Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2023 5:27 AM

Nov 2011
This is like the ultimate David vs. Goalith. Will is the massive underdog this episode and after refusing to serve under the dragon, he has to face it alone.

Despite the overwhelming difference in power, he didn't back down. Hell of an episode but somewhat dragged a bit with all the talking. I do praise Will for coming so far though.
Dec 16, 2023 5:38 AM

Dec 2021
He talks a big game, but does he really have the guts to go through with killing his companions?

Even the ultimate destructive magic, the Words of Obliteration, was evaded, allies were defeated, and Will stood on the brink of despair. Now, Valacirca tells him to become her servant. Will, steadfastly rejecting this invitation, continues to battle Valacirca alone. However, the gap in power remains unbridged, and finally, even his beloved weapon, the Pale Moon, shatters.

I really like how Will isn't fooling himself into thinking he can keep everyone safe. It's mature of him to recognize that each of his comrades knew the risks from the start and accepted them willingly. The fact that he still respects that, even with his bones breaking and pushing through his skin, as he takes a beating, really shows how resilient he is. It hits home even more about the dragon's strength when you see how much Will is getting hurt.

What a brutal fight. Truly something else.

Dec 16, 2023 6:24 AM
Sep 2015
Change this anime into "Everybody loves William"
Dec 16, 2023 6:43 AM
Jul 2023
Wonderful! shattered of the biggest Shounen anime trope. The enemy actually wait instead of the usual being off screen doing nothing.

Valacirca continue to bargain and toying with Will mentally and spiritually, a true dastardly act for a being can simply overwhelm its opponent physically.
MainnusDec 16, 2023 6:48 AM
Dec 16, 2023 6:52 AM

Jul 2017
Will and his party sure did not expect Valacirca to resurrect with his Words of Obliteration, and he's the only one left surviving, though the evil dragon himself offers a way out, but it's suicide that's fate worse than death. Nevertheless, Will and his party will keep on fighting, even if it meant keeping at least one member surviving to bring the Calamity's Sickle down. Still though, this is a classic David vs. Goliath battle that Will is hell bent on not backing down, no matter how strong Valacirca's attacks may be.

Stagnate coming in to interrupt their battle a fair bit with its Talk no Jutsu to display the fervor that Will has, and since this is the Iron Country, Stagnate revived the undead dwarven warriors, as well as the distraction of the party allowing them enough time to heal and commune back with Will. With Gracefeel blessing the undead dwarven warriors, this is Al's chance to redeem what his dwarven people had lost all the while. This too, is also Will's chance of redemption as the Hero that the goddess of flux wanted him to be.

Sure, this penultimate episode got dragged quite a fair bit, but I'm expecting the finale to deliver of the battle between the hero, his warriors against a god.

From this point on, the anime has caught up with the manga (the LN is almost done with Volume 3.2).
KANLen09Dec 16, 2023 7:00 AM
Dec 16, 2023 7:08 AM

Feb 2021
Plot twist: This was a harem anime the whole time.
Valacirca waiting until everyone is prepared is actually really in character.
This episode was kinda slow, but still good. The gods are epic and Al meeeing his grandfather was touching. Now onto the final battle!
Dec 16, 2023 7:42 AM

Oct 2017
Will's such a ladykiller, having two goddesses fawn over him. So Stagnate is a goddess confirmed, wonder what her human form looks like.

Will got the dwarven sword and they got a power up too from the souls it seems. Finale should be conclusion to the fight and hopefully a bit of epilogue as well.
Dec 16, 2023 7:56 AM

Jul 2014
Dragons breath that even burns up the souls... except it didn't.

Surviving a claw the size of a car crushing him.

Jumping 30 feet in the air.

Literal deus ex machina.

This is worse than Marvel writing.
Dec 16, 2023 8:36 AM

Feb 2019
Banger episode holy shit wow.

The respect Valacirca has for Will is so cool. I love hearing him praise him. Even though he’s “evil” game respects game and he definitely sees Will as a worthy adversary. The mind games he tries to play are entertaining. No way Will would come this far just to betray everyone and join the dragon ๐Ÿ˜‚ or offing himself, but appreciate the offer I guess?

Mad respect to Will for not being afraid of death and being willing to go down fighting. Luckily, having a harem of goddesses paid off and both the goddess of light and stagnate came to his aid. Valacirca’s look of surprise when he saw stagnate was golden.

I knew the dwarf army would come back to be relevant, that was a cool avengers endgame esque entrance, plus Will got the legendary dwarven weapon. Glad Al got to see his grandfather as well one last time.

Everything is set up for an absolutely epic conclusion and I can’t wait. Time for Will to cement his name in history.
Marinate1016Dec 16, 2023 8:42 AM
Dec 16, 2023 8:40 AM
Dec 2023
The dialogue accents the battle and the intervention of the Gods while predictable was fun. I love how this is just a good fantasy story and doesn't rely on classic isekai tropes.
Dec 16, 2023 10:07 AM
May 2021
Wow, so it's gonna go the distance.
Good. Good.
Dec 16, 2023 11:56 AM

Sep 2009
For anyone wondering how actual Stagnate looks like... And just to remind you, Gracefeel is her younger sister technically.

Dec 16, 2023 2:59 PM

Oct 2019
Quite an action packed episode (at last).
Dec 16, 2023 4:26 PM
Apr 2021
I KNEW IT
when valarcia said "a single god" i knew stagnat3 would show up
"this boy has 2 gods crushimg over him you red lizard" XD
vut stagnate being best girl
that i wasnt expecting
Alex_the_reaperDec 16, 2023 4:29 PM
Dec 16, 2023 4:39 PM

Mar 2010
I can't lie this felt cheesy asf.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 16, 2023 4:49 PM

Apr 2013
Wow, what a beautiful episode..

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Dec 16, 2023 8:05 PM
Apr 2023
Helm's Deep vibes in this episode.
I always knew there was a reason why Wil, an isekai MC, doesn't have a harem by this point and that is (even in the novels/manga), it is already implied that his harem is in the form of the goddesses looking over him, especially Gracefeel.

Nice to finaly Yuuki Aoi's voice again - her battle voice in this episode almost became sounding like her Tanya Degurechaff voice (Youjo Senki)
Dec 16, 2023 10:13 PM
Mar 2015
The goddesses have powered up our boi with deed dwarf souls Time to face the last boss
Dec 17, 2023 4:52 AM
Apr 2022
This was by far the best episode of this season.
Certainly, our Paladin is a lady-killer, having two goddesses protect him (and fight over him too, XD).
The next episode title will be the showdown against
Valacirca.
Excited for the last episode of this season.
Dec 17, 2023 5:53 AM
Sep 2020
This was IMO the best episode yet. Hope it stays the same but the dragon is quite patient. I mean you're a dragon f**k shit up.
Dec 17, 2023 4:36 PM
Aug 2020
it was not a bad episode

they are ready for the final move against the boss...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 17, 2023 5:00 PM
Mar 2019
We are in for an explosive last episode. Bring it.
Dec 21, 2023 1:57 AM

Aug 2012
Will is so weak and lame... also the fight is so cliche is annoying. And what a surpise ... (not to me) that the one saving him is not Gracefeel but Stagnate. Using the undead is the best strategy. And Will was just too much os self righteous coward to use it before... Gracefeel sucks... Stagnate is better. Also Va;ecirca is an idiot for giving so many chances to beat him to Will. He just had to use his flame from the start and destroy this weak simp
nightcrawlercypDec 21, 2023 2:08 AM
Dec 21, 2023 5:07 AM
Jun 2007
Having two goddesses came to "support" him.
Gosh too much talking in this episode.
Dec 21, 2023 8:05 AM
Oct 2022
Good grief. out here really just doing amazing work. I appreciate that everyone is so straightforward. And an awesome level of respect for their enemies, that they still wholeheartedly plan to end.
Dec 24, 2023 10:27 PM

Oct 2011
Good, but a little too much talk-no-jutsu so the episode felt slow. This is fine in the manga, but I don't feel like it translates well into the anime.
Dec 25, 2023 5:30 AM

Nov 2014
So that's why Will doesn't get swarmed with girls: gods were his waifus all along.
Dec 27, 2023 1:30 AM
Dec 2022
Who would have thought that Will has two Gods on his side against the Valacirca dragon. This is certainly interesting that even Valacirca has to admit.
Jan 13, 2:35 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to Embient
Plot twist: This was a harem anime the whole time.
Valacirca waiting until everyone is prepared is actually really in character.
This episode was kinda slow, but still good. The gods are epic and Al meeeing his grandfather was touching. Now onto the final battle!
@Embient ofc it was and all goddesses wil be simping for him in no time, Gracefeel and new Stagnate and other come soon after :D
Jan 13, 2:37 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to MegamiRem
Will's such a ladykiller, having two goddesses fawn over him. So Stagnate is a goddess confirmed, wonder what her human form looks like.

Will got the dwarven sword and they got a power up too from the souls it seems. Finale should be conclusion to the fight and hopefully a bit of epilogue as well.
@MegamiRem Stagnate is tsunderer type, oh hes my enemy so i won't let u kill him, yea sure i believe that's ur reason (sarcasm) lol
Jan 13, 2:43 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to JustAnotherShiro
So that's why Will doesn't get swarmed with girls: gods were his waifus all along.
@P_R that's also confirmed by source readers to

he just cant hit it off with humans that way
Jan 26, 8:36 PM
Oct 2019
That was kind of epic. Two god(desses) use their heralds to assist Will. Well, the one is only really trying to prevent the dragon from killing him, because they want to kill him instead haha.

All those dead dwarf souls are kinda brought back and then their souls are used to boost our group of heroes. And the former dwarf king gives Will his sword, the one he slashed the dragon's eye with.

The dragon's already tried to make 2 or 3 deals with Will now. Partly to test him, partly to trick him, and I think partly to amuse himself.

I'm just thinking how the troubadour is going to LOSE. HER. SHIT. when she heard all this

Dwarves, dragons, elves, humans, renewing an ancient battle. Total LotR vibes
Mar 14, 6:21 AM

Dec 2022
Something about the dragon either gloating or doing nothing at all while the party had these painfully extended dialogues throughout the episode comes across as contrived to me. Valacirca is not living up to his reputation, with how passive he is. Right about now, any real draconic force of nature would be torching every inch of the cave with a torrent of flames, and using its forelimbs to viciously swipe or crush any incapacitated party members. While I understand that Valacirca is supposed to be confident in his abilities and respectful of the heros, he already entertains the possibility that the party could kill him, which means letting them rest and regain their confidence like this is counterproductive.

If you're going to promote a dragon like it's a tangible threat to human civilisation, then have it act like it. This merciful shtick that will predictably end up with him getting killed in the next episode is always an absolute bore to watch, as it generates no tension.

๏ฝฒไน‡ๅˆ€ไน‡ไนƒๅฐบ๏พ‘ไน‡
ใŠŽ ใŠฐ
โ˜ฝ Shaded Horizon โ˜พ

More topics from this board

» Where are the girls in this show?

Dije - Jun 9

5 by T0MIE-MAL »»
Jun 10, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

59 by Gabu-sama »»
Jun 2, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2023

34 by DarkTh3Light »»
May 31, 7:03 PM

» Anime vs manga

Hugowolf - Apr 12

0 by Hugowolf »»
Apr 12, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2023

28 by Neva_1 »»
Mar 30, 10:41 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.