed what a wonderful person he is. Miyo is fortunate to have him in her life.

It seems like Kaya is heading towards some trouble of her own. I'm curious to see how things will unfold for her. It's natural to anticipate her facing the consequences of her actions, and it'll be interesting to see how the situation plays out.

Jul 26, 2023 12:37 PM

May 2020
kaya is such a bitch
other than that we got another wholesome episode
cant wait for more

Jul 26, 2023 12:39 PM

Feb 2021
I loved this episode!! <3 What a lovely moment Kiyoka and Miyo had in this episode!!<3 It really made me so happy!! So heartwarming and beautiful ^_^
Kaya is such a b*tch but I liked it when she got upset upon knowing Miyo's reality at Kudo's residence and It'll be fun to see her reaction when she'll know that "What a Beautiful Man!" she saw is Kudo Kiyoka. Oh and that man Tatsuishi Minoru whatever he's plotting I hope it doesn't cause much trouble for Miyo and Kiyoka.
Alice23_Jul 26, 2023 1:03 PM
Jul 26, 2023 1:00 PM

May 2015
Kudo-san is kinda cute.
Jul 26, 2023 1:11 PM

Aug 2017
Kaya you fking bitch, wanna see her suffer so bad, but that father is the biggest scum. How can you treat your daughter like this the moment you got a new wife. At least Kudo is a good man and I'm beginning to warm up to him more and more.
Jul 26, 2023 1:15 PM

May 2020
AkeZZZ said:
That trashy Kaya. What da fuq with Kouji? Wasn't he love Miyo before?! He did not even try to stop Kaya when she was attacking Miyo. What a wimp. That's a shame for him.

Yeah, he really didn't deserve Miyo. I know there are probably some Japanese cultural norms that make it difficult for Kouji to speak up, but he really is spineless.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» After 5th episode this anime really is down hill ( 1 2 )

Chits_99 - Apr 5

53 by AnimeZ0id »»
Yesterday, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

_MushiRock11_ - Sep 20, 2023

177 by patkarunungan »»
Sep 24, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Marinate1016 - Sep 6, 2023

145 by BugsGirlGirl »»
Sep 23, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2023

223 by denisse_inciso »»
Aug 25, 4:35 AM

Poll: » Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2023

102 by SolalAnime »»
Aug 1, 10:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.