Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 8, 2020 7:36 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh shit, Kaiman definitely looks ready with all those knives equipped.

The Magic Land speaks for itself with the all the magic users and equipment. I must say, this episode had its unique identity with the rabbit ears gear. Kaiman's got no chill in getting some work done :o
Feb 8, 2020 11:50 AM

Aug 2018
Great Episode as always
Feb 8, 2020 2:51 PM

Dec 2015
Here's your bully sandwich.
Feb 8, 2020 3:19 PM

Apr 2009
Aww yeah, it's great to see the magic users' world in color and animation. Loved that Burton-esque goth/punk setting.
Feb 8, 2020 3:37 PM
May 2019
The part where Shin ripped the heart of that bully was very satisfying I wish the same could happen to all bullies.
So Noi can survive a bullet to the head impressive.
I wonder if she is immortal, nah she probably has some weakness that's gonna be revealed later or not LoL.
Nikaidou decided to storm their stronghold all alone, I can't say that's the best idea considering the last time both of them weren't able to defeat them but hey what do I know maybe she has some trick up her sleeve or something like a plot armor
I wonder how it will turn out.
I like the ED especially that DOOM reference.
Feb 8, 2020 5:47 PM

Oct 2018
ooo the mystery man Risu has come back from the dead!! Asu has also been revealed!! I loved Nikaido’s cute little blush’s moment when asked if she loves Kaiman :3 so cute
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2020 8:15 PM
Jul 2017
Loved how En was playing his own version of DOOM in the ED. I love how we get new ones every two episodes.
Feb 8, 2020 9:41 PM
May 2016
Them going with a new ED every 2 episodes is insane, I fucking love it! The last thing I was expecting was a fucking DOOM .wad of Shen mushrooming the cross-eyes, ahah, god I love this adaptation.
Feb 9, 2020 1:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Phlaryx said:
Loved how En was playing his own version of DOOM in the ED. I love how we get new ones every two episodes.

Yes! It's great, isn't it. You can really tell that the guys at MAPPA that are adapting this are having a blast when they go out of their way to do stuff like that.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 9, 2020 2:30 AM
Jan 2016
man as soon as I get money I'm buying all the manga volumes on amazon I'm really enjoying this show
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Feb 9, 2020 3:06 AM

Sep 2013
Very nice episode,the ending was literally 10/10
Deep dark fantasies
Feb 9, 2020 3:17 AM
Dec 2019
New ending again? Seriously?
Really Amazing
Feb 9, 2020 3:44 AM

Aug 2018
yamiyugi101 said:
man as soon as I get money I'm buying all the manga volumes on amazon I'm really enjoying this show

That's the plan as soon as the anime ends

I really like the pacing of the anime and how every single episode reveal important informations. If this was a different anime I would expect some of these to be revealed at the very last arc lol
Feb 9, 2020 4:27 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hahaha the bully sandwich, this episode was really great and tense, Nikaido is awesome
Feb 9, 2020 4:33 AM

Sep 2017
bully sandwich had me dying lol anyway great episode and i wonder what so strange about nikaido's magic
CritiasBGFeb 9, 2020 9:26 AM
Feb 9, 2020 5:08 AM

Dec 2011
We need a Dorohedoro Doom mod.
Feb 9, 2020 5:14 AM

Feb 2020
Great episode and I love the doom reference ending!
Feb 9, 2020 7:18 AM
May 2016
Really good episode overall! I'll be damned, the art direction for this show is stunning and unlike anything I've seen in years. The Sorcerer's World looks so fucking cool, everything about the world of Dorohedoro so far has been super interesting and I'm loving the characters more and more with every appearance. And that ED, lmao, I wonder if by the end of this season we'll get 6 EDs overall? Really does feel like Mappa are having a ton of fun with this adaptation, the direction has been top notch all the way through and MAN the OST was good today, that guitar theme that played during En's conversation with Risu and Nikaido going about her business was fucking awesome and reminded me a bit of Killer7.

Here's a link to the new ED by the way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY3MyHAFc68&feature=emb_title
ModernoirFeb 9, 2020 7:53 AM
Feb 9, 2020 7:56 AM

Jun 2013
New ending each 2 episodes is already crazy, especially when they're so good like the 2nd, but Doom gameplay by En in the 3rd one had me dying! I can't believe OST is so good in this adaptation, I also like music that starts when Kaiman is going to chomp on taxi carpet driver's head.
Feb 9, 2020 7:59 AM

Jun 2015
Lmao where the guy got sandwiched with the corpse of his buddy.
I can't stress it enough how much I appreciate the creativity and originality of this series. It's such a breath of fresh in this currently stale anime state.
Edit: I just realized that there is again another ending. It sounds great and what's better it's a fuckin Doom parordy. 10/10 I love this.
NycroFeb 9, 2020 8:50 AM
Feb 9, 2020 8:18 AM

Aug 2013
Nikaidou Vs Noi, that's something I'm looking forward to.

Feb 9, 2020 8:44 AM
Feb 2020
Im really curious to know what nikaido's smoke do after the old man reaction when he examined it
Feb 9, 2020 9:25 AM
Dec 2017
meganchi said:
Im really curious to know what nikaido's smoke do after the old man reaction when he examined it

He understood what magic she's able to use.
Feb 9, 2020 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
Dorohedoro has become my favourite show this season. I love the characters, the mystery and the pace.

This episode cemented how nothing particularly separates Kaiman+Nikaido (our supposed good guys) from En's group (the supposed antagonists) since neither party adheres to concepts of traditional morality. It's all in the perspective.

The ED was fun.
Feb 9, 2020 10:31 AM

Dec 2014
so like even the man doesn't knkw caiman... damn this just keeps on getting interesting
Feb 9, 2020 11:08 AM

Aug 2018
Intriguing, new elements added about the main plot, which creates many more questions. It was interesting to discover a bit of the Sorcerers' world !

Also the ED haha, a nice reference !
Feb 9, 2020 11:08 AM

May 2016
That bully sandwich is 10/10 cooking, Ebisu puking all over the place is hilarious and the new ED is a banger. Great episode as always.
Feb 9, 2020 11:32 AM
Mar 2019
Whoa. The sorcerer's world feels so different than in the manga!
Feb 9, 2020 1:37 PM

Jul 2019
Ebisu just keeps throwing up. Shin snapped that one dudes neck quite badly. Also the ending is the best one yet. I love the doom gameplay.
Feb 9, 2020 2:28 PM

Jun 2014
Nikaido is ballsy to go charging into En's place all by herself, and now she's going up against Noi again. I feel like this won't end well.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 9, 2020 2:39 PM

Jul 2017
Caiman in Wonderland. What a wonderful way to put Nikaido and Caiman in a land of sorcerers.

LOLS that bully sandwich, what a good way to hamfist in the harsh realities of the strong and weak.

And also, looks like En's followers (Shin, Noi, Fujita, Ebisu) are in for trouble everywhere, scouting for targets, this time the Cross-Eyed Risu (that both Nikaido and Caiman are finding as well). It's the battle of perspectives.

For Nikaido, helping Caiman out as a friend is a win-win situation: figuring out the man in Caiman, and going straight to En's HQ to scout Kisu to help Caiman.

Wow this upcoming battle will be legendary! Oh, and another new ED, the Doom aesthetics are sweet.
Feb 9, 2020 3:13 PM

Apr 2011
Really starting to like this series, it’s definitely edgey but doesnt take itself seriously and has a really cool aesthetic. Definitely going to end up reading the manga, especially if there are only 12 episodes.

Is anyone thinking the masks and a lot of the look is inspired by slipknot and that kind of early 2000s american goth era?

Oh, the new ED is great!
Feb 9, 2020 3:24 PM

Dec 2015
Fintan said:
Is anyone thinking the masks and a lot of the look is inspired by slipknot and that kind of early 2000s american goth era?

The author Q Hayashida loves Slipknot, they snuck in one of their album covers in the shot where Fujita and Ebisu are at the CD shop. She also loves DOOM!
Feb 9, 2020 5:35 PM
May 2016
Sorcerer's world is a nice change from the Hole, and can't wait for Nikaido vs Noi round 2. Really like the new ED, catchy.
Feb 9, 2020 6:28 PM
May 2017
Fintan said:
Really starting to like this series, it’s definitely edgey but doesnt take itself seriously and has a really cool aesthetic. Definitely going to end up reading the manga, especially if there are only 12 episodes.

Oh, the new ED is great!

manga is actually like 100+ chapters. Not super long, but definitely not a short story.
Feb 9, 2020 7:27 PM

Mar 2016
I loved the part of the Uber-carpet. And yeah, that ending is amazing!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Feb 9, 2020 10:11 PM

Jan 2020
Was lowkey hoping they meet at the building and had a round 2 between Shin & Noi.

Nikaido vs Noi looking forward to nxt ep. Nikaido's magic should be interesting

Made by k3ti
Feb 9, 2020 10:14 PM

Jan 2020
el_morris said:
I loved the part of the Uber-carpet. And yeah, that ending is amazing!
lol i didnt even notice the new ed, the mushroom gun..... seems OP xD

Made by k3ti
Feb 10, 2020 4:32 AM

Apr 2011
RabidFish said:
Fintan said:

Oh, the new ED is great!

manga is actually like 100+ chapters. Not super long, but definitely not a short story.

Oh, no I meant if the anime only goes for 12 episodes. I feel like it definitely wont be a full adaptation, that would be cool though. I think this anime will just end up an advertisement for the manga.
Feb 10, 2020 7:06 AM
Jul 2017
Oh, no I meant if the anime only goes for 12 episodes. I feel like it definitely wont be a full adaptation, that would be cool though. I think this anime will just end up an advertisement for the manga.[/quote]

Actually the anime will get another season if it gets enough support. There was another thread that explained this in more detail.
Feb 10, 2020 8:05 AM

Apr 2015
Fintan said:
RabidFish said:

Oh, no I meant if the anime only goes for 12 episodes. I feel like it definitely wont be a full adaptation, that would be cool though. I think this anime will just end up an advertisement for the manga.

I doubt it's an advertisement cuz the manga ended around a year ago or maybe more I am not sure.

Also, the director or producer mentioned that if it gained enough support, a second season is likely.

In Japan, I read somewhere that the pre-order sales for the bluray is 4000+, which hopefully is a good sign. Since it's on Netflix, people just watching the whole series is enough.
MxxxstationFeb 10, 2020 10:27 AM
Feb 10, 2020 8:31 AM
May 2017
Mohammadalmannai said:
Fintan said:

I doubt it's an advertisement cuz the manga ended around a year ago or maybe more I am not sure.

Also, the director or producer mentioned that if it gained enough support, a second season is likely.

In Japan, I read somewhere that the preoder sales for the bluray is 4000+, which hopefully is a good sign. Since it's on Netflix, people just watching the whole series is enough.

ah man, that'd be great. Love the manga, love the story and the characters. A complete anime adaptation would be dope as heck.
Feb 10, 2020 12:53 PM

Apr 2011
Mohammadalmannai said:
Fintan said:

In Japan, I read somewhere that the pre-order sales for the bluray is 4000+, which hopefully is a good sign. Since it's on Netflix, people just watching the whole series is enough.

We’re apparently getting some 5min OVA episodes that will be packed with the bluray.
Feb 10, 2020 3:28 PM
Aug 2016
Amazing episode! It was great to see the sorcerers world in colour. Nikaido definitely knows the in’s and out’s of that world as she is a sorcerer but I don’t think she should have gone to find risu by her self.
Feb 10, 2020 4:23 PM

Jun 2013
I loved the visuals for the ED and the song too!

Nikaido, Shin and Noin are so badass and we finally got to see Risu!

Kikurage looks extra adorable in the Anime adaptation.
臭い-
Feb 10, 2020 6:55 PM

Mar 2015
I'm quite reluctant to believe there are no good ones on this serie, I thought the magic users were the ones to dislike since they were turning people into chimeras but Nikaido and Kaiman just casually killed a taxi driver and a pawnbroker.

Also whats with the bully thing a lot of posters are getting hot with, if I recall Shin and Noi despise weaklings.
kaorinonomiyaFeb 10, 2020 7:22 PM
Feb 10, 2020 7:11 PM
Apr 2011
I don't want to be a prude and I'm loving this show but did Caiman and Nikaido just straight up murder the taxi man and shop keeper. I know some of the sorcerers experiment on the Hole's population but is everyone in the magic realm evil?

Was there a justification mentioned earlier or should I just shut up and and enjoy the amoral, senseless pandemonium?
Feb 11, 2020 1:26 AM
Feb 2020
Is it just me or does the Professor in the beginning of the episode look like Tetsuo from Akira?

Feb 11, 2020 9:27 AM

Mar 2015
Theesaje said:
Is it just me or does the Professor in the beginning of the episode look like Tetsuo from Akira?

Yup, a lot of Dorohedoro characters look as if taken from Akira universe. In an interview she said she likes Akira among other series, she however hasn't confirmed her work is inspired by Akira but is fairly clear that she might have.
Feb 11, 2020 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
Man the girl that wears the skull mas allways makes me laugh asf. XD
Who will win that fight? My bet is on Nikaido.uwu
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2020

112 by Suckmypokeballs »»
May 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

205 by scorpioniclibra »»
Apr 28, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

66 by scorpioniclibra »»
Apr 28, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

70 by scorpioniclibra »»
Apr 27, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

70 by FarCritical »»
Mar 26, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.