Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 30, 2020 8:40 PM

Jul 2014
They added Kureno to the OP. Nice! The student council seems like a mess, but I know there's more to them.
Jun 30, 2020 11:29 PM
Dec 2019
it was nice to have a Yuki focussed episode. we also got a glimpse into the school president club.
Each character in the club are kinda interesting, though most of them are annoying.
Jul 1, 2020 2:30 AM

Jun 2013
I'm loving Yuki's character development.

To be honest, I thought Kimi Toudou was Tohru for a second, they kind of look similar.
臭い-
Jul 1, 2020 7:51 AM

Dec 2015
I honestly thought Kimi was a Yuki-Club member who changed her hair to Tohru's to get Yuki's attention at first. But more importantly, I'm glad that Yuki found someone like Machi. He's the perfect guy to pull him out of his shell a bit. Hell, it might even benefit Yuki's relationship with Kyo!
Jul 1, 2020 7:52 AM

Feb 2009
Cute ep, still always prefer Kyo's development over Yuki's because I feel like Yuki's self-hate and victim-complex can be very easily solved if he would just open his mouth like Manabe did and be honest then move on but, oh well, I guess it'll take him to the end to do something as simple as that. The student council team is annoying and full of tropes, so I hope they all have some interesting subversive tactics to be more well-rounded but overall I liked it!

Jul 1, 2020 11:15 AM

Jun 2017
Not really my favorite episode. I am a not-people person and I couldn't relate to Yuki's issue for not able to socialize well. It's too shallow of a reason for him to make a big deal out of it.

If he wants to interact with people and make friends, he just have to do so. It would've been easy for him because he's already popular enough.😣

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jul 1, 2020 11:36 AM

Oct 2011
KoniginElle said:
Not really my favorite episode. I am a not-people person and I couldn't relate to Yuki's issue for not able to socialize well. It's too shallow of a reason for him to make a big deal out of it.

If he wants to interact with people and make friends, he just have to do so. It would've been easy for him because he's already popular enough.😣
The issue here is that Yuki is popular for his looks and people tend to not care about the person inside and only the outside because he is just so good looking. They don't try to understand him, they're just a bunch of idiotic fangirls/boys. It's infuriating.
Jul 1, 2020 12:17 PM
Jul 2016
I really like watching these dumbasses from the student council. It forces Yun-Yun to deal with his own insecurities.

It's refreshing to see the high school again after a while.
Jul 1, 2020 12:29 PM

Apr 2013
Nothing helps a brother sleep more than a Yuki episode, respectfully.
Jul 1, 2020 8:57 PM

Aug 2018
Dayum that was a good life lesson at the end

You maybe feel jealous to other people around you but dont forget we are all unique in our own sometimes you have that other people dont have or lacks.

enjoyable ep
Kimi looks like a thot version on Tohru xD
Actually she's really pretty though i prefer the not cutesy side of her.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jul 2, 2020 7:15 AM

Jul 2017
This was a pretty good episode. 2nd episode to feature Yuki's fan club which is cool. I can't wait to see more of it, especially how Yuki will continue to gradually develop a good relationship with the club and with Machi :3

Also, I'm kind of expecting a new OP in the next episode but I may be wrong.
Jul 2, 2020 4:24 PM

Oct 2011
Machi only said a "huh?" the entire episode and melted my heart... I love that girl!

the council dynamic is so funny, was looking forward to finally see animated!

wish Kimi's hair was a little darker, XD
Jul 3, 2020 12:18 PM

May 2018
ayy lmao the Yuki fan club is back! It's nice to see Yuki and VP finally getting along with each other
Jul 3, 2020 5:12 PM

Apr 2014
Ah the smell of youthful angst.
Jul 3, 2020 10:20 PM

Oct 2017
80% of this episode was meh but the last few mins were good. Dun like Yuki that much so couldn't care less.
Jul 7, 2020 10:55 PM

May 2013
Ugh. I never took a liking to Machi in the manga .-.

Jul 10, 2020 3:21 AM

Sep 2018
Student council is so chaotic!! but they're funny 😂
Poor Machi, being quiet and all. I spoiled myself about her and I want to see the anime version.
Jul 13, 2020 10:54 AM

May 2016
My least fav episode of the season, 80% was annoying the shit out of me.
that ending was a bit better.
Jul 21, 2020 12:17 AM

Apr 2018
ArchaicAlchemy said:
Eh, an OK episode. I've never been a fan of the student council (I just find them really boring and I will forever have a beef with Kakeru for doing *that* to Tohru even if he apologized in the end), so I just want to go back to Tohru soon.

This tbh. I'm not a fan of these student council episodes.
Aug 3, 2020 1:11 AM

Oct 2007
so the basic plot of this episode is to introduce four emotionally unstable people into the student council. The worst being the vice president, he would act like a shitbag towards Yuki, so Yuu-Yuu can emotionally mature.

whoa, this episode has so much angst and toxic to watch.. I had to "heal" myself by watching episodes of Kanon and RE:Lights immediately after watching this.

need more Tohru x Kyo screentime and please not much more student council. This is easily the worst episode I've watched in the anime.
Aug 13, 2020 12:00 AM
Nov 2017
That had to be the most boring episode so far I don’t see what everyone else likes about it. Kimi and Kakeru were cringe worthy and both got on my nerves the whole episode. If it would’ve been about Machi and Yuki by themselves it would’ve been way better
Aug 23, 2020 9:13 PM

Jan 2019
I have to say, this one was a bit heavy handed, even for Fruits Basket.

At least it seemed somewhat self aware of that fact and balanced it with some humorous stylizing.
Sep 6, 2020 10:55 AM

Jun 2016
Another episode about Yuki’s inner conflicts. His tendency to compare himself to others, and to feel lacking. Was a very endearing episode.
Sep 8, 2020 3:24 AM

Jun 2020
was having a lot of fun with this episode, kakeru is always so much fun to watch

till he kicked the plants lol. just WHY pls channel your anger & impulses somehow elsewhere lol yuki was helping the gardening club out why did he have to destroy them plants it's trivial but that rubbed me the wrong way

i liked how yuki mentioned that kakeru reminds him of not just ayame, but kyo as well. like what tohru mused, it's their way of acknowledging each other x)

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 11, 2020 12:23 PM

Jan 2017
Great comedic episode but I can't watch it properly...

Kimi voice was scratching back of my head. I know that I head it somewhere before but where? So I'm checking who is the seyou, ah ok it's Rumi Okub-san, so I'm checking her list of characters:

- Fate/Apo Astolfo...........

I just can't focus on her while hearing best trap speaking :(
Sep 14, 2020 4:33 AM

Dec 2013
This student council looks like a pain to deal with...
Oct 5, 2020 4:56 PM

Aug 2017
Kakeru is really hyperactive lol, his fight with Yuki was intense! I was trolled by Kimi Toudou at first, she looks like Tohru lmao. Better than last episode.
NurguburuOct 5, 2020 5:03 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 15, 2020 1:10 AM

Dec 2013
The other student council members might be a pain in the ass😂 but they are not bad people, I guess? I don't get Manabe at first, I thought he's really annoying but when he apologized to Kyo, I realized he's not a bad guy. Yuki is learning more about himself and other

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Dec 27, 2020 4:47 PM

Jun 2017
Honestly, I don't like any of the new student council members, they're all annoying. I'm hoping they won't be a big part of the show.
Mar 22, 2021 12:16 PM

Jun 2019
This episode made me tear up a bit.
Mar 28, 2021 3:17 PM

Aug 2016
Worst episode of season 2 sofar, I can't stand the student council or the "yuki"-girl idk what her name even was. It feels really out of place and not needed at all, why are they even there? I hope we don't see more of them.
Apr 25, 2021 8:32 AM

Mar 2010
Its always good to have at least on person who is hyper balances out the stale atmosphere.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 27, 2021 8:22 AM

Dec 2020
another yuki centric episode while taking a peak on the student council's work. not a fan of the student council, most of them pretty annoying but its probably for comedy and it just didnt work for me so eh. kimi girl looks like she's copying tohru, from giggling to everything, speaking in a kind manner, hair, fav color, etc. vice president is still annoying but he's the most tolerable one out of the three (kimi, 1st year guy, and vice pres) also does he have a crush on honda? when he said "you responded just like her" who does "her" refer to? and again i rly liked how they fought. raising voices against each other while uttering their feelings
May 6, 2021 1:21 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I really like the focus on the student council whenever it happens, the series could have a spin-off solely for them and I would still dig it.

Definitely an interesting episode, but I look forward to more focus on Machi.
May 19, 2021 3:08 PM

May 2020
Some interesting new characters. They'll surely be shaking things up from the norm.

But with the school term starting up again I could've sworn we saw Tohru making plans to hang out with her friends over the summer. Did she just bail on them to hang with the Somas all summer? lol
May 25, 2021 7:59 AM

Apr 2020
Kimi is pretty, yes, but I hate her personality. So yeah, I hate her already lol

Irony seems to be always on Kakeru's side

I completely with Yuki. Comparing one's happiness to another sounds really rude
DefeatingMeMay 25, 2021 8:03 AM
Jul 1, 2021 7:56 AM
Jun 2020
i can see myself in yuki, imma cry now
Jul 1, 2021 9:17 PM

Apr 2020
I quite liked Naohito at first I was suspicious but he turned out to be a good person and I hope to see more student student scenes Especially Naohito and Yuki, so I am quite interested in Machi, one of the student council members and at the end of the scene as usual it makes heartwarming, damn it feels more like a masterpiece
Aug 6, 2021 9:46 PM

Jul 2021
SJ7izm said:
Nothing helps a brother sleep more than a Yuki episode, respectfully.

respectfully indeed
Aug 6, 2021 9:53 PM

Jul 2021
this episode was alright. I'm not a peoples person so I was annoyed. Yuki went from anting to separate himself from people to becoming president and interacting with everybody. he brave.
Sep 11, 2021 4:12 AM

Jul 2015
Yun-Yun's fellow student council members seem to be quite the handful bunch especially Manabe who unnessarily kicked the seedlings out of Yuki's arms ...poor seedlings...

Oct 18, 2021 2:02 PM

Nov 2018
I like very much how Yuki thinks! I too believe that the evil is not outside but rather inside us. If people only realized this, it would make the world better.

The vice president impressed me not only for his warm positive nature, but especially for his lack of ego. When he became angry at Yuki, he genuinely expressed his real feelings disregarding that it might have affected his image. Moreover, it was so easy for him to apologize. I would really love to have this super power!
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Dec 7, 2021 12:05 PM

Dec 2007
i don't care to get spin-off about this student council lol.
really like kimi character, wants more of her.
on the other hand, yuki is kinda annoying to me, make me wants punch him in his face and say "man up!". why men in shoujo have to act like girls? lol
Apr 14, 2022 11:20 PM

Nov 2020
Good episode, council moment are better than romance, ironical for a romance anime

Sep 17, 2022 1:07 PM

Jan 2008
Watching Yuki's reaction to the student council's antics is amusing imo. Kakeru really does seem like a mix of Ayame and Kyo.

Yuki has to work on crushing the villain inside saying he's not good enough.
May 26, 9:30 AM

Apr 2017
I disagree with most comments here. I actually found this episode to be funny tbh. I liked the personalities of the student council members being a hot mess. Kimi actually seems fun and entertaining. I feel like we should have more female characters like her, or more female characters that are bad and/or manipulative, without them being Saturday Morning Cartoons bad.

Seriously, not every female character has to be good. We need more toxic and fun ones. Like... If she gets on your nerves, then y'all would not survive Sae's manipulative ass from Peach Girl.
May 26, 9:32 AM

Apr 2017
I also want to point out that this episode influenced a lot of slice of life animanga. Dance Dance Danseur took from this episode...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

240 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 28, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2020

127 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2020

124 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2020

106 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

142 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 10:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.