Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 21, 2013 8:38 PM

Nov 2012
awesome episode..!
the fighting scene is really awesome..
I really wanted to see O.D henshin :3
and I really like "chang ka chang ka chang ka chang ka chang" katze :3
and X is back.. DAMN! I really want galax in the future! XD I REALLY WANT THE APK!

and DAT ENDING.. everyone became crowds!
Sep 22, 2013 1:35 AM

Jun 2010
Holy shit Katze..
Sep 22, 2013 6:47 AM

Dec 2009
lolkusatsu said:
I didn't understand what they tried to do there. If all the chaos was caused by technology, isn't destroying it the best to deal with it? So why did they all give more smartphone to the people? Why didn't they deactivate the nearby internet towers? I guess that this way would work after all they'd only need to terminate the remaining CROWDS instead of creating new ones which happened in the end.

Also, I only watched the second half.

The Crowds can be used for good as well. So it's up to Hajime & the others to convince the citizens to use the power for good, which would break Katze's game.
Ara ara.
Sep 22, 2013 8:27 AM

Apr 2013
The PM was awesome until he fked up.
Sep 22, 2013 1:25 PM

Jan 2013
Nice hearing everyones perspectives on Hajime.
Good episode.
Sep 22, 2013 5:01 PM

Jul 2012
RUI ;_;

Well, katze is really lame lol, I like how he does it.
Sep 22, 2013 5:25 PM
Jul 2011
they just got outplayed
Sep 24, 2013 5:26 AM

May 2012
12:40 lol the first half was total recap

19:14 i want a new smartphone!

dat Katze
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 24, 2013 5:37 AM

Jul 2011
A couple of episodes ago Hajime asked Sugane what he would feel if she died. That question really got stuck on my mind. With the first half of the show being centered on how thankful each member of the G-team is to Hajime, it's strangely sending strong signals and indications that something is bound to happen to her.
Sep 24, 2013 7:31 AM
Jun 2012
The first half was such a waste. Thinking that this only has 12 episodes, they could have used it much more better. Still, can't wait for the final ep.
Sep 24, 2013 7:32 AM

Oct 2011
The Opening changed once again adding Usutsu's Gatchaman form.

Dat cliffhanger. Finale next week TwT
Sep 24, 2013 1:53 PM

May 2013
infinitymonkey said:
A couple of episodes ago Hajime asked Sugane what he would feel if she died. That question really got stuck on my mind. With the first half of the show being centered on how thankful each member of the G-team is to Hajime, it's strangely sending strong signals and indications that something is bound to happen to her.

I have a feel she's going to go the Martyr route. Sacrifice herself to save the world... ;_; Hajime noooo.
Sep 24, 2013 3:04 PM

Sep 2010
Hajime x Utsutsu OTP
Sep 24, 2013 11:21 PM

Sep 2013
A meh episode the first half felt like filler although it was interesting. I never even knew Utsutsu hated Hajime.
Sep 25, 2013 4:10 AM
Jan 2011
Hey, does anybody have any link where I could watch the 11th episode? Co'z my fave sites don't have it yet.
Sep 26, 2013 7:00 PM
Nov 2012
Nasty001 said:
Hey, does anybody have any link where I could watch the 11th episode? Co'z my fave sites don't have it yet.

Crunchyroll
Sep 28, 2013 12:25 AM

Jul 2008
As much as I hated the half episode recap, the 2nd half was good and just as it looked like it was going good, Katze turned it up on their heads again. Now how will Hajime get out of this.....

oh wait, duh its so simple. Turn the phones off.
Oct 2, 2013 9:49 AM

Sep 2012
Seems the series put a lot of emphasis of the positively infectious effect Hajime has on everyone, but my question is: Does it really need half an episode for that? Would it mean not sufficient space for the main story?

Glad to see the prime minster in action mode. In a way he is like a real politician - having good intention but staying in politics dealing with fellow politicians and bureaucrats that he just sounded out of touch, lost or cynical. A crisis could jerk him into coming back to himself and look human again. Too bad his motivated action got hijacked by Katze...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 2, 2013 10:16 AM

Jul 2010
Katze as 10/10 villain.

Anyway, I love how the prime minister developed his character in just a few episodes. It's just genial.
Oct 7, 2013 12:50 PM

May 2012
Oh boy I really wonder what the last episode has to offer!
Oct 27, 2013 6:18 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, that twist at the end. Just when things were starting to pick up for them.
Nov 8, 2013 6:38 AM

Oct 2012
Wow.. Free Smartphones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aw, Katze is so evil
But he's so smart..
Well, I'm definitely looking forward for the free smartphon-... I mean the final episode

iRock707 said:
The first half was such a waste. Thinking that this only has 12 episodes, they could have used it much more better.

I thought it's not a waste
It's recaps of their characters developments.. Well, for me.. So it's not a waste
They even explain their own reasons for their own attitudes
The only thing that minimum in this ep is the budget xD
"Signature removed"
Nov 8, 2013 6:38 AM

Oct 2012
Wow.. Free Smartphones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aw, Katze is so evil
But he's so smart..
Well, I'm definitely looking forward for the free smartphon-... I mean the final episode

iRock707 said:
The first half was such a waste. Thinking that this only has 12 episodes, they could have used it much more better.

I thought it's not a waste
It's recaps of their characters developments.. Well, for me.. So it's not a waste
They even explain their own reasons for their own attitudes
The only thing that minimum in this ep is the budget xD
"Signature removed"
Nov 26, 2013 6:13 AM
May 2012
Awww, that first half was sweet :3 though I agree it was kinda long :D

Damn!!!!!!!!!! Free sumartophonuuuu!!!!!!!

X is adorable, her voice is just so cute :3

Nice character development for the Prime Minister but oh shit at the end.

I feel sorry for Rui :( Katze you sly devil!!

Last episode next, I hope that it will satisfy me :3
Dec 6, 2013 10:06 AM

May 2013
the first half that was in appriciation to hajimes god like self screamed death flag to me
/ oh and poor rui
Dec 9, 2013 6:31 AM

Sep 2012
VioLink said:
Starts with the gatchamen detailing their character development thanks to Hajime and their fellow gatchmen, while Unbeatable network plays finally!

Everyone kicking ass and PaiPai giving orders!

Damn Katze Hijacked the stream posing as the PM and is telling everyone to use CROWDS.

Next ep is the finale! It's going down! And we will finally see OD transform.

i swear OD better not be Katze,
its been in the back of my head for a while, and i dont want to believe it.
Dec 28, 2013 9:35 PM

Jan 2010
:o that cliffhanger
Jan 6, 2014 5:50 AM

May 2013
OD, Utsu-tsu, Paiman, Joe, and Sugane told how Hajime changed them. Oh my feelings.

Yay, X came back! (^_^) They're now using GALAX to save everyone.

The Prime Minister or Suga-yan was totally useless at first. But then he got the courage and became badass enough in order to try and save the city.
But since Berg-Katze is so evil and smart, it managed to copy the Prime Minister and made a whole lot of people use Crowds.
I don't how the Gatchaman can stop it. Well, there's always OD.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 7, 2014 3:05 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Was that Hajime colossal death flag recap or what?!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 18, 2014 4:39 PM

Jul 2013
Awesome episode! I like how each of the characters talk about their own feelings with Hajime. Can't wait! One more episode to go!
Jan 26, 2014 7:22 AM

Dec 2010
Probably the only recap in my anime history that I didn't mind(or the second at most).

The ending was twisted enough for my expectations of Katze. For a moment I thought he'd go down without playing dirty.
May 8, 2014 3:01 PM
Apr 2014
The first half was just flashback and everyone's thoughts on Hajime, but after that the plot really kicked into gear. The prime minister took some serious levels in badass, coolness and popularity,althiough it seems to be in vain in the end. The last episode would have to be absolutely horrible now for this show to receive anything less than a 9/10. I'd love to rant a bit, but rodac pretty much said everything I wanted to say :p
rodac said:
What I love about this show is the element of deconstruction it brings to the whole super hero theme. There has always been the conflict between Galex (we don't need no stinking super heroes we can do it ourselves) and the Gatchaman (we will stay in our fortress of solitude and only emerge to save the masses who can never appreciate or understand us). With the release of the powers to all Galex users, the Gatchaman have to work together with the positive Galex users to resolve the problem. There is also that traditional theme of the Japanese people buckling down and coming together to resolve the problem weighed against modern distrust and disillusionment with traditional institutions.

But mostly I just want to yell Go Bird! and sing along to the theme...Gatchamannnn...
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Aug 4, 2014 1:14 AM
Aug 2013
Oh so this is the episode where everyone confesses to Hajime, Hajime's Harem
Sep 21, 2014 11:18 PM

Feb 2013
The first half was just flashbacks with everyone's thoughts on Hajime and how they changed as a result. The second haf is where it gets better! I wonder what'll happen next? Thaht ending in this episode didn't look like good things were going to happen.
Dec 15, 2014 8:41 AM
Jun 2013
So this was the hajima is awesome episode. Though it was weird joe said anything since they barely had any interaction. Also didint know x was self aware.
Jan 17, 2015 3:16 PM
Jan 2012
I hope the first half of the episode wasn't a red flag for Hajime. I don't want her to die! At any rate, it was nice hearing what the other characters think of Hajime.

The second half was great. The Prime Minister went from lame to awesome in the matter of minutes :D
Mar 28, 2015 8:29 AM

Jun 2014
Finally it's getting more fast paced, but there's only one more episode ...

Jul 3, 2015 7:34 PM

Jun 2014
lmao okay, first of all, no government official would suddenly go batshit crazy in front of the public like that. Second, lol "I declare the city in a state of emergency. Give everyone a free smart phone!"

Wait what? How was Katze able to mimic the prime minister? he never kissed him.
Sep 4, 2015 11:44 PM

Jun 2015
First half is heartwarming. i love hajime more and more

Damn that Katze when the PM has finally grow some balls to do something about his people, "it" just ruined it in a few second. I still love "it" tho xD
Sep 11, 2017 4:43 PM

Jan 2014
Yikes, the cliff hangers are always good in this series.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 3, 2018 1:56 AM

Mar 2017
The first half felt only a little bit unnecessary, as I think they showed everyone's feelings well enough without needing half an episode to spell it all out. It felt kind of like a recap of sorts in that regard, though since it was narrated by every character I didn't mind.

The second half was really exciting though! And the prime minister having a change of heart was pretty cool to see. I get some really bad vibes, the feeling that not everything might end well... but no matter how it ends, it was one thrilling ride. I can't imagine how they can possibly screw things up now, so I think it's safe to say that this show is among my new favorites.
Dec 29, 2019 4:21 AM

Jul 2016
iRock707 said:
The first half was such a waste. Thinking that this only has 12 episodes, they could have used it much more better. Still, can't wait for the final ep.

Yep, why did we need a recap/filler for the first halrf?
Oct 5, 2020 5:04 PM

Aug 2017
I like how the OP gradually changes alongside with "costume" reveals (in this case Utsutsu and Pai-Pai). Also how Hajime's name is used in wordplay (throughout the series, not just in this episode)

That bas-relief on a wall looked like a reference to the ED, with all those yellow and orange leaves. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Katze has 2 NOTEs? One of them is Rui's I guess.

Hajime and Utsutsu performed a double INAZUMA KICK! xD

The notebook Hajime gave to the Prime Ministrer was briefly shown in ep. 1

Utsutsu's clones don't have the life-saving and life-draining power, it seems - they lack those huge hands on the head.

Sugayama's speech..."ore wa ore da", he said, and I almost continued with a line from TTGL xD When did he install GALAX though? Maybe Gatchaman helped him with that.

There was a cameo of a glasses guy from ep.1...now that I think about it, he looks like Kenji Nakamura and might be a self-insert, like in Kuuchuu Buranko!

The second half of the episode was good, but I didn't expect what's basically a recap in the first half. I guess we'll be compensated by the director's cut version of ep.12 with additional footage.

St0rmbladeOct 6, 2020 3:02 PM
Jan 19, 2023 2:31 AM

Aug 2018
LMAO What is it with people from 2013 and their overuse of the phrase "death flag"? Every episode they're predicting someone's gonna die and it hasnt happened yet. Hajime will be fine.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Jul 12, 2013

299 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 7, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

122 by CartoonVelocirap »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VioLink - Sep 27, 2013

213 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 4:49 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VioLink - Sep 13, 2013

103 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 18, 2023 1:21 PM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2013

128 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 16, 2023 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.