Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 17, 2020 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Huge competition this episode.

It seems this episode bought in forth many characters with main cast, supporting, minor, and unknowns. Competiton is all time high with the amount of judges present. Ye, I'd say this episode is where business picks up againfor Food Wars.

The foodgasm is going off the charts LOL
Apr 17, 2020 10:08 AM
Oct 2019
manga readers : oh my god ! okay, it's happening
so my hunch was on point they rearranged the events.
get ready anime viewers

ithyphallic60Jul 8, 2020 9:50 PM
Apr 17, 2020 10:11 AM

Jan 2014
Ah...

I can really see what the manga readers were on about, and now I'm not looking forward to seeing all of this. Though I'm happy for Megumi, legit got tears cheering for her.

Today's ep just felt like though 'Let's show off what these can do again for fun instead of seriousness, while they're still being serious.'
Apr 17, 2020 10:11 AM

Nov 2016
Inb4 people will shout "NTR" and lol @ Erina fainting.

Great episode, was fun to see all characters in action. I'm pleasantly surprised by the changes this time, gives me hope for the rest of the adaptation. The first half with the Blue Preliminaries is anime original. Iirc, in the manga, Souma, Takumi and Tadokor simply got an invitation to the Blue and they called it a day, but here they had to prove themselves in a competition. Especially delighted about the fact that our beloved blue haired cinnamon roll was able to come on out on top this time. I see, apparently the anime staff was moved by all fan complaints, hope they keep this up xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 17, 2020 10:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wtf he wants to marry Erina, no problem because Souma needs to be with Tadokoro, not Erina.
I look forward to the battle
Apr 17, 2020 10:51 AM

Aug 2013
Congrats to Megumi.

Disappointed with this episode. Though I'm curious to find out who beat Souma's dad.

Apr 17, 2020 10:56 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, lots of characters who didn't appear in ages returned for this episode. As always, Dojima and that old man have the best foodgasms.
Very happy for Megumi, after all her effort through the anime, she sure deserved a big victory for once.

Suzuki beat Souma's dad... Well, I cannot see Souma defeating him now. Lol at Erina fainting when Souma and Suzuki were fighting for her.
Cannot wait for the "interesting" part of the season to start :)
Apr 17, 2020 11:05 AM

Jan 2013
welp back to the headache-inducing “go 500 miles an hour” presentation...that circling at the end and everything coming outta nowhere did not help
Apr 17, 2020 11:20 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
EVERYONE IS HERE the episode.

The first half of the episode felt like one big reunion, to show off everyone's skills one last time. With the amount of chefs and judges, I'm not surprised they had to make this competition lightning quick. I'm glad they didn't spend an entire episode on it.

Reallt proud of both Megumi and Takumi getting first and second. They've always sort of played second fiddle to Soma, and now they have a chance to shine.

Wonder what happened to Soma's dad, we all kijd of thought he was invincible. I'm curious what his promise was.

So the new guy finally reveals his intentions. Can't blame him for wanting Erina, she's gorgeous. And her attitude is a thousand times better now. This kind of puts the proverbial nail in the coffin for Soma x Megumi Megumi though. Looks like we're going the Soma x Erina route.

Next week's battle is going to be crazy.
Apr 17, 2020 11:24 AM

Dec 2014
nice ho9w they mix manga chapters like that...nice competitions
Apr 17, 2020 11:29 AM

Mar 2018
This episode was extremely rushed! What happened with giving each important shokugeki a proper build-up where Souma would try to find a way to come out on top? Foogasms have lost thier charm and they clearly haven't tried to make it stay fresh. Animation is almost non-existent as always. It's sad to see this show in this state.
Apr 17, 2020 11:36 AM

Jul 2017
ok wow...starting to see what people were on about lol. Does that mean the whole purpose of this series is effectively over now lmao? Like Soma's been going through all that work just to finally beat his dada and all it takes is one villain to insta knock him out though.

The BLUE prelims were pretty fun though albeit felt way too fast. Erina fainting was pretty funny as well

but wait

is that fukin Asahi in the marriage reflection looool
Apr 17, 2020 11:44 AM

Oct 2017
Too many dishes and too many foodgasms hehe. All the reactions were priceless. Gratz to Megumi for getting first place, atta girl.

More changes in the anime lol. Honestly I'm still pretty surprised that they are changing things but this is going better than the manga and there's hope for an anime original end too.
MegamiRemMay 11, 2020 4:41 AM
Apr 17, 2020 12:25 PM

Jun 2014
So they added an anime-original competition to see who gets to go to BLUE and changed the order of events so that Souma and Suzuki's shokugeki happens after the events on the beach. I'm curious to see what other changes may have been made, but unfortunately we're going to have to wait since this show got hit with a delay too.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 17, 2020 12:27 PM

Sep 2017
@ithyphallic60 Did you really used the word "NTR" to describe that? lmaaaaaao

Apr 17, 2020 12:46 PM

Jun 2015
Foodie fun as always! Shame its going on break. Ill miss my weekly dose!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 17, 2020 12:57 PM
Jan 2017
thebrentinator24 said:
So they added an anime-original competition to see who gets to go to BLUE and changed the order of events so that Souma and Suzuki's shokugeki happens after the events on the beach. I'm curious to see what other changes may have been made, but unfortunately we're going to have to wait since this show got hit with a delay too.

can you tell me what has changed ?
or should i read the manga so i don't miss any event or information in the anime ?
Apr 17, 2020 1:24 PM

Sep 2015
This episode was just bad and that's coming from someone who loves the series. Everything was so rushed that it makes for bad story telling. It also seems they reused some old scenes for the blue competition. An unofficial Shokugeki in a classroom where Soma's probably going to lose haven't seen this before either :/

Good for Megumi though she deserves her time to shine.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Apr 17, 2020 2:13 PM

Jul 2014
So after 2 seasons of Azami, the best the author could come up with for his next arc, was a NTR plot. This man is a genius! /s

The fight about Erina's tongue made me laugh tho and we got an adorable and funny reaction from her. But then, are you telling me Joichiro suddenly lost to this new shitty villain? Isn't he supposed to be unbeatable and the point of the story is his rivalry with Soma? WTF

I don't like to complain about panning shots because even with them I enjoy the show, but this episode was ridiculous, they were shoving them in your face over and over again, back and forth. There's not even any effort in the backgrounds. Even the foodgasms were pretty meh except for one, the one with the emcees and the eels, I really liked that one.

The preliminaries sure were fast, very fast. It had fun parts and everyone had their own little moment but for what? The cast is too wide and in the end we ended up with the same ones as always. Soma is Soma and I'm very happy for Megumi (please, it's her time to shine), but Aldini? Again? This is the last season, Hayama and Ryo were established very well as rivals to Soma in the early seasons but now they are completely ignored. Hisako had her arc and character development but for what? For nothing, she could have been an interesting addition to this arc but nope, she's still just the secretary. Then you have Alice... what the hell has she done since her match with Soma? Or the other Elite 10 girl who's simply filling a slot to complete the 10 but might be interesting but she's not going to get shit. Not to mention Nikumi who's literally just the meat girl in every sense of the word.

At least I got to see the judge with the pink hair again. I don't remember her name, but I remember how well-endowed and gorgeous she is. I love her character design.

Yuki is too freaking cute <3

That Soma x Megumi "Oagari yo!" was great. And I love how she started speaking in her dialect xD.

On one hand I'm okay with them moving through this part quickly but not if in the next episode we're going to have another fucking shokugeki! I really liked the first episode and this was ok but I don't like where the story is heading.
SkyLETVApr 17, 2020 2:27 PM
Apr 17, 2020 2:16 PM

Aug 2018
What a fucking garbage episode
90% of it was reused animation from previous seasons, you can't feel the slightest bit of passion anymore like in season 1 and 2. It's like they are being forced to complete the series just for the sake of it.
Also as soon as Tadakoro was announced to be the first place I lost all interest in continuing the episode lol seems like the author was trying so hard here.
Apr 17, 2020 2:27 PM

Apr 2016
I'm going to be honest, I've a bad feeling concerning this season. Judging by the previous one that was just good and by the fact these first two episodes were pretty bad, I think this isn’t going to be that good. I hope it’ll prove me wrong.
Apr 17, 2020 3:37 PM

Jun 2014
Bebo10 said:
thebrentinator24 said:

can you tell me what has changed ?
or should i read the manga so i don't miss any event or information in the anime ?

I don't completely remember everything since it's been a while since I read this in the manga so you should probably just read the manga. If you want to check out the Hot Spring Investigation arc that the anime covered in basically 30 seconds, you can start at chapter 264. The arc is only 13 chapters, but only about half the arc is the actual hot spring investigation part, and the second half will start the Saiba stuff and you can see how events in the manga played out differently compared to what the anime has been doing.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 17, 2020 4:09 PM

Dec 2019
Just happy that Megumi got her time to shine!
Here we go again...
Apr 17, 2020 4:17 PM

Apr 2015
My girl actually won the Blue Preliminaries!!!

So ngl, I was expecting Megumi to be sidelined this season and the focus would be entirely on Souma and Erina, but seeing her win these Preliminaries was amazing!

Also loved this bit!

I swear this Suzuki-sensei is suspicious as hell, I mean he's as pale as Azami... That already is not a good start and I swear if he's in one way or another related to Azami... That would make this marriage with Erina pretty odd!
Apr 17, 2020 4:32 PM

Jul 2016
It feels like, at this point, the series is just a parody of itself
Apr 17, 2020 4:35 PM
Feb 2016
I understand they want to make the antagonistic villain gong after Erina super strong and play into a love rival, but he's strong enough to beat Joe 5-0..c'mon really
Apr 17, 2020 4:48 PM

Jan 2020
Nice episode i think. Better than the first episode. The preliminaries make it better tha manga
Apr 17, 2020 4:56 PM

Apr 2015
Curiosity got the better of me for one last chance to see the supporting cast. But that was a really crappy episode, even for a filler.
Animation was just recycled stuff from the previous seasons with nothing added to it.
The dishes looked bad, totally bland. Just slap some uniform textures over.
Cherry on top is that this episode serves no purpose. Megumi growth was shown during the resort trip arc. Most forgot about it because it was rushed in 2 minutes in the last episode of season. Animating the Resort trip arc properly would have been better.

Truly a mess, fitting prelude of things to come
Apr 17, 2020 5:12 PM

Jul 2013
As badly as everybody says about the manga, I expect the anime to be even worse considering what they did in the previous seasons. This episode solidifies that thought beyond any shadow of doubt.
Apr 17, 2020 6:52 PM
May 2014
So order of events were changed and they added the Blue Preliminaries to fill an episode. In the manga, Soma's dad gives him the invitation to Blue at the beach after the event was over. Megumi mentioned getting an invitation as well in a later chapter.

Liked seeing them try to fit in all the other supporting characters from throughout the series though.
Apr 17, 2020 6:57 PM

Nov 2011
Idk i thought this was actually a really funny episode. It was nice to see a lot of the old judges and characters back giving a "fair" judgement on each dish. (By the way that is a shit load of soup they are eating)

I liked how Isshiki was focusing on the development of the Polar star students as well. I really felt the connection between all of them.

I also Love Kinokuni more then ever. I wish they brought her into the series earlier. Im in love with her character.

Also the fact these three slowly becoming besties <3

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 17, 2020 7:20 PM
Jun 2017
As an anime only, i am surprised that Megumi made the BLUE.. anyways congrats to her, and also to Sora and Aldini... yeah...

Apr 17, 2020 7:35 PM

Mar 2019
Erina this and Erina that! when clearly is best girl in this episode was Megumi!
although I gotta admit last episode Erina was cute too
Apr 17, 2020 8:06 PM
Jan 2016
Was nice to see everyone competing for the BLUE preliminars, was a really nice show off of their own improvements, and also a lot of foodgasms.

Damn, Magumi managed to get first place, i honestly wasn't expecting that, and i am really happe and proud of her, also Aldini and Souma managed to made to BLUE!

Curious to see who defeated Souma's father, i have a hunch, but i am affraid of it!

That lats scene was intense, Suzuki-sensei is what i suspected, and obvious Souma would accept that unoficial Shokugeki, i am truly affraid of next episode!

Also was cute seeing Souma sayinh "Erina is mine!" and Erina seeing that was even better!
Apr 17, 2020 8:28 PM

Jan 2019
Why host a cooking competition in a cooking anime is you're not going to show anyone cook even a little?

Suzuki's motive is absurd, even for Food Wars.
Apr 17, 2020 8:50 PM

Oct 2008
LOLZ when Erina overheard the conversation of marriage! she fainted! she couldn't take it handle and process it!
the heck happened with the power levels? how was Suzuki-sensei able to beat the father of Souma when souma can't beat his dad 500 times!? what kind of sorcery is this?!?
5/5.

dazzling Megumi got her time to kirakira SHINE!

Apr 17, 2020 8:56 PM

Aug 2018
Lmao Soma only got 3rd place and Megumi got the very 1st place that was unexpected

A man that can satisfy Erinas toungue
hmmm... sounds erotic
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Apr 17, 2020 9:20 PM
Jul 2018
Call me a glutton but this episode makes me want to taste test all the soups made by the characters.
Apr 17, 2020 10:35 PM
Oct 2018
Thank you for the spoilers bro, I never wanted to see BS like that in near future so I'm dropping the anime watching completely as I'm not into watching NTR scene it just makes me puke and once again thanks a million
Apr 17, 2020 10:37 PM
Oct 2018
The one who are not into watching NTR anime please I advise you to drop it now itself as it will become NTR anime in near future R.I.P. old food wars, bye bye
Apr 17, 2020 10:46 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Hmmm.. welp, this episode is definitely different from the first one.

I congratulate Megumi for getting a spot in BLUE. At the very least it helps to solidify that, while she is the last position among the elites, she isn't a pushover.

I feel bad for Alice though. Early on in Food Wars Alice was portrayed as a real threat. Relative to the one who possessed the God Tongue and master of gastronomy, the girl was definitely creative with her food. But nowadays she isn't really a big player. In fact as the #8 spot of this contest according to this episode she was outdone by BOTH Aldini brothers, the two other rivals of Souma, and our loincloth-wearing former Elite 10. Admittedly, her dish being a set of vials wasn't the traditional criteria of appetizing to the eye. But for her to be outdone by both Aldini brothers individually though.. shame. Always thought of the two brothers being strong when they were cooking with each other.

Things were a little bit rushed this episode, but if they did play out the preliminaries there'd be NO chance of doing BLUE at a reasonable pace. At least, if this is supposed to be a 12-episode series like the last season. I suppose that's the cost of trying to cram in a mini-competition before the big event.
Twintail_DaemonApr 17, 2020 10:50 PM
Apr 17, 2020 11:53 PM
Apr 2017
What was this, a recap episode with lots of recicled scenes? Well, at least the meta comedic bits with Soma being aware of catch phrases made it enjoyable for me. Which is a rarity. I usually despise recap episodes.
Apr 18, 2020 12:32 AM
Viking Gnome

Dec 2018
this episode could easily and should easily have been like 4 episodes or more in itself. you have more than enough content to show all the characters growth and how they have improved which would have been great to see. also the animation quality i will agree is not close to on par in this one either. i get they have 12 episodes to finish off the show, and that the BLUE competition is going to take most the air time of that. it's just that this season probably should have been 24 episodes to properly flesh out the plot and cover things as we are already starting to rush over a lot of content. an episode dedicated to the match with somas dad, for example, would have been very welcome, as jus seeing he lost at the end doesn't feel satisfying. many roads this can still take, but i just hope that we get a decent end to the show and that it does not get butchered like manga readers have foretold
Apr 18, 2020 1:58 AM

Feb 2010
It's good they added preliminaries before Blue, this makes more sense than in the manga.

It's just suck the characters like Hayama, Isshiki, Alice and Kurokiba... even the 3rd years of E10 being degraded as totally side characters and being nerfed hard looking at how dominant and threatening they were in past matches.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Apr 18, 2020 3:42 AM

May 2015
Megumi won. That is something new.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 18, 2020 3:46 AM

Mar 2018
im just gonna keep on watching to see how bad this can get, feel sorry for u manga readers
Apr 18, 2020 4:17 AM

Oct 2016
I think it's funny that many thought this episode was good, this fuking episode was 80% frames of other past episodes re-arranged for this episode, effort 0
Apr 18, 2020 6:20 AM

Nov 2016
With all the effects out of place this really feels like an indian drama.

that "tournament" was trash ngl, they showed only the food and the people having orgasms, I wanted to see how they make the food, and still it was predictable af. And here's where the NTR beings.

Not talking about the animation becaue at this point it's clear that they aren't even trying to make a basic animation.
Also how the fuck did Youchiro lose 5-0?? It's literally impossible to do 5 rounds when one of the participants has already won 3 in a row.
Apr 18, 2020 7:07 AM

Aug 2018
They aren't even trying at this point.They completely invalidated what made Shokugeki good in the first place.I don't care if the episode is anime original or not.The first part of the episode is extremely rushed.it's just
-Introduce a character
-Prepare their signature food
-A bit of commentary
-foodgasm

It was a big fuck you to the first & second season.Not a single dish is explained and foodgasms are losing their charm.

The invitations seems better than this rushed joke of preliminary.And big WTF is Joichiro's loss.

First episode was pretty fun but I could see why most of manga readers hate this arc.
Apr 18, 2020 7:31 AM

May 2019
The pacing of this episode was really fast; it almost felt like a highlight reel instead of an episode of a narrative.

I wonder what'll happen now; although I'm interested to see what Erina says when she wakes up lmao.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

234 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 30, 8:25 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

83 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 30, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

73 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 30, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

75 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 30, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

80 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 30, 7:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.