Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2021 10:13 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A refresher in terms of rules and fouls in water polo, that's as important. And now, it's the same for the 7-men team against the junior water polo team, which they got absolutely trashed 18-0. WHAT A SORRY SIGHT for a setback such as this, and it's gonna take more than this to re-jog Minato's prodigy memories of water-polo in his current pathetic state. Eitarou's the first to have second thoughts of quitting indefinitely.

Eitarou drops by Minato's place in the night to talk some history between each other and get their facts straight. The amount of effort that Eitarou exerted to help Minato in water polo, he was only in the background for most of the time and had never participated in a real match before. All of these pent-up feelings of expectations that Eitarou was looking to get out of Minato, it all went to naught even for the admiration. To no one's surprise, everyone relapses in a similar manner, and takes some time off to recuperate.

Minato going back to his former advisor for help, and he suggested that Minato go back to look at the lot of material that Minato had filmed and recorded himself for practice, and that's his starting goal of being the prodigy hard-working water-polo player before his untimely amnesiac accident. And who other than to share this with Eitarou to tell him that Minato's also not a special person, and requests for Eitarou's help. Well, a tit for tat relationship between the two.

The past is behind you guys, learn from your mistakes and move on together as a team.
KANLen09Aug 7, 2021 11:56 AM
Aug 7, 2021 10:54 AM

Jun 2019
Got rolled by literal kids OMEGALUL. But, hey that's the learning curve. You learn from your mistakes and move forward. Eitarou told Minato the truth about him and Naoya watched his old videos where he saw that he used to put a lot of effort into his techniques. That's how he became the best in Japan.

Some internal conflicts may occur in the team but if it ends well, who cares? Just keep moving forward.
Aug 7, 2021 11:06 AM

Jan 2021
Oh no, lost to the children, unable to do anything :c

You know he lost his memory, he warns you, in the end the most likely thing happens, and you're disappointed? wtf

Well, now more motivated than ever, let's keep on improving ( ˙▿˙ )
Aug 7, 2021 11:11 AM
Sep 2015
Fantastic episode, I always have a weak spot for watersports anime, but Re-Main goes beyond my expectation.

Good thing this is sports anime, if it's horror then Eitarou could be a psycho murderer.

Shuugo already wear speedo under his pant, he reminds me of Haru from Free!

Minato's old teammates are so hot, and coach too!

Minato in the past was also hot, right now he's collecting his sexiness again, which he'll undoubtly succeed.

The red hair guy is too stereotype even if he's my type. But I don't mind since I'm after his body, not his personality.

Jou seems to have some kind of family problems, which I hope it'll be ok. He's my favorite guy!

If only next week is tomorrow so I don't have to wait...
Aug 7, 2021 11:46 AM
Feb 2021
next week more chinu pls
Aug 7, 2021 12:28 PM
Apr 2019
Im getting annoyed by Eitarou and his attitude to Minato. Like, the guy was in a coma, lost years worth of memories, including his time when he was doing water polo, but Eitarou expects him to be this God of water polo when he's not. Does everyone in this anime forget that Minato was in a coma along with losing his memories???
Aug 7, 2021 1:03 PM

Mar 2017
I really hope that Eitarou becomes more likable now that he's decided to stop lying to Minato cause so far he's been an absolute piece of shit.

How could he even think of telling Minato that he wanted to quit just because Minato wasn't a great player like before? Like, sort your own shit out first before you heap that kinda pressure on others, you little leech!
Aug 7, 2021 1:46 PM

Apr 2018
Well, they lost with a score of 0-18 against grade schoolers. That was expected I guess. Never liked Eitarou and seems like I was right about not liking him. Even tho they forgave him. And nice to know that Minato wasn't a prodigy but a hard worker. He'll build up his strenght from level 1 and go back to being the best in Japan.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 7, 2021 3:56 PM

Jun 2021
Solid episode, good message.

I like the CG they use during the water polo scenes, where they animate all the players simultaneously. Hopefully they keep using that when they actually start playing real games.

Also nice to see that there is some backstory to Jou as well. He might be my favorite character so far.
Aug 7, 2021 4:09 PM

Dec 2010
This is unironically really good. Some of the jokes are cheesy but overall the humor balances the surprisingly dark and serious undertones quite well, e.g. the lingering trauma with the MC's sister, and the other team members' backgrounds (one of them got bullied in the past, and the captain looks like he's not on speaking terms with his father). I hope Minato actually gets better soon, and regains his memories by end of the show. Looking forward to more.
Aug 7, 2021 4:38 PM
Jul 2018
good episode even with the events getting good with the evolution of the club and Minato in each episode.
Aug 7, 2021 4:52 PM

Nov 2017
Damn good episode.
Tbh,I wasn't too bothered about watching this as i'm not really into sports,or sports anime.
This has really been an eye-opener for me,esp about water polo and what the players have to do to get to where they need to be.
On a different note,this has also surprised me in the way the characters are protrayed in this,and how it shows their growth and slowly coming together as a team.Minato is shown as central to this in the way he interacts with them away from the pool,and also in himself as he interacts with his family and friends.
I don't really see this as just a sports show,its a drama,sol,sports anime all rolled into one,and I'm thankful for that as its showing me how good a "sports" anime can really be.

Honestly,I'm looking forward to the rest of this!
Aug 7, 2021 5:12 PM
Mar 2021
Ugh, Eitaro is so slappable. Like dude, its your fault you seek your worth in your role models. Like how is it Minatos fault? Rude
Aug 7, 2021 5:24 PM

Aug 2014
It's surprising we haven't gotten further than this 5 episodes in, for a 12 ep show.
Just had the first match and lost miserably to grade schoolers.

When megane-kun wanted to quit after a single loss with a new team I was hoping he would actually go through with it, even though it was unlikely even from the start. Can't get far with that attitude.
I was expecting them to solve that in the next episode but they spent more time on him throughout the episode instead to solve it right away.

I would have been happy for him to leave the team just for wanting to leave after a single loss, but then revealing he lied about his relationship with the poor MC with memory loss was creepy, then hoping to gain stuff from his former status as a star player only to leave instantly when things didn't go well left a bad taste, even after they made up.

Going into this I liked the show but didn't have that high expectations, for this episode though I was checking the clock and waiting for it to end.
Aug 7, 2021 7:47 PM

Jul 2016
So in Waterpolo, you can be the dirtiest player ever as long as the referee doesn't see what you do underwater, huh? Don't know how to feel about that.

OK episode though I wish Eitarou had abandoned the club. Dude's definitely a piece of shit for taking advantage of Minato's condition. Not to mention creepy asf.
SouthRzVaAug 7, 2021 7:50 PM
Aug 7, 2021 10:14 PM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! Kamekichi was definitely the highlight of the episode and I liked the symbolism of Kamekichi successfully climbing them stairs.

Damn, they really got completely clapped by kids lmao. I liked what they did with Eitarou's character, I always thought he was weird and super pushy, but it turns out he's not only weird he's also a scheming creep lmao. Dude was super in denial, but now that he sees he's God Minato is not as Godly as he might think, he'll become a better person.

Always thought Minato was not putting in effort at all, glad he realized that the reason he was good was because he made himself good. Hopefully it's w's from here on out. I also like how Chinu is being supportive of Minato in the background, I hope she becomes more prominent later on.
Aug 8, 2021 5:57 AM

Jun 2016
I need a Minato x Chinu in the next
Aug 8, 2021 6:09 AM
Jul 2014
Main characters are often underdogs in sports anime but our team is coming off as next level underpowered here!
Aug 8, 2021 10:29 AM
Sep 2019
Eitarou was out of pocket for going to that extent to dupe Minato, but the rest of the episode was fairly wholesome. Especially like the silent support that Chinu is giving him as he works his way back up.
Aug 8, 2021 1:51 PM
Oct 2020
Ngl thé cast of characters all seem to be treating Minato like some kind of zoo animal. Other than a few teammates they are expecting him to be some god and perform how they want when he has lost YEARS of his memories. Not to mention forcing them to play the kids which on top of the humiliating defeat, helped them in no way against the other team. I would’ve walked out and said call us back when you get your stick out your asses. And Ofcourse no one is understanding of the damn coma and the other school and that chinu chick just clown him. Minato not a prodigy but a hard worker which is awesome and I’m excited to see his hard work pay off since those memories send to be what he lost from his coma.
Aug 8, 2021 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
Eitarou attitude was awful, Minato is just too good of a guy to convince him and accept him back
Aug 9, 2021 7:35 PM

Jul 2020
It definitely will be interesting to see what happens next now that Minato has a better idea of the him of the past, and will now work hard to beat the him of the past
Aug 10, 2021 12:30 AM

Jul 2019
Pknoctis said:
This is unironically really good. Some of the jokes are cheesy but overall the humor balances the surprisingly dark and serious undertones quite well, e.g. the lingering trauma with the MC's sister, and the other team members' backgrounds (one of them got bullied in the past, and the captain looks like he's not on speaking terms with his father). I hope Minato actually gets better soon, and regains his memories by end of the show. Looking forward to more.

They're being very subtle about things in an almost smart(?) way which I like

Also Minato keeps getting more likeable with every episode, he's definitely a Shoyo type of protagonist
Aug 10, 2021 10:00 AM

Jan 2008
When we first met Eitarou I didn't like him but I actually like him more after this episode.
Aug 11, 2021 5:25 AM
Sep 2018
They got destroyed by kids... The OST are really good. I really like the motivation of Minato. I would like to see him at his former level so go Minato !
Aug 12, 2021 4:51 AM
Feb 2016
Although Yamanami got trashed by a junior team 18-0, it was a practice match and they (Yamanami) are still a relatively new team. As for the episode overall, I have to say that is maybe the best episode yet. This anime doesn't really drag on certain situations too long and almost always goes straight to the point. The part I liked the most was Minato not wanting to rely on the person he was in the past but wanting to go beyond it.
Aug 13, 2021 11:14 AM

Dec 2016

Like that t-shirt
Aug 14, 2021 10:52 AM

Jul 2021
Eitarou is a serial killer.
Aug 15, 2021 6:00 AM

Jun 2020
Wow Eitarou is getting so unlikeable. At least he came clean about his intentions to Minato......but without rubbing it in. He’s right, he’s rude alright & not to forget plain selfish. What a prick.

I feel bad for Minato. Why is Eitarou projecting so much on him zzzzz

Awwww Ejiri is starting to find it fun♡

I wonder about the captain’s back story......

Minato being so kind to Eitarou.....I guess Eitarou is also spurring him on in their own ways. The advisor was also being so nice to help him realise that he wasn’t just a prodigy by nature, but of course with his hardwork. I’m glad he’s so optimistic about it moving forward. He’s pretty earnest.

Great episode. I’m looking forward to Minato & the team’s growth!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 16, 2021 2:39 AM

Jul 2015
I KNEW IT that eitarou dude was up to no good! he said some very hurtful words I swearrr. If I were minato I'd be so :/// but minato is such an angel
Oct 3, 2021 2:31 PM

Jul 2015
Humiliating loss against grade schoolers, but on an extremely positive note things can only go uphill from here as they've basically hit rockbottom already!....

I already disliked Ei for putting so much pressure on Minato but him revealing that he took advantage of Minato's amnesia and planned to quit when Minato didn't meet his expectations despite warned not to have any really pisses me off and dislike him even more.

Oct 24, 2021 5:07 AM

Aug 2018
i can see why people dislike this show 5 episodes and nothing happen
Nov 11, 2021 5:14 PM

Oct 2019
Getting trashed by 18-0 was even worse than I expected. They didn't even score a single point? The little boys did not just wipe the pool with them, they polished it thoroughly and made it sparkle. Well done showing them you're the bosses of the pool kids! :)

Well, at the very least Minato found his resolve at the end. This was -probably- the lowest point for everyone, though I bet they're going to get trashed a couple more times before eventually reaching the level of Minato's former school.
Jan 11, 2023 11:32 AM
Dec 2022
it fucking sucks like for fucks sake be better
Nov 12, 2023 5:40 AM
Aug 2022
Put the little dude on the step you bitch.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 2, 2021

69 by IDontKnowAnyM0r3 »»
Apr 10, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2021

37 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 11, 2021

49 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:02 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2021

106 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Re-Main Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 24, 2021

32 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.