Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2015 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Skimmed through this a somewhat since most of it is recap but the beginning still is quite memorable because of Eren's tragic past. The movie highlighted some of the most important events including Eren saving Armin (one of the most memorable events imo)

Was fun to relive some of the movie though in particular the mission at the end.

>GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EREN
Stark700Mar 28, 2015 5:27 PM
Mar 22, 2015 9:24 AM

Jan 2015
Hello!

Im looking for crimson bow and arrow online with english sub for ages, but i just can't find it, could you please send me a link? Or its not available online yet, only for download?
Mar 27, 2015 2:20 AM

Aug 2012
SkullProX said:
Hello!

Im looking for crimson bow and arrow online with english sub for ages, but i just can't find it, could you please send me a link? Or its not available online yet, only for download?
It is out in raw, give it a few more days for it to be sub.
Mar 27, 2015 6:28 AM

Jun 2014
it was a good recap, ya I saw it in raws as well

Mar 27, 2015 10:32 AM

Oct 2013
it was good. also like how they change the soundtracks to give it a different feel.
Mar 28, 2015 5:15 PM

Sep 2014
still no subs? -_-
Mar 29, 2015 12:07 PM
Mar 2015
sim0n2170 said:
SkullProX said:
Hello!

It is out in raw, give it a few more days for it to be sub.

please , can anyone post a link with the movie subed ?
Mar 30, 2015 1:31 AM

Jul 2013
It was mostly meh for the most part, coz the stiff animation breaks the immersion, there were new scenes added but I kinda wished Wit reanimated some crucial scenes, like the Elite Squad protecting Eren coz imo that wasn't really animated that well. I gotta admit though the new soundtracks were great, kuddos to Sawano.
Apr 9, 2015 8:17 PM

Sep 2013
It's been 4 months and I still couldn't find it in English sub so I am guessing no one will sub it since it is just parts of season 1. You can literally watch it RAW, there is nothing new. I don't know Japanese but I watch it RAW. Here is the link for anyone who is interested in it.

http://watchsnk.net/2014/04/watch-attack-on-titan-movie-1-the-crimson-of-bows-and-arrows/
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Apr 9, 2015 8:41 PM

Oct 2014
Jose07 said:
It's been 4 months and I still couldn't find it in English sub so I am guessing no one will sub it since it is just parts of season 1. You can literally watch it RAW, there is nothing new. I don't know Japanese but I watch it RAW. Here is the link for anyone who is interested in it.

http://watchsnk.net/2014/04/watch-attack-on-titan-movie-1-the-crimson-of-bows-and-arrows/

Thanks^^
Apr 10, 2015 4:41 PM
Dec 2014
Is this still not subbed?
Apr 13, 2015 6:50 AM

Jan 2013
Even watching it in raw and the film having half the air time the first 13 episodes the show had ... it felt like they left a lot of important things out.

7/10
PrOxAntoDec 29, 2015 6:36 AM
Apr 23, 2015 10:19 PM

Nov 2012
I just watched it with (good) Spanish subs. I didn't enjoy it that much mostly because I was wondering the whole time "how are they going to fit half a season in 2 hours in a coherent way?" Halfway through the movie I was consciously thinking "dude, just enjoy the movie". I guess I was a bit too concerned about the pacing.
Taking into consideration that I watched it subbed, I can say the movie is basically a rehash of the first cour minus some scenes for obvious reasons. I think some scenes had extended dialogue, but I'm not 100% sure (e.g. the conversation between Eren and drunk Hahnnes-san seemed longer to me). The only new scene that I was able to identify for sure (it's been a while since I read the manga) is that scene when Mikasa grabs Eren and takes him out of the dining room. The dialogues, location, and other elements were changed from the manga, though, it's like they tried to compress and make up for all the character development that was lost for not including the training arc, so this part feels more like an alternative retelling rather than a bonus scene.
I liked that they skipped almost completely that part when Eren transforms partially in front of the Garrison, it was really really slow in the anime.
Initially I suspected this movie was mostly for the fans and after watching it my fears are confirmed; it's just not really good for introducing new people to the series. Character development suffers a lot: Armin gets more development than Mikasa! While it is understandable that some of her badass scenes are removed for timing, her past is shown in some 2-second long flashbacks. Also the titan biology lessons are totally absent and their weak point is alluded indirectly. So, for a fan, this is basically the first cour minus most of the slow parts, (a nice recap indeed) but a newcomer will be left with many questions such as "Is Mikasa into incest?" Some good editing was done in some scenes where the dialogue of one character is put in another character's scene that didn't have any speech in the anime, it really helps trimming down the run time.
The music choice was as good as always but kinda awkward in some scenes: they don't use any of the insert songs from the anime (I DID miss them) and instead we only have the same soundtrack of the anime with some new remixes here and there. The new insert songs are cool but they appear in other scenes. I liked the few new songs, especially the more orchestral Guren no Yumiya version.
The animation and art is of course are as good as always, basically the Blu-Ray version of the anime with a couple of new scenes. Some still images remain reworked just like in the Blu-Ray release, but I don't mind them.
tl;dr Nice quick blu-ray quality recap for fans but I'd rather watch the anime. Not recommendable for newcomers as there are many things unexplained.
7/10
kchorrex2012Apr 23, 2015 10:37 PM
Apr 24, 2015 5:30 AM

Jun 2008
New animation and new soundtrack :) I like the new stuff that are added but i prefer the original OST that they initially used in the actual series though for the scenes :( They trimmed down lot of stuff but no surprise there considering how it's just a recap movie x.x Lot of character development were omitted ;_;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2015 3:58 AM

Jan 2015
That "catfight" scene from the manga between Jean and Eren was the highlight of the movie for me.
Kinda sad they didn't put it in the anime, along with the tatoo that became somehow sewing during Mikasa flashback.
May 10, 2015 4:43 AM

May 2014
Wow, that was exactly as bad as I expected it to be. Honestly, this has no use other than as a memory refresher for the second season.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
May 12, 2015 11:37 AM

Aug 2011
LPGeneratorx said:
Honestly, this has no use other than as a memory refresher for the second season.
死ねカス国に帰れ
May 15, 2015 4:14 PM

Jun 2010
Shout out to Hanes. guy was like "leave it to me, ill kill it" . . . 10 seconds later "Aint nobody got time for that"
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
May 21, 2015 3:29 AM

Aug 2012
Looks like they changed the fight scene with Jean and Eren with Mikasa carrying Eren out. Also they uncensored the Franz death scene. Decent recap with 5.1ch which sounds amazing, but still prefer the original TV series choice of music in most of the scenes.
Jun 7, 2015 12:33 AM
Mar 2012
Definitely one of the better recaps movies I've seen, you can actually watch this and understand what is going on. A really great refresher of the TV series and I enjoyed the change in soundtrack for some scenes to spice the movie up a bit. In all honesty, it was a good standalone movie, but nonetheless the TV series is obviously better. The new ending themes though~ <3
Jun 8, 2015 8:02 AM

Apr 2011
I miss this anime.

Can't wait for the sequel next year.

Jun 25, 2015 12:11 PM
Mar 2013
Have some details been changed or is it just me ?? oxo
Jun 26, 2015 7:19 AM

Aug 2012
Saray said:
Have some details been changed or is it just me ?? oxo
Yea some minor scenes were changed.
Jul 14, 2015 11:51 PM

Jun 2012
I wasnt a fan of most of the new tracks but I did like that all the unneeded content and padding was cut out.
Aug 26, 2015 11:03 PM

Mar 2012
It wasn't humanity that won for the first time, it was more like one of the enemies won against his own race.

Meh, I can't rate this correctly since I lost all the hype since I've watched this once and know everything that happens but it was kind of a memory refresh for me, it was pretty good actually, I'd certainly rate it a 10 if it was my first time watching it but I'm going to give it a 9 for such an amazing story it is.
Sep 30, 2015 2:31 AM

Apr 2009
Nothing new. 6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2015 12:27 PM

Jun 2015
I watched it to refresh my memory of the series and it served me well. Hell better than most of recaps.
Nov 20, 2015 8:42 PM

Jan 2012
i never been so hyped with a recap
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 13, 2016 4:36 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
They went over the training fast, but the action wasn't cut out that much. A properly made recap movie indeed. Still prefer the old soundtracks.

4/5
Apr 27, 2016 8:46 AM

Sep 2008
I love it!
I envy those who viewed it at the cinema! *.*

I love this story, animation, music and cast!
Just this series is so good! <3

Some scenes make me cry more than in first time...
I was like "Oh, no... this is this scene. Don't cry... don't cry..."
I tried, but I failed...
Really, this bring me so many tears...

Now I want see second movie, before second season will start! xD
Oct 3, 2016 8:32 PM

Jan 2008
Decided to watch this cause noticed the 2nd movie was out too.

Never noticed how much Mikasa cries in the series. Is... is this what they call gap moe?!
Dec 30, 2016 6:54 AM

May 2016
This was a nice jog in the memory bank~ Even if there were some scenes omitted that I wanted to watch as well, it was still a decent recap for the key events.

How I cheered when Eren finally triggered Atlas mode and started carrying that boulder~ I didn't notice how expressive Mikasa was in the anime :o She looks so adorable when she's sad because it makes me want to hug her tight.

Mar 31, 2017 11:10 AM

Sep 2014
Not bad for a recap I guess, but not fantastic either. It felt a bit wrong, like watching from a distance.
What bugs me the most is that they left out the potatoe scene. Like thats the reason this anime was so great! Potatoe girl!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 1, 2017 6:39 AM

Feb 2013
Epic recap!
This is how you have to do it, well, if you liked the anime you will like the recap.
Apr 8, 2017 6:58 PM

Apr 2012
Good recap, actually works as a film but weird how they cut out the whole standoff with Eren once they found he could transform. We just join them after they've fired the cannon.
Jun 19, 2017 2:17 PM

Jul 2015
This recap movie and the second one were very useful before starting watching season 2.
Jun 29, 2017 8:33 PM

May 2012
For what it's worth as a 13 episode recap, they actually packed it pretty well if you ask me. The general story of these 13 episodes are well compressed to this 2 hour movie. I do wonder what the second recap movie has to offer but in general it's a good revisit before I start the second season.
Apr 6, 2019 2:06 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
It was Good, I skipped through some part for I have already a fresh memory of the plot in my head, just in preparation for the second part of season 3.
I like that it had just the most important highlights and fight scenes, it really works well as a quick recap.
Jun 13, 2019 9:43 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty cool movie!

Squeezing 13 episodes into a 2-hour length movie isn’t easy at all but I think they did a job good enough to do so. Some of the more memorable moments stayed through and reliving through those was a great experience (despite having gone through them already only a couple days back)! I wonder why they removed the sound of Eren’s heartbeat when Mikasa was searching for a pulse though. It’s like one of those moments that really stayed with me over the years so a little ticked off as to why they decided not to give it the full treatment it deserved. But other than that, it was good. Soundtrack usage differed during some of the scenes also and while I would’ve appreciated had they used more varying music, one being during the revelation of the top 10 cadets for instance, it was still great! Sawano Hiroyuki, glad to always have you around really!

Looking forward to checking out the second recap movie soon! Female Titan Arc is my favourite arc of the entire franchise after all so obviously hyped to go through that experience yet again!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 15, 2020 7:27 PM

Jul 2009
It was amazing recap! Of course, they had to skip some of the minute details. But for 2 hours, they were able to recap the first 13 episodes amazingly!

They even added and change some of the music in some of the scenes. The ED song at the credits is soo amazing!! Definitely my favorite in the series!

I don't understand why they are making another movie which recaps the first 3 seasons? Why not just have Season 3 only movie since Season 1 (Guren/Tsubasa) and Season 2 (Kakusei) already have movie version?

Unless they plan on using MAPPA for the new movies. It just doesn't make sense for S1 and S2 again.

I keep forgetting how terrifying and visceral SNK is. Watching this on BD, you can see all the blood/gore in full HD glory!

Good fucking stuff!!

It slowly bringing me back to the series again!! Can't wait for the rest of the movies!

9/10!
Jul 2, 2020 9:54 PM
Jul 2020
Tolong ksh bnyk dan ksh rilis season 4 nyaAsik bgt
Apr 23, 2023 9:44 AM

Nov 2010
That scene of Titan Eren to the rescue of Mikasa and when he starts destroying those other Titans still made me feel emotional. The OST that played during those scenes was so damn good!
The OST + Eren coming out of that Titan's body and Mikasa running after him also made me emotional.
Damn, that OST that played during their plan to seal off the breach with a boulder is so damn epic! It gave me goosebumps.
Good summary. I needed this. I haven't seen AoT since 2013.
Nov 30, 2023 6:03 PM
Jul 2018
Recap anime, but still watched it all the way through. It's good refresher.
Samsung Notes 2015.

More topics from this board

» Now available on HBO Max

JohanJ04 - Mar 31, 2022

0 by JohanJ04 »»
Mar 31, 2022 12:20 AM

» Funimation to Screen Attack on Titan Compilation Films in U.S. Theaters in March

Salamander2170 - Mar 3, 2017

0 by Salamander2170 »»
Mar 3, 2017 9:51 PM

» Attack On Titans Movie?

Fate-Rielly - Jul 8, 2015

7 by EvenJellyOn »»
Sep 9, 2015 10:47 PM

» New animation?

vigorousjammer - Feb 7, 2015

4 by Br4nd0nHeat »»
Apr 27, 2015 5:46 AM

» Theme song

Salamander2170 - Nov 21, 2014

3 by Estherella »»
Apr 24, 2015 5:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.