Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 8:13 AM

Nov 2011
Tense episode revolving mostly around Charlotte and Aris. For a kid though, Aris stood up for Charlotte and this definitely caused her to be look more into optimism.

She really went through a lot of shit as a kid based on her narrative and flashbacks. Just sad to know that not everyone can experience a happy childhood but she did what she had to do to survive. Now in the present timeline, she still got treated like shit, which is sad to see. But at least now, she has a friend in Aris to look out for her.
Apr 21, 8:42 AM
Oct 2019
The episode is cool, and I really want to see how the MC will do from now on
Apr 21, 8:53 AM

Nov 2014
lot of solo monologuing in this episode, and a waste of an intro, really brought down how much could be done in this episode.
Apr 21, 9:01 AM
Jul 2023
Ah love it when a series take it time establishing character motivation. Ars successfully recruited Charlotte to his cause not just with the through growing understanding of his power, but also through his genuine ideal and aspiration of hope for a brighter future.
Apr 21, 9:20 AM

May 2022
It's a pretty straightforward development and can again be followed by a magical expert.

Apr 21, 9:57 AM
Mar 2021
Ars father is too good 😂
Apr 21, 10:33 AM

Jun 2008
Extremely predictable episode with extremely predictable outcome and neverending rambling on about the future and dreams and bla bla...
Did a child write this?
Apr 21, 10:39 AM
Dec 2021
Explosion! I can't say much about the episode, but I really enjoyed it. For now it's just enjoy each episode to see what talent our protagonist discovers <3
Apr 21, 10:41 AM

Dec 2022
maybe its just me cause i have been watching way too many grounded shows and mangas
thats why this was so cringe i was fine up to episode 2 but this was too much Ars is just too immature and to think he is older than me he is immaturity made me cringe so hard like i like a fair bit of trashy isekai shows but their is definite line beetwwen trashy absurd and immature isekai last season i had the same issue with mofumofu or maybe i am just too old for this kinds of shows like

He literally barged in someone doing legal work (slavery is legal)
beat up their guard because they retrieved a merchandise literally blackmailing to get what they want who is the real villan here i dont know the law of the world yet but that deserves heavy punishment like how immature is Ars
Apr 21, 10:43 AM
Apr 2023
Fun episode! but the preview of the next episode was very unexpected with how Charlotte will apparently look 😬 She'll need some sort of anti-gravity magic to stop herself getting severe backpain from how she looks next.
Apr 21, 10:47 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Zaxphred
maybe its just me cause i have been watching way too many grounded shows and mangas
thats why this was so cringe i was fine up to episode 2 but this was too much Ars is just too immature and to think he is older than me he is immaturity made me cringe so hard like i like a fair bit of trashy isekai shows but their is definite line beetwwen trashy absurd and immature isekai last season i had the same issue with mofumofu or maybe i am just too old for this kinds of shows like

beat up their guard because they retrieved a merchandise literally blackmailing to get what they want who is the real villan here i dont know the law of the world yet but that deserves heavy punishment like how immature is Ars
@Zaxphred

Bro the slave trader selling a child to someone he himself calls a "pervert" is definitely the villain in this case 😂 Just because something is seemingly legal, does not mean it matches a moral framework.
Apr 21, 11:06 AM
Feb 2020
I really like that music

Also the girl's literally just Roxy except she's human
Apr 21, 11:12 AM

May 2019
Yeah this went in a predictable matter but it was still funny to see the guys' reaction towards Charlotte casting her first spell. It looks like she'll provide comedy relief while being a badass & busty mage.
Apr 21, 11:14 AM

Apr 2022
I usually love pacing like this, but because it's only going to be 12 episodes long, I'm a bit worried that it'll be so slow that not much will happen by the end
Apr 21, 11:49 AM

Jan 2008
Looks like Charlotte's already getting her two massive upgrades next episode.
Apr 21, 11:59 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
can't have an isekai without your typical group of DUMBASS bandits tortuing kids/beast people, capturing slaves or trying to attack the princesses carriage
Apr 21, 12:10 PM
Jan 2017
finally, Charlotte's oppai next ep let's goooo
Apr 21, 12:39 PM

Nov 2022
Reply to Zaxphred

@Zaxphred
So, if slavery became legal tomorrow and I went after you and your whole family, you're just gonna sit there and accept it cuz "oh well it's just business lol"?
Apr 21, 1:13 PM

Dec 2022
Reply to vvvvjuuu
@Zaxphred
So, if slavery became legal tomorrow and I went after you and your whole family, you're just gonna sit there and accept it cuz "oh well it's just business lol"?
@vvvvjuuu well thats illegal even if slavery was allowed you cant just make someone your slave just cus you dont like em they need to do a crime or have a debt and in this case only the law enforcement or the indebted person can make you slave since i dont owe you a thing you cant thouch neither me nor my family

in the animes case we know she was trespassing

its just the law
Apr 21, 1:17 PM
Oct 2022
So we're just abandoning the kids now?

Apr 21, 1:22 PM

Dec 2022
Reply to GooseHybrid
@Zaxphred

Bro the slave trader selling a child to someone he himself calls a "pervert" is definitely the villain in this case 😂 Just because something is seemingly legal, does not mean it matches a moral framework.
@GooseHybrid i see your stand point but you gotta admit what Ars was saying about adults should protect kids future was so cringe

also i am just saying the slave trader should have said i bought her with my money i cant protect her future you should buy her then. could have saved a lot of bloodshed. also the slave trader was knida retarded as well like why would he attack the son of a noble without knowing how powerful his father is no one puts themselves in that sort of position that's why i am saying this its unrealistic (well its fantasy so of course its unrealistic but at least they should have some logic man i am thinking too much in to this )
Apr 21, 3:46 PM

Oct 2016

I wonder if Ars can see the potential for physical growth in "specific" body parts?
Anyway, I do agree with the earlier reply though
I cringed a lot when I watched this episode

Apr 21, 3:47 PM
Apr 2013
Love how the dad changed his tune immediately after
Apr 21, 4:24 PM

Jun 2023
Wow, Charlotte’s going to grow a lot
Apr 21, 4:57 PM
Apr 2013
EP 3

Is every ep gonna start with this thing

Also i was suspecting but. is the ed by hanazawa kana? hmm
Looks like big timeskip in the next ep, like what on earth.

Honestly my main issue is the pacing, if they leave us hanging next ep. If the next two characters each take two eps to introduce we'll have spent 7 eps just on introductions

Like for now its ok but its really hard to say how the rest of the eps will hold up. Pacing of the first two eps, and this ep by itself was also kinda debatable.
I'm not sure if its just me but the question then becomes what happens after everyone is introduced.

Apparently charlotte is...kaho narumi, who I've never heard before. Huh. Oh well.
Ars is fujiwara natsumi, I was joking about how most of her roles is boys but it seems like its less of a joke and more like reality at this point.
Rietz is ban taito but even though he sounds fairly familiar I dunno? He's fairly new though
Apr 21, 5:36 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to GooseHybrid
Fun episode! but the preview of the next episode was very unexpected with how Charlotte will apparently look 😬 She'll need some sort of anti-gravity magic to stop herself getting severe backpain from how she looks next.
@GooseHybrid It's clear she is going to be super integral to the plot going forward.
Apr 21, 6:24 PM

May 2017
The main character in this anime seriously reminds me of those fluffy ponies that people like to draw getting abused. Am I the only one?
tfw brain crowe
Apr 21, 6:33 PM

Jul 2022
The episode was good; I like Rietz, especially when he demonstrated his fighting skills against those smugglers. He made it look so easy. Now Charlotte has joined the group, but the most important thing for me is when will she develop her two great qualities.

Another question I have is how the children Charlotte was babysitting will cope. If they give them their salary, it could cause problems for those children; Now they will be more vulnerable than ever.
Apr 21, 8:58 PM

Mar 2017
pv for next episode

milkers

good ep
Apr 21, 9:02 PM

Feb 2010
Reply to GooseHybrid
@Zaxphred

@GooseHybrid

moral frameworks also are relative u know...

“Read as little as possible of critical or aesthetic works. They are either products of a close-minded spirit, petrified and devoid of meaning in their lifeless hardening, or clever verbal games [...]. Works of art are of an infinite solitude; nothing is worse than criticism for approaching them. Only love can grasp them, keep them, be just toward them. Always give precedence to your own feeling against these analyses, these reviews, these introductions. [...] You must let every impression, every seed of feeling, ripen within you, in the dark, in the inexpressible, in the unconscious, those regions closed to understanding. Wait with humility and patience for the hour of the birth of a new clarity. Art demands of its faithful followers as much as of its creators.”
— RAINER-MARIA Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet (letter dated April 23, 1903).
Apr 21, 9:04 PM

Feb 2010
Reply to Zaxphred
@vvvvjuuu well thats illegal even if slavery was allowed you cant just make someone your slave just cus you dont like em they need to do a crime or have a debt and in this case only the law enforcement or the indebted person can make you slave since i dont owe you a thing you cant thouch neither me nor my family

in the animes case we know she was trespassing

its just the law
@Zaxphred liberals r so fuckin funny i swear

“Read as little as possible of critical or aesthetic works. They are either products of a close-minded spirit, petrified and devoid of meaning in their lifeless hardening, or clever verbal games [...]. Works of art are of an infinite solitude; nothing is worse than criticism for approaching them. Only love can grasp them, keep them, be just toward them. Always give precedence to your own feeling against these analyses, these reviews, these introductions. [...] You must let every impression, every seed of feeling, ripen within you, in the dark, in the inexpressible, in the unconscious, those regions closed to understanding. Wait with humility and patience for the hour of the birth of a new clarity. Art demands of its faithful followers as much as of its creators.”
— RAINER-MARIA Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet (letter dated April 23, 1903).
Apr 21, 11:44 PM
Mar 2019
Reply to Zaxphred
@GooseHybrid i see your stand point but you gotta admit what Ars was saying about adults should protect kids future was so cringe

also i am just saying the slave trader should have said i bought her with my money i cant protect her future you should buy her then. could have saved a lot of bloodshed. also the slave trader was knida retarded as well like why would he attack the son of a noble without knowing how powerful his father is no one puts themselves in that sort of position that's why i am saying this its unrealistic (well its fantasy so of course its unrealistic but at least they should have some logic man i am thinking too much in to this )
@Zaxphred You expect some sort of business acumen from a guy who earns money by denigrating human beings down to something that has less value than a farm animal, and hires actual thugs to keep track of his valuables? A world where slavery exists is a world where absolute power rules absolutely. It doesn't matter if the nobles decided to fit the concept into some sort of 'legal' framework to suit their needs. The punishment never actually fits the crime, and some sort of crime can always be uncovered/structured if the power wielder deems it necessary. Just like Jean Valjean getting 19 years of hard labor for stealing a bread when he was but a child in Victor Hugo's novel. Or like the family exterminations for serious crimes like treason in parts of ancient Asia that included up to 5 generations, not to mention innocent children. Even in countries where slavery was a type of contractual work, or at least not a permanent state of being, slaves finishing up their work and returning to their happy, normal lives is not a story told by many. Most simply didn't live long enough.
Apr 22, 5:36 AM
Mar 2012
Ambition 1?? kid likes kid wut? the saccharine tone takes getting used to. Ars decent mc so far, kinda odd adult as a kid, but got noble ideals & goals instead of the quiet life trope.
Rietz threw a good fight bro is scary. Charlotte's explosion pretty grand.
Apr 22, 8:50 AM
Apr 2023
I still can't help but think that with Rietz being OP as hell and also wielding a dagger (and also voiced by Ban Taito), he is like an isekai Jinwoo (from Solo Leveling).

I had to LOL at Raven after seeing a potential 'walking weapon of mass destruction' revert from 'unacceptable' into 'welcome'
Apr 22, 9:26 AM
Aug 2020
another great partner for his party...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 22, 6:19 PM

Jan 2024
Zaxphred said:

Ars is a noble and the slave trader is a filthy commoner. He and his bodyguards are the ones who deserve punishment and would all be hanged putting their hands on a noble. THAT is the law of their world. As in all isekai.

Episode 3 was about good conquering evil. The righteous (nobles) prospering, the wicked (commoners) suffering. It is clear that in this world there is no meritocracy. You are born with god given talents, that require no training and are instantly godlike.

Ars is 100% in character. He only has time for people with godlike skills and fellow friendly nobles. Everyone else will get beaten into a pulp by Rietz or burned to a crisp by Charlotte. As is tradition.

Apr 23, 2:17 AM

Jul 2017
For much of Charlotte's life being an orphan, she didn't know that she had the talent, albeit only Ars being there to be her salvation against her slave traders. He's standing his ground protecting her, and Rietz does the rest to incur his wrath, no matter the sizes of which he's against.

Still though, Charlotte is still a slave by nature, which Ars and Rietz still dutifully do their duty to pay up and purchase her, which goes in line with his philosophy to better the world he wanted to create. Thereby, testing her magic alone, which proves phenomenal that she's a certified S-rank mage. To leave the children behind is to support Ars, and while the orphan children will not be forgotten, all rests on Ars to create that future.

So easy to accept Charlotte based on her mage powers, it's a Yes.
Apr 23, 6:18 AM

Nov 2013
who would have thought a little kid with appraise skill would be one of the nicest anime this season lol i love this
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 23, 10:45 AM

May 2021
decent, even if the charadesigns look quite deformed or goofy at times.
charlotte is already a cutie but it looks like she'll be getting quite the 'upgrade' next ep
Apr 23, 10:50 AM
Jan 2024
I could do with a Rietz and Charlotte romance subplot tbh
Apr 24, 11:45 PM

Feb 2019
it didn't take long to convince his dad to accept Charlotte as Ars' new retainer lol even Reitz was dumbfounded when he saw just how powerful she was using that fire magic hehehe
Apr 25, 2:44 PM

Jun 2015
Aren't we glad we have such a scary and understanding father? ^-^
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 25, 5:58 PM
Mar 2022
I didn't like it when he bought the girl as a slave and everyone let the slave trader go away as if nothing had happened, so he could continue destroying other people's lives (he was sick even for a profession like that). It's very hypocritical to do this and then make a speech about how much he wants to help people. I haven't read the manga, so I don't know if this will be addressed more seriously in the future, but at that moment I was very disappointed with the trio.

Apart from this point, it's been fun, although the system is a little forced; realistically, aptitude should only guarantee an A, an S should only be through lots of training and practice, I think. But anyway, each universe has its own system of rules, so ok, this didn't bother me that much.
Apr 26, 11:16 PM

Feb 2019
Dude holy shit why are the production values so good in this damn show?? Like wtf more people need to be on this. Rietz beating the slave traders’ asses was so satisfying and well animated. We all knew Charlotte was gonna join up with Ars, but he and Rietz literally had to win her over from the slave trade. Did a good job of showing how messed up the culture in this world is.

Genuinely amazing departure from your usual isekai. Ars’ desire to change the culture and political landscape of the kingdom is really fun so far. I like that we get to see them win people over one by one and even though it may seem like a small step, it will have a big impact

Already in love with Charlotte. Design is amazing and her personality is just as good. Can’t wait to see her continue to develop as a mage and retainer. As well as the future people that Ars recruits.

Ars dad counting Charlotte out because “women don’t belong on the battlefield” only to do a complete 180 once he saw her magic got me dying
Marinate1016Apr 26, 11:25 PM
Apr 28, 7:16 AM

May 2013
Love Ars' dad. Straight and to the point.

Dad: Unacceptable!
Charlotte: ::casts Fireball::
Dad: O_O ... nice to have you.

Liking the series so far.
Bea is dead. In an alternate future she would've borne your son. In the future past of Space Quest 4, your son would've saved your life. But she didn't, so he couldn't -- therefore you aren't.
- Space Quest 5 death scene
May 7, 12:01 PM

Nov 2009
LOOOL, I also laughed at the end.

Dad's reaction is priceless.

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 13, 8:47 AM
Jul 2023
Guys, it's just bad, no need to explain why, just skip it, nothing new.
May 14, 1:18 PM

May 2016
How the lord accepted him was the best part of the show.
May 31, 7:36 AM
Nov 2023
They finally acquired Mage: S! And yes, she isn't only S about her Mage stats, she is S in many other things! Especially her body
Jun 3, 1:27 AM

Nov 2019
Decent episode, Ars and Rietz go to rescue Charlotte. Rietz carries Ars, it looks like he’s just happy to be there lol

We find out that Charlotte isn’t easily motivated because of her trait being maxed at 1/1. Apart from that everything was predictable as they come

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16

23 by Devonnius »»
Yesterday, 4:55 AM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2

27 by Axlaria »»
Jun 21, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 1

81 by dziablo »»
Jun 21, 8:18 AM

» Whereabout in the manga will this season cover?

LegatoBlues - Jun 19

2 by DeusVult186f »»
Jun 19, 11:31 PM

» This anime is very GOOD! Why no one watching this?

RjtheGreat14 - May 1

41 by Aggnog »»
Jun 19, 6:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.