Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2021 9:58 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eitarou, trying to convince the amnesiac Minato with his middle-school mentality won't do you any good to bring him back to water polo. And the whole Yamanami water polo team knows it all too well, losing Minato at this stage in the prefecturals will fare them no better. Eitarou's a walking enigma of feelings.

Worse still, Minato tries to pick a beef with his old teammate Riku, and bringing up the past up only to the latter's chagrin. Let the past be the past and move on, which Minato in his current state absolutely cannot do being an once egostical ace led by their coach (which is the current Shogakugan High School coach). And to add salt to the wounds even more, is the fact that his alternate half circumstance was hidden from his own family, which adds to the frustration.

The recorded video message from his amnesiac self before the personality change...hopefully that is able to open up the current Minato's cold heart. And it did, bringing him back to the water polo team with the same coach-like stern expression from before. The others may feel that Minato is being arrogant, but the memories will not waver his thoughts along with his talents, bonding the whole team once again. How long will Minato go on his own crusade?

Chinu finally knows of Minato's amnesia, and the promise is still done as promised, and this calls off their "relationship". The challenge is on, and the schools prepare for the prefecturals in full fashion.
KANLen09Sep 11, 2021 11:57 AM
Sep 11, 2021 11:12 AM
Sep 2015
This episode is so goooooddddd even if I predict that Minato will definitely play again because he want revenge against his old teammates, but I really don't know how or what will push him. The video message from "the other Minato" is really surprising and touching.

But I think the scariest character in this anime is Eitarou, he lies and lies again until I don't know what's true and false anymore. Good thing he's on our side and he just only lies to Minato, not others.

And yes, the relationship of promise between Minato and that girl is over. What I like the most is that Minato didn't even upset that that girl kiss the other him.
Sep 11, 2021 11:17 AM
Sep 2014
phantomfandom said:
This episode is so goooooddddd even if I predict that Minato will definitely play again because he want revenge against his old teammates, but I really don't know how or what will push him. The video message from "the other Minato" is really surprising and touching.

But I think the scariest character in this anime is Eitarou, he lies and lies again until I don't know what's true and false anymore. Good thing he's on our side and he just only lies to Minato, not others.

And yes, the relationship of promise between Minato and that girl is over. What I like the most is that Minato didn't even upset that that girl kiss the other him.

If Eitarou wants to get Minato back to the club, then he would have made like DC Young Fly and told him (Minato) to Bring That Ass Here Boy!
Sep 11, 2021 11:26 AM

Apr 2018
Well, another 2.31-like adaptation..
Sport animes that tend to focus more on the drama aspects rather than the sport pretty much ruins the whole concept for me. Anyway, Inter High is close and he's back in the game. Can't wait for him to play with his old skills again. The video from the other Minato was just amazing.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 11, 2021 11:46 AM
Dec 2020
Looks like our Minato was actually kind at the start but had to change because of that damn coach… wow
Sep 11, 2021 11:50 AM

Jun 2019
Man... I miss the kind Minato and I really dislike the new and arrogant Minato. But, I guess it's nice for a change. The kind Minato did a good job of keeping the recording there. So, someday it might help him if something bad happens. And, it actually worked.

Minato isn't quitting Water Polo for the time being and will keep playing with his new club. But, that was nice that he wasn't OP because of the lack of practice. He will have to become strong with everyone in the club. I hope he becomes kind like before soon. All the club members are really sweet. I love this team.
Sep 11, 2021 12:29 PM
Feb 2021
You guys think they’ll beat his old team this season or we might get a season 2? It’s unlikely they will be able to beat them, maybe just get a bit closer to their level. I hope for a season 2, would be nice. At least I do want this anime to end with minato fulfilling his promise and becoming no. 1 again
Sep 11, 2021 12:38 PM

Jul 2021
Worst coach ever.
Sep 11, 2021 12:44 PM

Jun 2021
OK episode

I know everything about the premise of this show feels a little far-fetched (between having amnesia and then remembering then having re-amnesia), but the idea that Minato left himself a video letter, just in case he lost his current memory felt super far-fetched.

Other than that, it was a good episode. Hopefully we get some game action soon.
Sep 11, 2021 1:16 PM

Jul 2011
To be honest Minato recovering the memory was a bad move, in 2 episodes made me lose the will to keep cheering.
Is expected them to lose to Shogaku, loss is sad, but at least with 6th grade Minato had a positive feeling of them playing.
Sep 11, 2021 1:19 PM
Aug 2018
holyweeb1453 said:
You guys think they’ll beat his old team this season or we might get a season 2? It’s unlikely they will be able to beat them, maybe just get a bit closer to their level. I hope for a season 2, would be nice. At least I do want this anime to end with minato fulfilling his promise and becoming no. 1 again

No way they can win against the national champ with two beginners and others "so-so". It would be a miracle if they can get one goal in. And considering they had not even scored a goal against the younger team before...

I don't know how they are going to end this. It depends on how much time they spend on match. Maybe they win one match out of three ?

Sep 11, 2021 1:23 PM
Feb 2021
Rukodaime91 said:
holyweeb1453 said:

No way they can win against the national champ with two beginners and others "so-so". It would be a miracle if they can get one goal in. And considering they had not even scored a goal against the younger team before...

I don't know how they are going to end this. It depends on how much time they spend on match. Maybe they win one match out of three ?

probably they will win one match and make it a start to strive to number 1, I’m just hoping we get another season where they will be able to win. It will feel unsatisfactory if they fail to become number 1 after all the foreshadowing
Sep 11, 2021 1:23 PM
Sep 2014
Rukodaime91 said:
holyweeb1453 said:

With Minato's current Attitude I bet the team will be whip in to shape (as well as Minato Himself and regain what ever left of his memories.)
Sep 11, 2021 1:57 PM
Jan 2018
I don't mind sports anime having drama. In fact it's necessary to some degree. But it can't be the only thing it has. I wish they actually did more with the sport instead of mentioning it a little every episode. I don't even know how they plan to finish this.
Sep 11, 2021 2:36 PM
Oct 2020
Lol I stopped watching at ep 4 and they’re still not on Water Polo fr by thé looks of it.
Sep 11, 2021 2:52 PM
Jan 2021
Hope we get a season 2

Sep 11, 2021 5:24 PM
Jul 2018
Minato watching your video after he lost the memories he did before his current memory loss and he is doing and following the things that were said to the Water Polo Team and this is acting the same way he did before he regained the your memories.

plus he's weak physically the more mentally he's the same person that was cool in the episode.
Sep 11, 2021 5:53 PM

Jul 2017
bruv, what bullshit was this cd? but okay, the episode was pretty mid, wasted a lot of time with a forced drama.
Sep 11, 2021 8:38 PM

Jul 2017
bruh what is even going on anymore lmao?

- so Coach turned out to be the reason why Minato became the absolute dickhead he is wow

- wtf was that structure of the video it's almost like Minato knew beforehand he was gonna tap the road and get amnesia again lol

- Eitaro is secretly a masochist or has some incredible patience to put up with Minato's shit twice now

- Everyone being perfectly chill with the douchebag Minato despite him treating everyone like absolute shit. bruh this is some Hanebado type shit kekw

Oh well, at least the nakama scene towards the end was kinda nice.
Sep 11, 2021 10:43 PM
Jul 2021
Erotaku_ said:
OK episode

I know everything about the premise of this show feels a little far-fetched (between having amnesia and then remembering then having re-amnesia), but the idea that Minato left himself a video letter, just in case he lost his current memory felt super far-fetched.

Other than that, it was a good episode. Hopefully we get some game action soon.
Didn’t he say a couple episodes back that he was terrified of losing his new memories even if his doctors told him it wouldn’t happen? I can see why he would do it, if he was so scared, heck I think if I was in his shoes, I’d at least leave a note just in case. You never know.
Sep 11, 2021 10:45 PM
Apr 2019
At this point, I don't see the team winning any competition, let alone when the anime focuses on drama rather than the actual sport it's about. I like drama, especially snippets of it in sports anime because it can be very great, but here it's all drama with little to do with water polo.

CrimsonKing25Sep 11, 2021 11:35 PM
Sep 11, 2021 11:31 PM
Nov 2020
I think this anime will get s2 if eps 10-12 no time skip.
Sep 11, 2021 11:46 PM

Oct 2016
At least the mean Minato had enough kindness to not let a man kill himself. Pretty good episode! So it was the coach that asked Minato and now Momosaki to become an egoist as the ace. I mean I understand it, as the coach you gotta make your team the best. But it was still ass how much Minato changed. Being selfish and self-centered for the team is fine, but I think he went too far into it.

At least the nice Minato pulled through, I missed the man when I saw his recording. Chinu at least have come to like the nice Minato, but now that he's gone, she don't want anything to do with the mean Minato which I understand. Looking forward to the next episode.
Sep 12, 2021 12:03 AM
Aug 2018
leelee619 said:

With Minato's current Attitude I bet the team will be whip in to shape (as well as Minato Himself and regain what ever left of his memories.)

Yes, they can get better, but they have one month, no coach, no "training match", nothing.
You can only accomplish so much in one month. Minato can not get back to top level in one month (otherwise the coach would have tell him to come back).
Beginner can not compete with people having spent 2-3 years.
If they had only one player lagging, why not... but seven.

Winning against a random team would be ok but winning against the best of the best is impossible.

Rukodaime91Sep 12, 2021 12:32 AM
Sep 12, 2021 12:32 AM

Nov 2012
The coach confuses me. How is he a Middle and HS Coach?
Sep 12, 2021 12:36 AM
Oct 2020
This is such a melodramatic anime lol. So many buttons pushed just to elicit reaction.
Sep 12, 2021 8:01 AM
Jul 2021
Not sure what I can say about this episode… While I was watching the clip of Minato watching the recorded video message of himself, I felt like the studio couldn’t think of a way to convince Minato to go back into playing water polo. Yes I understand that Minato recorded that video specifically for his other self and yes I understand that Minato didn’t believe in what the doctor said about him in not losing his “present” memories. But it feels kinda off in a way.

While it was explained why the note for the message was placed in there, my question is that who placed it. Of course this could be answered later on in the series but if the answer happens to be that Minato was the one who laid it in his room, then that makes me question whether or not Minato purposely fell on his bike to receive his old memories in exchange for his newer memories. If I were in Minato’s position and didn’t believe what the doctor said, then I would’ve been a little more careful about not bumping my head. But of course I’m not a doctor or such and know whether or not you can receive your old memories by time and not by accident.

Other than that, I don’t think there is much of a problem to the episode itself. Also, I might not be the only one who notices this but every time when Minato is angry at someone, the animators draw his eyebrows slanted to make him look mad. There’s nothing wrong in animating an angry expression or such but I find it kind of hilarious.

But any who, normally I would rate Re-Main a 7/10, but for this episode I would rate it a 5/10 enjoyment wise. It just felt meh and I didn’t feel anything while watching this episode. I can’t expect anything much from now on but the team training hard for the prefectural and hope there won’t be a time skip.
Sep 12, 2021 10:19 AM
Sep 2019
Short_Circut said:
bruh what is even going on anymore lmao?

- so Coach turned out to be the reason why Minato became the absolute dickhead he is wow

- wtf was that structure of the video it's almost like Minato knew beforehand he was gonna tap the road and get amnesia again lol

- Eitaro is secretly a masochist or has some incredible patience to put up with Minato's shit twice now

- Everyone being perfectly chill with the douchebag Minato despite him treating everyone like absolute shit. bruh this is some Hanebado type shit kekw

Oh well, at least the nakama scene towards the end was kinda nice.
Felt like I haven't seen the name "Hanebado" in such a long time. That show/manga is so frustratingly stupid. Majority of the characters are toxic asf, and now that you've put the picture into my head I see that it's not that far off from what's going on herr. Only difference is that there's no shitty absentee mother and doormat father. Oh, and that they actually play the damn sport rather than so many episodes centered around drama which makes things worse.
Sep 12, 2021 3:09 PM
Jul 2019
9 eps in, I mean I was liking it at first but now with the whole recovery of his memories plot going on, it has gotten annoying to watch now since the main character is pretty hard to root for now since he’s a super douche lol.
Sep 12, 2021 5:13 PM

Jul 2019
Looking at the poll results, the anime hit its peak with episode 7 but now people don't know what to make of it

I wonder what they have planned for the ending, since this is clearly getting a continuation based on the slow-moving plot. MAPPA is rich now so I doubt they would have a problem putting out one more season.
Sep 12, 2021 8:23 PM

Jul 2016
So the coach told Minato to be a selfish scorer in waterpolo and somehow, the kid ended up turning into an arrogant asshole in every aspect of his life. Okay.

Well, this has reached "Hanebado!" levels of bad drama. Guess the idea behind this show was to make it a sport drama from the beginning? I mean, that would explain why we got so little waterpolo since forever.

And also, why is Chinu still around? Her role as drama device is already over.
Sep 12, 2021 11:13 PM

Oct 2016
Called it.
Like I wrote in the discussion forum for episode 8, there is no way a person who's kind-hearted by nature would have such a drastic change without a reason.
I can't wait to see him finally learn to be proud of himself - his real self - instead of being so harsh on himself and acting like a completely different person just to live up to someone else's expectations.
Also, I love the fact that the person who convinced Minato to return to the club was Minato himself. His past self, to be more specific.

That aside, this episode made me officially place Eitaro on the list of my most hated anime characters this year. Perhaps ever.
As if taking advantage of a guy's amnesia and lying about the two of them being friends wasn't bad enough. He now had the audacity to make a suicide threat. What the hell is wrong with him?
"The most passionate person about water polo"? My ass he is. He decided to quit the club the moment he realized that Minato truly had lost his memories of how to play. You call that passion for water polo?
Having a person you look up to is fine, but Eitaro has crossed the line multiple times and has ultimately faced no consequences for it.
And people are complaining about Minato's behavior???
Minato should be filing a restraining order against this creep.
Sep 13, 2021 12:16 AM

Jun 2014
The only good thing about dark minato is his sense of style fight me.
Sep 13, 2021 8:50 AM

Oct 2019
I liked this episode much better than the last episode. I can appreciate Meanato having to learn to harness the power of friendship, and Minato leaving that video 'just in case' was so cute.
Sep 13, 2021 2:47 PM

Mar 2018
i thought this whole episode was gonna be like last week just him being a bitch and going to his bed to cry but im glad he's back in the team and that he's weak now he'll grow physically and maturely
Sep 14, 2021 5:12 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Better than last ep, overcame his problems kinda. But in general im kinda disappointed by the show since it pulls out a generic plot imo. Had pretty high expectations at the beginning.

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Sep 14, 2021 11:21 AM

Aug 2016
MonkeeDan said:
Better than last ep, overcame his problems kinda. But in general im kinda disappointed by the show since it pulls out a generic plot imo. Had pretty high expectations at the beginning.

Right? I thought the amnesia plot resulting in a player losing his talent was kind of unique, but the show writers just lost their balls halfway through and went back on it so that they could get "talented douche" Minato back.

And it's utter BS that they're trying to blame real!Minato's assholery on the coach. The coach was talking about scoring in water polo, not asking out pretty girls who clearly don't like you or talking shit to your parents and sister or treading all over "weaker" players.
Sep 14, 2021 7:11 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Randomly spouting out some things now that I'm caught up. I really love how Baba and Yoshiharu are lowkey just besties.
Also, bless Minato's little sister.

That video recording was bs, but whatever. I'll take it. I'm glad that he decided to come back. I'm glad he didn't come back with all smiles. I really am interested in Minato's character development from here. I know it seems jarring to some, but it seems like it can be relatively fulfilling by the end if done right. They've already done some things "wrong", but I'm really hoping the result will feel good enough for me to wave those off.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 15, 2021 12:36 AM

Oct 2008
Chinu shutdown MC to the maxx! LOLZ!
4/5.

Sep 17, 2021 5:14 AM

Jun 2020
I understand the narrative better & where it’s headed with this episode, I wish it were 2-cour they would definitely be able to deal with the amnesia a bit better. That was a real great scene when it hit with him saying how Ejiri is straightforward & with him realising & the “kind” Minato telling the current Minato about the team. So touching!

Amiami spittin FAXXXXXXXX. Their expectations of him. I feel bad for Minato and hope he can find his peace & work thru this.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 20, 2021 4:24 AM

Jul 2015
they gonna make mr.coach as the bad guy or
Sep 30, 2021 12:57 AM

Oct 2013
Fuck that bitch dude! Your done with him????!!!!
You are the one that helped turn him back into that by helping to crush the new ego that helped lead him to reverting back to the old ego!

Fuck you bitch, I hope you get a hentaiade with you in it and the tags include ugly bastard, group, mind break. Peace
Oct 4, 2021 1:56 AM

Jul 2015
So the asshole attitude is mostly that dumb coach fault with his 'all aces should be egoistical'.

Good to see Minato trying to play waterpolo with the team, hopefully his stubborness in wanting to do things on his own will stop soon by realising team work is important in a team sport

Oct 16, 2021 6:01 AM
Sep 2018
interesting episode like usual
Nov 12, 2021 1:22 AM

Oct 2019
The amnesiac tropes continue.. Minato was convinced by his post/pre-amnesiac self to continue water polo via a video recording he addressed to.. himself. Chinu is no longer interested in Minato, or at least that's what she claims. Personally I find her obnoxious. I'm also not sure what purpose she serves in this story apart from being a walking talking plot device for Minato to restart water polo..

We also found out that Minato was originally kind, just like he was during the past year, but his coach (somehow) managed to change his personality into a first class a-hole. Is that really possible? To switch from kind to cruel as easily as if you flipped a mental switch? Probably only in anime...
Nov 14, 2021 12:38 PM

Dec 2019
I liked the coach before (solely because he's hot ofc), but it's lokey his fault Minato even became an asshole imo
Dec 1, 2021 12:53 PM

Oct 2012
Coach told Minato to be more greedy. That's just good coaching if you ask me. A lot of teams thrive when building around an ace player. It's Minato's fault that he became an asshole. Off the field he should have been a more friendly and supportive player.
Jan 12, 2022 1:24 AM

Aug 2017
The coach is the true antagonist from this anime.

New Minato predicted the future for some reason.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 17, 2023 7:10 PM

Jul 2012
I can feel it lol
Her little sister is a part from an another anime called Hibike! Euphonium (just kidding)

Nov 12, 2023 7:02 AM
Aug 2022
Another relaxing episode with my dude Kamekichi chilling on the sofa getting head pet until his drama queen roommate showing up with all his cringe attitude.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 2, 2021

69 by IDontKnowAnyM0r3 »»
Apr 10, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2021

37 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2021

106 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 7, 2021

34 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 24, 2021

32 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.