Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2023 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
That Arianne girl is pretty strong, but I think she's probalby holding back in that brief spar.

Hopefully Amelia took Lydia's advice to heart from their time together this episode. Looks like she's still working hard to improve herself. Amelia is really the type of character determined to prove herself at all costs.
Feb 16, 2023 9:54 AM

Apr 2014
What we really need from this episode are those swimsuits, not those muscles. Why did they cut the best part of the episode?! Come on!
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 16, 2023 10:41 AM

Feb 2019
Man this show just hits so fucking different idk what it is about it but it’s grown on me so much since episode 1, truly aged like a fine wine.

Great to see Lydia again, ever since the flashback episode I’ve wanted more of her character. Love how she wanted to be her de facto son’s friends and even help Ray with Amelia, such a good mom lol.

Proud of my boy Alium for putting up a fight, knew he wasn’t gonna win but still great job of showing how far he’s come. Next week amelia fight is gonna be interesting.

Need more Carol in this show

Why tf would they cut the swimsuit content!? We need more fanservice here lmao
Marinate1016Feb 16, 2023 10:53 AM
Feb 16, 2023 11:27 AM

Jul 2017
So, what looks to be a sister affair for the Algren sisters of Tiana and Ariane, with Ray in disguise as Lily White infiltrating a sorcery academy, and "her" breaking voice comes as a surprise shock for the older sister. And their introductory sparring serving as a welcome sign, along with the Magic Chevalier, she's looking forward to it. Another girl in the form of Rebecca Bradley's younger sister Maria, and she's quite the snowskin girl. Taking Amelia, Evi, Elisa and Claris to meet his master Lydia, and though recent developments have been worrying, it's the slice of life taking over. Oh, and muscles, because fanservice is not allowed.

Soon enough, the Magic Chevalier tournament is open, and the usual timeskip aside, it's Allum vs. Ariane, and despite knowing that he would be out either way, he at least put a good effort in.

The fanservice content is always left for the ED, which has always been this way, so might as well plug it there instead.
Feb 16, 2023 12:08 PM

Jun 2015
I don't know, the comments above seem to politically motivated and on message. Does no one find weird how MC Ice Blade Sorcerer just completely left shifted from the past eps and now is female, the changes voice because its uncomfortable in female character and speaking male voice. Might of been acceptable if story behind it, but Im not watching this anymore. Trash with no story line behind it and looks like a show designed to co-op and subvert the anime industry. PM me if you disagree.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 16, 2023 12:35 PM

Nov 2013
the little girl he found is none other than Ariane's little sister, what a find
the other students were admiring his beauty lol some of the girls even went down

talking to Ariane, she knows he is not from that school and asks him to tell her what he wants, she won't run
LOL she wasn't expecting the male voice tho HAHAHA that face
oh she heard about him, interesting

a sword fight, that's also a good practice for her, so she was even the one who asked
she ended up winning after activating her magic, breaking his sword in half
he told her about Amelia, and she is happy that her rival has a good friend ... and is waiting for the fated battle

on the way back, he saved Maria from falling to the ground and she sure liked it
Bradley, so she is Rebecca's sister ... and she has a ton of ear piercings
well now that she found Ray, she will study there next year, oh lord, please save her lol

back inside, he talked to Amelia, but forgot to change clothes before, big baka lmao their faces tho

next, all of them visit Ray's master, she wanted to meet his precious friends after all
first, Evi and his big muscles,
then Elisa and her also big something lol she took the chance to get her sign, and look at her happiness
next, Claris... and she bit her tongue, oh no ... Lydia showed her hunter pass and told Claris to do her best to also get one
lastly, Amelia, and they know each other from the many parties ... and they went for a private meeting

Carla, the maid, asked Ray to go with her, and told him about the possibility of the Grim Reapers targetting the tournament to kill many of the nobles that will attend

Lydia talking to Amelia about Ray and his letters (related to Amelia) and also told her about his past before and after meeting the soldiers... and how he needed to join the academia to learn more about humans other than what he knew during the war... and lastly told her to rely on her friends, talking to them about her own problems

pfft, they talked about swimsuits but didn't show the scene? lame lol
the 2 boys got slapped hard tho, i wonder why

with the training finished, it's time for the final test, a sword fight where Amelia must slash the rose in his chest (i like how they use a rose, with her name being Rose) ... ofc it was skipped... lol ok, i wasn't expecting anything anyway :v

starting the tournament speech, with many of the students in there listening
Amelia and Ariane met again, hopefully they will be friends again after the fight ends
oh my, Carol sensei is commentating, i can't wait to hear her crazy ideas

first fight, Amelia (with her cheerleading squad) vs some guy who likes to scream lols
the guy went straight at her but she dodged it with a nice jump ... when the guy was going for a second attempt, he stepped on a magic and lost... interesting use of her knowing the guy was gonna step there ... TSUKYUN

Ray, taking advantage of his job, has time to go and encourage his friends, in this case Albert, in hopes of a good fight
oh no, how unlucky for him, his 1st opponent being Ariane, it's over
that being said, he did quite well, he even managed to take her sword away after giving his own "my heart won't give up", but unfortunately, her magic easily blew him away
but wow, the person who used to have rage as his middle name, now instead of screaming or being a sore loser, he actually is apreciating the sky lol i guess he knows he did his best

Ray is patroling and a shady person is hiding behind the corner, seems like trouble

LOL Carol sensei using the ending song as her own performance, interesting idea

oh, nvm what i said earlier, they actually showed the bikinis at the end lol naisu and i guess we found out why they got slapped, baka Carol lol

next episode, Amelia going rage mode? scary
winddevil1Feb 16, 2023 12:42 PM
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 16, 2023 12:55 PM
Jan 2016
been a while watching this kinda anime i'm enjoying this so much, also best part in this episode is whenever ray talk using his own voice as a girl, arianne shocked face was priceless
AwanKabutFeb 16, 2023 12:59 PM
Feb 16, 2023 1:54 PM

Jan 2013
This had to be the worst episode...I had to turn it off 15 mins in
Feb 16, 2023 1:54 PM

Jan 2013
AkeZZZ said:
What we really need from this episode are those swimsuits, not those muscles. Why did they cut the best part of the episode?! Come on!
One day you will be arrested you pervert
Feb 16, 2023 2:02 PM

Feb 2022
I don't get what Ray gained in that spy mission... Honestly the story is pretty dull and surprisingly to me the character I want to succeed most is Albert, compared to everyone else he has some depth and flaws to at least give you something to experience growth with.
Feb 16, 2023 2:03 PM

Oct 2014
yeah, whoever is doing the anime script should be fired. or at least he shouldn't be a lone sript writer.
talk about awkward scenes between 1 Amelia & Ainsworth, meanwhile Ray and the maid at another, and the friends god knows where, just somwhere in the house. right after Ainsworth's first meeting with the most of them. rude host lol
Feb 16, 2023 3:31 PM

Feb 2019
so that explains how those two ended up with hand prints on their faces lol
Feb 16, 2023 4:36 PM
Dec 2022
I think as a girl, Ray has more elegance lol. I love how much he compliments girls, if only he knew how it effects them, he even got an "Onee-sama" from one of his compliments XDD
Feb 16, 2023 6:10 PM
Oct 2018
I love how (unconsciously) smooth talking and womanizer ray white is. Putting female characters red-faced one by one, no matter as a male or female lmao.

And too bad for Mr. Allium. Have to fight Ariane in the first match.
Feb 16, 2023 6:33 PM
Sep 2020
AkeZZZ said:

They showed it in the ED.
Gio G. Lingad
Feb 16, 2023 6:40 PM
Mar 2021
hehe Lily-nee-san~
I laughing when he suddenly change his voice while talking with Algren.
I thought swimming scene getting skipped but it's actually on the ending.
Albert personality devolepment getting better, I like him now.

Good episode anyway.
Feb 16, 2023 7:36 PM

Jul 2014
Swimsuits... yay... Not gonna lie, the fact that they mentioned swimsuits in the middle of the episode only to end up as panning shots in the ED annoyed me. Even more so seeing how amazing the girls looked. We couldn't even get clean stitches because of the credits smh.

That said, as Lydia said, Elisa has them BIG. Damn!

Ray suddenly changing his voice while still looking like a girl was fucking hilarious, I loved Ariane's reaction lmao.

I also loved how she switched from ojou-sama to "I'm gonna kick your ass" when she got unarmed, that was unexpected xD.

And until today that they made Carol sing the ED, it never crossed my mind that Maaya Uchida sang it haha. Great song by the way.
Feb 16, 2023 8:37 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
My guy Ray just can't stop stealing hearts wherever he goes. Even as a girl he takes a girls heart.

Ariane's reaction to Ray speaking in his normal voice as a girl lol. She was not expecting that whatsoever.

Lydia also meets all of Rays friends, with some pretty funny interactions. 

The tournament so far has gone as expected. Honestly if it weren't for plot Albert might of won, but alas Ariane is too strong.

Welp we know now to not let Carol get drunk around you. Thats how the boys got slapped hard. 

The final we all expected Amelia vs Ariane. Lets see what happens next!!

Feb 16, 2023 11:03 PM

Feb 2018
Me wondering where the swimsuit scenes are at... and so they delayed it to the ED lol

Never ending plan to watch list...

Feb 17, 2023 2:04 AM
Apr 2013
Ook so. Not quite what I was expecting this time. The pacing so far, I mean. This ep felt really weird. Maybe I should have guessed better from the preview, though.

So the ep begins continuing from the scene where ray meets ariane. Ariane still seems quite interesting, and its obvious that she's quite strong, so far from what we've seen there's been no indication that amelia is going to win, so I'm curious if she's actually going to or something is going to happen.

I'm really wondering what is going on with rebecca, her imouto showing up randomly is interesting and all (though unless it's already the next term we wont see her again until timeskip? or something, etc)
But rebecca herself didnt show up again for another ep, unless the last few eps have something about her (possibly even next ep) then it seems weird since I have no idea.
Also rip claris and elisa, but well.

The start of the ep was pretty funny though. I wonder if we'll get to see again (hmm)

So in the middle of the ep, I was not expecting everyone to go see lydia, but I guess it was going to happen eventually.
It's really weird how they were like, swimsuits, and then they immediately cut.
Also something something empire.

The next scene is of amelia final training with ray, although this one they also just cut straight to the actual tournament itself. Really strange pacing this time.
They basically skipped the entire thing, though we briefly get to see amelia and ariane, even alium (very alliteration) got to show off a little bit, though we see a little bit of just how scary(?) ariane is, oh my.

So next ep is basically just amelia vs ariane, and going by the preview...well something is definitely going to happen.
They also clearly implied at this point that something *else is going to happen, just a question of what.

So far carol hasnt done anything, though maybe she doesnt need to. That might change soon(?) though?
It is a bit funny how they find(?) different ways to change the ed, this time they had carol transition and then still frames of the swimsuits.

EDIT: Oh I didnt make the connection, I didnt even realize/remember that the ed is actually by carol. Though it sounded weird this time? Or maybe its just me

I forgor to mention that the whole tournament thing looks weird, but eh, I guess they just wanted to skip to amelia vs ariane.

EDIT 2: There's still some time I guess, but I havent paid much attention to the op, it seems there's still quite a number of characters we havent seen yet. Basically only ariane, and uh.
CocoaGalaxyFeb 17, 2023 3:36 AM
Feb 17, 2023 10:06 AM
Nov 2022
AkeZZZ said:

it is, look all the way at the end.
Feb 17, 2023 10:19 AM

Oct 2017
Ariane's reaction when Ray revealed he's a boy was hilarious. She's quite strong, Amelia will have a hard time against her. Rebecca's sister a chuuni? Seems like it. Also I'm glad they included the swimsuit part in the ED. The girls looked hot in bikini, specially Abbie sensei.
Feb 17, 2023 11:42 AM

May 2021
sometimes it takes a man to be best girl...
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]
[/font]
Feb 17, 2023 1:43 PM
May 2020
femboy has been targeted
Feb 17, 2023 11:48 PM
May 2021
Nice episode and that ed theme 😂😂👌🏻
Feb 17, 2023 11:49 PM
May 2021
Penguinu said:
Me wondering where the swimsuit scenes are at... and so they delayed it to the ED lol

Ya lol I was wondering the same but good choice those swimsuit scene blended with ed theme well
Feb 18, 2023 2:58 AM

May 2015
I never know what to expect from our ice blade sorcerer. Lily White keeps the charm going! Ariane seems like a nice girl and Amelia's training finally seems to be over. Glad Albert was able to change his mindset around even if he didn't win. Also Carol sings the ED!
Feb 18, 2023 7:29 AM
Apr 2021
This was a great episode. Amelia is about to go all out in the next episode. The two guys who faced off against their respective opponents didn’t even stand a chance.
Feb 18, 2023 7:31 AM
Apr 2021
LeenPhoenixRae said:

Wait what exactly happened?
Feb 18, 2023 12:14 PM
Jul 2020
TROCA O DIRETOR PELO O AMOR DE DEUS
Feb 18, 2023 5:56 PM

Feb 2019
FiddlePie said:
LeenPhoenixRae said:

did you watch throughout the credits? 

when carocaro and abbie showed up, things got a bit crazy when carocaro was involved and let's just say that the two guys were outnumbered when certain garments came off lol
Feb 18, 2023 5:58 PM
Apr 2021
LeenPhoenixRae said:
FiddlePie said:

when carocaro and abbie showed up, things got a bit crazy when carocaro was involved and let's just say that the two guys were outnumbered when certain garments came off lol

Oh. I did see the credits but it didn’t really show fully what happened. It was just snaps and pics
Feb 18, 2023 6:25 PM

Feb 2019
FiddlePie said:

Oh. I did see the credits but it didn’t really show fully what happened. It was just snaps and pics
i thought it was just snaps and pics too, but if you watch further it shows what happened during when they went swimming and the two from the school joined them later on.
Feb 19, 2023 10:32 AM
Apr 2022
I loved this episode!
It had thrill & suspense.
Along with some fan service.
The best part is how the skipped part was used as the Outro for the episode!!!
Feb 19, 2023 3:40 PM

May 2018
ok that was a strange ED lol, didn't expect the 'swimsuit episode' to only get 1 minute of screentime lmao
Feb 23, 2023 2:25 PM
Oct 2022
This anime Is like the other 'WIZARD'  animes first few episodes they show you ,the power they hold little by little then they fight in the same medival  arena  they win obviously  . They show you alot of small talk or really big conversations and not alot of action. This anime will be a 6-7/10  anime in my opinion.Tell my if I am  wrong
Feb 23, 2023 11:57 PM
Jul 2021
SO MUCH BULK AND RIZZ AHHHH
Mar 2, 2023 10:29 AM

May 2015
Ok Rei's cosplay is a too perfect lmao. I really hope he brings it back at some point. 

I know I should stop comparing this to Irregular at Magic High School but now they even have a magic tournament arc with the mc fighting an evil organization in the background of it. 
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2023 12:24 AM

Nov 2009
The most impressive part of Ray dressing up is... he can actually change his voice to that of an actual cute girl... WTF...

It felt like he has training for this before... huh... cause otherwise untrained men usually can't make their voice higher pitch and soft at same time.

___ ___ ___

But then Ray reveals himself with the manly voice and Ariane was like "EHHHH?" O_O

LOL

And then Ray gains a "imouto"... as Ray becomes the "Onee-sama" LOL (from onee-sama anime series)

___ ___ ___

And then we have the swimsuit... episode? WTF... where is it?

They showed bunch of naked men... but not woman in swimsuits? (why are they just "stills" in ED?... for like the last 30 sec of episode...)

This series sucks...

BTW, why are they making the bully dude so dramatic?... this guy's just a filler...

Also... Carol doing the wink everytime she talks... LOL

And then she gives a concert?

(also, apparently Carol likes to undress people? what the.... this supports my theory that she tries to "shouta" Ray (aka, snu-snu Kid Ray))

amlgMar 29, 2023 12:39 AM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 7, 2023 2:47 PM
Apr 2019
Somehow I find the fighting scenes that we got so far from episode one to now really underwhelming. 
They always over so fast or just boring to me. 
I hope that the fight between Ariane and Amelia is going to be better.
Jun 17, 2023 4:03 AM
Dec 2022
So the teacher was evil. Who would have thought?
Jul 23, 2023 8:07 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Why did they tease a swimsuit scene then completely skip the entire thing? What the fuck is that shit?! 
Jul 28, 2023 3:20 PM
Jun 2014
I was watching the anime i know am pretty late here but in the credits of this episode was written in the memory of ...... good bye couldn't read what was written did a VA pass away?
May 23, 9:58 PM

Nov 2019
The contest begins! Amelia wins first round and Albert v Adrianne turns out to be a one sided fight, Albert’s come a long way though. Something sinister is lurking around the tournament

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Mar 9, 2023

29 by katakumplat »»
Jun 21, 5:14 PM

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2023

38 by katakumplat »»
Jun 16, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2023

48 by katakumplat »»
Jun 2, 9:42 AM

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2023

52 by katakumplat »»
Jun 1, 8:11 AM

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2023

78 by ST63LTH »»
May 24, 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.