Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 12 Discussion

High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even in Another World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 19, 2019 4:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jeanne has really redeemed herself in this show. Looks like Prince Akatsuki had a hidden power and the finale decided to save that for it.

Tsukasa still plays the role of a politican/leader even in this episode. Finale felt rushed with the prodigies facing off against a transformed monster at the climax. Aoi is still a badass but man, that fight or whatever was really underwhelming.
Dec 19, 2019 7:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yeah unfortunately the end is too much rushed I think, but it was predictable
Dec 19, 2019 7:35 AM

Dec 2017
Wew, finally this trash ended. WIth a long unispired speach of a man who is supposed to be a genius in the way of words. And with a long and boring combat, cause of cource it is so interesting to reuse the same villain again, even though he was bad even at his first "life". At least I hope this garbage does not get a second season.
Dec 19, 2019 7:55 AM
Feb 2009
This definitely had potential but it was wasted that it didn't have enough time to build the characters and their motivation for equality/democracy on this new world.
Dec 19, 2019 8:03 AM

Jun 2019
One of the worst anime of this year, can't believe that i lost so many time seeing this shit.
Dec 19, 2019 8:07 AM

Jun 2019
A crappy end for an even crappier show. Im just glad its over now
Dec 19, 2019 8:08 AM
Sep 2015
Just ok but the title is quite misleading, they're not having it easy afterall. There are many isekai anime that are easier than this one, just this season we already have Kemono Michi, and probably Mairimashita! too.
Dec 19, 2019 8:11 AM

Oct 2017
Woa they actually used the missile lol but it still wasn't enough to kill Gustave. Well he died anyway so whatever. Some new characters were introduced but too bad this was the last episode. Enjoyed this season pretty much, hoping for season 2.
Dec 19, 2019 8:24 AM

Jul 2017
m8 they actually did build a nuke? idk though that nuke seemed kinda meh

but geez finally this garbage is over. Was ok in the beginning but then the bs just started piling up on each other (especially that missile scene). I don't even know what Ichijou and Akatsuki were even there for, they literally did piss all. On the bright side I guess it's nice they at least made it so that the protag's weren't afraid of just wiping out their enemies instead of going all friendly with them (even though it was them who strike first)

justice for Ringo/10
Dec 19, 2019 8:46 AM

Apr 2016
The premise for this anime was pretty interesting but the final result failed completely. There are 7 prodigies but the anime failed to build and develop their characters. The story was pretty mediocre , the final fight was bad.
Final score 4/10

Dec 19, 2019 9:09 AM

Aug 2013
That Gustave guy sure doesn't know when to give up. Honestly, she should have chosen a different villain.

4/10 for this season.

Dec 19, 2019 9:39 AM

Apr 2016
I found that the outcome from this episode was predictable: from the nuke to the guy surviving the nuke to being killed as if he wasn't a threat.

I would give it a 5/10, maybe even less if it had dis-likable characters.
Dec 19, 2019 9:58 AM
Jun 2015
I enjoyed the first few episodes of this but it quickly went downhill from there only to end in a magnificent train wreck. It could have been better if they’d used the time they wasted on over the top fan service to develop the characters.
Dec 19, 2019 10:03 AM

Jul 2014
We got 3 science the heck out of an alternate world shows this season and of the three this is by far the worst. Ascendance of a Bookworm and Dr. Stone both are far better.
Dec 19, 2019 10:16 AM

Feb 2016
You dare for put Ascendance of a Bookworm in the same line was this crap
" Dr Stone " ????

Anyways AoB as way better than Choyoyu and as my favorite anime of this season " just losing to Kimetsu no Yaiba as my fav anime of year ".
But I really liked Choyoyu on those 1~11 ep but this this last one as... well
that anime deserved an 25 episodes at least to be a good, but everyone knows when the studios won't wants to spends tons of money on anime thats they don't know if it's will bring back money... " they made mistake at this point in my opinion " .
Dec 19, 2019 10:28 AM

Dec 2016
Flaecy said:
This definitely had potential but it was wasted that it didn't have enough time to build the characters and their motivation for equality/democracy on this new world.

The series stablished from the early episodes that each character was a genius in their own field of expertise. Nobody told Keine how to proceed with a surgery or told Akatsuki how to do magic tricks. Same way Tsukasa was the one fully in charge of the politics and enforced a change thru war for democracy once negotiations failed. We really didn't need to know what was the political stand of every character from the Akatsuki Light if that's what you're refering to build the characters for motivation on equality and democracy.

Also, I can add that the attack to Lyrule's hometown in the early episodes was more than enough to spark Tsukasa's and even Masato's motivation to seek for democracy in a kingdom ruled by an unfair monarchy
KimurahDec 19, 2019 10:47 AM
Dec 19, 2019 10:29 AM

Dec 2016
This was a pretty heated finale.

Tsukasa's speech about how times will be changing reminded me a lot of the famous speech of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, asking the people to make the difference by recognizing their own worth as individuals and throw off the chains given by an outdated regimen.

The fight against Gustave was pretty ok. I could have asked better pace that would make him look more menacing rather than just a static objective.

Overall, it was a pretty fun series that somehow managed to mix lighthearted moments with tense and dark moments. My only gripe was Ringo's backstory that had too much edge for my liking.

In a season filled with isekai, this was easily my 3rd most enjoyable one
Dec 19, 2019 10:32 AM
Sep 2016
When a 15yo's building a nuke is one of the more believable plot twists, you now we have a problem.

Oh, but a nuke wasn't enough to destroy that stupid crystal! What will happen now? Luckily, our hero has a handgun! That did the job. And still, this wasn't the most idiotic thing about this series, and by far.

When it comes to suspension of disbelief, I'm the undisputed regional champion around here but I must confess this show got me.
sushiyukiDec 19, 2019 10:55 AM
Dec 19, 2019 10:55 AM
Apr 2019
I felt that Gustave's death was rather anticlimatic. Was expecting more from this series. Liked the concept but it could've been better
Dec 19, 2019 11:08 AM

Jan 2014
Great potential but in the end turned out to be rather mediocre, also the typical open 'now go read the manga for more' ending is something i personally hate to see. 6/10
Dec 19, 2019 11:51 AM
May 2016
Just garbage in the end.
Dec 19, 2019 12:28 PM

May 2018
Oh, so that's it , Gustave get's killed and no death flags from any of those heavenly 7????
Dec 19, 2019 12:43 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To think that good old Gustav was able to return. Looks like his power has increased substantially as well. In a world populated by nations that will think nothing of starting wars showing force equal to and above them is foremost tactic for diplomacy to be successful. Still given his personality making that move must be killing Tsukasa's heart. Ringo's little speech to support him though was nice. Gustav''s storming of the rally though sure was proved to be a tense affair given his strength. While the threat posed by him was vanquished his death did serve to raise the empire's perception of them as well as introduce some rather interesting new characters into the fray. Overall a solid ep that managed to end the threat posed by Gustav pretty well while also introducing some new characters and developments that will serve as potent additions for the hinted sequel. While eliminated the effects that Gustav's last words had on Tsuskasa though sure created some interesting points that can be used to better develop Tsukasa's beliefs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2019 1:11 PM

Dec 2013
Best I can say is that I'm glad it is finally over, even the fan service felt so unneeded and out of place, I can't even believe I'm saying such a thing.
Dec 19, 2019 2:47 PM
Jul 2019
Honestly, when I saw the ending of this episode, I literally said out loud in a very sarcastic voice, "Wow, they're actually trying to set it up for a second season with more fanservice, bad fight scenes, more cliches, and bad decisions." This show was garbage. I'm glad it's over.
Dec 19, 2019 4:02 PM

Feb 2007
Looking forward to the eventual VividRoo Project spin-off. Mayonnaise/10
Dec 19, 2019 4:29 PM

Dec 2016
Ok. did Tsukasa said he will ban magic?

but overall it was okayish, I seen worse anime (Kenja no Mago and Isekai Cheat Magician) but still low level of recommend. 6/10
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.105/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.182/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.99/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.11/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.74/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.61/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 19, 2019 5:24 PM

May 2013
I say they're about equals to their enemies.
Dec 19, 2019 5:45 PM

Jan 2011
called it 2 weeks ago the "good guys" ended building a nuke which ended up being useless towards Gustav however some steel and a 9mm bullet (correction a rubber bullet!) was enough to finish him off... the fact this trash had the audacity to tease a 2nd season is insane.

there's too many ridiculous plot points to call out for a show that might've turned into something if the writing was even 1/10 decent for now all i can give it is a 5/10 maybe even a 6 due to the art designs being hella good.
Dec 19, 2019 6:01 PM
Jul 2011
I was jaw dropping when the missile killed the "monster".
Just how did, since when, where, why?

"God's Thunderbolt".
"And That's lots of fun"?
"This power will definitely serve as a bridge to happiness for the people of this world"?
What does this even mean?

So the missile explosion is completely healthy?
Nothing such as, radioactive materials in it, Keine solved all those flaws or something.
Everything will be fine?
Dec 19, 2019 6:35 PM

Dec 2015
Finally it's over.
Dec 19, 2019 6:35 PM

Dec 2015
rladls717 said:
I was jaw dropping when the missile killed the "monster".
Just how did, since when, where, why?

"God's Thunderbolt".
"And That's lots of fun"?
"This power will definitely serve as a bridge to happiness for the people of this world"?
What does this even mean?

So the missile explosion is completely healthy?
Nothing such as, radioactive materials in it, Keine solved all those flaws or something.
Everything will be fine?

This anime was flawed from start to finish. Don't try understanding it now.
Dec 19, 2019 6:38 PM

Dec 2015
katsu044 said:
all i can give it is a 5/10 maybe even a 6 due to the art designs being hella good.

That's overly generous if you ask me. My final score is 3/10 And that was only because I wasn't entirely disgusted by it even though it was basically trash. The art was pretty generic honestly, but even if it was Violet Evergarden levels of quality, the plot, dialogue, and characters are just so bad that it wouldn't deserve more than a 5 or 6.
Dec 19, 2019 7:12 PM
Jul 2011
Tsukasa changed his mind as this series goes on.
He at first didn't want to stay and not get too much involved in this world's affair and now he seriously thinking of making part of this world one of their countries. why?

Those "threats" Tsukasa refers to, there are lot of them out there. The new enemies seems like they are begging for those missiles to be fired again. So missiles might be used more than too often that might result in destroying the world in my opinion. And "destroying the world" phrase, Tsukasa himself said that to the other six.

But still, they are supposed to be geniuses, they can easily should have take care of things in a way beyond and better than just using a deadly weapon to force opposing people to be peaceful.
I guess there are still limits.

If things are not supposed to make sense, then why the series is even trying to pretend to make sense then?
rladls717Dec 19, 2019 7:17 PM
Dec 19, 2019 7:13 PM
Nov 2017
HikariKawakawa said:
You dare for put Ascendance of a Bookworm in the same line was this crap
" Dr Stone " ????

Anyways AoB as way better than Choyoyu and as my favorite anime of this season " just losing to Kimetsu no Yaiba as my fav anime of year ".
But I really liked Choyoyu on those 1~11 ep but this this last one as... well
that anime deserved an 25 episodes at least to be a good, but everyone knows when the studios won't wants to spends tons of money on anime thats they don't know if it's will bring back money... " they made mistake at this point in my opinion " .

I think they worried they would run out of source material since they only have 8 for light novel and 7 for manga so hopefully they decided to stop halfway to procure a chance at season 2 but I doubt it. I actually enjoyed some of it and wish I got to be prince at the massage parlor but maybe he might be a she but it’s so weird that every girl in the anime is either flat chested or huge. I thought Roo was very kawaii bc I love animal girls. Anyway it would’ve been nice to at least see who the emperor is or to maybe say there is no emperor and it’s e blue haired general. Also who is the other elf, is she good or bad. I bet we will never know. 6/10
Dec 19, 2019 7:25 PM

Dec 2015
Sticked through just to see how bad this show can get. Turns out it is so bad that it's even terrible at being bad. I had to bump up isekai smartphone to a 2/10 to make place for this show.

The art is actually pretty good, which makes me hate it even more considering how many decent series got shitty studio with no budget.

Now give me a moment to erase this from my memory.
XXXXXXXXXIIIDec 26, 2019 8:12 PM
Dec 19, 2019 8:02 PM
Sep 2017
It’s a shame - this show started out fairly decent, and the premise was kinda interesting, but then they started making hi-tech equipment practically out of thin air, which was ridiculous, as they weren’t using magic as an explanation. I was starting to accept the silliness of that, and a few of the mid-season episodes were decent, with the merchant guy, but then the “running as fast as a missile to hand-steer it” thing just really annoyed me. And now with the crystal thing in his chest - a (I guess nuclear?) bomb can’t put a scratch on it, but a sword cuts it and a bullet shatters it. (Extreme eye roll). Not going to miss this show, even though Tsukasa was kinda cute sometimes, lol.
Dec 19, 2019 8:41 PM

Jul 2015
Well... this was at least slightly interesting... kind of... not really. It was just boring, especially compared to other Isekai this season. And the only thing worse than a bad anime, is a boring one, at least to me anyway.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 19, 2019 9:00 PM

Jan 2011
Hylianticipated said:
katsu044 said:
all i can give it is a 5/10 maybe even a 6 due to the art designs being hella good.

That's overly generous if you ask me. My final score is 3/10 And that was only because I wasn't entirely disgusted by it even though it was basically trash. The art was pretty generic honestly, but even if it was Violet Evergarden levels of quality, the plot, dialogue, and characters are just so bad that it wouldn't deserve more than a 5 or 6.
yeah i was being very generous with this show but the more i think about anything related to it i want to rate it lower but i save 4s for the death march's of anime with zero redeeming qualities Choujin was so stupid with how it took everything silly it did head on seriously was laughable it still managed to get me coming back each week to see what more dumb stuff it'd pull
Dec 19, 2019 10:23 PM
Sep 2019
viniciust48 said:
One of the worst anime of this year, can't believe that i lost so many time seeing this shit.
I forced myself because I have no life and it’s week to week but this shit was horrible, the only halfway decent things were that the girls were cute even tho only 2 had some personality, the fan service decent, the op catchy, and while everybody has stupid asspulls they tried limiting it to their respective fields barely, but this and cheat magician are easily in a bloody battle to see which one of their shows are worse. I mean look at that retarded fight in the end and how while spewing fire they could apparently get near him and do the most basic bait and switch ever. And apparently bullets severely limited his speed for some reason, I hates the mc and magician and really wanted them both to die I hate this show so much
Dec 20, 2019 4:27 AM

Jun 2016
this anime had potential !!

i hope they make sequel for this

season 2 kinda more interesting i pretty sure ..
Dec 20, 2019 5:01 AM

Sep 2016
Quite the "eh" episode compared to the others.

A bit rushed and without much substance, sigh.

Well, at least now we know that this world isn't ready for democracy yet apparently.
Also we got a glimpse of some of the big 7's weaknesses.
So everyone cannot just say they're just OP, lol.
bruh
Dec 20, 2019 5:11 AM

Nov 2013
it was ok, nothing good but not that bad either, it has lots of flaws but it is a decent way to pass the time

i specially liked Shinobu and will be adding her to my blog as a secondary favorite <3

the other characters weren't as fun for me, but some of them did decent stuff, even if half of those were hard to believe lol

overall i'll be giving it 5/6, one of the lowest this season, not because i didn't like it but because it had those flaws and some characters were too strong for my liking, and because i don't want to give high scores to everything LOL i wonder if i would watch a season 2
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Dec 20, 2019 5:20 AM

Jul 2017
It seems that Ringo has her information wrong about Gustave, he's still alive. Being able to penetrate like the Dark Arts, to think that the prodigies could counter this would be a miracle on its own.

To rile up against the "monster" that is Gustave and his insane power, the nation of the prodigies bond together...in the sense that even Tsukasa, the peacemaking politician, has no choice but to subject its citizens to democracy. Tell me if that ever made sense in the first place.

While Gustave etched the truth to Tsukasa, is it perchance that they'll tackle the issue? Even if there is a Season 2 to this, I'll just pass this up.

What a show to forget, the No.5 of 5 isekai worth watching as a dumpster fire.
Dec 20, 2019 5:32 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Thank God this series is finally over. Personally I thought this anime struggled to its way out of the gate due to the plot being all over the pace and lack of character development from the prodigies with the exception of Ringo and Tsukasa. Having Gustave survive took away the destructive power of the nuke and it was a waste of resources. Its a shame because the anime had good character designs and the female characters were either cute or hot.

I give this anime a 3/10 due to the overuse of mayonnaise and I hate mayonnaise. Good riddance and God forbid if this anime gets a second season.

May 2012
I hope it gets 2nd season. I really want to know what happens next

Can anyone tell me what chapter in manga after the watching anime ??

Mar 2019
First 2/3 ep was really good but then the quality seems to drop.
But it managed Someho.
Overall a good show.
If you Are not too picky you will enjoy

Dec 20, 2019 10:56 AM

Dec 2014
Well that was an okayish end...hmmm ok i guess
Dec 20, 2019 12:23 PM

May 2015
This was quite the enjoyable anime to watch. It was a nice chill watch inbetween the other stuff I watched this season.

This last episode seemed more to be showing us whats the come or whats next in the Light Novel which is a bit of a shame since they basically spent the entire last episode doing so when normally it would just be a 1 minute part at the end.

I think I'll definitely give the Light Novel a try if its been translated since I really like these stories of building a country e.g Log Horizon type of thing.

I did find during the last few episodes it to be funny how cliched some of the scene were with the swoop in to save the day hero style. Like that scene with the doctor coming to help the patients and Shinobu helping that knight. Its a pleasently cringy series.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 20, 2019 1:49 PM

Dec 2009

And this is why we must always have nukes if we encounter aliens.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2019

47 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 31, 11:26 PM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2019

163 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 29, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

81 by ToleratedToast6 »»
Jul 22, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2019

66 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 28, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2019

44 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 28, 9:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.