Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 4, 2022 6:00 PM

Sep 2015
My man Sanji, called Robin for help !! Hes an absolute legend, this was an unpredictable scenario.

SHEEESH, those brass knuckle punches that Sanji is receiving is brutal. Hes already sustaining so much injuries before his own battle.

Dang, this episode really was something though 😳😳😳, and i'm starting to like Robin more now.

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jun 4, 2022 6:08 PM

Mar 2014
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
My man Sanji, called Robin for help !! Hes an absolute legend, this was an unpredictable scenario.

SHEEESH, those brass knuckle punches that Sanji is receiving is brutal. Hes already sustaining so much injuries before his own battle.

Dang, this episode really was something though 😳😳😳, and i'm starting to like Robin more now.

it could have been unpredictable if only you weren't looking at the Episode name... seriously, I need to block my ears and eyes at the Episode name each episode...
ASIDE FROM THAT!
Carrot can Melt Perespero's Candy?!?!? that's some serious Sh*t!
wait wait wait.... WHAT?!?!?!?! HYOUGORO made his body back to normal?!?! How the F?!?
I don't know who was the one who took care of the Azakaya's Samurai but I guess it may be Izou. just because of the Lips.
and of course, ROBIN IS THE OG OF OP!!!
Without her, One Piece wouldn't be that interesting as it is now! Love her so bad!
My man Sanji could've said "Eat Sh*t" but instead he just asked for help because he literally feels pitiful, and that's what he only has to do so.... I can't blame him😕
I can't wait to the next episode!!!!
love One Piece!
Jun 4, 2022 6:27 PM

Aug 2019
Animation was really bad especially in the Pedro vs Carrot and Marco vs King scenes. That being said, this episode had better pacing than expected, mostly because the episode focused on different characters and therefore gave the illusion that more happened. I actually thought Sanji's scene was well done; I hated it in the manga, but the anime somehow made it less awful. So kudos for that I guess.
Jun 4, 2022 6:34 PM

Nov 2016
Zoro is fighting Yonkou and Sanji is getting womanhandled lmao.

To unknowing outsiders Sanji comes across as a whimp(shoutout to Marco for already showing fanboy tendencies) but we've seen the strong bond between the Straw Hats countless times. There's endless trust, they know best about their friends weaknesses and they got each others back. Multiplying this comradeship with their diversity gives them tremendous power as a product compared to crews that still merely add.

To further elaborate on the themes. It's as Luffy said when he fought against Arlong, he needs his friends.

Another memorable quote/s came from Sanji when he was speaking to Sogeking: "Everyone has things they can and can't do. I'll do what you can't. You'll do what I can't. With your help we can definitely save Robin-chan"

So true. There were various situations where this has proven to be the case. Even Usopp's pessimism saved the day once when the top fighters couldn't do shit. It also goes beyond fights when you look at Chopper right now. Or the importance of Nami as a navigator. On the flip side, everyone has a weakness. So there's no shame in getting help and I usually don't have a problem with it, especially when it's nicely delivered as with Robin's entrance. It also should be considered that by getting out of situation he can now help elsewhere of course it would be even better if he didn't get caught in the first place

Him calling Robin-chwan for help is a significant moment for both characters. It's hard to imagine what it must feel like for someone who couldn't trust anyone for 20 years to be relied on in a life or death situation. Badass entrance that literally slapped. Robin is finally getting her spotlight. I still dislike that this episode didn't adapt the entire chapter 1005. Seriously, the bits that followed up her entrance had to go together. I hope Toei goes extra hard on the next episode in return

Anime original/furry hentai action could've been so much better. Welp Toei is limited, at least we're getting some material that expands on the fights like on Live Floor here and there.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 4, 2022 7:23 PM

Feb 2010
Preview for the next episode shows Kaido in hybrid form but that doesn't happen for a few chapters from now.
Jun 4, 2022 7:35 PM

Apr 2020
robin saving sanji was the best part of the episode, carrot part was cool I guess personally thought this episode wasn't as good as the rest
Jun 4, 2022 8:12 PM
Jun 2019
A standard One Piece episode as we have come to expect.
Anyway, next week, we can finally see Kaido's hybrid form.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jun 4, 2022 8:12 PM
Jul 2018
Animation quality dropped a little bit but pacing was better than I anticipated.
Robin's entry was amazing, and Sanji calling for help to Robin because he trust Robin that she can save him.
I really loved the episode, and there were soo many things happening at same time, it feels like pacing was amazing. The director did a great job in keeping the pacing good in the episode.
Overall, I loved the episode. Mainly Sanji & Robin part. They both trust each other.

Something unexpected is going to happen in next episode. Excited for Kaido's hybrid form and new roof top scenes that were not in manga.
Jun 4, 2022 8:24 PM

Apr 2014
Many people can say a lot of things especially with Sanji. However, many have forgotten that Zeff raised Sanji not to hurt a woman no matter what. He still lives by that principal as always. Of course Sanji called had to call for help. He has a bigger role to play in this war and can never hurt a woman. Robin shows up, and gets ready to kick butt on Black Maria. Oh yeah. X3
Jun 4, 2022 8:28 PM
Dec 2019
I didn't expect Sanji to actually call for Robin but I guess that was the best thing to do since she saved him. Next episode seems like it'll be cool cuz it's Robin and Brook vs Black Maria.
Jun 4, 2022 9:35 PM

Apr 2020
Why is no one talking about Franky's fight scene!?!

Nobody's mentioning it!! Did you see that animation? It was gorgeous. It's a feast for the eyes and a SUUUPERRR moment! I know it was pretty short, but all the more reason to watch it over and over again!

I also liked the Sanji moment, I think that was well thought out and also a good moment for Nico Robin to shine. Hopefully she gets to do more later on.
Jun 4, 2022 9:47 PM

Oct 2017
Robin came to save the day.
Jun 4, 2022 10:13 PM

Jul 2013
Women are Sanji's biggest weakness, no doubt about that. But I always respected him for that, even ,like in this case, it's stupid to not fight back and almost end up dying.

This was the first time we hear Sanji asking Robin directly for help, so yeah, kinda unexpected. But thinking about it just shows the endless trust all of the straw hats have in each other. I love the fact that over all this time the bond between them grew so strong that even someone like Sanji can ask for help.

Judging from her entrance and that crazy b**** slap Black Maria took, Robin seems more than unhappy. I hope the situation for Sanji now will stabilize with Robin's and Brook's appearance, but I'm happy to see both of them getting time to shine.

Close call for Carrot and Wanda. They almost got candymaned. Interesting that Carrot was able to use her electricity to melt the candy. With the moon vanishing behind the clouds they could definitely be in trouble, so hopefully they have a backup plan.

Is there a special condition for Hyogoro being able to transform into this form? Reminds me somewhat of All Might or Bisky from HxH.

Overall I really liked the pacing of this episode and just for the fact that we'll see Kaido in his hybrid form I'm also already excited for next week.

Jun 4, 2022 11:01 PM

Nov 2012
testing..to see if posts
Jun 5, 2022 12:04 AM

Jun 2019
Oh... that was such a good episode. Robin-chwan is finally here to save Sanji. LOL. That was very funny. Loved it. Black Maria is pretty but she isn't one of our Straw Hats. The next episode is gonna be awesome. Can't wait.
Jun 5, 2022 1:53 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
So in love with this episode, I've been waiting for it to be animated for so long, although I would have loved it if the episode continued up until the point Robin commented on Sanji calling for her help. And Sanji's only getting better from here on out.
Jun 5, 2022 1:54 AM

Nov 2008
FreshIngredient said:
Preview for the next episode shows Kaido in hybrid form but that doesn't happen for a few chapters from now.
Im guessing Hybrid Kaido Scene will be a short in-canon filler scene to show him off early in the next episode, then they'll show this part 3 or 4 episodes later.

Also switching some scenes around too.

Jun 5, 2022 3:03 AM
Jul 2018
I thought Sanji won't call Robin for help. I have mistaken 🤣 That spank from Robin was incredible. The battle between Nico Robin and spider girl can be delightful.
Jun 5, 2022 3:12 AM

Jun 2020
Robin-Chwaan!!!
Jun 5, 2022 3:36 AM
Jul 2021
kinda off topic but I FINALLY CAUGHT UP!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 5, 2022 3:46 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Sanji being beaten and Black Maria asks him to call Nico Robin to be able to capture her but he doesn't surrender until the last minute when he decides to ask for help from robin
Jun 5, 2022 4:11 AM

Jul 2016
Ice-Cube said:
robin saving sanji was the best part of the episode, carrot part was cool I guess personally thought this episode wasn't as good as the rest

The Robin save was awesome.

Any episode focused on Sanji is always tops in my book.
Jun 5, 2022 4:34 AM

Dec 2013
Sanji suddenly defying everyone's expectations and calling for help made me burst out laughing.

Robin suddenly sending Black Maria at the end got me hyped. It's been a loooooong time since we got a decent Robin fight.
Jun 5, 2022 4:41 AM

Apr 2018
I'm currently at the Enies Lobby arc (manga) and this episode beautifully showed their friendship and how much they care about each other. Every crewmate is always ready to aid the other because they know each other the best. Robin's entrance was just amazing! Wish it was a bit longer but it is what it is.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 5, 2022 7:28 AM
May 2016
Sanji's calls for help was so amazing and beautiful.

It was unpredictable and I loved it. I know it's a bit annoying these days, all of people are getting tired of woman's power but seeing Oda, who's absolutely sexualizing his females characters, seeing him taking one of the most strongest characters in the crew calling for help from a woman, in my opinion it's heartwarming.

As much as I disagree with Sanji about his principle not hurting women, since we should treat people equally, I respect him for sticking to his truth until the bitter end.
Believing in Robin to come and help him is a level of trust we all wish for.

Seeing her, and other female characters such as Yamato who's so far my favorite female character in the show fighting for themself and for others, believing in themself and their own power I think it's wonderful

I'm still disappointed of Nami but that's her character and hopefully her and Ussop will overcome their fear. They should do it and fast cause they are running out of time
Jun 5, 2022 8:33 AM

Sep 2020
I don't think many people understand the significance of Sanji asking anyone for help. He has so much pride and he would never want to ask anyone for help to fight someone and to ask it to a girl, the one group of people that he cherishes and protects more than anything is just outstanding. It took real grit and I'm proud of him despite the "pathetic" nature of the gesture.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jun 5, 2022 9:02 AM

Oct 2015
Sanji is such a gentleman. But oh man his cry was both pathetic and funny at the same time.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 5, 2022 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
MugenDarou said:

I would like to officially welcome you to the caught-up gang. 🥳 Congratulations!
Jun 5, 2022 10:08 AM
Jul 2021
BarelyCreative said:
MugenDarou said:

I would like to officially welcome you to the caught-up gang. 🥳 Congratulations!
THANKS! Now i can share the same pain as y'all by waiting every week 😁
Jun 5, 2022 11:04 AM

Dec 2017
Its been a long time since we've seen Robin in action, can't wait for the next episode!!
Jun 5, 2022 12:42 PM
Jan 2021
Black Maria’s subordinates still have Sanji tied up and they’re simply beating Sanji up while he simply takes it. Sanji eventually says that he’s had enough, so Black Maria steps it up. Black Maria also acknowledges that Sanji had absolutely NO TROUBLE AT ALL clapping the men’s CHEEKS. She understands well that Sanji won’t lay a finger on a woman (in a violent way specifically; I’m sure Sanji wouldn’t mind touching a woman in a romantic or heroic way). Black Maria has her subordinate Caiman Lady use her crocodile/alligator body to broadcast across the entirety of Onigashima. Black Maria asks Sanji again to reveal where Robin is, so he asks her what she plans on doing. The idea is that Kaido wants to use Nico Robin for her knowledge given that she’s the only archaeologist alive now, meaning that she’s the only one that knows how to read Poneglyphs, which is particularly important in finding the One Piece and becoming King of the Pirates, WHICH BY THE WAY THAT TITLE BELONGS TO NONE OTHER THAN MONKEY D. LUFFY, AKA STRAW HAT LUFFY, AKA THE FIFTH EMPEROR!

It’s so amazing how Luffy doesn’t have doubts and allows anyone to join him or work with him. For example when Robin wanted to join he quickly said yes AND when Drake wanted to become allies, Luffy accepted without hesitation. It’s such badassery that Luffy is able to accept any and all and he refuses to show any mistrust, doubt, hesitation, or really anything negative as HE’S THAT MUCH OF A COMPLETE BADASS. HIS BADASSERY IS TO BE WORSHIPED!

Marco and King are in the middle of fighting in the air on the first floor (or second floor, but I’m pretty sure it’s the first floor) with Chopper and the samurai, given that both of them can fly.

Wanda and Carrot continue their battle against Pekoms and it seems that they have him pinned down… but it seems that he has a move called Candyman in which he covers his target(s) in candy. Said candy seeps into the victim’s system and once it’s solidified, Candyman is complete and all that’s left is a sweet corpse. But, Carrot was able to use the heat from her electric attacks to soften the candy, break Wanda out, and continue fighting. PEKOMS YOU WILL SUFFER FOR DISRESPECTING PEDRO, SOMEONE WHO SACRIFICED HIS LIFE FOR THE SAKE OF LUFFY! I WON’T TOLERATE ANY SCUM WHO HAVE THE AUDACITY TO DISRESPECT HIM! YOU WILL SUFFER! Unfortunately Wanda gets caught in Pekom’s candy net and looks to get crushed by his giant spiked candy statue thing, whatever it is.

One of Maria’s subordinates finds the Akazaya samurai and it seems somebody is actually protecting them in the darkness and taking care of them. I have no clue who this is and I hope the next episode answers such an enticing question. Black Maria has the AUDACITY to say that she’ll handle the samurai when she has her hands tied with Sanji. You’re not beating him anytime soon, even if he’s not fighting back. The Straw Hat Pirates don’t go down so easily.

Chopper is able to create the antibody and now it’s time to reproduce it for everyone else. Unfortunately Hyogoro gets hit with the Ice Oni virus. But…. Hyogoro won’t go down until he helps out Luffy and repays him for what he did in Udon. Hyogoro understands Luffy’s badassery and will do anything to make sure no one stands in his way. Hence his body transforms to the bigger and more muscular version of himself from his past, and now he’s even more ready to clap even more cheeks!

Black Maria has set up a crap ton of different traps for Robin for when she comes to save Sanji, but it’s all for nought.

WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK ALL THAT PREP WORK WOULD ACTUALLY WORK ON A GROUP LIKE THE STRAW HAT PIRATES, LED BY NONE OTHER THAN MONKEY D. LUFFY! YOU’RE GOING TO NEED ANOTHER LUFFY, LIKE AFRO LUFFY, IN ORDER TO STAND A CHANCE!

Black Maria puts on brass knuckles and starts to pound Sanji, aiming to get him to call out for Robin’s help. Maria’s subordinates are amazed by the fact that he isn’t willing to sell out his crewmate for his own sake… until Sanji yells out and BEGS Robin to save him. Nami instantly realizes that Sanji is up against a woman, given that he wouldn’t be struggling otherwise, but that’s fine. It’s a good thing that no one else on the crew has a problem kicking women’s asses.

So Robin comes in, LIKE A BADASS, ALL FROM THE INFLUENCE OF NONE OTHER THAN LUFFY, and hits Black Maria with Gigantesco Mano Spank! BLACK MARIA YOU BETTER SIT YOURSELF DOWN BECAUSE ROBIN WILL CONTINUE TO POUND YOU UNTIL YOU’RE MUSH! YOU MIGHT AS WELL GIVE UP!

I’M SO EXCITED FOR THE FUTURE BADASSERY OF ONE PIECE, LIKE I ALWAYS AM! EACH EPISODE GETS BETTER AND BETTER!
Jun 5, 2022 2:48 PM

Jun 2015
Sanji is so pathetic lol. We gotta love our ladies man.

This is how it should be. A woman for a woman. I guess Black Maria can't do anything against Robin. She is gonna kick her ass.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 5, 2022 3:53 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Episode was ok for me, bit slow and not much happened.

Highlight was Robin's entrance at the end. Next few eps should be good.

Also Perospero is hella SUSS
Jun 5, 2022 3:55 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
KingJames511 said:
Why is no one talking about Franky's fight scene!?!

Nobody's mentioning it!! Did you see that animation? It was gorgeous. It's a feast for the eyes and a SUUUPERRR moment! I know it was pretty short, but all the more reason to watch it over and over again!

I also liked the Sanji moment, I think that was well thought out and also a good moment for Nico Robin to shine. Hopefully she gets to do more later on.

The Franky scene happened last episode, but I agree it was hype!!
Jun 5, 2022 6:00 PM

Feb 2015
Very slow episode, basically Hyo transformed into a muscular man and Robin arrived to save Sanji, that’s all.
Jun 5, 2022 8:01 PM
Jul 2020
I wish I was Sanji in this episode
Jun 5, 2022 8:28 PM
Feb 2018
Last watched episode - 1011, waited over 2 months and well it seems like nothing much have progressed like wow
Jun 5, 2022 10:56 PM

Jul 2008
Robin I love you but DAMN YOU SANJI for putting her in danger!!!!
Jun 6, 2022 6:21 AM

Dec 2020
Got me acting up. 😩

Jun 9, 2022 10:23 PM

Jan 2016
Wow Sanji really called for help! xD It's a good thing that Straw Hats know each other very well. Nami, as smart as she is, assumes he may be struggling with a female foe lol
THANKS SENPIEX
Jun 13, 2022 11:43 AM
Jan 2017
Ever since I read this chapter I've been waiting to see the animated scene where Sanji calls for Robin's help :) I loved that part. smiled at that last "Robin chwaaaan" haha, so cute!
But on the other hand, I really disliked the whole Minks vs Perospero scenes, I already found them meh shen reading the manga but the enime kinda made them extra lame ngl...
Anyway, I can't wait to see

Jun 16, 2022 9:46 AM

Jul 2013
That's Kanjuro I'm 100% sure
Jun 18, 2022 1:02 AM

Dec 2012
Oh Sanji, you're so shameless. I think the flashback to Robin's plea for help makes me better appreciate it though. Sanji learned to count on his friends during Whole Cake Island and trusts Robin enough to win. And even though it pains him to see a lady hurt, he believes Robin can do the job.
Jun 18, 2022 8:02 PM

Apr 2021
Just noticed that the 5mins intro is back,, LMAO sanji the broadcast was funny but it's great they depend on each other. Nami just knowing that he was probably with women lol
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Jun 22, 2022 5:43 AM

Mar 2015
Whew Robin to the rescue!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 23, 2022 2:27 AM

Apr 2013
After all this years, watching Sanji against women is still quite cringe.
Jul 5, 2022 8:14 AM

May 2016
FMmatron said:
Zoro is fighting Yonkou and Sanji is getting womanhandled lmao.

Haha well said my friend, though kinda got me off-guard for sure.
Jul 19, 2022 9:11 AM

Feb 2021
Proud to Sanji as a man who never hurt a woman but when He is forced to call Robin to help him feels like something XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 11, 2022 11:11 AM

Feb 2021
Finally a long overdue Robin fight. So hype
Aug 26, 2022 10:43 PM
Mar 2022
great one but slow progress
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1085 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Nov 25, 2023

91 by nickehhhhhh »»
52 minutes ago

» One Piece Egghead feel likes Oda was inspired by JoJo!

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

12 by Lawliet-dono »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1084 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Nov 18, 2023

59 by nickehhhhhh »»
2 hours ago

» Why the pacing of the One Piece anime is actually good.

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

31 by Sannin_No_Zoro »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1106 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 25

39 by kyledluffy »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.