Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2011 6:52 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
awesome chapter..

it seems that this arc isnt that 'generic' build... its just impossible to predict what will happen next...
still i hope we will see Big Mum here... and WTF will Caribou will do here..

new Character Den.. looks cool enough =)

and a Poneglyph here? o_O that was expected.. though i wonder what will be the message she will decrypt ? cant wait...
Feb 23, 2011 7:09 AM
Jun 2008
Great chapter, guess it will be luffy versus van der Decken. Interesting to see how he will fight. Also wonder how strong Hody really is. I cant imagine zoro being beaten already, and that goes for Hodi too, if Hodi is the main villain of this which I doubt.

I think its possible that Hodi will become an ally against a bigger threat, and the reason Luffy should not fight Hodi, is because he's a potential ally.

I also think there will be some great entrances for the strawhats this arc. They are all pretty much divided, so there is enough room for that.
Feb 23, 2011 7:09 AM

Nov 2009
awesome chapt!! i really wanna see roronoa zoro in piure action. and i am really excited on the next arc already.
Feb 23, 2011 7:13 AM

Feb 2010
I almost forgot about Caribou's existence. It was nice to see Rika again.
Feb 23, 2011 7:22 AM

Jan 2008
Can't wait for Luffy to kick his butt :D
Feb 23, 2011 7:51 AM

Nov 2008
Gerat chapter, new character (Tom`s brother) a Poneglyph and Vander Decken vs Luffy and another battles in the nexts files, it seems.
Feb 23, 2011 9:04 AM

Aug 2010
Nice, all chapters before this were the calm before the storm. This chapter is the chapter that's separating the calm and the storm, so most likely next chapter the real fights start.

As for this chapter I can't believe that luffy's plan worked, nobody seems to have noticed the princess. According to what's going on it seems like Luffy Vs. Van der dekken, and Hodi Jones and his mates VS. Zoro and the other SH in ryuugu palace.

Also don't u guys find it hilarious how Franky was standing right besides Jimbei without even noticing. About Den he was funny when he said was your ancestor a robot lol. And how Neptune thought of the same idea as luffy.
Barion-ZaraFeb 23, 2011 9:16 AM
Feb 23, 2011 9:09 AM

Mar 2010
I'm really getting more and more interested in this arc. Nice to see Tom's brother and Sunny is alright .
That King and Luffy think alike xD (Princess in Megalo's mouth)
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Feb 23, 2011 9:38 AM

Feb 2010
of all ppl franky could encounter in this place it is his master brother^^ and finally the action starts
Feb 23, 2011 10:49 AM

Jan 2009
I was not expecting to see Tom's brother, although it does make prefect sense, just wasn't expecting it, and nice to finally see some Robin screen time.

Hopefully next chapter we get some good action in it, I am assuming Deken vs Luffy and Hodi vs Zoro, but who knows we shall see.
Feb 23, 2011 10:49 AM

Feb 2008
i tell you what....luffy seems to have a way with women......its too bad he has no room for a harem or his ship would be full of women.
Feb 23, 2011 11:22 AM

Jul 2010
nice build up. i guess hodi jones will fight with zoro? or if there is a villain with swords or something? let's see how luffy will stop that ven decken attack.

jinbie is fugitive. didn't know about that. why naptune son's take his message to luffy? i think he had some kind of close relationship with princess mother.

big mum is not going to appear in this fight. she's just too strong to face all of them. though lets see where will caribou come from.

poneglphy won't be real one just like before.. there are already lots of things.. current arc, top rookies, schibukai, yonko, blackbeared.. i think void century arc will be the last one, that will be the time she will find the real poneglpyh.

by the way, who is Rika? Vol 4? is that little girl luffy saved in the beginning, when zoro was captured? if i'm right, then i wonder why she joined marines. baka...
Feb 23, 2011 11:27 AM

Apr 2007
Great chapter, as usual. Also some nice extra information about fish/merman genetics.
Looking forward to next week, I hope we're going to see more of Luffy's new attacks.

Feb 23, 2011 11:55 AM

Feb 2008
i don't know why people keep saying "great chapter as usual". to me the moment they dove into the sea became kinda boring. this chapter is better (a little) though. let's hope we'll finally see some fighting next chapter
Feb 23, 2011 12:05 PM

Dec 2008
sMug said:
i don't know why people keep saying "great chapter as usual". to me the moment they dove into the sea became kinda boring. this chapter is better (a little) though. let's hope we'll finally see some fighting next chapter

this :>
Feb 23, 2011 12:11 PM

Jan 2011
I find it kind of slow going for now but I think it will pick up very soon (as in next few chapters).

I am a man than can make the impossible, possible.
Feb 23, 2011 12:26 PM

Nov 2009
I really enjoy this arc so far, I don't find it boring at all, but that's just my opinion.

They out-ruled the idea that the princess was taken out of the castle in the sharks mouth, because obviously that couldn't of been what happened ;)

I can't wait to see the characters get into a more serious fight. I really want to see their new strength shown against a strong opponent.
Feb 23, 2011 12:28 PM

Jan 2009
So now I know how Mr.Krabs has a Whale daughter. Oda is watching Sponge-bob? XD
Feb 23, 2011 12:43 PM

Jul 2010
sMug said:

This is not boring as much as Skypia arc. its actually very interesting because there are lots of things related to plot. like a Yonkou Big Mum, What will be the role of Jinbei etc.. and they had to cross Fishland and its normal, mostly every arc is "save the island or peoples in it" from the beginning. so when i compare this to some previous arcs. i'm looking forward to see more of this.

Skypia, arc on the skies. what the hell. those were plain 90 chapter fillers and then games arc with that idiot captain more fillers.
Feb 23, 2011 1:09 PM

Apr 2009
yeah.. i'm glad i read onepiece when there was not Skypeia..

Skypeia on a weekly basis would be totally boring..

this one is good.. cause of the new characters and plot development.

plus every arc starts slow.. the second half is always mindblowing
Feb 23, 2011 1:16 PM

Aug 2009
great chapter. "Did you have a robot for an ancestor" lol
Feb 23, 2011 2:03 PM

Jan 2009
smokes said:

What the hell :P Skypiea is one of my favorite arcs! I thought the whole survival thing was awesome :D

But Tom's brother was expected, Franky already said he was gonna visit him.

I like this arc. Also keep wondering how Caribou will fit in.

I can't wait for the fights. I hope Zoro's not gonna get his ass kicked.
Feb 23, 2011 2:05 PM

Feb 2008
smokes said:

yeah. that's the downside of reading manga chapter at a time. if you read a volume at a time you probably would miss a lot of flaws in the manga.
Feb 23, 2011 2:16 PM

Aug 2008
I'm starting to wonder if a fishman who eats a devil fruit can still breathe underwater.
Feb 23, 2011 2:53 PM

Jun 2009
finaly something i didn't perdict i was geting tired of that
Feb 23, 2011 3:16 PM

Apr 2009
babler said:
I'm starting to wonder if a fishman who eats a devil fruit can still breathe underwater.

he cant.. did you read teh last chapter?
Feb 23, 2011 4:32 PM

Jun 2007
Great stuff, I loved the wat Neptune had the exact same idea as Luffy. I think those 2 would get along just fine.
Feb 23, 2011 5:28 PM

Jan 2009
smokes said:
babler said:

It's just that he can't swim. I don't think they mention him not being able to breathe. I reckon he can still breathe just fine.
Feb 23, 2011 5:31 PM

Jan 2009
I'm assuming Sanji is going to fight Caribou, it makes more sense when I thought about it. He kidnapped a bunch of beautiful mermaids so it would make prefect sense for Sanji to want to kick his ass. The build up has been going on for a little to long now, would love to see some action.
Feb 23, 2011 9:10 PM

Feb 2010
I doubt there's going to be a fight with hodi, remember jinbei's massage?
i think luffy meets jinbei in the next chapter.
Feb 23, 2011 9:24 PM

May 2008
Jesuvius said:
smokes said:
babler said:

It's just that he can't swim. I don't think they mention him not being able to breathe. I reckon he can still breathe just fine.

That would be dumb. If they can still breathe, then they don't need to be scared of the water. They can just walk on the sea floor instead of swimming. I don't really see why they can't swim if they can walk, is it related to gravity or something? Or does the sea water act as poison and they can't move at all?

Can't wait for Van Decken vs Luffy. JinBei will probably get in on the action too seeing as he's already at the Sea Forest waiting for Luffy. You know on page 2, how everyone is looking up and they all mention that somethings flying but it's too far away to make out.. that's gotta be Vander Decken on his piece of Coral right?
Feb 23, 2011 10:28 PM

Feb 2010
ex0 said:
Jesuvius said:
smokes said:
babler said:

That would be dumb. If they can still breathe, then they don't need to be scared of the water. They can just walk on the sea floor instead of swimming. I don't really see why they can't swim if they can walk, is it related to gravity or something? Or does the sea water act as poison and they can't move at all?

Can't wait for Van Decken vs Luffy. JinBei will probably get in on the action too seeing as he's already at the Sea Forest waiting for Luffy. You know on page 2, how everyone is looking up and they all mention that somethings flying but it's too far away to make out.. that's gotta be Vander Decken on his piece of Coral right?
No, that was van de decken, hodi and their gang going to attack ryougu palace.
Feb 23, 2011 10:41 PM

Oct 2007
ex0 said:
Jesuvius said:
smokes said:
babler said:

The Devil Fruit's downside is that the Devil Fruit user will just be a "dead weight" in the sea. It doesn't have anything to do with breathing.

Devil Fruits don't have much explanation, so we will be waiting on that :0
Feb 24, 2011 3:39 AM

Jun 2008
I don't know, i expected Zoro to fight that fishman swordsman, i never thought he will find himself face to face with Hodi. I think Zoro now must be given by Oda enough power to fight with someone like Hodi (well at least with out a tone of pills) but the combination isn't something i thought it makes sense.

How about a surprise by having Usopp taking care of him? Ok maybe not win but having him delayed with his tricks until something else happens.
Or even bigger surprise Nami taking out her anger on pirates with Arlong's mentality.

So why is Jinbei not allowed in the island. I thought that it may be because he was now wanted by the government since he betrayed his Shishibukai role and they wanted to avoid trouble but that doesn't fit since they already have protection from an outlaw.
Maybe Big Mama doesn't like him. Or could it be that because he was with the government they don't want him anymore?

I hope we see some action next chapter.
Feb 24, 2011 4:41 AM

Dec 2010
"Do I look like I'm having fun slicing you guys?!"
"Yes, you look very energetic in the battlefield!"
I lol'd hard at this xD Zoro is so cute <3
And, YESSHU, FINALLY ROBIN APPEAR <333
JIMBEI >:D
Feb 24, 2011 6:39 AM

Jan 2011
Ellenna said:
"Do I look like I'm having fun slicing you guys?!"
"Yes, you look very energetic in the battlefield!"

I lol'd too! I love Zoro, he is SO funny <3

can't wait for next chapter, JINBEI!!

What I have to say is only that was GREAT chapter, and I'm looking forward for next chapter!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Feb 24, 2011 6:07 PM

Jan 2010
'Ts about time Robin made an appearance. I guess Franky's gonna help Luffy fight Van der dekken (and Jimbei will probably be there, too.) Looks like it'll be picking up soon.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Feb 25, 2011 2:12 PM

Jul 2009
Van der Decken is definitely my new favourite villain.
Feb 25, 2011 5:59 PM

Oct 2007
BlackAssassin said:
ex0 said:
Jesuvius said:
smokes said:
babler said:

The Devil Fruit's downside is that the Devil Fruit user will just be a "dead weight" in the sea. It doesn't have anything to do with breathing.

Yeah the way it's been depicted up until now, devil's fruit users can move just a little bit when in water, but not enough to swim or walk, i think the most we ever saw was luffy covering his mouth and nose. I would imagine for decken, if he ended up in the water he'd be paralyzed but still able to breathe, just couldnt go anywhere / do anything.
Feb 25, 2011 10:22 PM

May 2008
Shiken said:
BlackAssassin said:
ex0 said:
Jesuvius said:
smokes said:
babler said:

Yeah the way it's been depicted up until now, devil's fruit users can move just a little bit when in water, but not enough to swim or walk, i think the most we ever saw was luffy covering his mouth and nose. I would imagine for decken, if he ended up in the water he'd be paralyzed but still able to breathe, just couldnt go anywhere / do anything.

I don't know about why they can't walk. All i remember is that they've been in deep water, so they naturally panic. But if they(Decken) aren't worried about drowning/dying, then they shouldn't panic and should be able to move/walk. If they can move even a little bit(which they can, since they are normally seen flailing around in the water), then they should be able to walk. I don't see why not, because from what i remember, water doesn't act like poison to them or paralyze them. They are just dead weight(ie they can't float or regulate their depth and will simply sink).

I'm pretty sure they should be able to move in water still by walking. Otherwise, you are saying that even if they are in shallow water(like ankle/knee/waist/neck deep), they would get paralyzed and get out of the water? That is pretty laughable and i don't think it's logical or consistent with what we know so far. Otherwise who needs impel down, sea stone chains, or a jail, when a simple barrel of sea/salt water will completely incapacitate even the most powerful devil fruit user? lol
Feb 26, 2011 4:23 AM

Jan 2009
ex0 said:
Shiken said:
BlackAssassin said:
ex0 said:
Jesuvius said:
smokes said:
babler said:

I don't know about why they can't walk. All i remember is that they've been in deep water, so they naturally panic. But if they(Decken) aren't worried about drowning/dying, then they shouldn't panic and should be able to move/walk. If they can move even a little bit(which they can, since they are normally seen flailing around in the water), then they should be able to walk. I don't see why not, because from what i remember, water doesn't act like poison to them or paralyze them. They are just dead weight(ie they can't float or regulate their depth and will simply sink).

I'm pretty sure they should be able to move in water still by walking. Otherwise, you are saying that even if they are in shallow water(like ankle/knee/waist/neck deep), they would get paralyzed and get out of the water? That is pretty laughable and i don't think it's logical or consistent with what we know so far. Otherwise who needs impel down, sea stone chains, or a jail, when a simple barrel of sea/salt water will completely incapacitate even the most powerful devil fruit user? lol

I agree. We saw Kalifa sit in the bathtub while fighting Nami at first. She said she didn't lose her powers completely, just that they were around 50% weakened. I don't know if it was because she wasn't completely underwater, but if it wasn't, that explains how Luffy was still able to stretch when he was submerged at Arlong's Park.

Seastone negates your power completely, while water makes them sink like hammers and weakens their power.

I don't know how much of a hammer they become under water. If enough, it could mean that he couldn't move anymore at all. But I could also see him still being able to move.
Feb 27, 2011 9:52 PM

Oct 2008
Tom and his bro don't look alike.

LOL "By the way, ere your ancestors a robot?" xD
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 28, 2011 10:13 PM

Jan 2010
Jesuvius said:
ex0 said:
Shiken said:
BlackAssassin said:
ex0 said:
Jesuvius said:
smokes said:
babler said:

I agree. We saw Kalifa sit in the bathtub while fighting Nami at first. She said she didn't lose her powers completely, just that they were around 50% weakened. I don't know if it was because she wasn't completely underwater, but if it wasn't, that explains how Luffy was still able to stretch when he was submerged at Arlong's Park.

Seastone negates your power completely, while water makes them sink like hammers and weakens their power.

I don't know how much of a hammer they become under water. If enough, it could mean that he couldn't move anymore at all. But I could also see him still being able to move.

I thought they said that the salt water saps their energy? Wouldn't that just render them immobile after a while?
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Mar 8, 2011 7:53 PM

Aug 2008
I apologize for beginning Quote War 3.
Dec 28, 2017 5:07 AM

Feb 2013
Hody and Decken arrived at the palace!
Sep 13, 2018 3:01 PM

Dec 2015
To be completely honest, the amount of dialogue since the time-skip has skyrocketed to irritating levels.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 7, 2020 8:50 AM

Jun 2017
Damn! Decken's Mato Mato Curse is quite handy! He can even use that power for transportation! I know Luffy has aggrandized his skill but it's apparent that Decken would be a difficult adversary.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Mar 24, 2022 2:40 PM
May 2020
Merpeople biology is interesting and unique, but how do they tell if a child is legitimate or not?
Oct 21, 2022 1:47 PM

May 2021
I just had a thought, how exactly would Decken fulfill the Princess' desires, given the size difference?

May 15, 5:46 AM
Nov 2023
It's interesting that he calls his devil fruit ability a curse.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 820 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Trap_Traps_Traps - Mar 16, 2016

74 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 819 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

64 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 818 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

111 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 817 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

90 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 816 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

animefan8800 - Feb 10, 2016

104 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
Yesterday, 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.