Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2015 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol Rika is funny. Just have to prove something to the kids huh?

Well this episode got a bit tense with Mika Jougasak as well.
I thought the way the kids were portrayed was cute though. It's like they draw inspirations from the idols who are like their role models.
Aug 7, 2015 9:14 AM

Nov 2008
Almost every favorite Cinderella Girl for me was shown in this episode

Only Kozue and Arisu are left to be shown, we got a voiced Momoka and Kaoru along with Yukimi (with cat ears which is nice), Koharu, and Mai, Nina is still the most adorable of the bunch.

Miria is surprisingly a big sister and I'm glad her family seen her in the variety show.

LOL at Rika sneaking in some sexy in the cute variety show, nice handbag.

Aug 7, 2015 10:51 AM

Aug 2008
The first good episodes of this sequel so far.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 7, 2015 11:16 AM

Nov 2012
this was a nice episode. we got some more insight on rika, mika and miria which was cool.
Aug 7, 2015 12:00 PM

Mar 2013
Need more Jougasaki episode. Mika by far my favorite idol. Moral of this episode is be yourself.
Aug 7, 2015 12:19 PM

Apr 2011
With those young idols they can make an all loli idol unit. I think that would be amazing.

Its nice to know more about Miria and the Jougasaki sisters.
Aug 7, 2015 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
Rika looked good in that kindergartener outfit.
Aug 7, 2015 2:46 PM

Mar 2009

Nice job translating Anastasia's Russian, Funimation. Whatever that's supposed to be...

Other than that, this was a very cute episode. Poor Miria, but she handled it in a mature way.
Aug 7, 2015 4:47 PM

May 2011
Mika bes ep
Aug 7, 2015 6:26 PM

Jan 2011
not a half bad episode
Aug 7, 2015 7:24 PM
Sep 2014
Mormegil said:
Nice job translating Anastasia's Russian, Funimation. Whatever that's supposed to be...

It's a problem with the encoding.
Aug 7, 2015 7:27 PM

May 2014
I like Miria a lot more now, a little bit of development goes a long way for some of these girls that have gotten the short end of the stick so far screen time wise. It was also pleasant to see Airi make a little cameo and Nina is still the cutest.

I counted two definite little smiles from TakeP, and there was audible happiness in his voice but only a questionable looking egao on his face near the end with Mika.
Aug 8, 2015 1:04 AM

Aug 2008
zetsubousei_hero said:
Need more Jougasaki episode. Mika by far my favorite idol. Moral of this episode is be yourself.

Agree. Mika and Rin best girl for me. Mika need more screen time.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 8, 2015 6:40 AM

Mar 2014
That was lovely
Aug 8, 2015 7:06 AM

Jun 2014
This whole restructuring arc is pretty goddamn-awful and draggy. Too much drama and no real underlying narrative, apart from girls struggling to adapt to a corporate crisis in the most superficial way. With the sheer number of main cast, each character gets paper-thin development as it is, I honestly couldn't care less about the exaggerated personal issues of each girl.

The whole manufactured idol/talent charade is so fake it's hard not to cringe. I get the point that the girls are supposed to be individuals with SMILES blah blah, but I liked the series better when it had a point, like in Season 1.
Lets hope for some redemption in the coming episodes.
Aug 8, 2015 8:23 AM

Dec 2010
best ep so far
last ep bring the second best
miria :3
Aug 8, 2015 12:22 PM

Aug 2013
Really nice episode
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 8, 2015 1:30 PM

Jul 2014
ramenshoujo said:
This whole restructuring arc is pretty goddamn-awful and draggy. Too much drama and no real underlying narrative, apart from girls struggling to adapt to a corporate crisis in the most superficial way. With the sheer number of main cast, each character gets paper-thin development as it is, I honestly couldn't care less about the exaggerated personal issues of each girl.

The whole manufactured idol/talent charade is so fake it's hard not to cringe. I get the point that the girls are supposed to be individuals with SMILES blah blah, but I liked the series better when it had a point, like in Season 1.

This sums up exactly how I feel about this second season so far.
Aug 8, 2015 11:56 PM

Nov 2011
Magito said:
With those young idols they can make an all loli idol unit. I think that would be amazing.

I second that notion.
Aug 9, 2015 2:04 AM
Aug 2015
Look, I get that a show that is based on the entertainment industry would want to have some tension by having a "(private) identity vs (public) image" discussion (I liked the mid-episode Anzu - Kirari debate, because the stance of each side jived with each personality). I even appreciate that there's a main baddie who would want to control the public image.

But at the very least, if you're gonna tell me that changes are made because a division is underperforming, show me something that would make me believe that. Showing me scenes where Mika's posters and advertisements seem to be well received, and then telling me in the next scene that their division has to make the changes doesn't make sense. Maybe show me some scenes where each division's performance is clearly ranked? Or even some throwaway line about x division having a much better performance than y division? Give me something to support your flimsy motivation, please.

Oh, and that discussion about how 346 Studios is a part of the Mishiro entertainment conglomerate made me curious. Maybe the chairwoman has a point: the current 346 Studios (idol-centric) image may not fit the ethos of the bigger conglomerate. Again, if they want to pursue this angle, show me something that will make me believe it.

...or not. Continue being a show about cute girls doing cute things, and about perseverance and hope and all that positive stuff, I guess.
Aug 9, 2015 7:08 AM

Apr 2012
I like this one, especially since it seemed to me that Rika was one of the characters in S1 who got the short end of the stick, now she has more screentime.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Aug 9, 2015 10:52 AM

Apr 2012
Those Kid Idols was cute and adorable, wish I can be their Producer LoL.

Mika and Rika learned that they just need to be themselves no matter what.

Miria sure is gonna become dependable big sister.

overall it was good episode.

[update]

Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls episode 5 preview :

seems next episode will feature Kanako and Chieri, but maybe Anzu too,so I guess Candy Island's group episode.
Zero_ZX13Aug 10, 2015 11:50 AM
Aug 12, 2015 1:31 PM
Dec 2010
ramenshoujo said:

Pretty much what I think as well. This season is trying too hard to go for some drama and that's causing me to lose interest. I mean, I get it, becoming an idol is not easy and can involve a lot of BS (as was shown in WUG), but given the overall positive tone of the first season, this season just feels way too negative in comparison.
Aug 12, 2015 10:24 PM

May 2013
Hmmmmmmmmm, Mika doesn't look bad, but the mature guise doesn't suit her as well as her former "gal-style" or whatever it was.

Too many princess analogies. That variety show is good news for the girls.

WHO SUBBED THE EPISODE I'M WATCHING. ANASTASIA'S RUSSIAN LITERALLY CAME OUT AS: "D-DuD>>DdegNZ NfD'DdegN++D,."

Like your logic, Rika. But that director with the glasses' voice did NOT sound right. Momoka Sakurai... I like her already.

Poor Miria. The baby crying interruption is such a coincidence.
Mika became older while Rika became younger.

Those tears were super unexpected. They just... POOF.

Who's that girl with the blue hair and cat ears. * v * Mika worked it great.
Aug 13, 2015 12:19 AM

Feb 2010
My favorite chapter by far! Good plot and well developed.
Mika is defintnelly my favorite character in this series.
Also, as a big sister myself, found pretty emotional the Mika-Miria escene <3
"...To kiss, that beautiful woman cherry-like lips"
Aug 13, 2015 9:06 AM

Aug 2012
Good episode, but at the end all I could think about was Mika's hand..

Aug 25, 2015 4:58 AM

Jul 2009
Ahhhh, finally, an episode showing a bit more of focus on Mika, my favourite CG. You go, Jougasaki sisters~

^ O-oh. I thought it was weird, but now that I see a closeup is even worse...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2015 9:05 AM

Jul 2014
So mika technically like doing HOE positions when she poses. LOL
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Oct 4, 2015 11:23 AM

Jan 2010
This episode managed to balance Rika, Mika, and Miria screentime and development really well. It gave everyone enough attention, didn't overextend itself, kept things mellow without going too overboard, and still wrapped things up in a nice, simple way. I'm surprised.
Nov 18, 2015 4:45 AM
Mar 2014
Great Episode.Probably one of the best (y)
Dec 12, 2015 9:39 AM

Sep 2014
Now this was a really good episode. Miria-chan finally got some screentime.
Jan 16, 2016 8:23 PM

Oct 2011
Zapredon said:
zetsubousei_hero said:

Agree. Mika and Rin best girl for me. Mika need more screen time.

This sums up how I feel about iM@S CG. Mika >>>>>>> Rin >>>>>>>>> everyone else.
I definitely need more Mika screentime. Especially in her casual clothes (though without the hat because I like her hair way too much, especially that pony-/sidetail). I mean, I love her gal idol outfit and the clothes she did the advertisment with were pretty, too. Nothing beats her own style though.
Oct 11, 2016 3:11 PM

May 2010
Finally a well-directed episode! Best drama episode yet 'cause it was more of sol drama than heavy. The change of mood was great. Rika, Miria, and Mika all had precious smiles at the end of he day.
Sep 30, 2017 3:25 AM

Jul 2015
Loli party.

That baby was just trolling lmao.
Oct 28, 2017 9:27 PM

Oct 2016
I really like this episode. It's so heartwarming it melt my tears. The friendship is strong too.
Jun 28, 2020 11:28 AM

May 2018
Sexy Rika is best Rika. I will say it until I'm in the grave! Tʜᴇ FBI ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴍᴇ!!!
Jun 11, 2021 5:46 AM
Apr 2019
This suprised me,even amongst its roster of forced melodrama this was like breathing fresh air after a long time.
Trying to think what made it effective,might just be it involved Mika whom we know from S1,cinderella girls has struggled so far handling its new characters,and it just keeps adding.This time,no new charac just using the old ones,
Cheerful and very expressive tense of Miria, sexiness supported by Mika's overall adoring vive and silly attitude of her imouto Rika- everything came together and made a heartwarming episode

Wish every episodes were as good as this...I wish...
Aug 21, 2021 7:57 AM

Feb 2020
Miria is too adorable. :3 She's such a great and dependable onee-chan.

SerafosDec 22, 2023 3:46 AM
Jun 12, 2022 6:09 AM

Aug 2018
So this new concept is going full boring, I guess?.. No personalities allowed for girls.. ;D Sad that it's actually a thing in real world at times as well..
Well.. Idea of making elementary school girls.. Isn't really using idols' personalities either, though.. ;D I mean, Rika would like something sexy, as she says..
Sweet to see that Mika and Miria went to hang out at karaoke.. ;P
And then got to talk closer as well.. It seems that maybe they'll become friends in the future as well..
May 2, 2023 9:17 PM

Feb 2021
Amazing episode, Rika is one of my favorites.
May 15, 6:31 PM
Apr 2024
Muy bonito y reflexivo

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2015

58 by Natdrewathing »»
Jan 30, 12:10 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

47 by HibiChika »»
Jan 9, 12:17 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

77 by HibiChika »»
Jan 8, 12:49 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2015

88 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 20, 2023 12:13 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

56 by MadanielFL »»
May 4, 2023 10:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.