Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 20, 2023 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
Ah, it's entertaining to see some drama in town especially in the England region.

Not sure how I feel about Leif but it reminds us how his character is still around this season and he displays the familiar personality as I had remembered. It's also interesting to see Canut's continuous growth and how he maintains his role. 
Mar 20, 2023 9:19 AM

May 2020
Watching Canute of the past and then his current self are like looking at two completely different things. Him who used to be the very image of fickleness in his youth is now giving his all to be the ruler whom people should fear. Liked watching him spar with his comrade. Though being a king of such a huge army, you’ve to ensure ways such that the numbers might never diminish. And that's when imposing taxes and all comes into play, but then again imposing a huge increase just so to feed the army wouldn’t be seen as a move in the will of citizens when it hasn’t been a week since Canute succeeded the throne of Denmark yet. So there comes the move of utilizing the huge wealth of few wealthy beings.

Ketil’s timing couldn’t be anymore impeccable, as he requested the assistance of Canute now that he lost the backing of Harald and thus became a pawn of Canute’s scheme of exploiting the wealthiest, without even knowing, for the sake of peace he says. Pretty huge relevance this holds for the things coming later down the line. Also so does the presence of Leif, now that he got a clue as to where Thorfinn might be.
Mar 20, 2023 9:30 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like Canute has even more work on his hands now that he's the new king and to maintain his reign, one does need that wealth and so is Canute planning for that in his own ways. Canute who resented swords now has to learn how to use swords that one would've never imagined.

Ketil who's here to look for King Harald found out about the news of his death and so now he has to find another way. Olmar is still immature as always and Leif is still a kind man. It's always a pleasure to have him on this show. Another great episode and looks like things are moving gradually from here on out.
Mar 20, 2023 9:59 AM

Jul 2017
The king and his sword: Canute is still the same versatile king that he is, with his practice duel with Wulf only won once out of 5 because of the distraction from Princess Estrid. But the price to pay for securing England, other than trying to squeeze Denmark dry, is the expansion of land for the people in a way that doesn't negate to his loss.

Ketil coming back to Jelling the week after King Harald passed away, it looks as if he's lost a major backing. But his 20-year-old son Olmar is an entitled idiot through and through, and it has to take the Iron Fist himself to de-escalate the situation against Thorfinn the Bug-Eyes, whose father is Leif himself, remembering the original Thors's son for a much-needed reunion. based on Ketil's description, it looks as if Leif have found the real deal, and meeting Canute with great expectation, he's relieved. But Olmar insisting to join Canute's ranks, he's just all talk and no effort of Canute testing him trying to slice a roasted pig down, and should be ashamed of himself trying to challenge Canute. The foolish young Nordic man being a target, and Ketil's farm on the chopping board, welp...

Slow, but great.
Mar 20, 2023 10:01 AM

Feb 2019
Lets take a moment to appreciate how Leif spent YEARS looking for thorfinn. That’s a real friend. Never gave up.

Canute continues to think outside the box and reinvent what it means to be a Viking king. Requisitioning the farms is a cruel but efficient technique to satisfy the general population while maintaining the army in England.

Olmar dumbass can’t even cut a pig nonetheless a person and wants to fight 💀 toxic masculinity in medieval Scandinavia was insane.
Marinate1016Mar 20, 2023 10:07 AM
Mar 20, 2023 10:03 AM
May 2021
Am loving the build-up tho, this ep we got alot of info about what Canute is planning to do; excited to see whats gonna happen!
Mar 20, 2023 10:13 AM

Jan 2009
Lief gonna reunite with Thorfinn?

Olmar is embarrassing but Canute is gonna use him to get the farm of Ketil eh
Mar 20, 2023 10:17 AM

Mar 2020
A bit of a transition episode today, with Canute showing his prowess in many ways, and he continues to seem to like a very powerful king. As for Ketil, after the death of King Harald, he wanted to earn the respect of the new king, so he visited Jelling once more to meet with Canute. His idiot son Olmar, who still has no idea what a warrior entails, picked a fight in the town, but with that, Ketil ran into Leif, who after all these years, was still looking for Thorfinn, and he might have gotten an idea of where he is now. He's a real one for looking for him for so long, he's a true friend.

During Ketil's meeting with Canute, Olmar blurted out his wanting to join Canute's army, and so, he is tested on his swordsmanship. He is all bark, and no bite, and it was genuinely hilarious watching him embarrass himself like that. Poor guy doesn't know how cruel war is, he'll regret this soon enough. This foolish man will be the subject of Canute's plans now, as Ketil's farm is headed for a dark turn. A good, but slow episode overall.
Mar 20, 2023 10:17 AM

May 2015
Well, that was embarrassing, but even fools have their use.
Mar 20, 2023 10:22 AM
Aug 2016
Wow, since the past episode, it really feels like that the plot progression has finally started! Canute becomes the king, and wants to secure funds to maintain hold of his power in England. 

His plan: Requisition of profitable resources. 

Ketil's family meets with Leif Ericson's family (FINALLY!), Leif gives description about Thorfinn to Ketil, and it ticks all the boxes of his description. Leif sets to sail the Jutland, in Ketil's farms. Meanwhile, Ketil's family provides the usual gift of farm produce to the new king Canute. Canute, observing the gift has a plan (later revealed to be requisition of Ketil's farm). Olmar, as expected of his stupidity, requests Canute to be in his guard. The challenge given to him: Chop the roasted pig. As expected, he couldn't do it since cutting the bone is not something he can really do given how weak he is. Canute gives a diplomatic answer that he will receive a response tomorrow. While talking with Wulf, a new perspective about having him is using him as a pawn for requisition of Ketil's farm. Episode end.

Wow, that was a great episode. I am starting to think that Canute and Thorfinn might actually meet in the future, if Canute ever visits Ketil's farm. I wonder what kind of conversation both will have, after all these years. 

5/5 episode.
Mar 20, 2023 10:22 AM

Oct 2022
Just wants Leif to reunite with Thorfinn after all this.
Mar 20, 2023 10:23 AM

Oct 2022
I liked the overall content of the episode: one side the Canute’s choice build up in order to gain wealth and the funniest part with the Ketil family (very hilarious the scene with the two dads). I fear for Olmar and how he will be used by the king

Mar 20, 2023 10:23 AM
Aug 2016
Marinate1016 said:
Olmar dumbass can’t even cut a pig nonetheless a person and wants to fight 💀 toxic masculinity in medieval Scandinavia was insane.

OMFG you killed me with this sentence 💀💀💀
Mar 20, 2023 10:24 AM

Feb 2021
I think this is the 3rd time I've seen the OP start at around 7 minute mark in anime
Poor Ketil. His son is such a moron but I can't help but pity him.
Very excited to see Leif reunite with Thorfinn again (if he's actually able to)
Mar 20, 2023 10:27 AM

Jul 2015
As a manga reader I can say this.. the preparation is now completely done.. the REAL FUN BEGINS

the mere fact that we still have 13 eps left gives me GOOSEBUMPS
BOI WE IN FOR A RIDE!

As for the episode.. An episode where Canute acts like a king and boi! what a king he is!
Beautiful and graceful.. and clever.. 
wouldn't mind getting an anal from canute.. (no homo)
Mar 20, 2023 10:30 AM
Oct 2016
Canute plan is going into motion. He's running out of money to fund his army in England. Keeping a force of Danes there in England is a necessity since the English people would never accept Canute openly. Acquiring more money is essential to keeping England occupied. The options for getting more money are limited, raising taxes would be the simplest but citizens unrest would grow. Acquisitions of farm land however would speed up the process and not anger a mass amount of people. Ketil just so happen to have a huge farm that's ripe for the taking. Ketil himself receiving some terrible news about King Harald as soon as he arrived. He didn't even know the king was already dead by the time he left his farm. Canute already having his eyes set on Ketil farm rushing to accept the audience Ketil requested. Looking for any weakness of Ketil to exploit. Don't have to look far since Olmar makes an ass of himself everywhere he goes. The dude hasn't changed one bit since we first meet him, if anything being stuck on the farm has made his pride larger. He couldn't even cut through a cooked pigs bones, all that boasting for such a pathetic display. Olmar is gonna get into some serious trouble one day that his dad won't be able to save him from. Canute wanting to take Ketil farm first is only going to make things worse.

Apr 2013
I love how MAPPA is setting up this part of Farmland by staying in Denmark with Canute and Ketil instead of jumping back and forth with Thorfinn and the farm; it makes for a more enjoyable viewing experience in my eyes. This was a solid setup episode, and next week is about to be so hyped with Thorgil.

In fact, all the content that's left is hype as fuck.

Jun 2014
Canute's change and development from how he was in season 1 to how he is now is night and day. He went from a sniveling coward who could barely talk to others to a king who will get things done through any means necessary. In this case, that means requisitioning land to help fund and sustain his army. I worry for what this means for Ketil and his farm after that cliffhanger. 

It was nice seeing Leif again, and he's STILL searching for Thorfinn after all these years. He's a real one. Olmar being a dumbass to the 10th degree provided some nice comedic moments this week. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 20, 2023 10:50 AM

Dec 2020
Knut has really changed that’s for sure now that he want to take england, was a nice interesting episode with a lot of dialogue.
Finally he sees the real thorfinm back i hope.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Mar 20, 2023 10:54 AM
Apr 2021
I sure hope ketil doesn't die
Mar 20, 2023 11:01 AM
Jan 2021
its fascinating to see how far Canute has grown, I'm also staring to love his scheme of county domination. 
Mar 20, 2023 11:05 AM
Jul 2021
I really enjoyed how much silly anime bullshit was in this episode lol
Mar 20, 2023 11:09 AM

Apr 2014
Really loved the political aspect of this episode. To fiance war you'll need to do everything in your power to get money and Canute is taking the approach I didn't expect. Can't wait to see how it will all play out.

Thought the comedic bits felt a bit out of place, but they're necessary to give some breathing room for the more serious tone of Vinland Saga
Mar 20, 2023 11:21 AM

Jan 2018
Holy shit. Leif is still alive?

This episode had more comedic moments than past episodes. No Thorfinn and Einar either. Still enjoyed it.
Mar 20, 2023 11:23 AM
Jan 2021
Tshandora said:
I really enjoyed how much silly anime bullshit was in this episode lol

nothing felt bullshit to me
Mar 20, 2023 11:30 AM
Jun 2019
Great episode, I liked how Leif Ericson is so close to finally meeting Thorfinn after all these years.
Mar 20, 2023 11:36 AM

Jul 2013
Olmar's scenes were supposed to be funny, but I had a serious second hand embarrassment watching him on-screen, the part of him trying to cut the pig was simply painful.
Mar 20, 2023 11:38 AM

Jul 2022
man i feel bad for ketil and his family, although his son is a dumbass but at least ketil is a good man... sad
Mar 20, 2023 11:40 AM

Sep 2020
Who is VA of Bug-Eyes ?
Mar 20, 2023 11:40 AM

Feb 2019
Geez. Olmar is so embarrassing, I wished the earth would open up and swallow me.

Mar 20, 2023 12:07 PM

Sep 2014
Olmar being the total dumbass he is, gave Canute a reason to take over Ketil's farm and solve North Sea Empire's financial issues. Such a disgraceful display can be interpreted as an insult to Canute and the only way to make up for that Ketil will have to hand his whole farm to the king.

Once again, great episode. Love that we got two back to back episodes from Canute's side instead of going back and forth.
Mar 20, 2023 12:11 PM
Jun 2021
Leif was so close to finally find Thorfinn, he even adopted a son named Thorfinn. Ketil's farm is going to be the first farm to get requisitioned, does that mean Thorfinn and Einar wouldn't be able to leave and still work there? Olmar is definitely a tool for that.. Seems like it will take some episodes to back to Thorfinn.
Mar 20, 2023 12:14 PM

Aug 2018
Bootleg Throfinn.

Mar 20, 2023 12:20 PM

Feb 2012
I guess we're going to a certain plotline later rather than sooner.
Estrid like an audience surrogate, there.
The practice is a microcosm of how Canute fights.
There he is, bug-eyes. I'm glad the studio didn't hold back on bringing these scenes to life so faithfully, sound effects, winding arm motion and all.
Now, where he is, Leif must be...
Leif's within a reach of meeting Thorfinn again and not a false positive like this one. Unfortunately, Ketil's family is about to be caught up in the schemes of Canute here.
Fortress_MaximusMar 20, 2023 4:15 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 20, 2023 12:31 PM

Sep 2017
Maaaaaaan Canute why you gotta make feel bad like that. I love his character but now he's gonna fuck up Thorfinns's thing and that's just not okay. Olmar is such a tool. I'm not looking forward to whatever is going to happen to Ketil's farm.
Mar 20, 2023 12:56 PM

Mar 2020
i called it, he's definitely using Olmar as a card against Ketil to requisition his farm.

WHICH, i'm guessing, leads to the best part:
Thorfinn and Canute meeting again.

A really good season man, im so glad we have 24 episodes
Mar 20, 2023 1:23 PM
May 2021
Olmar was the gag highlight, but either way that farm is fucked.
Mar 20, 2023 1:43 PM
Jan 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Lets take a moment to appreciate how Leif spent YEARS looking for thorfinn. That’s a real friend. Never gave up.

Canute continues to think outside the box and reinvent what it means to be a Viking king. Requisitioning the farms is a cruel but efficient technique to satisfy the general population while maintaining the army in England.

Seeing Leif Erikson made me happy.
Mar 20, 2023 1:48 PM

Jun 2015
Stoked for THAT badass Thorfinn moment in the near future.
uh oh!
Mar 20, 2023 1:57 PM

Aug 2022
Lief is back! I really hope that he and Thorfinn meet again.
Mar 20, 2023 2:03 PM

Apr 2018
Canute's a whole ass different person, even compared to the latest episodes of the first season. He sure is one hell of a king now, a cursed one to be exact. Olmar is the biggest joke ever and seems like he also managed to put Ketil in danger as they will use him. Leif still hasn't given up on searching for Thorrfin and he is very close this time. Hopefully, he'll be able to meet him.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Mar 20, 2023 2:20 PM
Feb 2020
I almost died from second hand emberrasrhment. That kid is beyond stupid
Mar 20, 2023 3:54 PM
Jul 2016
New Thorfinn lmaooooo!!!

But man, Thorfinn and Einar are so fucked lmao. They ain't never getting out of slavery once the land get requisitioned. Not sure if Canute is gonna take kindly to Thorfinn abandoning the battlefield.
Mar 20, 2023 4:01 PM
Aug 2022
incroyable épisode
Mar 20, 2023 4:15 PM

Nov 2016
Fate works in funny ways. Ruthless Canute for the win.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 20, 2023 4:42 PM
Jan 2018
The way they built up all that tension with Canute and let it out with Olmar was truly magnificent. Well done Vinland Saga. Well Done.

The dread of watching a somewhat decent guy like Ketil inch closer and closer to a grisly fate is captivating. In all the worst possible ways. It's gonna be time soon for Thorfinn's pacifism to be put to the test.

Leif is back doing his thing. I'm glad he is a historical character a lot of people know about. Hopefully he didn't die at this point in time in the past so that he continues to live on in the anime. He really is one of the few decent people we have met in either season. As cruel as VS is to good hearted people, I hope he continues to be the one shining light.
Mar 20, 2023 5:00 PM
Aug 2020
Impossible to not enjoy this episode, but at the end, is it possible to be that stupid…
Canute don’t joke anymore…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 20, 2023 5:15 PM

Mar 2016
Olmar, that dumb f*ck!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 20, 2023 5:19 PM

Jan 2016
Illyricus said:
Olmar's scenes were supposed to be funny, but I had a serious second hand embarrassment watching him on-screen, the part of him trying to cut the pig was simply painful.
Never let bro cook again
Mar 20, 2023 5:25 PM

Mar 2010
What a goofy boi tryin to cut dat cooked pig.

The hands of fate are zeroing in on Thorfinn. He can't escaped his destiny.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2023

380 by VibinRenji »»
May 27, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Do you think Thorfinn's worldview is viable?

Shizuna - May 24

27 by zeidXD »»
May 27, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Who is the most handsome Vinland Saga man?

Shizuna - May 24

19 by Genesis007AUT »»
May 26, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

489 by Huperchild »»
May 21, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2023

251 by phantom346 »»
May 21, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.