Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 12, 2023 7:48 PM
Jan 2020
Real fancy boat they got right there
May 12, 2023 7:54 PM

Nov 2011
We got more info dump this episode and looks like Senku formed a plan to get platinum.

Episode focused a lot of time talking about Soyuz, a treasure box that seems to be important for their future plans. It was a somewhat slower paced episode but imo, an exciting one. Plus, it felt emotional in a narrative sense after hearing that background story. As always, Senku is always looking for a new challenge
Stark700May 12, 2023 8:28 PM
May 12, 2023 7:55 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Alas, Soyuz makes an appearance and the hundred tales passed down for generations are taken into the spotlight. It's wonderful how far ahead Byakuya planned all of this, but the biggest revelation here comes with the fact that there are more people out there and Senku's troop needs to be ready.

Halfway through.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 12, 2023 8:08 PM
Aug 2021
On that island there are inhabitants – that's a very big possibility. And it looks like the new character introduced in this episode have an important role going forward.
May 12, 2023 8:17 PM

Jul 2017
Senku and Co. arriving at where his father Byakuya and his astronaut team have first landed all the long time ago: Treasure Island, and that's the start of the Hundred Tales where the petrification fluid can be mass produced to save the 7 billion humans, all in a treasure box of gold.

Back to Byakuya's time 3700 years ago, and with a change of years after the petrification, the treasure box of ores saved up for the future generation of scientists, this is the story of the Hundred Tales foretold from the priestess Ruri...that can take quite awhile. Senku just wants the core details, which everyone is named after a rock, and ores like diamond and platinum are ultra-rare, that finding one will kickstart the recreation of the revival fluid. The Dunbar's number that only proves that they can only save up to 150 people within a given space, it'd be no problem with platinum. And that treasure box is resting well within the spaceship Soyuz...with someone from the Power team that initially has no name, until the reveal of his backstory with the exact same name as the spaceship, despite the name being out of place in Ishigami Village.

With the confirmation of the unknown character Soyuz, the treasure island is actually inhabited by Senku's father's tribe of astronauts, serving as ancestors that gave birth to future generations, which is how Soyuz comes into the picture. Add the fact of Why-Man, and Senku and Co. now have even more reason to explore further, beyond the curiosity of "wanting to know" what's beyond them that's the foundation of science. Hah, Yuzuriha digging her own grave of wanting to know what the Science Vessel Perseus is made of, not even Kohaku nor Minami can stop her curiosity, which the ship is appropriately equipped for even the most intense of situations, like a raging storm. And though Kohaku and Chrome were shocked that storms are nothing to Ryusui, this is now a time more than ever to navigate out of the rough seas...and within sight, lies Byakuya's treasure island.

Amazing exhilaration, onwards towards the treasure island of information!
May 12, 2023 8:22 PM
Dec 2019
Treasure Island is going to be exciting we get to see new people.
May 12, 2023 8:22 PM

Feb 2014
The next ep is gonna be so exciting! ><
May 12, 2023 8:27 PM

Feb 2016
weird how a random dude out of nowhere became so important but ok, I've gotten used to the ridiculous twits in this plot

but I gotta say, I didn't liked S1 at all, S2 was better but not by much, but now the ova and this S3 have been really damn good!
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
May 12, 2023 8:38 PM
Oct 2019
That dude coming out of nowhere and be a important character lol
May 12, 2023 8:49 PM

Jan 2018
Lol. Both Vinland Saga and Dr. Stone opened with a CGI boat scene. But these two anime couldn't be more different from each other.

Man. This series was first written when there were only 7 billion people on Earth. It feels weird to hear now cos we've crossed 8 billion. Yay, humanity?

I was a bit confused about the origin of the people in the Ishigami village. This episode cleared up all my confusion.

It was great to see Byakuya and his astronaut friends in the flashback again.
May 12, 2023 9:19 PM

Jan 2009
they gonna get platinum this time to an island once home by the astronauts and there are other people there too
May 12, 2023 10:37 PM
Oct 2016
A hidden ally in our midst. The mysterious man names Soyuz, whom was living in the village all this time unbeknownst to most of the other villagers. Drifting ashore when he was a baby having few memories of where he originally came from. Now he can help lead them to his home island where there's something Senku needs to revive humanity. Senku and crew have to find a new way to make revival fluid since the cave was destroyed last season. Even that method was flawed since it took days to make even a small amount. With the mineral platinum however they could make infinite revival fluid. There would be no need to be selective about whom they revive, just bring everyone back and begin rebuilding the world. Getting to this treasure Island where the one hundred tales of the village started. The astronauts whom survived the petrification thousands of years ago didn't actually land where the village is now. They landed on an island a good distance away with the goal for their ancestors to one day reach Japan. Which they obviously did but had to split from the island people and become their own group. Senku knows that his dad kept some precious minerals and ores on the island inside their space capsule since it could preserve them. Hidden away on this treasure island where there's definitely other people living who might not like new visitors coming to take something.
May 12, 2023 10:57 PM

Jul 2020
We are finally about to be introduced to the next group of descendants. The rest of the season should be great!
May 13, 2023 12:18 AM

May 2020
another bombshell was dropped
civilization exists on another island as well
still don't understand how the guys from the other island remembers his name seeing as he was just a baby when he came to ishigami village
anyways another amazing ep
cant wait for the next one
Homura24Jul 7, 2023 11:48 PM

May 13, 2023 1:43 AM
May 2021
Senku the Goat of science!!
May 13, 2023 2:12 AM

May 2010
Damn, call me overly emotional but I had to pause and teared up a bit during the flashback to Byakuya. Last we saw/heard him was back in S1. It still hurts being fully aware that the original voice actor (Keiji Fujiwara) is gone. This man voiced a few best dads in anime. Hughes, Byakuya, Father Fujimoto, Leorio (you can't convince me Leorio isn't a better father to Gon than Ging lol). Would love to know who replaced him.

Other than that, great episode as always.
May 13, 2023 3:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A treasure island, this is actually so cool, time to find the older spaceship to find platinum and revive everyone! Good thing that the travel was fast lol
May 13, 2023 3:50 AM
Aug 2021
new twit was a nice episode with a twist haha. the guy has some shield type on his back which has some meaning ?
May 13, 2023 4:10 AM
Aug 2020
It's a shame the VA of Byakuya, Fujiwara Keiji died from cancer in 2020. The badass sounding voice the VA had fit perfectly for Byakuya. Not a big fan of the new one.

May 13, 2023 5:26 AM

Jun 2019
Can't wait to see who are we gonna meet on the island. Definitely could be someone who is more advanced than us. Science is beautiful and exhilarating.
May 13, 2023 7:24 AM

Feb 2021
Can't wait to see the next episode about the treasure island where platinum and other strange people that habit on there!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 13, 2023 7:51 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
If only You from Love Live sunshine were here, we’d get one of the greatest “Yousoro”s ever lol. But man it feels good to be out at sea finally after all the buildup to this ship, and we learned a lot during the trip. As it turns out, the island is inhabited which I kinda figured from the OP so it’ll be really interesting to see once they get there, tho I kinda wish the information wasn’t revealed by some random character we’ve never met until now lol, but I don’t think it’s a big asspull, the reason for us not meeting him makes sense after all, but now I just wonder how he remembers stuff from when he was a baby lol, I wonder if it’ll be a similar explanation that was in another popular show.

I also enjoyed the little bit where we saw the ship’s interior, it was simplistic looking but fun. And I also loved getting to see a bit more of the astronauts again after so long, the amount of things they did for future generations is just insane, and it looks like a treasure box they left behind is gonna be the key to making infinite revival fluid thanks to the platinum contained within, tho I don’t think it’ll be easy to get it with the new info revealed. Really looking forward to when they arrive paired with the storm giving them the element of surprise!
May 13, 2023 2:13 PM
Dec 2019
I think it was very good!
May 13, 2023 3:20 PM

Feb 2012
Back to the story of the astronaut survivors, hard to believe Season 1 was so long ago! In every age, there are curious minds like Chrome, the kind of minds Byakuya bet would find in the treasure box filled with the most precious and useful substances. Ruri took all night and she was only up to 8 lmao. The conspicuous background character is revealed to have a connection to the treasure island and the box on it, Soyuz. Time to meet Ishigami village's distant cousins, will they encounter people who've developed science independently of them?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 13, 2023 6:12 PM

Jun 2015
This arc is gonna be wild, brace yourselves. But in 11 episodes we're not going to deep on it
May 13, 2023 6:56 PM
Feb 2021
buenardo la verdad 20/10
May 13, 2023 7:43 PM

Aug 2019
Yes!! We’re so close to treasure island!!
May 13, 2023 10:31 PM

Mar 2023
once again a 10/10! every episode always seems to amaze me! honestly i knew that guy with the head scar was gonna be important since he was in the op but now knowing that he was lost at sea as a baby AND with having the same birth name as the space ship is so exciting!! obviously there is gonna be some type of conflict with new enemies on the island but i am so excited to see what they find there.
My Candys!

May 14, 2023 4:04 AM

Apr 2018
Just caught up with Dr Stone and I absolutely loved the last episode. This episode was pretty interesting with the No-Name character showing up aka Soyez. Which is also the spaceship they're going to, to get the treasure ship. The comedy is as good as always./

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 14, 2023 4:21 AM
Apr 2023
I really thought it was gonna be titanium when they showed the space craft because the material itself has to be made in a vacuum in order to be strong.

Also, it didn’t look like they tied down the mobile science lab on the ship. That could be very disastrous if anything breaks.
May 14, 2023 10:21 AM
Feb 2020
it was an amazing reveal that there was another village on treasure island!
and i love that the bald guy with the scar on his dead was from treasure island and hes so nice hes so cool and chill
great episode as always
maybe the best episode of the season
May 14, 2023 10:42 AM
May 2020
the island of distant relatives, tuff
May 14, 2023 11:43 AM

Mar 2018
I have a question? Didn't Byakuya and team land there in what is now, Ishigami village, so why does treasure island has the Soyuz craft? Someone please clear this up.

Another problem, How did Soyuz(the character) know of his own name when all he was, was a baby? Did his adoptive mother tell him? How did she come to know in the first place?
May 14, 2023 7:13 PM
May 2021
Oh shit, get your towels ready
It's about to go down
Everybody in the place hit the fucking deck
But stay on your motherfucking toes
We running this, let's go
I'm on a boat, I'm on a boat
Everybody look at me
'Cause I'm sailing on a boat
Take a good hard look
At the motherfucking boat
I'm on a boat motherfucker, take a look at me
Straight flowing on a boat on the deep blue sea
Busting five knots, wind whipping out my coat
You can't stop me motherfucker, 'cause I'm on a boat
Take a picture, trick, I'm on a boat, bitch
We drinking Santana champ 'cause it's so crisp
I got my swim trunks and my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping burgers, you at Kinko's
Straight flipping copies
I'm riding on a dolphin, doing flips and shit
This dolphin's splashing, getting everybody all wet
But this ain't Seaworld, this is real as it gets
I'm on a boat, motherfucker, don't you ever forget
I'm on a boat and it's going fast and
I got a nautical themed, Pashmina Afghan
I'm the king of the world, on a boat like Leo
If you're on the shore, then you're sure not me, oh
Get the fuck up, this boat is real
Fuck land, I'm on a boat, motherfucker
Fuck trees, I climb buoys, motherfucker
I'm on the deck with my boys, motherfucker
This boat engine make noise, motherfucker
Hey ma, if you could see me now
Arms spread wide on the starboard bow
Gonna fly this boat to the moon somehow
Like Kevin Garnett, anything is possible
Yeah, never thought I'd be on a boat
It's a big blue watery road
Poseidon, look at me, oh, all hands on deck
Never thought I'd see the day
When a big boat coming my way
Believe me when I say I fucked a mermaid
Everybody look at me
'Cause I'm sailing on a boat
Take a good hard look
At the motherfucking boat
May 15, 2023 1:49 AM
Mar 2022
because is cool and i learn new
May 15, 2023 2:37 AM
Jan 2020
Man,Ryusui is hella cool... I remember being annoyed by him when I was reading the manga, but he grew on me... and I liked him more in the anime :>
May 15, 2023 2:52 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Totally forgo about the OG island.
May 15, 2023 4:01 AM

Jan 2011
A friend says this is when the series really gets "Started" so I can't wait but it's crazy since what has happened already was really fucking good.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 15, 2023 5:37 AM

Oct 2017
The reveal was nice and they have reached the island. Let's see how things will go.
May 15, 2023 4:13 PM
Mar 2023
wow!! They really take the science thing seriously.
The explanation for the Gene is Dunbar's Theory, and according to this theory, people can "manage" up to 150 relationships, whether in early hunter-gatherer societies or in the modern workplace. I bring it up because due to social networks people think they have more friends, but as the mentalist explains it well, the brain 🧠 only remembers a maximum of 150 and the rest is unsustainable.
May 16, 2023 9:42 AM

Mar 2018
Well this is surprising. It has been 3 days and we only have a page's worth of replies. Where are the people? Are people not watching this show even though it has over 300K members? Or did so many people unanimously decided to not comment? Strange indeed.
May 16, 2023 9:50 AM

May 2015
Little One Piece vibes.
May 16, 2023 1:10 PM

Sep 2020
It's impressive that she can remember so many stories, also the origin of the village is finally revealed, it's all connected, wonder what is left on the island.
May 16, 2023 5:07 PM
Jul 2017
okay chapter with a big reveal. i wish a rando character didn't turn out to be an inhabitant of treasure island. they could have executed that better
May 16, 2023 10:44 PM

Nov 2009
BTW, the episode starts with Senku saying they're going to save all 7 billion people huh...

But at this point, I am pretty sure there's less than 1 billion people. Since we've already seen bunch of people being broken in half, into pieces or buried by nature after 3000+ years... (even if they didn't get hit by other people)

So if they get "revived" while being broken or buried, I am pretty sure they'll die almost instantly LOL.

___ ___ ___

And Ruri tells the "hundred tales", that's actually an impressive memory, since each tale is fairly long and they're not written down, it's purely memory that's passed down for 3000 years...

Tho... I do wonder why they never written it down? I am fairly sure they should at least had materials to write down stuff...

And they're saying how durable space capsules are... but we know for a fact they're not actually that durable as Real Life spacecrafts doesn't actually last that long without constant maintenance.

Most spacecrafts after going through Earth's Atmosphere actually have a lot of wear dealt to the outside of the spacecraft after having to go through 3000+ degree of heat.

Also, apparently one of the random dude has no name and he's actually from a different village. However... HOW THE HELL does he know he's named Soyuz? when he arrived to Ishigami as a baby... (unless this guy has memories of things he's heard as a 1 or 2 year old baby... holy fuck, who here remember things when they're 2 years old?)

And they had to go though a storm, similar to the one that hit Senku's dad when those 2 ppls went out but never returned. Difference is... Senku has an actual metal Yacht and Senku's dad just had simple wooden boat.

Other note... Just realized on the "WHY" from previous episodes... WHY does Senku keep on thinking the "petrifying glow" is from Japan? we know it appeared from the North based on season 1 and the Openings... that's fairly far away from Japan. It's should be near Russia... so it's nearly impossible for their "radio radar" to even detect frequencies from all the way in Russia to began with... LOL
amlgMay 16, 2023 10:49 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 17, 2023 3:32 AM

Aug 2012
One comment: Dunbar number is bullshit. Also a battalion even in an roman army had many groups to 50 to 100 soldiers, so again bs. Then you have the average size of a city/village where you know most people close enough is about 10000. So again bs. basically history proves that Dunbar's number as most things in psychology is bs
May 17, 2023 3:41 AM

Aug 2012
amlg said:
BTW, the episode starts with Senku saying they're going to save all 7 billion people huh...

But at this point, I am pretty sure there's less than 1 billion people.  Since we've already seen bunch of people being broken in half, into pieces or buried by nature after 3000+ years... (even if they didn't get hit by other people)

So if they get "revived" while being broken or buried, I am pretty sure they'll die almost instantly LOL.

___ ___ ___

And Ruri tells the "hundred tales", that's actually an impressive memory, since each tale is fairly long and they're not written down, it's purely memory that's passed down for 3000 years...

Tho... I do wonder why they never written it down? I am fairly sure they should at least had materials to write down stuff...

And they're saying how durable space capsules are... but we know for a fact they're not actually that durable as Real Life spacecrafts doesn't actually last that long without constant maintenance.

Most spacecrafts after going through Earth's Atmosphere actually have a lot of wear dealt to the outside of the spacecraft after having to go through 3000+ degree of heat.

Also, apparently one of the random dude has no name and he's actually from a different village.  However... HOW THE HELL does he know he's named Soyuz? when he arrived to Ishigami as a baby... (unless this guy has memories of things he's heard as a 1 or 2 year old baby... holy fuck, who here remember things when they're 2 years old?)

And they had to go though a storm, similar to the one that hit Senku's dad when those 2 ppls went out but never returned.  Difference is... Senku has an actual metal Yacht and Senku's dad just had simple wooden boat.

Other note... Just realized on the "WHY" from previous episodes... WHY does Senku keep on thinking the "petrifying glow" is from Japan? we know it appeared from the North based on season 1 and the Openings... that's fairly far away from Japan. It's should be near Russia... so it's nearly impossible for their "radio radar" to even detect frequencies from all the way in Russia to began with... LOL
It depends with what is coated, about the capsule. Technically they will not last unless you coat it with something like silver .  About writing the idea was the whole theory of a cyclic destruction of human civilisation on our planet . The problem is that the adults would teach children how to write... and how the bookworm reincarnation anime proved there are plenty of ways to do this. Of course the question would be in what language... Languages like japanesse and chinese have a deprecated adn way too complex way of writting so passing things orally would be better. On the other hand russian, english, romance languages,  greek, all have simple alphabets and are extremely easy to pass down... About the wooden boat they are much more durable than people like to think. They can last even storms. The biggest problem on a boat without an engine is dying of thirst with no wind not sinking. As a note more steel boats sinked than wood boats because... drumroll ... wood floats. And agree with the radio waves thing. About the baby... if it were 1-2 years old it would make sense as around 1 year and a hald children learn how to speak and say their name, but he seemed much smaller than that.
Also another question: how do they navigate? the stars changed a lot and also how the continents look especially in areas with high seismic activity like Japan
nightcrawlercypMay 17, 2023 4:10 AM
May 17, 2023 4:39 AM

Dec 2020
So the Treasure Island is inhabited huh. We are halfway through the first cour now. 
May 18, 2023 8:22 PM

Apr 2015
Finally something directly addressing petrification, eh? Didn't expect it so soon, but I suppose it's about time.
May 19, 2023 3:05 AM
Jul 2020
CANT WAIT NEXT EP I'M SO EXCITED
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2023

103 by Muow »»
May 14, 6:09 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2023

192 by Muow »»
May 14, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2023

185 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 8, 10:25 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2023

94 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 7, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2023

108 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 7, 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.