Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2023 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Tbh, I think Will has courage but sometimes, it's not easy to realize it. The past still haunts on him so it's not on his fault.

This episode kinda feels like a character study of Will, a character that is actually more complex than he seems on the surface. The important thing is that he faces off whatever challenge is ahead.
Oct 28, 2023 6:48 AM

Feb 2021
I actually love Ru so much
This ending with that red effect was really cool
Oct 28, 2023 6:52 AM

Dec 2021
Ru's going on a bit of a training arc I see.

Will hired the young dwarf, Ru, as his squire and began training with Menel. Ru, who eagerly embraced the stoic regimen, showed gradual improvement. After the training, Ru expressed a desire to learn about being a warrior and what courage truly meant from Will. However, Will himself harbored fear towards the root of the Rust Mountains, the wicked dragon Valacirca, and still didn't fully understand what courage entailed.

Ru is a fine fellow. I'm pleased that Will is imparting his knowledge to him. While Ru may come across as gentle and reserved at the moment, under the guidance of Will and Menel, he'll toughen up in no time. Despite Ru's progress in training, he still lacks the strength to face a deity from the underworld.

Will finds himself in a truly challenging situation.

Oct 28, 2023 7:11 AM
Sep 2015
No matter how I look, Reystov is basically Aragorn. Definitely not a complaint since both characters are so hot.

I notice that in this season Will's hands and arms are covered with a skin condition similar to rash? I hope it's just rash and not some kind of curse...
Oct 28, 2023 7:24 AM

Sep 2009
Reply to phantomfandom
No matter how I look, Reystov is basically Aragorn. Definitely not a complaint since both characters are so hot.

I notice that in this season Will's hands and arms are covered with a skin condition similar to rash? I hope it's just rash and not some kind of curse...
@phantomfandom these are burns and he received them back in the first arc of season one. He could heal them but decided to leave the scars as a badge.
Oct 28, 2023 9:39 AM

Jul 2015
Best Girl will appear next episode, I hope.

Oct 28, 2023 3:07 PM
Oct 2022
Going up against the echo of stagnate for his family was definitely courageous.
Oct 28, 2023 3:15 PM
Jul 2021
Bro needs a girlfriend in his life, and fyi I ain't talking about Menel.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Oct 28, 2023 3:47 PM

Sep 2009
Reply to Dawizz
Bro needs a girlfriend in his life, and fyi I ain't talking about Menel.
@Dawizz bro is into Gracefeel, so he has one sort of.
Oct 28, 2023 4:33 PM
Oct 2018
Rus' training continues and Stagnate makes their first appearance in the second season. A good episode.

Personally I would define courage as being afraid of something, but carrying on regardless of it whether directly or indirectly.
Oct 28, 2023 5:01 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to Nachtwandler_21
@Dawizz bro is into Gracefeel, so he has one sort of.
@Nachtwandler_21

So he's basically a Monk? Last time I checked that isn't an impediment for some female companionship. I know there are bigger fishes to fry, but Will is at that age and boys will be boys.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Oct 28, 2023 5:19 PM

Sep 2009
Reply to Dawizz
@Nachtwandler_21

So he's basically a Monk? Last time I checked that isn't an impediment for some female companionship. I know there are bigger fishes to fry, but Will is at that age and boys will be boys.
@Dawizz gods can materialize as avatars (Herlds). We saw Stagnate last season. Gracefeel is just to weak at the moment due to the loss of belivers. But Will works on it ).
Oct 28, 2023 7:28 PM
Aug 2020
it was not a bad ep, teaching this new guy etc...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 28, 2023 7:39 PM

Jan 2019
I did not really like the first season, and the second is a little boring, I think that there is nothing in this show …

By the way, I still do not understand the point of making Isekai from this story, since this paladin himself seemed to have forgotten that he arrived from another world
Oct 28, 2023 10:03 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to StrikerLife
I did not really like the first season, and the second is a little boring, I think that there is nothing in this show …

By the way, I still do not understand the point of making Isekai from this story, since this paladin himself seemed to have forgotten that he arrived from another world
@StrikerLife

Two reasons: The main thing he remembers about his old life is how he wasted it away and died unfulfilled and as such he wishes to live a full life he can be proud of in the new world.
Also it is the reason he was self aware as an infant and as such did not screw around and fully absorbed everything his parents has to teach him.
Oct 29, 2023 12:50 AM
Apr 2023
I was surprised that the episode suddenly ended and I realized that 20+ minutes already passed. That was quite an immersive episode if I'd say so myself.

Also, hurray as this episode had another rare female appearance in it.
Oct 29, 2023 3:06 AM

Dec 2017
Ru is going to learn a lot when Reystov decides to drop by but first he needs to get out of this Stagnate's den lol.

The transition to the state of fear was well done, wasn't expecting that from the anime.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Oct 29, 2023 3:32 AM
Jun 2007
Hmm Ru going to be a fine warrior.
Oct 29, 2023 4:47 AM

Jan 2014
So after the mini training arc and they meet Stagnate's messenger. Things will finally start moving.
Oct 29, 2023 2:19 PM
Apr 2023
Ótimo anime, dublagem, animação, história.
Oct 29, 2023 3:07 PM
Feb 2015
Could Ru/Lou be the son of the last king of the dwarves that fought against the demons until their last breathes? Then the dwarves were forced out of the Rust Mountains (Iron Country) when that dragon Valacirca took over their homeland?
Oct 29, 2023 7:46 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to thomaslin98
Could Ru/Lou be the son of the last king of the dwarves that fought against the demons until their last breathes? Then the dwarves were forced out of the Rust Mountains (Iron Country) when that dragon Valacirca took over their homeland?
@thomaslin98
Ru said his parents died of sickness. He could be the king's grandson, but it's still a bit of a leap.
Oct 29, 2023 8:14 PM
Feb 2015
Reply to amf85
@thomaslin98
Ru said his parents died of sickness. He could be the king's grandson, but it's still a bit of a leap.
@amf85
Other dwarves calls him young master, so he being the last dwarve king's grandson is not a bit of a leap. His parents could be one of the dwarves that couldn't fight those demons with their last king along with the others that can fight until their last breathe. He's mostly likely I believed tasked to take back the Iron Country of the Rusty Mountain from his destiny from that dragon Valacirca with other dwarves from his clan.
thomaslin98Oct 29, 2023 8:21 PM
Oct 29, 2023 10:41 PM
Mar 2019
Set up for the next episode. I wonder if this will be a rematch.
Oct 31, 2023 12:13 AM

Feb 2015
The Faraway Sausage Fest sure does take its time getting the story moving. we are four episodes in and not much has happened, it's an interesting world set up but I'm worried it will finish before anything meaningful happens.
Oct 31, 2023 7:16 PM
Mar 2015
An encounter with Stagnate
Nov 4, 2023 1:22 PM

Mar 2010
Talk about speaking of the devil.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 5, 2023 1:42 PM

Oct 2017
Pretty uneventful, boring and slow. Stagnate is back?
Nov 7, 2023 2:50 AM
Jan 2016
If this was S1 of a new anime then everyone following the 3 episode rule would've already dropped it.

Either the source material has a long boring stretch or the adaptation is really doing the source no favors in how it's presenting what is more likely a quieter setup arc.
I paused mid-Ep 4 and haven't been able to convince myself to watch the rest yet because it's been so lackluster.
Nov 12, 2023 6:39 AM

Jul 2017
Ru being William's new thane (or squire, would be the better phrased word), he is trained thoroughly by both him or Menel (when William's not around). William attending a meeting, but coincidentally meeting Ghelreis on his hunt to prepare for a big celebration, it's all in good stride. But the fear of the Fire of Black Calamity, the dragon Valacirca coming to wreak havoc once more in the Rust Mountains, that genuinely puts Will in danger mode, as Ru tries to grapple with his training. Ru practically being shielded from all calamities since his parents' passing might be why he always appears cowardly, but hopefully with the training that he can gain courage, though Will remains humble that he's not all that courageous either.

Reystov is back, though he notices Ru's awkward stance and corrects him instantly, though he will interfere with the training periodically, which Torch Port is experiencing changes as wel. Anna's reporting of undead sightings would prove critical for Ru's first exposure to battle, though the land is rather eerie since it's a burial site, even with the God of Undead Stagnate being kind enough to have people be buried proper. It might just have been people seeing things, but a mysterious cave has both Will and Ru investigating, to which they experience a power so intimidating, it could have only come from Stagnate itself.

2 years since Season 1's fateful fight, has Will steeled enough resolve to face Stagnate once again?
Nov 14, 2023 9:05 AM

Oct 2019
Stagnate is back!
Dec 22, 2023 2:09 PM

May 2020
Can't believe I forgot this show specializes in putting people to sleep.

Such was this episode. Also, could this Ru thing please talk and behave normally?
Dec 26, 2023 1:43 AM
Dec 2022
Stagnate returns?! So soon.
May 15, 12:52 PM
Jul 2022
I watched the 1 season and i can say i was honestly bored due to the animasion and the story progresion but i decided to give season 2 a chanse only to realize its worse than 1 in my opinion fell free to disagree idc
May 31, 7:03 PM
Jan 2016
Love the mini training arc.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is this adaptation better than the first season?

Ghefira - Sep 13

3 by CheliosX »»
Sep 13, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

60 by Abyhape »»
Aug 17, 2:20 AM

» Where are the girls in this show?

Dije - Jun 9

6 by Abyhape »»
Aug 17, 2:19 AM

» Anime vs manga

Hugowolf - Apr 12

0 by Hugowolf »»
Apr 12, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2023

28 by Neva_1 »»
Mar 30, 10:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.