Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2020 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Apparently, animals are not safe in this show. Or at least in this episode since there's a case about them.

I have to say though, this anime offers a lot of variety in cases while taking the characters to all type of places. And lol, those monkeys are hilarious. They got no chill. I'm kinda surprised how dark this episode got though.
Feb 14, 2020 10:27 AM
May 2014
Moriarty is twisted, no wonder his father wanted him dead
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2020 10:42 AM

Aug 2013
It's getting obvious now that Moriarty is behind criminals committing suicide and shouting that number. I wonder how he does that.

Feb 14, 2020 11:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wtf Moriarty is becoming darker and darker
Feb 14, 2020 12:20 PM

Jan 2013
even tho they turned it up to 11 (or in Japan's case, maybe normal), this episode really hits the nail on the head of the cult-like toxic mentality and extreme blind loyalty of fandoms

that poor zookeeper tho...she just wanted to care for her animals :/
Feb 14, 2020 1:21 PM

May 2019
This cour started to get to the point and so far it has been amazing. I'm glad I didn't drop the anime after watching a few boring episodes at the beginning.

Moriarty said Sherlock has changed but he is the one who has changed. I wonder when we'll learn about what the hell happened to him during his time in jail. And what even is his goal?

Also, even though Moriarty got rid of the evidence and hid the truth, it seems like the truth still managed to resurface one way or another.

Hm... On second thought, I wonder if one of Moriarty's end goals is about making his dad the prime suspect for everything and ruin his life. It's just weird that he went back to his father after what happened to his beloved sis.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Feb 14, 2020 2:09 PM

Feb 2017
Man... things in this episode just didn't go well. First that zookeeper girl and then the way crazy fans committed suicide... brutal.
By now it's obvious Moriarty is behind all this, or at least has a huge part in it. I just have no idea how he does it.
Feb 14, 2020 3:35 PM

Oct 2008
That number again!? more suicides to come!
i have a feeling Moriarty is discreetly involved in this cases!
4/5.

Feb 14, 2020 3:59 PM
Nov 2015
This show turned from stupid comic mystery to dark stupid comic mystery and i love it for that. I wander if there is a message in the numbers the criminals are shouting. And i think this is a much longer plan that Moriarty had cuz he knew the girls before killing Jack
Feb 14, 2020 4:25 PM

Sep 2017
James is a sociopath confirmed.
Feb 14, 2020 5:44 PM

Oct 2009
Ok, seriously, wtf is going on?? It's getting more annoying than engaging at this point.
Feb 14, 2020 6:30 PM

Nov 2011
Yo if Moriarty is in on these murders he's a real piece of shit! he got that Zookeeper killed for no reason!

It was nice to see Irene though. Still looking good.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 15, 2020 11:21 AM

May 2018
ProofByColor said:
James is a sociopath confirmed.

Ur right..........................................
Feb 15, 2020 10:49 PM

Jun 2013
Okay Moriarity, wtf?

I'm also wondering what that number they keep yelling means.
臭い-
Feb 16, 2020 3:07 PM

Jul 2017
The elections coming...with Mayor Moran rising in support, so is his son Moriarty in garnering support from the media.

First, animals killed in the local zoo? Plus it being anonymous? That certainly helps for Moriarty than Sherlock or Watson. Thank him for the never-ending mild sideline jobs for the detectives.

However, the line between Sherlock and Moriarty draws when the prison that Moriarty is housed in draw parallel to the criminals being killed. The red herring now, I'd get the feeling that the controversy over Moriarty will be bigger than what Sherlock or the other detectives have anticipated.

The issue of the current fans-turned-murderers Momotaros (resurfaced again) really showcases the cult following of musical artists, and the toxic fandom that goes far for its beloved fans.

And there lies the exact same numbers again, but the rift between Sherlock and Moriarty, not to mention the tabloids wanting to seek the truth, becomes clear.
Feb 16, 2020 4:22 PM
Aug 2017
So Moriarty's gone full sociopath huh? Legit though I really like this show but the whole first cour being like "oh you though Moriarty was the killer SIKE" and now this cour going into these "suicides" with Moriarty at the centre. Has me wondering if they're gonna try to do that again? You can't do the same twist twice so hopefully they just go down a dark rabbit hole of Moriarty's fucked up psyche but eh either way I'm here till the end
Feb 17, 2020 7:44 AM

Sep 2011
I can understand loving something so much that it makes you feel like you can keep going on, and suffering because it's over. But murdering innocent animals, people, and resenting others who aren't at fault? That's sick. I really wonder what's the deal with Moriarty though. I still can't understand why he is helping his father so much. Does he plan to make him fall after helping him to get to the top or something? And the way those girls killed themselves... Did he suddenly develop, or realized that he has, a power similar to Magase Ai or something now? Because it really felt like he made those girls commit suicide on the spot. They weren't even in that same prison from which came the others who are committing suicide either. And he somehow seems disappointed with Sherlock for having a shard of empathy towards them. As unreasonable as they were, I can't blame him for feeling like saying sorry. And Watson doesn't deserve to be used as a shield like that by the way. lol
Feb 17, 2020 10:44 AM

Feb 2016
yellowheartren said:
Ok, seriously, wtf is going on?? It's getting more annoying than engaging at this point.
It's obvious that they are setting things up for the finale so you won't get answers until it happens.
Why is this annoying?
They are solving cases as usual but something very big is going on it the background: Moriarty, elections, prison escapees committing suicides, old cases (Momotaros) resurfacing, mysterious number sequence - everything is connected but we don't have all pieces to complete the puzzle.
It's engaging, it makes you want to watch the next episode - tbh, this is how this series should be from the begging.

My suspicion is that Moran didn't get his son out of jail for free - they made a mutual agreement so they'll both get what they want. Moran is getting support because of his son being "hero detective" while Moriarty has his fun and excitement from working with Sherlock and solving "mysteries" (ofc they are not the real mysteries because it was all set up by Moran and Moriarty behind the scenes).
Moriarty showed hints of his twisted personality earlier but I guess committing murder pushed his boundaries so solving normal cases is not enough for him. I think he's preparing "a big playground" for Sherlock.
Feb 18, 2020 4:47 PM

Dec 2016
@Bibimbapski

@peev

Maybe it has no meaning? like it was shown in tv series Sherlock when Moriarty by tapping his fingers was toying with Sherlock.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.167/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.88/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.65/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 19, 2020 1:08 AM

Oct 2017
Felt bad for the zookeeper, she wanted to save the animals but ended up dying. Also James is upto something.
Feb 26, 2020 5:11 PM
Apr 2018
The showing makin me hate baby Moriarty. I loved him during the 1st cour but now... i just don't know what to feel.
Mar 1, 2020 6:13 AM
Feb 2018
I have a theory on moriarty turn to villainy in this series.i believe it mainly his father fault because james his not the heir he wish him to be or not his son entirely (i have no evidence) but he wish to use him but James was his own person and would not help so his father paid to have him kill. This didn't work out but when james kill his sister killer his father used his dark connection to trap james leaving him without friends or allies other than people he want namely the guy with the half red face. This force james to work with the red face guy and his father. I put money almost every prisoner that escaped work for James's father so his father get a hero son that take out old business partners or lackies
Mar 24, 2020 11:13 PM

Dec 2019
We all know for sure that Moriarty is connected to those suicides, it was kinda obvious from the opening he was gonna turn twisted, but i wonder how he does that must be some connection from the past like brainwash or fear idk, i guess we will find out later.
                                                         🖤   

May 18, 2020 5:25 PM

May 2015
My only theory is that Moriarty has a death note.
Dec 9, 2020 7:36 PM
Nov 2017
Yeah, it's obvious Moriarty has his own number too, by the way he tells the girls to end it.

This episode is a turning point, the show is no longer comfy and im guessing its gonna be stupid drama from here on out. And don't get me wrong, it's not like drama is bad, but this show never did drama good. Is crazed fans killing a random person over their favorite band breaking up really the best they could come up with?
Jan 18, 2021 6:27 AM

Jul 2015
I hope no animals were hurt in the making of this episode. Seems like Moriarty is showing his true colors now, prison really has changed him

Mar 19, 2021 6:00 PM

Mar 2010
So Moriarty killed everyone and is probably the final villain. He is such a two face bastard lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

54 by SenChen »»
Apr 14, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

59 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 15, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

27 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 14, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

39 by OneFaintingRobin »»
Mar 14, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

34 by EratiK »»
Sep 4, 2022 3:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.