Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Plunderer
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2020 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, they're actually students now in this weird timeline. Definitely not your normal school with the rules being in place. Even Jail feels intimidated

Pretty sure the main characters are at this school to discover the mysteries and its secrets.
Apr 8, 2020 10:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The stars bet is the one from the espoir arc in Kaiji
Apr 8, 2020 10:51 AM

Feb 2019
Lets goo, my fave anime of the season. Been waiting all week for this

Lyne in a long skirt is hilarious. Even the teacher thinks she’s too happy

Seeing how protective Hina gets over Licht is so damn cute.

Jail is absolute best bro for standing up to Doan despite the odds. Man I love him so much.

I’m really enjoying this time travel arc a lot. People dropped this right before the big twists.

Can’t wait for next week
Apr 8, 2020 10:56 AM

Jun 2015
A very clever episode I feel. Interesting how the star game worked out and darn I was hoping Jail was gonna get down and dirty some out school fighting but such a reality snatched away by head master. I'm chomping at the bit for next weeks episode as always to see where this mad ride takes us.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 8, 2020 11:22 AM

Jan 2014
Plot is honestly better with this more serious feel to it honestly. Really liking it this way.
Apr 8, 2020 11:30 AM

Dec 2017
Good episode, they are adapting this arc better than the first one. Hopefully the studio keeps this up.
Apr 8, 2020 12:20 PM

Jan 2013
feels like Lyne had somewhat like a random character change, not digging it
Apr 8, 2020 12:26 PM
Dec 2018
Damn I really wanted to see Jail beat that guy's face so hard he'd end up prettier than what he already is
Apr 8, 2020 1:45 PM

May 2018
machetevuoi said:
Damn I really wanted to see Jail beat that guy's face so hard he'd end up prettier than what he already is

Me too...........................................................................
Apr 8, 2020 1:57 PM

May 2018

we got fanservice....................
JiangHaoyi1979Apr 8, 2020 2:29 PM
Apr 8, 2020 2:17 PM

Oct 2018
another good episode like last week, I'm really looking forward to know how this arc will unveil
Apr 8, 2020 4:58 PM
Jan 2019
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

We have a great arc in progress...
We have Jail being bad ass...
We have Licht pulling a fast one...
And we got fanservice...

What's not to like about this series?
Apr 8, 2020 4:59 PM

Oct 2017
Great episode :) Can't wait for next week!
Apr 8, 2020 10:09 PM
Jun 2017
love this episode... yeah..
Apr 9, 2020 12:00 AM
Jan 2020
Why is this anime so hated... Its definitely 1 of my favorites
😊
Apr 9, 2020 2:11 AM

Apr 2019
God bless Lyne.
I'm looking forward for more fanservice lol.
Apr 9, 2020 2:47 AM

Jul 2016
They really should have adapt the first arc in much better/faster pacing instead of time travel arc, time travel arc's pacing in the manga is just good as what it's so there's no reason to rush this arc. No doubt they would add a few more filler episodes later on based on how fast the pacing is now.

MadaraRe said:
Why is this anime so hated... Its definitely 1 of my favorites
😊

Fan-service + pacing + non-existence "rape" scenes
Apr 9, 2020 8:01 AM

Mar 2014
I kinda like this school arc more than the first half of this show
Apr 9, 2020 12:59 PM

Oct 2008
The girls' school uniform are so HOT ERO SEXY! yum!
4/5.

Apr 9, 2020 1:15 PM

Feb 2015
Good episode, nothing too amazing and the plot has advanced a bit more but not at the speed required IMO. I dont like how this anime is ending into a generic high school drama. Way too cliche, but that said, I guess the origin story they try to tell is pretty good.
"Miharu denki desu"
Apr 10, 2020 2:18 AM

Jul 2016
JZA said:
I dont like how this anime is ending into a generic high school drama.

So learning how to become a soldier in a military school is same as those SoL and romantic middle/high school series? Okay........?
Apr 10, 2020 6:58 PM

Aug 2018
The ecchi flag rose again during the short bath scene

Good episode overall, the journey of the squad in a military school from another era began
Apr 15, 2020 3:06 PM

Jul 2017
The new school military life 300 years back for Jail and the others...

And encountering Schmelman straghtaway on in Licht's class is...pure horror. Giving Licht and the others a test of the Star Stake, truly is where it all began.

And not forgetting the ecchi fanservice once again.

Jail standing up against Doan, that's a pretty ballsy move for someone coming from the future. And for Teacher Schmelman, he didin't suspect a thing, but presumed all as normal.

More things to come in this school drama.
Apr 18, 2020 3:59 AM

Oct 2017
Such a cruel world they live in, even earning decent amount of food is so hard.

This arc's been fun so far. Also seems like the star system originated from here. I wonder what was forshadowed during that scene where Alan said Alicia, could it be just a conincidence?
Apr 20, 2020 10:00 AM

Dec 2016
Licht is such a prankster it was funny to see him mess around with that beast Doah or whatever. That brute learned karma the hard way. Love it!

This episode was actually satisfying -w-

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 22, 2020 11:10 PM
Feb 2020
RedChrome said:
I kinda like this school arc more than the first half of this show
Honestly, I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. Idk why but I'm finding it really hard to get into the second half. I have found myself debating about watching episode 14 right now which I have never done before. Additionally, I'm finding myself confused about which character they are talking about which I didn't have a problem with before.
Apr 24, 2020 2:42 PM

Feb 2015
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

This is nothing compared to the last episode at the onsen.
"Miharu denki desu"
Apr 24, 2020 2:45 PM

Feb 2015
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
JZA said:
I dont like how this anime is ending into a generic high school drama.

So learning how to become a soldier in a military school is same as those SoL and romantic middle/high school series? Okay........?

Is not like you see them learning to put a rifle back together. It mostly look like a 'beach episode' from any school comedy series. For the most part this 'training' look more like lunchtime to me. I most say the whole high tech underground base do put a spin to the school building but thats about it. Is not like you see batallions and tanks blasting through the episode like the original story with the Apache Helicopter killing a whole town though high caliber machine gun.
"Miharu denki desu"
Apr 25, 2020 2:55 AM

Jul 2016
JZA said:
For the most part this 'training' look more like lunchtime to me.

Of course it feel like nothing happened (Or lunchtime or whatever you claims it to be) because the anime has skipped 90% of the training scenes. It would be better if the anime adapt these scenes instead of skipping those and do that mock battle "game" (Which only happened off-scene in the manga) on EP15:

JZA said:
It mostly look like a 'beach episode' from any school comedy series.

It's literally just have one beach episode and you claims it like as if EP12-14 are also about beach too lol.

JZA said:
Is not like you see them learning to put a rifle back together.

JZA said:
Is not like you see batallions and tanks blasting through the episode like the original story with the Apache Helicopter killing a whole town though high caliber machine gun.

....... What kind of training are you excepting? Are we even watching the same anime? Lol.

Before we talk about the skipped training scenes, have you actually paid attention on what Shumerman/Schmerman said when other students asks him about the guns in EP15? There's a reason why they don't do these kind of training but do the melee combats training instead.

Also, this thread isn't a good place to discuss these stuffs and we should continue it on EP15 discusssion instead.
Apr 26, 2020 10:28 AM

Feb 2015
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Also, this thread isn't a good place to discuss these stuffs and we should continue it on EP15 discusssion instead.

Well this school saga has been going on for 4 episodes so far, probably the next episode will also be a school one. In essense it has no semblance to the previous season.
"Miharu denki desu"
Apr 27, 2020 2:59 AM

Jul 2016
JZA said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Well this school saga has been going on for 4 episodes so far, probably the next episode will also be a school one. In essense it has no semblance to the previous season.

Just because the latest episode is still on the same arc doesn't mean you can talk the spoiler stuffs in the earlier episode thread whatever we like.

Mind you, if the mods actually care (Doing their job as a moderator) and saw this thread, they will surely delete all of our conversation as it has nothing to do with this thread at all. They have doing this a lot of times in the past with other threads.
MahiaErebeaNegiApr 27, 2020 3:02 AM
Apr 27, 2020 9:18 AM

Feb 2018
Ellenwitch said:
Plot is honestly better with this more serious feel to it honestly. Really liking it this way.

I agree completely.
I also don't see the point of this anime having the majority of those weird and purposeless episodes before this one... Wasting people's time, blah. The premises for this time travel arc could have been set more briefly and effectively.
May 20, 2020 9:01 PM
Jan 2017
As the main characters attempt to discover the secrets from the past, they find themselves with no choice but to enroll in a military academy. It must feel weird for Jail, Lynn and Pele to become students again, but Hina seems to be looking forward to it. This episode makes the smart decision to avoid world-building for the time being and focus on the characters themselves. It's not a quick and easy solution to the show's problems, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

Does anyone else find it weird that nobody comments on the fact that Lynn and Pele still address Jail as first lieutenant even though they are all students now? Sure, they're obeying military protocol, but do they even care about protecting their cover? At least Rihito finds it weird that Hina calls him "Licht", but he doesn't question it any further.

By this point, I've lost any hope I previously had for Plunderer to become a genuinely enjoyable show. Even if it still has the chance to end on a high note, I find it really hard to care about the characters or the story. For whatever it's worth, Plunderer is worth watching just to laugh at its flaws.
Jun 5, 2020 4:24 PM
Oct 2019
I'm enjoying learning more about how everything started. Curious to see where it goes.

But man, can someone just kill Hina? She's terrible. In every respect.
Jul 19, 2020 7:21 AM

Jul 2015
Rihito is quite the magician with those stars. I wonder if Tokikaze and Jail are related in any way because of their similiar personality and also kind of similiar hairstyle and height. Even though this is one weird setting, still pretty good episode with the prototype Count system.

Jul 19, 2020 7:31 AM

Jul 2015
Rihito is quite the magician with those stars. I wonder if Tokikaze and Jail are related in any way because of their similiar personality and also kind of similiar hairstyle and height. Even though this is one weird setting, still pretty good episode with the prototype Count system.

May 15, 2021 9:54 AM

Aug 2017
The bully is really annoying, too bad Jail didn't punch him but at least Licht stole all his stars.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 5, 2022 7:45 AM

Apr 2013
I did not expect to be stuck in the past for that long, I hope we soon return to the present.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2020

49 by stevenw24 »»
May 14, 10:29 PM

» Such squandered potential.

LemonadeSamurai - Mar 5

21 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
May 9, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

43 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

85 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 14, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Plunderer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

195 by yourfav_r »»
Jan 10, 5:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.