Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2023 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
This show had scenes you'd not find often in rom-coms in the opening minutes. However, I love the character emotions and expressions in this episode. 

I thought they got down Kyoutarou's personality pretty well in terms of content. Same with Anna's character. Moeko also got introduced but the main leads caught my attention the most. Anna in particular was adorable in her unique way.
Apr 1, 2023 10:00 AM

May 2020
Now here’s our main dude, Ichikawa Kyoutarou, who may seem like any normal middle schooler but his thoughts… aren't normal, and they actually aren’t but atleast he accepts that. Though things about killing, brutally killing aren’t there to be taken seriously. Blame the kind of books he read, I mean middle schoolers can be easily swayed lol. SO DON’T SEE HIM AS SOMEONE DERANGED, OR OF UNSOUND MIND.

Prettiest girl of the town, Yamada Anna, who may not seem like an eighth grader.. physically, but is actually pretty absent minded, I mean look dude tried so hard to avoid the gazes of people on her teary-face, to the point of embarrassing himself but what she was worked about was seeing a helicopter outside lol. That’s just how she is after all.

Back to the library, and well it’s pretty evident Yamada and Ichikawa get along well already, she covered up for his eavesdropping after all, though it wasn’t something intentional(kind of) from dude, but still getting help from her is all that matters. 

Hell yeah, we got that crashing bicycle thing in the first episode itself. Stay out of the way fucking way your orange haired womanizer wannabe. It's again Ichikawa who earned more points in the end.

It’s a fine series, and it was one fine first episode. Now I just wonder where they’ll stop with these 12 episodes.
Apr 1, 2023 10:00 AM

Jul 2017
Seen a lotta buzz about this manga series, and for good reason: it's a romantic love-killing.

The murder fanatic Kyoutaro Ichikawa wanting to murder his classmates in cold blood, especially this girl that gets on his nerves: the beautiful model and student Anna Yamada. Seeing her acting strange in the library, and other than working for the class Social Studies presentation, she's unfazed by his actions, seeing it as a romantic subtext. Hah, being played by Anna, Kyoutaro feels the exhilaration. The box cutter is returned to Kyoutaro placed on his table, though the presentation is met with a deadface from Anna, whom when it became Kyoutaro's turn, he tore his paper to avoid people seeing Anna's tears from a helicopter outside...which that is a misunderstanding.

The only girl whom the Uggo Kenta Kanzaki likes, Hara Honoka, the prospect of the Uggo having a pervy fetish interest for the chubby girl while Kyoutaro overhears from behind the library shelves with Anna, both him and her begin this cat-voiced murmuring fight that thankfully, ends with a good collaboration and makes both Kenta and Hara grow closer. Kyoutaro going to the bookstore to purchase his own murder material, and the know-how of Anna's publication magazine CiEL to get noticed by ordinary people, she's expecting too much. And sure enough, her modeling impresses so much that she feels like somebody else. But being a model, she has no short of guys trying to pick her up and playing hard to get, while Kyoutaro covertly follows behind them. But the harassment got so bad that other than her friend Chihiro noticing it, he decides to act instinctively and throw his bicycle down the slope to save her skin.

Yorushika's OP is really good, and a good start to this show.

The Dangers in My Heart? More like, the Dangers in Our Hearts. This is going to be a wholesome rom-com.
KANLen09Apr 1, 2023 7:46 PM
Apr 1, 2023 10:03 AM
Aug 2022
Wow man!!

To be honest I felt cringe watching Yamada-san hitting by that jerk(Haruya). Should I worry about him? well we'll find in upcoming episodes but I hope Haruya not to be stay with Ichikawa-kun's love interest.
His desires for murdering will definitely chance one day because of her(Yamada-san) existence. & he'll change for her.
I really started liking this show from the start.
I really like the emotions flowing through in this anime.
the opening song which Broadcasted in the end was Awesome.
She is really cute.💘💕

Thanks for watching 1st episode illustration.
Ricky16Apr 2, 2023 1:07 AM
Apr 1, 2023 11:24 AM

Apr 2016
I was not expecting the main girl being this ... awkward ? I guess is the word, but man, i'm positively surprised by it tho. One thing i was wondering, is the main-kun such a midget or is the girl so tall ? 

ALSO THE ENDING (WHICH IS THE OPENING) IS AN ABSOLUTE BANGER.
Apr 1, 2023 11:34 AM

Nov 2016
Very wholesome premise for a school comedy, I see nothing wrong with it at all. Well, maybe only that Kyoutaro isn't catching bodies. That would be funnier.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 1, 2023 11:39 AM

Jun 2019
The first episode was so cute. Yamada was adorable and funny at times and the same goes for Ichikawa who was always watching her from the sides. Yamada does have a cringe-worthy side to her but it's fun to watch. LOL.

My goodness... that OST from Kensuke Ushio was so beautiful. Man's gonna carry the Spring season. So good and the same goes for the OP. So god damn good.
Apr 1, 2023 11:41 AM

Mar 2020
A pretty solid premiere here, and some of the animation really impressed me. Kyoutaro and Anna are going to have quite a fascinating dynamic, and I wonder if there's more to Anna's seemingly endless eating habits than meets the eye. They really nailed the character expressions with this one, and it's going to be quite a joy to watch this one. The boys in this school are all really odd, some of them just outright scummy, and that's a little hilarious to be honest. Should be a fun time overall.
Apr 1, 2023 11:52 AM

Mar 2021
Solid opening Yamada is cute and the OP music is fantastic
Apr 1, 2023 11:52 AM

Nov 2011
I love Yamada already. She's such a free spirited character it seems like. Combined with a slight airheadedness she's really enjoyable!
Honestly I am surprised how much I like Ichikawa as well.

The show started off pretty serious but that went away rather quickly.

I thought the Library/Cat Scene was so damn good!

It kinda has a Takagi vibe to it where he's just watching the main girl and I am okay with it but I want him to act more on a personal level with her too.

but that comes with development that I am looking forward to.

Oh and I thought the BGM and the art was very good.

Yamada is kind of a Giant as well. Curious if they list her height anywhere.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 1, 2023 11:55 AM
Mar 2021
Let's go! This is one of my most anticipated show of this season
Apr 1, 2023 11:56 AM

Oct 2017
So glad to finally see it animated, Anna chan's so cute and she's amusing with her antics. Kyoutarou on the other hand is out for blood. I like the interactions between the two and it's gonna get much more sweeter with every episode. I know it'll be long while till we get here but hoping to see this animated someday.
Apr 1, 2023 11:57 AM

Mar 2021
It is very rare that I am familiar with an anime's source material prior to seeing the anime (I do not read a lot of manga or light novels, for the most part). However, this is one manga I started reading on a whim a few years ago and ended up liking a lot, so I was really concerned how my biases and preconceived impressions would impact my enjoyment of the show. (Or worse, that the quality of the show was so abysmal that I would just end up incredibly disappointed. Watching material you love get absolutely wrecked in adaptation is just soul crushing.)

That being said, I could not be happier at how the production has been handled to this point. The animation looks smooth and dynamic, the music is interesting, and voice actors really bring the characters to life. Even compared to a lot of other recent high school rom-com anime that I really enjoyed, this seems pretty high quality. This will definitely be one I am looking forward to every week.
Apr 1, 2023 12:02 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was uh

Kinda weird

Dunno if I like it but you can't say it doesn't have an unusual MC at least
Apr 1, 2023 12:13 PM
Jan 2023
THE MAIN GIRL IS AWKWARD!?!? One in a million I swear

But seriously I’m looking forward to the rest of this anime,it seems pretty fucking funny & cute sooo yeah
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2023 12:18 PM
May 2020
Yo, what the hell is with the score?, I thought ep 1 was on point
Apr 1, 2023 12:20 PM

Dec 2021
Day by day romcoms are getting weirder and weirder.

"𝑰𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒔, 𝑰 𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒔?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Apr 1, 2023 12:24 PM

May 2022
I went into this anime not knowing too much about it and this first episode was so funny. I loved Ichikawa’s inner monologue, especially when he’s observing Yamada. Yamada herself is an adorable goofball. I can tell I’ll be looking forward to this show each week.
Apr 1, 2023 12:24 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wow thats quite the book title and desire as well. To think that the class idol has such a cute side to her. Funny in that Kyoutarou's impression of Anna changed so much after their first meeting. I guess simple things are what Yamada likes best. The library scene with the cat growls was adorable. Overall a pretty interesting opening ep with Yamada being the true enigma here. But the chemistry between the two really was fun to see.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2023 12:26 PM
May 2020
Are anime onlys rlly doing dis rn?
Apr 1, 2023 12:28 PM

Jul 2011
I guess is good to be ready to cut some boxes open. And forget that is dangerous the box cutter in the pocket.

"Is weird go inside the books using a uniform." Proceed to change into a edgy outfit.
Apr 1, 2023 12:35 PM

Feb 2022
Wow, Yamada seems like a giant - which fits as her name as the start is, Mountain - , as well as a bit of a pig lol

Ichikawa - which is something like, One River - saved the girl and got use of of the magazine lol

Well, Kenta has got a fatty fetish and he let Hara know, well done

Ok, i like it so far
Apr 1, 2023 12:36 PM

Mar 2014
Whaaat how are you all able to watch this? what streaming service is it available on?
🌙

I wish you an ounce of luck
Apr 1, 2023 12:39 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Adorable first episode, this. Main character seems to have a weakness for Yamada-san and their various interactions were both hilarious and wholesome to watch. 

Didn't think she'd literally be in the store just to enjoy her magazine feature, xD. She sure tried though, thanks to the MC for buying it eventually. 

And that last segment! Man literally sacrificed his bicycle there, that takes serious guts. 

I feel like it could get a bit repetitive along the line but I've a better impression of this than last season's Kubo-san for the time being (since many have already started to make the obvious comparison). Kenta and Hara-san's relationship should be fun to watch as well. 

Yorushika's Op theme, more of the same good ol' stuff from them, love it!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 1, 2023 12:41 PM
Apr 2022
Joshukure said:
Yo, what the hell is with the score?, I thought ep 1 was on point
Fr, it’s gonna grow with time but I still think it’s a bit low, though I’m sure by the end of the season it’ll be around a 7.9 like the manga
Apr 1, 2023 12:44 PM
Feb 2021
absolutelynormal said:
It is very rare that I am familiar with an anime's source material prior to seeing the anime (I do not read a lot of manga or light novels, for the most part). However, this is one manga I started reading on a whim a few years ago and ended up liking a lot, so I was really concerned how my biases and preconceived impressions would impact my enjoyment of the show. (Or worse, that the quality of the show was so abysmal that I would just end up incredibly disappointed. Watching material you love get absolutely wrecked in adaptation is just soul crushing.)

That being said, I could not be happier at how the production has been handled to this point. The animation looks smooth and dynamic, the music is interesting, and voice actors really bring the characters to life. Even compared to a lot of other recent high school rom-com anime that I really enjoyed, this seems pretty high quality. This will definitely be one I am looking forward to every week.
I fully endorse your feelings and opinion. I've been reading the manga since summer 2019 and and buying the japanese volumes. I had my worries too. The last thing I wanted this manga to happen was another bland adaption with mediocre production values and rushed character introductions, but this first episode was really well done and exceeded my expectations. It's slow and atmospheric in a good way and brings out the manga's charm. I hope the following episodes will continue slowly building up the romance between Kyotaro a Anna. There are some key scenes from the manga I'm looking for, such as the one in the elevator, or eating outside together in front af a combini. 
Apr 1, 2023 12:49 PM

Jan 2021
At first i thought that this anime reminded me of Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible but damn was I wrong about that lmao. 

Kyoutarou has one thing on his mind, killing Anna apparently because he can't stand her or something, when the lunch break is going on Kyoutarou goes to the library to get some rest for himself but what he doesn't know is that Anna is also there and eating by herself, maybe she doesn't want others to see how she eats, anyhow Kyoutarou notices her and goes and hides behind the bookshelf, when he notices that Anna is making a poster for something he gives his razor (or however you call it) to her, which she gladly accepts, she was happy with the outcome that she did, when its time to do the presentation one of Anna's friends suggests to use on of hers because Anna left an chocolate stain behind, which she agrees on but she didn't look happy at all with that decision, when the presentation is done, Anna bursts into tears and Kyoutarou notices that when he was in-front of the class giving their presentation, at that moment an helicopter or something used for the military flies by, Kyoutarou doesn't want people to stare at Anna while she is crying so he proceeds to damage the whole presentation paper, smart move i must say, when its time to go home Kyoutarou finds the place where apparently Anna is in a magazine, but he doesn't want to go dressed that way so he puts on another clothes, what he doesn't know is that Anna is in that exact same shop lmao, when Kyoutarou notices her he goes into hiding again, 2 girls are interested in the magazine and Anna tries to catch the attention of theirs, the 2 girls are creeped out about it and leave the store, Anna then proceeds to put her magazine on another magazine but that doesn't work out as the store clerk sees that, then she sees something with signatures but that doesn't work out as well, she then leaves the store, Kyoutarou being home decides to read the magazine but then throws it away and later picks it up again, so yeah. I actually found it funny when Kyoutarou & Anna were making those cat noises, Kenta & Honoka must've thought that they were real cats lol.

Its the next day and Kyoutarou has heavy bags under his eyes because he didn't catch much sleep, he sees Anna with an boy, the boy asks Anna to add him on LINE, Anna says to the boy that she doesn't know what LINE is, the boy finds her funny, when Anna wants to leave the boy grabs her by her arm, Anna agrees to add him on LINE, but Kyoutarou in that moment slides his bicycle in a rapid speed from an hill and the bike lands in the water, causing an distraction because everyone went to see what happened, Chihiro said to Anna that Kyoutarou did it and Anna found that funny. 

What an good begin to an anime, I hope it goes on like this.
Apr 1, 2023 12:54 PM
Oct 2022
Knighthammer619 said:
Wow, Yamada seems like a giant - which fits as her name as the start is, Mountain - , as well as a bit of a pig lol

Ichikawa - which is something like, One River - saved the girl and got use of of the magazine lol

Well, Kenta has got a fatty fetish and he let Hara know, well done

Ok, i like it so far

and they nerfed her hight, she was so tall kyo's head was same level as her boobs (there was a lift scene in the manga)

Apr 1, 2023 12:55 PM
Oct 2022
purplemoon_ said:
Whaaat how are you all able to watch this? what streaming service is it available on?

hidive if you want to watch legally

Apr 1, 2023 12:56 PM
Oct 2020
Wasn't expecting to see a fat fetish today
Apr 1, 2023 12:57 PM

Oct 2022
It was pretty cute and funny. Idg why it gets such low rating after just 1 episode……… sad

👻🎃 🎃👻

Apr 1, 2023 1:02 PM

Mar 2014
ogblynz said:
purplemoon_ said:

hidive if you want to watch legally
Okay thank you! :)
🌙

I wish you an ounce of luck
Apr 1, 2023 1:04 PM

Jun 2017
This was pretty fun, both of them have some screws loose. lol
Apr 1, 2023 1:05 PM

Feb 2022
puddinz said:
It was pretty cute and funny. Idg why it gets such low rating after just 1 episode……… sad

Same, deserves a lot higher imo
Apr 1, 2023 1:06 PM

Nov 2014
Ngl Hara part was really funny.
Apr 1, 2023 1:09 PM

May 2018
That was weird ngl. Not really sure if I like it, there are some big cringe moments happening here, but at the same it's interesting to see an unusual romcom. Let's see how this goes...

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 1, 2023 1:22 PM
Apr 2022
this anime is very interesting
Apr 1, 2023 1:24 PM

Dec 2021
Yeah no thanks. 5 mins in and I can tell I don't want to watch this. Maybe he gets better with time but this is fucking weird. I remember feeling the same when I tried reading it.
Apr 1, 2023 1:33 PM

May 2016
I had forgotten how cringe Ichi was at the beginning; looks like it's going to be a great adaptation!
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Apr 1, 2023 1:42 PM
Nov 2022
Really good! First episode is already made me several laughs. I really liked the background music, it reminded me a bit of the background of
Yuru Camp and Non Non Biyori.

Apr 1, 2023 1:49 PM

Oct 2018
Kind of a weird one. It was funny mainly for the direction in which the jokes went but till how long that will be sustainable, is the question. Other than that, there's not much, has it's cringey moments which both feel intentional as well as unintentional. Oh, there's also Ushio's score, but between this and Tengoku, it's pretty obvious what the clear winner here is.

"USE"

Apr 1, 2023 1:55 PM
Oct 2022
Etherius_ZS said:
Kind of a weird one. It was funny mainly for the direction in which the jokes went but till how long that will be sustainable, is the question. Other than that, there's not much, has it's cringey moments which both feel intentional as well as unintentional. Oh, there's also Ushio's score, but between this and Tengoku, it's pretty obvious what the clear winner here is.

"USE"

he didn't slept much as he said

Apr 1, 2023 2:01 PM
Jun 2020
I won't lie: in the first minutes I understood his wish to kill her.
Apr 1, 2023 2:01 PM

Jan 2022
Komi can't communicate, and Watashi ga motenai no wa dou kangaetemo Omaera ga warui mixed into one show.
Apr 1, 2023 2:07 PM

Mar 2014
Yamada is very funny and cute mI really like her but Ichikawa on the other hand I don't like him at all, he got the same vibe as Kuzuya
Apr 1, 2023 2:10 PM
Mar 2021
Glad to put this on low expectation, so I won't feel getting betrayed or disappointed at all. One of most anticipated romcoms seems ruining many people hype. That's why it gets so low score at start I guess.

Tbh, I don't really feel enjoyed as much as people said in the first episode. I don't get the diabetees part as manga reader said. All I can see just alot fan services from a middle high schooler girl as a main heroine, then an edgy-lord wannabe male MC as a serial killer to do stalking and weird things. Also decent animation.
Apr 1, 2023 2:42 PM

Jan 2021
It's weird, I actually enjoyed this episode and had fun with it, I can't believe this from a new romcom I didn't watch a previous season of already.
Ionliosite2Apr 1, 2023 3:16 PM
Apr 1, 2023 3:01 PM
Jul 2015
Shimura27 said:
I don't get the diabetees part as manga reader said
I didn't exactly get it either from the first episode. But - as a reader of the manga as well - let me tell you that it's there. A plus of the manga (any manga, really) just is that you can speedread to where it gets better. This may have a bit of a slow start.
Apr 1, 2023 3:07 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty interesting premiere. The animation and artstyle is quite impressive for a rom-com/sol so far.

Not gonna lie, Ichikawa is quite cringe with both his internal and external delusions. But I guess I'll just endure it for a while, fans from the manga say this is pretty much the bread and butter of the series and here I'm hoping some development from him in the long run.
Apr 1, 2023 3:26 PM
Feb 2021
I honestly expected this to have a rating similar to Yamada at Lv999, around a 7.6
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

135 by ichigo_rafi »»
May 21, 2:03 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

370 by Zoopiez »»
May 18, 2:44 PM

» The femal cast support the MC too fast?

passtur - Apr 15

23 by Zoopiez »»
May 18, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

255 by Zoopiez »»
May 18, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2023

216 by Playcool »»
Apr 29, 3:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.