Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 26, 2023 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, Ogata still looks like a mess in the hospital.

Usami's abilities are truly useful as a detective, or at least for him. Not going to lie, this episode was both entertaining and thrilling for a finale. I also kinda like how this episode kept a degree of seriousness compared to some of the more comedic episodes (even though it still had its humor). The little bit of Aspira and Sugimoto were also cute.

Final season announced

https://kamuy-anime.com/news/index05500000.html
Jun 26, 2023 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
The birds and the trees, all are life within the Ainu lands.

Usami still on his dick fapping mission, but being compared to one other Lieutenant General Hanazawa, it just fuels his brain of Ogata's act to kill his own brother Yuusaku back in the war when he was attached with Usami. But still, the injured Ogata is recruited by Lieutenant Tsurumi, looking for a road of love after his father got killed, and the circle comes back in the rawest and backstabbing of ways. But Ogata isn't a simple man, and whatever Usami was trying to verbally abuse Ogata, he ain't buying the shit that they're all Tsurumi's pawns, for good or worse. Which is why he joined Hijikata's troop instead.

hiraishi with Botaro the Pirate, the latter soon realizes that Asirpa has the eyes of Nopperabo. But he has a gold coin that tells of the pattern like the tattoos, and while both Asirpa and Sugimoto share of the kamuys that she has seen in her life, of which Retar is the vanished Horkew Kamuy that I wish could come back and teach the future generation. But to have so many Ainu people be killed for the gold, Asirpa questions Sugimoto's intent, but before he can answer, the tree lodgings cut from how the Hokkiaod people do it, created an avalanche around the both of them, which Sugimoto shields Asirpa from imminent danger, and tells her of his intentions of finding the gold for his comrade-in-arms's Toraji's wife Umeko who has an eye disease. And true enough, Shiraishi also needs the gold, by finding them with the help of Mr. Hood and Botaro, which passes her the gold coin of the tattoo signatures, which she recognizes.

Asirpa's father Aca is innocent, and the stake of the Ainu has never been this greater than gold, of family and bonds.

Great season despite the setback of being pushed back. It's time for Season 5, the FINAL season!
KANLen09Jun 26, 2023 9:00 AM
Jun 26, 2023 8:02 AM

Apr 2020
The wait was long but it was worth it.
Let's just hope the final season airs without any breaks.
8/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jun 26, 2023 8:28 AM
Aug 2020
it was a great story...

can't wait to see the final season...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 26, 2023 8:35 AM

Mar 2020
Notably weaker than previous seasons due to a lot of jumping around timelines and very mediocre animation at times, although still enjoyable in terms of overall storytelling and comedy, despite the setback in the middle of the season, which inevitably did cause me to have a bit of a disconnect with some of the story.

On to the final season! Let's hope it's not too rushed.
Jun 26, 2023 8:35 AM

May 2020
another amazing season of golden kamuy 

hopefully, we get season 5 soon
its already been announced 
ig it'll be the last one 

Jun 26, 2023 8:54 AM
Oct 2016
We've reached the end of this fourth season of Golden Kamuy with our heroes purpose reignited. Following the chaotic season three which changed a lot about this story the fourth season dealt a lot with the idea of well what comes next for these characters. Sugimoto and Asirpa reunited and some dastardly enemies either killed or maimed. This season did a lot of soul searching about what Asirpa really wants to do with the gold once they find it. The internal conflict has been extremely interesting since she feels conflicted after finally solving the tattoo code. Yet not wanting this adventure with Sugimoto to end once they reach their destination of the gold. Finding more tattoo prisoners along the way to further unlock the mystery of where the gold is. We had lots of emotional moments this season with many characters being separated now that they're back on Hokkaido. I loved this latest season it did a great job of advancing the plot while also sort of resetting it. Asirpa and Sugimoto have renewed purpose of why they want to find the gold. Shiraishi and Botaro along with them now, as Koito and Tsukishima have returned to Tsurumi following his goals. Ogata has made a full recovery from losing his eye and is teamed up with Hijikata and Ushiyama. All of the opposing forces have synced up and are preparing for the final push to get the gold!
95/100
Jun 26, 2023 9:09 AM

Dec 2017
Despite all of the delays it actually finished. Godspeed.
Jun 26, 2023 9:15 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This final episode didn’t end in Sapporo like I thought it would but it was still a very good finale, there were a lot of story revelations here like the stuff with Ogata and Usami, as well as more regarding why Sugimoto is trying to find the gold and it’s a cause fitting for him like Asirpa had hoped, and I’m also happy to see they finally decided to trust Shiraishi and let him know Asirpa remembered how to solve the code, Shiraishi is such a lad after all lol.

And we had one last bad situation where Sugimoto and Asirpa got caught in a massive tree cutting, they thankfully survived but man that could have been bad, but I also really loved learning about how they cut trees like that, very cool stuff. And that final bit where Asirpa reflected on her dad was a good place to end on, the scenery of all those trees cut down was really nice looking too, it really feels like we’re nearing the end now and it’s a happy and sad feeling knowing there isn’t much left.

From Fall 22 to Spring 23 we finally made it, the 4th Season of Golden Kamuy has ended, and despite the delay and change in studio I thought this was another fantastic season. There were so many great moments in this season like in other seasons, met lots of new and interesting characters and had some great developments for old ones, and with this season’s ending things are starting to come to a final stretch and that makes me feel bittersweet. I’m really happy to see one of my favorite anime getting a complete adaptation, but I also don’t want to see it end as it’s been a part of my life since the first season aired back in Spring 2018, the anime season I first started watching seasonal anime weekly, but all things must come to an end I suppose. And I gotta point out how amazing the OP and ED were this season, I prefer previous OPs but this one absolutely slaps and was fitting for the point in the story we are now, and the ED was right in line with the others in being a great jam to unwind to after such good episodes. I really look forward to the final season, whenever that comes!
Jun 26, 2023 9:19 AM

May 2015
It's a nice season, but I don't know, I think I maybe turned around it after 50 episodes.
Jun 26, 2023 9:46 AM
Dec 2021
great ep. its good that another season announced.
Jun 26, 2023 9:57 AM
Apr 2020
Ogata being unpredictable as ever....
Bit sad that sugimoto hesitated to tell shiraishi that asirpa remembered

now onto the final season
Jun 26, 2023 9:58 AM

Jun 2022
How can something be so good!?
Jun 26, 2023 9:59 AM
Sep 2015
I didn't expect the masturbation part and the environmental concerning part to be in the same episode, but a contrast like this is the signature of Golden Kamuy.
Jun 26, 2023 11:11 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Yes! It's so awesome that this great story will get animated to the end. Love it
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 26, 2023 11:39 AM

May 2020
This despite being infected with a looong delay doesn't really made much difference to me, and that's in a good way. I mean delays can't derail the storytelling, it can the flow to some extent but not the whole thing after all.

Usami being Usami at this point I guess. That guy has set a whole new bar altogether, and I doubt anyone could top his weirdness off. But hey this being Golden Kamuy, I'll still open that spot, just in case lol.

Now that Asirpa has decided what to aim for going forward, we could see a three way war in full extent coming later down the line. Though that's for the next season, fifth one.

Plenty to look forward too, and hope it comes out next year itself.
Jun 26, 2023 11:58 AM

Mar 2014
The ending is a little bit bland but that's okay we're getting a final chapter, let's fucking go
Jun 26, 2023 12:03 PM

Feb 2014
Just like with last week's episode, Usami still cracks me up with how serious and passionate his angry ranting was while he was still on his mission to find the Jack The Ripper copycat with his trusty dick fapping as the reliable guide. XD

We also had a moment with Asirpa and Sugimoto after they were unfortunately caught in the middle of a tree felling session which had the pair of them trapped. He was honest with her about his reasons for wanting the gold in curing the eye of his late friend's wife. Thankfully, Shiraishi, Botaro and Mr Hood helped in rescuing the stricken duo. Later on, Asirpa was now fully certain on where she wants to go from this point onwards. I hope that she's able to succeed with her new goal in mind.

Overall, I'm glad that this fourth season of Golden Kamuy had finally finished. It was a long wait after the unfortunate delay back late last year, but it was worth it. =)

8/10 is my final score and I'm happy that there'll be another season in the future, which will also be the final season as well.
Jun 26, 2023 12:04 PM
Jan 2018
So now that the best anime of the season have concluded I can finally rank them. Vinland Saga season 2 was number 1 as long as you were ok with the way they did things. Personally I was a big fan of most of what they did. 10/10.

Golden Kamuy season 4 comes in at number 2. The animation was often atrocious and the best parts of this story weren't represented as well as the previous seasons. Even still, where else can you go for shonen masturbation battles with slo mo alongside learning the in's and out's of how how the Ainu give birth? The highs this season had can stand next to the best parts of the other seasons. We also had hot spring murder mysteries and other nonsense that added nothing to the story imo. Which is a problem when you consider how well Golden Kamuy normally combines important plot points with absolute nonsense. It's just not up to par.

But I even at it's worst I just can't see Golden Kamuy ever getting less than a 9/10. Unless they try to fit 40 chapters into 13 episodes. I hope the next season goes back to 24 episodes again.

Heavenly Delusion come in at number 3. Some parts of this show were transcendent but the way they handled a certain reunion left a sour taste in my mouth. It probably left a sour taste in most of our mouths and since the anime ends here we don't get to see how the story changes after that pivotal event. So it gets a 9/10 from me. I might be too generous, but Heavenly Delusion is the only high quality anime I know that tries to take a shot Golden Kamuy's crown as THE anime that can combine batshit insanity with an amazing story. Maybe. From what I hear the manga readers were nonplussed by the reveals of all those juicy mysteries.

I wonder if this batch of tattooed criminals are gonna meet their fate via OVA like Bear's best friend or if Golden Kamuy will wrap up their stories in the anime?

Also all these happy times Shiraishi has are gonna come to an end real soon when it's revealed he's a double agent. Tho to be fair, damn near everyone is a double or triple agent in this show.
Jun 26, 2023 1:05 PM
Nov 2020
Homura24 said:
another amazing season of golden kamuy 

hopefully, we get season 5 soon
its already been announced 
ig it'll be the last one 

tbf, and for everyone else saying it, while yes it may very well be the last season, none of the promotional material, twitter or their site exclusively says final season but the final chapter/arc has been greenlit. So this could be approval for a long season to complete the arc or 2 of them if necessary.

Also, if I missed something and anyone can show me where they've stated it'll be done in one season, please correct me.

I *do* absolutely know I'm insanely biased in needing it to be as much as possible 😅
Jun 26, 2023 2:41 PM

Sep 2020
Looks like Sugimoto went to the Prometheus School of Running Away From Things
Jun 26, 2023 3:27 PM

Nov 2016
We're really close to endgame.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 26, 2023 3:39 PM

Sep 2018
The weakest season, but I'm fairly hopeful for a great finale.
Jun 26, 2023 3:44 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the final episode of Golden Kamuy Season 4 ends with a strong message about preserving the environment. If you cut too many trees down, the Kamuy will eventually disappear and become extinct. Sugimoto is  determined to remain by Asiripa's side until the very end of finding the gold and restoring the cultures of the Ainu people.

I would have enjoyed this season more if it wasn't for the delay, but it couldn't be helped as one of the members of the anime staff has passed away. I'm just glad that we are getting another season to adapt the final arc of the manga.

7/10
Jun 26, 2023 5:09 PM
Apr 2014
Cannot wait for this show to be over! I've been loving every episode, and the delays just made me love it more!
Jun 26, 2023 5:28 PM
May 2020
Yes this does not disappoint.
Between this and Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2 for best of season

See you all for the finale.
Jun 26, 2023 7:30 PM
Mar 2015
Sugimoto is going to give his gold to the woman he was supposed to marry Out gril is going to try to save the Ainu
Jun 26, 2023 7:52 PM
Feb 2022
Fuera de joda, si se le va a incendiar la verga a ese tipo. Se viene la temporada final. La espero con ansias.
Jun 26, 2023 10:43 PM
Feb 2022
Finally Ep.13!!! Definitely a very good season.
I am a little worried about if it will be too rushed to include all remaining stories into only one season, I hope they will find out.
Jun 27, 2023 12:17 AM

Apr 2010
Really enjoyed the season, but not as much as season 3, it didn't have a proper end point, lots of plot thread are unresolved, so I'm looking forward to the final season.
Jun 27, 2023 4:51 AM

Jul 2016
Farabeuf said:
Yes! It's so awesome that this great story will get animated to the end. Love it

Yep. Super pumped for it to come to a close. Was really worried this would be the end and they would rush it.
Jun 27, 2023 5:42 AM
Oct 2019
Omg Usami still fapping LMAO

wow maybe i forgot or is this a new information, i didn't know Usami and Ogata has this kind of relationship before.

Yeah Season 4 starting strong but get weaker near the end? probably because of the delay effect? maybe
but the most important thing from this season was definitely FAP BATTLE OF THE HISTORY!!

8/10 from me.

Can't wait for Season 5/ The Final Chapter.
hopefully next year? *finger cross
Jun 27, 2023 7:33 AM

May 2020
man, this was such a good episode... I love seeing the relationship Asirpa and Sugimoto have + Shiraishi getting closer with them over time. Also shout out to Usami's voice actor, he did pretty well. 
Jun 27, 2023 11:10 AM
May 2018
یکی از بهترین انیمه سریالی هایی که دارم دنبال میکنم
Jun 27, 2023 11:19 AM

Jul 2014
Ultimately, I feel fairly confident in calling this the weakest season of Golden Kamuy so far. That still means it's pretty damn good, but just not on the same level as previous seasons. And I think I'd put that down to two things.

First, there's so much going on now, so many different plotlines and subplot that the show is having to jump between them at a quicker and quicker pace, making it tricky to keep track amd remain invested in everything that's happening at any given point.

Second, and this one is perhaps more important, is the fact that this was probably the worst season from a production perspective as well: whoever it was on the staff that tragically passed away, it's clear that they were a pivotal piece of the production as the animation, direction etc. was significantly worse when the series returned and only declined even further as it went on. The weaker direction in the second half also exacerbated the issues with the pacing I previously mentioned, as in these last few episodes in particular certain scenes simply weren't given the time they needed to have the emotional impact they were gunning for: I'd view Sugimoto's backstory as the most signficant example of this problem, as it should have been a very emotional moment for him and us the audience but ended up being a mere footnote in a very busy episode due to how much was crammed in and how lazily scenes transitioned into the next.

It's definitely notable that this season's strongest episodes were in the first half, such as Koito's backstory episode and the one where Asirpa and Sugimoto argued about just how much Asirpa should get pulled into the escalating conflict (episode 6, if I remember right?): that latter in particular felt like it was pulling all the threads of the first half of the season together in an excellent fashion while also providing a perfect pay-off for Asirpa and Sugimoto's separation in season 3. Actually, the Inkarmat x Tanigaki episode from this second half was really good as well, to be fair.

Even in its weakest season, Golden Kamuy has some real strong emotional and comedic beats, and I'm just hopeful that the final arc gets a better production to work with to avoid falling into some of the traps this season ended up slipping into (albeit at least in part due to tragic circumstances entirely unforeseen and out of anyone's control).

7/10
AtavisticJun 27, 2023 11:23 AM
Jun 27, 2023 11:23 AM

Jul 2016
Final episode featuring more furious masturbation, dick constellations and a deep message about environment preservation. Just your average Golden Kamuy season finale.

Overall, another good season of Golden Kamuy. Nos as amazing as the previous one in terms of crucial events happening but still pretty engaging in other aspects such as character progression (Asirpa, Sugimoto, Koito, Tanigaki, etc.) and general storytelling.

8/10 - Absolutely looking forward to the final arc.
SouthRzVaJun 27, 2023 11:34 AM
Jun 27, 2023 2:13 PM

Jan 2011
i thought this was nowhere near as good as previous seasons
Jun 28, 2023 3:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Was nice to have more information regarding Sugimoto's goal for the final episode, and more teasing of course, I can't wait for S5, hopefully there won't be any delay next time
Jun 28, 2023 11:14 AM
Apr 2023
I'm definetely going to make siarasarusikamuynokanociw as my new WIFI password
Jun 28, 2023 5:46 PM

Aug 2015
Nice. I liked season 3 more but this was solid. Hype for last season
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jun 28, 2023 9:16 PM

Dec 2018
fantastic; despite the issues in production this was a banger and i can't wait for more. one of my favorite shows of all time. also the OP/ED are just fantastic. maybe could do with less of the weird masturbation stuff.
Jun 28, 2023 9:18 PM

Dec 2018
RedChrome said:
The ending is a little bit bland but that's okay we're getting a final chapter, let's fucking go
i kind of agree, didn't really feel like a finale except for the last statement; it also felt kinda fast, like maybe smashed in there a bit. solid episode but as a finale it didn't feel that way.
Jun 29, 2023 1:06 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
it was the best way to close a very strange season, but the development continues with great interest!!

The last minutes was a nature call and ....Asirpa discovered her way!!!

7/101 for this season

kekeke
Jul 2, 2023 12:23 AM

Jul 2012
4th season is finished... What a weird one lol

I have to say the animation felt quite weird on some parts. Especially the faces felt off a lot of the times.

I got to love some new characters with this season: Kadokura (So glad he got more screentime, he's such a goofball), Vasily (I'd never would have thought that I'd love him this much lol), Botaro (from the promo pictures I was expecting him to have a personality closer to Ogata for some reason) and Kikuta (my boy, my sweet... I'm so interested in seeing more about him!) 

Overall, great season! I just can't believe the next one is the last one, I don't want to say goodbye to this story and these characters yet! :(
Jul 3, 2023 9:48 PM
Oct 2019
shit. she knows what she needs to do? but she doesn't tell us!!!!

lol lmfao damn it

i remember finding the ainu history and culture, and all the geographic references and historical references (real persons from history, the wars, etc) to be very interesting. i remember some of the characters to be very interesting. i remember certain episodes to be very interesting. but i also remember feeling like there were some "weaker" episodes and moments in earlier seasons/seasons

but this gets better every season. the story gets even deeper and richer. admittedly, it's really f*cking hard to keep up with the litany of characters and side stories (there are like 3-4 side stories going on at once at all times)

but it's so fascinating

8/10. just like season 3 (i think season 1 and 2 i gave 7/10)
Jul 4, 2023 10:56 AM

Aug 2011
I love how this show isn't just about an extraordinary adventure in search of lost treasure. At the core it's a story of indigenous history and the important stories of the Ainu and how they care for the land. I loved that the most about this anime, especially when they looked beyond at the land where all the trees were felled, and how Asirpa shared how they do the same thing as the Japanese but they do it in a way of reciprocity where they'll leave things behind so that they do not take all the resources that other beings living in the forest need. It's been such a wonderful journey watching this story unfold, and learning so much about the Ainu people along the way!
desu desu binches
Jul 5, 2023 11:13 AM
Nov 2019
أنهيت الموسم. كان قرار حكيم اني انتظرته لين اكتمل وتابعته بشكل متواصل خصوصًا مع التوقف الطويل اللي حصل بنص الموسم. الموسم الجاي بيكون الأخير وقيد الانتاج حسب ما اعلنوا .. أتمنى مايكون فيه استعجال في انهاء العمل، ويكون فينالي يُكمل التحفة العظيمة.
هذا كان موسم تمهيدي للموسم الأخير، ماشفنا تحركات كبيرة من تسورومي واوغاتا. استمرار رحلة اشيربا وسوغيموتو والاثنين اكتشفوا ان هناك شيء أكبر قيمة من الذهب لدرجة خوفهم من ايجاده. حبيت الشخصيات الجديدة، كلهم كانت لهم اضافة مميزة. الكوميديا كالعادة مميزة ومن أغرب اللي شفت بحياتي. الشيء الوحيد اللي تفوقت فيه المواسم السابقة هي الموسيقى، كانت أيقونية وما اعرف ليه غيروها. متحمس جدًا وكلّي ثقة!
Jul 17, 2023 4:10 PM
Mar 2019
Always thought this was great, but, this season lacked something, maybe the break was the problem.
Still very good though.
Jul 18, 2023 4:53 AM

Aug 2022
I'm so glad that the final season was immediately announced.
Aug 3, 2023 3:18 PM
May 2020
Perfect point to end the penultimate season!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

94 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

40 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2023

56 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2023

46 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2023

53 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 5:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.