Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2015 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, such a weird way for the episode to start.

Funny looking monkey as well. And for this episode, I thought it got a kinda crazy with that flashy car. I want it with the accessories it comes with the wheels! Pretty wild episode.
Mar 8, 2015 7:54 AM

May 2009
Wow, car from Speed Racer
Mar 8, 2015 8:57 AM

Jul 2010
Ga-chan's turn to carry his weight and help the others.

That was like surfing on an avalanche. He really is a completely different man now, with all those feats that he pulled off and successfully saved the group.

Ride with the wind, dandy

Goro's device on his eye does look interesting, a manipulation device of some sort.
Mar 8, 2015 9:43 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Dem Speed Racer references lol xD

Gachan was the star of the episode and I enjoyed seeing him prove his worth yet again this week

But the main thing is that finally we have some major plot progression and our gang have arrived at the city
Mar 8, 2015 9:50 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fantastic! Gatchan with his one man show was brilliant and entertaining.

Goro finally remembering bits :D
Mar 8, 2015 9:51 AM

May 2013
Garo is starting to remember some things. That car though lol.
Mar 8, 2015 9:51 AM

Feb 2012
So this is Gatchan's "character-based" episode before the final conflict? I'll give Yatterman Night some credit and admit that at least I understood the purpose of this episode. Unfortunately, the way the prison just blows up is plain pathetic. All those layers and it turns out you just need to run a truck into the reactor? There's kids' show and then there's Bonkers.

One last thing: I can assume we don't care about the plot anymore, right? Because if these characters can survive a massive explosion with no consequences whatsoever, how am I supposed to believe any of the torture that the Yatterman are "supposedly" capable of?
FlawfinderMar 8, 2015 10:11 AM
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Mar 8, 2015 10:11 AM

Aug 2013
oh man gatchan is such a beast
Yo
Mar 8, 2015 10:53 AM

Aug 2010
I want to be that monkey and have Allouete carry me >.< Even the dog wanted to help her :P So pure <3 Finally Gacchan showing he's BA :3
Mar 8, 2015 11:27 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The beginning was fkin retarded and usually i laugh at retarded stuff but this, just .. no.

However the rest of the episode was fun !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 8, 2015 12:05 PM

Sep 2013
Well.. the start of the episode was very cliche villain, "THIS IS MY LAST CHANCE TO PROVE MYSELF" which is often in these mostly episodic superhero series.

Then it shoves naked crotches and asses in my face before putting Leopard in nothing but a towel and having her dance. Yeah, this doesn't make me laugh show, it just makes me annoyed and a bit creep'd out.

The rest of the episode was alright though. It at least had some relevance to the overarching plot. Galina has shown to be more grown up and responsible now that he's adapted to the insanity of the Doronbow crew.

The reference to Speedracer got a quick chuckle out of me but not because it was "funny" but because as Captain America put it, "I understood that reference".

Though, I don't understand how Galina knew that pressing the A button was exactly what was needed to avoid the enemies attack... So many asspulls in this show that it almost takes away from any tension that could possible come out of it. Also, it was fairly anticlimactic that all they did was drive a truck into the prison and it exploded but with what the truck driver said with the whole, "I guess if you blow up the core you could escape" thing, I thought they were going to be captured and next episode was just going to be blowing up the prison by destroying the core. Good that it wasn't but what we got wasn't great either.

So Goro is a... mind controlled person? I guess... He's probably Alouette's father. They finally made it to the city, so I guess it might be more plot focused now but it's pretty late. lol
Mar 8, 2015 12:10 PM

Dec 2010
I've never seen Speed Racer before, but even I knew these references! Gatchan actually got to do something relevant, and now Goro is out of the picture and beginning to remember everything. So apparently there are 12 Yatter Gods? I wish they would have been introduced earlier in the story, they could have been an interesting addition!
Mar 8, 2015 12:30 PM

Feb 2012
Keten said:
So many asspulls in this show that it almost takes away from any tension that could possible come out of it.

I think any tension that could have come from this show was nuked into orbit a long time ago.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Mar 8, 2015 12:56 PM

Sep 2013
Flawfinder said:
Keten said:
So many asspulls in this show that it almost takes away from any tension that could possible come out of it.

I think any tension that could have come from this show was nuked into orbit a long time ago.

Very true. Ever since Boyacky first pulled a mecha out of his ass I guess.
Mar 8, 2015 1:12 PM
Jan 2014
Keten said:
Though, I don't understand how Galina knew that pressing the A button was exactly what was needed to avoid the enemies attack... So many asspulls in this show that it almost takes away from any tension that could possible come out of it.

Well he only pressed it because that button lit up.
Everything else I agree with.

Mar 8, 2015 1:46 PM

Feb 2013
Glad this episode wasn't a complete waste like I thought it might end up being. One can only hope that the show's childish antics won't continue to betray the rest of the effort, though this late in the game I doubt that'll be the case.
Mar 8, 2015 2:08 PM
Jul 2018
Gatchan is showing how badass he is.
Mar 8, 2015 3:10 PM

Jan 2014
In almost every episode of this series, something weird happens and the gang is somewhere strange, making me think that I somehow must have skipped an episode because nothing makes sense.

Hmm Garo could be Alouette's farther, and the robot dog their family dog >->

Ehh i get confused about Alouette being blind or not, then i see her waving her around hands while walking which makes me conclude that she is blind... but then she pulls of her "mask" like a person who is not blind would do, to look at the dog. We are at episode 9 and i am still unsure of this (⊙.☉)7
Mar 8, 2015 3:51 PM

Oct 2011
CandyFace said:
In almost every episode of this series, something weird happens and the gang is somewhere strange, making me think that I somehow must have skipped an episode because nothing makes sense.
Old series made even less sense so in this case there is an improvement.

As for episode: great as always - finally I've figured why Doronjo was blushing (I'm not sure if it was in old cartoon but live action movie went down that path if I recall).

Alouette still adorable and Gatchan as action hero is most welcome.
Mar 9, 2015 12:51 AM

Apr 2013
Keten said:
So Goro is a... mind controlled person? I guess... He's probably Alouette's father.

CandyFace said:
Hmm Garo could be Alouette's farther, and the robot dog their family dog >->

C'mon, people. It's been extremely obvious for several episodes, but there's literally no room for doubt at this point. Not only was Alouette's father's name GOROzo, but Goro's got the same face and he blanks out randomly whenever he sees his daughter. It's not like they made it hard to figure out, considering the fact that the writing has made a habit of beating us over the head with it.

CandyFace said:

Ehh i get confused about Alouette being blind or not, then i see her waving her around hands while walking which makes me conclude that she is blind... but then she pulls of her "mask" like a person who is not blind would do, to look at the dog. We are at episode 9 and i am still unsure of this (⊙.☉)7

I agree with this. It's frequently difficult to tell whether Alouette is intended to be blind or mentally-challenged, but I'm fairly certain it's supposed to be both. Unfortunately, the writers can't seem to keep it straight themselves, which is why some might be confused. There have definitely been a lot of times where I've noticed Alouette looking at things and reacting as if she could see, but then there's times where the show seems to say, "She's blind! Remember? *Nudge, nudge*"
Mar 9, 2015 1:51 AM

Oct 2013
All the feels I felt when I saw the Mach 5 and Sanpei.
Mar 9, 2015 12:43 PM

Apr 2014
Finally Gatchan as the righteous Yatterman!
Mar 9, 2015 4:44 PM

Mar 2009
Good episode this week. Finally, back to the plot.
Mar 9, 2015 6:17 PM

Oct 2011
GO GO GO SPEED RACER MACH 5 OMG

Galina could be the new Speed Racer

They made to the Yattermantropolis

Goro has regained his memories

12 Yatterman Guardians : 0
Mar 10, 2015 7:25 AM

Sep 2014
Freaking Speed Racer, lmao. Okay episode I guess. They finally reached the Yatter kingdom. Let's see if Doronjo can give the king a forehead flicking.
Mar 10, 2015 8:34 PM
Jul 2018
This was... a good episode :o Well, if you compare this to the last 5 episodes, it's an improvement imo.
Mar 12, 2015 4:37 PM

Nov 2007
so nostalgic seeing speed racer's car xD and the references

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Mar 14, 2015 8:21 PM

Jun 2013
Literally. Why does this show do what it does?
Mar 17, 2015 8:24 AM

Dec 2012
It was ok, Gatchan show us his strength. Goro starts to remember his past. The next episode will be on the main mission.
Mar 29, 2015 1:30 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Gatchan developed really well this episode. He took initiative and saved his friends.

I really didn't get all the Speed Racer references, I just knew about the car of course, and the monkey.
Apr 10, 2015 11:53 AM

Oct 2008
Cthuko late!
Taming skills of Alouette was top notch!
This episode Galina was the hero!
Very hilarious!...instead of stopping that Yatterelephant Transport, the way they failed stopping it was also the reason they were saved! and also BOOM byebye Abareshi Void!
The other Yatterman complementing that fortified prison made it look like nothing! haha

Apr 15, 2015 7:18 AM

Nov 2011
The focusing point of the whole narrative is the birth of a new hero who sees Galina protagonist, everything else is less important and then you can overlook certain defects. Plot that becomes even more intressante, drawings with ups and downs. Quite comical tale.
Apr 16, 2015 6:25 PM

May 2012
I like how they included the speedracer (Mach GoGoGo) reference and I sure wasn't expecting to see the Mach 5 in this anime though!

Really liked this anime as well as the focus was shifted this time which was also quite nice to see! Quite interesting ending as well to be honest. Let's see what happens next though!
Apr 17, 2015 11:29 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty good episode, Speed Racer tribute was awesome. The naked dance at the start was really hilarious and awkward, great opening haha. And of course the very ending when they blow up the whole prison in the Yatterman fashion.

So I guess it'll slowly start to wrap up, seeing that there are 3 episodes left. Hope it doesn't get too serious.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 15, 2016 3:14 AM

Dec 2012
Yo! I yelled at the Speed Racer reference. That was amazing.

You could say Gatchan...was the man. :D
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 10, 2017 1:21 PM

Aug 2012
-uhhhhhhhhhhh
-these villagers' eyes look... different
-wait just a goddamn minute both their hands are up
-uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
-uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
-ah, now it makes sense
-wait is this a goddamn speed racer reference
-so i never watched speed racer but i think that one sequence was full of speed racer references that did nothing for me
-why would you ever say that there is a small possibility of escape
-alright alouette's disguise was pretty great
-alright, not a fan of daddy shutting down whenever he says alouette
-you could stop the wagon or you could jump out like a rational person
-wtf the masked guy was GALINA
-wait does that mean the speed racer protag is dead in this timeline

Unfortunately this was an extremely boring episode as someone who's never watched Speed Racer. Also that was an extremely questionable opening scene when Leopard joined in. In general, absolutely nothing was notable (in a good way) about this episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2015

65 by dechenerate »»
Sep 23, 2023 8:21 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2015

30 by ThreePercent »»
Jul 10, 2017 5:19 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2015

29 by ThreePercent »»
Jul 10, 2017 4:17 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2015

26 by ThreePercent »»
Jul 9, 2017 11:49 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2015

35 by ThreePercent »»
Jul 7, 2017 8:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.