Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2023 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
Man, the first half of this episode was such a drag...they spent way too much time talking and getting Amelia prepared for her fights. It looks like Ray gave her a bit of motivation.

The fight itself was so-so but got its point across. Amelia truly has become powerful. On the other hand, I'm disappointed in Claris. Thought she'd be more helpful.
Feb 23, 2023 10:05 AM

Feb 2019
Poor Carocaro, ray don’t even acknowledge her when walking in the room lmao

Lets gooo Amelia. Her training with Ray has paid off. All the doubts and insecurities in her head have been erased and that new power up looks amazing.

Was kinda stupid how she was caught off guard by Ariane magic buffs tho. Surely ray should’ve known and told her about ariane using magic to buff her punches and movements lol.

Lmao ray ain’t slick. He was tryna cop a feel. Clarisse got a lil dump truck back there
Marinate1016Feb 23, 2023 10:16 AM
Feb 23, 2023 10:11 AM
Sep 2021
drop this anime really boring
Feb 23, 2023 10:50 AM

May 2021
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
what is claris doing with all of that?!?!? lmao.

ray is actually a certified rizz god atp. ep was a hard watch as usual tho.
Feb 23, 2023 11:40 AM

Jul 2022
Marinate1016 said:
Poor Carocaro, ray don’t even acknowledge her when walking in the room lmao

Lets gooo Amelia. Her training with Ray has paid off. All the doubts and insecurities in her head have been erased and that new power up looks amazing.

Was kinda stupid how she was caught off guard by Ariane magic buffs tho. Surely ray should’ve known and told her about ariane using magic to buff her punches and movements lol.

Lmao ray ain’t slick. He was tryna cop a feel. Clarisse got a lil dump truck back there

LOL @ Clarisse dumptruck collection.
Feb 23, 2023 1:18 PM

Dec 2020
Amelia has locke herself in her room and don’t want to figh against her and now ray help amelia to boost her.
That figh was not so nice.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Feb 23, 2023 1:59 PM
Jun 2021
This is this best episode yet even though the anime is trash
Feb 23, 2023 2:15 PM
May 2020
ariane vs amelia looking hella good
Feb 23, 2023 2:16 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Oh nice. The anime can be very sweet, with ray and amelia in the bedroom. Music was on point this episode. They did good with their low budget this episode, wp. :)
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Feb 23, 2023 2:21 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
That fight was not that bad so far. 

One of my favourite parts was Evi and Elisa's reaction to Ray spending the whole night in Amelia's room. Obviously a misunderstanding but seeing Elisa blush like that was kinda funny.

Claris and some other kids were in trouble but Ray along with using Anti-Material Field managed to save them. All while carrying Claris on his shoulders, like he didn't even drop her at the end of the ep lol.

The fight continues next ep, see you then!

Feb 23, 2023 3:10 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
only took 8 god damn episodes for 2 girls to fight
Feb 23, 2023 4:33 PM

May 2018
I agree, Clarisse was packing some ungodly cake there
Feb 23, 2023 4:43 PM

Sep 2018
Jeez, they took the cringe writing and dialogue up a level in this episode, my goodness. 
Feb 23, 2023 6:54 PM

Feb 2019
Of course it's Ray's voice that got her out of her funk and unleashed her inner true strength.
Feb 23, 2023 11:25 PM

Feb 2018
Damn Amelia with the power of friendship, or power of love?... Well either way, it was a typical power up lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Feb 23, 2023 11:58 PM
Mar 2021
Hoooo... Okay. hm hm
Feb 24, 2023 12:46 AM

Oct 2014
it's actually pretty easy to turn this cringe writing into something good.
sadly the writer of the anime script seem to lack the ability to do it lol
the pacing ruined everything.
Feb 24, 2023 1:45 AM
Oct 2020
pff, the series started out so well...
Feb 24, 2023 2:48 AM

Jul 2010
IMO they fumbled HARD with the boot camp.  Having Amelia genuinely terrified and scared for her life and then overcoming that was imo her best part in getting herself out of her cage.  Not some bullshit speech from the MC.  0/10 for that.  decent fight.
Feb 24, 2023 6:55 AM

Jul 2017
Well, the character relations take the cringe up a notch, with Carla's brother Lex Hail, and Ray White attempting to stop external forces like the Grim Reapers from disrupting the Magic Chevalier.

The tournament continues like clockwork, but what isn't is Amelia's confidence, regretting all that she's been through up to this point. If facing Ariane to win isn't a possibility, then her reason for existence is as good as naught. Yet, Ray tries to convince the Rose that whatever she's doing right now, she's doing for a reason. Yeap, this is the typical "MC be encouraging for a life-threatening episode" classic trope that's full of cringe, only with this show, it's elevated to 11.

Well, with how Evi and Elisa hearing Ray spending the whole night with Amelia, of course it would be that thinking with the dense-but-not-so-dense MC, giving a rose to Amelia just before her battle with Ariane. While the fight is subpar to say the least, it's the Grim Reapers acting in accordance with Ray carrying Claris on his shoulders for safety and escape. And just when Anelia was about to give up, Ray's call for her to unleash her powers, it's the best effort that she's put in so far.

Well, as expected, trash show gets trash treatment.
Feb 24, 2023 6:58 AM

Jun 2016
caro caro sensei best teacher ever XD
Feb 24, 2023 7:39 AM
Oct 2022
I was really looking forward to seeing how the plot unfolds. However, this episode sort of ruined it for me. The beginning was drab, the power ups were erratic and the show felt inconsistent to me, in the sense that they just put together a lot of different things and slapped it onto us.
Worst ep so far. Might as well drop it
Feb 24, 2023 8:01 AM
Jul 2022
Priyansh10644 said:
drop this anime really boring

Good for you what you want us to do with that information
Feb 24, 2023 10:53 AM

Jun 2016
"I'm taking my chuunibyou and leaving"
Feb 24, 2023 12:57 PM
Dec 2022
There's no meaning to life, but you can make one. Those are some very empowering words Ray said!! He was really well taught! Amelia was pretty broken, but i'm glad he cheered her up. I'm starting to ship them!
Feb 24, 2023 1:00 PM
Apr 2013
Huh. Well that was an episode. I was almost certain they were going to resolve the amelia vs ariane this ep, but apparently not. I actually forgor the whole thing about the uh, intruders, whatever they were called, but hmmm.

Anyway. Soo. Apparently ray's "club leader" was an intelligence agent? Definitely not what I was expecting, heck I didnt even recognize him.
Rebecca is specifically a 3rd year, so I dunno how she figures into all this.

I'm still not entirely sure how or why they managed to infiltrate the premises but oh well.
It seems, possibly, that there's still some things to happen, though its hard to tell since really anything could happen at this point.

Also what daheck was claris wearing?

We get even more time with amelia, hmm.
Meanwhile claris gets kidnapped, but ray manages to save the day.

Meanwhile, amelia vs ariane. I mean I guess we sorta knew, although its quite interesting. Ariane appears(?) to have the upper hand, but amelia isnt out yet. Although its strange though, since she seemed like she wasnt able to, but she's at the very least putting up a fight, and she might even win. Anyone could win though.

Looks like we'll have to see the conclusion next ep, or something, whatever happens. Not sure what's going on with rebecca, or whoever the antagonists are, but I feel a little bad for elisa and claris getting shafted.
CocoaGalaxyFeb 24, 2023 1:08 PM
Feb 24, 2023 8:17 PM

May 2015
Ray fending off the kingdoms top tier assassins with Claris on his back. What a pro. I really thought that Amelia was going to lose, and the point was not to let other peoples expectations become your own. Yet it seems like thanks to Rays encouragement, she was able to tap into a power boost! Excited to see what she does.
Feb 25, 2023 4:05 AM

Oct 2017
Carol sensei's the best. Amelia unleashed her power, time to beat Ariane.
Feb 26, 2023 7:11 AM

Jan 2015
The "I'm afraid to touch your heart" dialogue and the whole scene with Amelia at night was pretty cringe, but overall a decent episode. Ray saving Clarice and dragging her away while cancelling the magic and defeating the Grim reapers was cool. Amelia vs Ariane was pretty nice as well.
Feb 26, 2023 10:56 AM

Jun 2015
Butter fly effect! = uncontrollable continuum collapse. Lewis and Clark still in the void. New collapse imminent. 6/5 eps review causing collapse of real space
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 26, 2023 10:59 AM

Jun 2015
Pratyush_Dash said:
I was really looking forward to seeing how the plot unfolds. However, this episode sort of ruined it for me. The beginning was drab, the power ups were erratic and the show felt inconsistent to me, in the sense that they just put together a lot of different things and slapped it onto us.
Worst ep so far. Might as well drop it

Exactly how I feel when watching anything made in the west, im pretty sure most big studio productions have chat gpt writing scripts for them, at least this feels real and human
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 27, 2023 9:42 AM

Oct 2008
the animation sucks this particular episode especially on the fighting arena Amelia vs Ariane
3/5.

Mar 2, 2023 4:26 PM
Jun 2022
this shit is lame as fuck
Mar 2, 2023 4:34 PM
Jun 2022
triplem405 said:
Good for you what you want us to do with that information

what do you want us to do with this info🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓..wernjogbwsgn eg(I am having a stroke resisting the urge to slit my throat when trying to read your dogshit reply)
Mar 2, 2023 4:36 PM
Jun 2022
Im gonna drop this🦨🦨🦨🦨🦨🦨
Mar 2, 2023 4:54 PM

Nov 2013
the maid and her brother, the muscle president are part of the inteligence squad
the grim reapers entered the tournament to abduct noble students
lol at Lydia getting tired of Carol and using her ice sword on her
Ray only worried about protecting Amelia's fight, not anything else :D

Rebecca, last year's champion already won the spot in the finals... as well as that guy who won in 2 seconds

lol Ariane sure destroyed that poor sandbag, her fight with Amelia should be interesting
she got visited by father and sister, her sister is so kawaii

Claris loves bugs, so her pajamas make sense, it's funny
Ray visiting Amelia's room, and after some screams about touching her heart, she decided to let him in and talk with him about how draining it is to pretend to be what others expect her to be, as the daughter of a top 3 family
but going from that to "is there a point in living if i can't beat Ariane?" was a little too much lol the way Ray talked sounded like he was proposing to live with her forever, is this a romance anime? was cute to see her falling asleep while holding his hand

wtf happened during their fight? her face was scary when she casted that fire spell

i was a little confused why they were talking about finals with Rebecca and the other guy and not with Amelia/Ariane, i forgot about the 1st year tournament being different from 2nd/3rd years ... i'm such a baka

anyway it's finally time for the rival's battle to happen again, and there's the muscular club acting as cheerleaders
Ray telling the other 2 about his night together with Amelia, they were confused about him being an adult or not lol
while giving her the rose, she asked for another hug, why is she so cute? dafuq
poor Claris is too busy, she might miss the fight, rip ... also some shadow was following her ... maybe the muscle senpai felt it since he decided to go away from his chair

yep, Clarise and 8 more got caught ... Ray will check underground, while senpai will talk with Lydia
Carol is at the desk, and damn, look at her shorts, damn

the fight started, and Ariane went with her strongest right away, using her shining eyes and black electricity thing... but Amelia also has a similar power, so this should be interesting

Ray found Claris and the rest, and quickly got trapped by a ton of enemies ... so he grabbed Claris like a potato bag lols
he quickly transformed and used his swords, but the enemy deleted his vision... forcing him to use anti-material field, which negated not only his enemies, but also all the communications and spells upstairs on the fight ... then used his diamond dust to freeze every enemy... before leaving and going to watch the fight

speaking of the fight, after Amelia used her shining eyes, Ariane has been running non stop and getting hit by butterfly explosions, it seems like she could actually lose , too bad their powers got canceled
never mind, they got it right back, but now Ariane used her ultimate move, making her a lot faster than before... Amelia's explosions are nothing if they can't hit ... and she punched Amelia down
is this the end? or will Amelia also get a power-up?
as expected, with Ray scream, Amelia got the same power up that Ariane showed her just now... and with this, she gave out a "FINAL TURN" type of vibe lol
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 7, 2023 9:23 AM
May 2017
Good lord, this anime has dropped off the cliff. It's written like they were trying to make it some kind of penultimate episode, but honestly, it was boring as hell, and the final line, oh god, the next episode is going to be worse, isn't it?
Mar 24, 2023 8:39 AM
Aug 2020
it would be an understatement to say this ep was the worst ever
Apr 1, 2023 3:05 PM

Nov 2009
Poor Caro, she just wanted to have fun, but gets ignored by everyone, LOL

(most likely cause of her past actions that went too far...)

___ ___ ___

Huh... nice carry there Ray, it's not like she can't stand by herself, Yup.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 17, 2023 4:04 AM
Dec 2022
The tournament continues but evil squad makes its appearance.
May 23, 10:15 PM

Nov 2019
Amelia vs Arianne fight was so anticlimactic, power of friendship really saved her at the end.

Still not sure what the motives are for the kidnapping and killing of nobles, seems like the generic motivated bad guy.

2/5 episode

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Mar 9, 2023

29 by katakumplat »»
Jun 21, 5:14 PM

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2023

38 by katakumplat »»
Jun 16, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2023

48 by katakumplat »»
Jun 2, 9:42 AM

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2023

52 by katakumplat »»
Jun 1, 8:11 AM

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2023

78 by ST63LTH »»
May 24, 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.