Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2019 1:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, the seven deadly sins are settling their score against Melascula of the Commandments.

One thing I do want to point out is how powerful her Cocoon of Darkness is. Even in his demon form, Meliodas has a lot of trouble breaking out. A lot of mind psychology this episode tbh. This episode was more of a mental battle than a physical one especially with the other characters.
Dec 18, 2019 1:23 AM

Nov 2007
King's friend is happy for him for many happy things happened to him.

There's an wall that not let outsider in... isolated.

KajiKaji's enemy was fake and female one got KajiKaji's character.

It seems like the attack shown before OP (long ago, when king's friend was human) was before they arrived.

The skulls are being used. As well as KajiKaji's character's power, as it was transferred to the skulls.

Then one is left, all power to it. Though the power crushed.

It seems like the evil aura (grudge from those skulls) got titan girl. The fairy girl and princess decided to save her.

It seems like what happened to the princess got titan girl.

King's friend appeared to pay his crime.

Princess got the rest of grudge (from crashing King's friend) out.

Doll guy's ability "Invasion" this time.

17:30 next (~30 mins. early).

Edit: Theme Songs for 2nd Cours
OP: "delete" by SID
ED: "Good day" by Kana Adachi
https://twitter.com/7_taizai/status/1207242318333366272
tsubasaloverDec 18, 2019 5:47 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 18, 2019 7:31 AM

Jul 2013
RIP Helbram, his true death was worthless, since at the end Elizabeth and Elaine saved the situation themselves anyway (unless they needed a lesser concentration of souls in order for their purification technique to work, in which cases then Helbram's sacrifice wouldn't have been in vain).

I'm glad they didn't portrayed Diane's blood in her "Ghoul mode" white, otherwise it would have look awkward. I see they haven't using that censorship that much in the past episodes, let's hope they keep things like this.

This scene was hilarious.
Dec 18, 2019 8:25 AM

Jun 2019
Another great episode. Not sure why this season is scoring so low, this is lining up to be one of the best seasons ever of Seven Deadly Sins. I mean we've never had them all together before.
Dec 18, 2019 12:17 PM

Jan 2012
imagine s3 would have a soul oooooof
it could have been the best season

Dec 18, 2019 12:33 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn Diane in crazy mode
Dec 18, 2019 1:04 PM

Apr 2012
This is probably the first time the bad animation got to me, or maybe it was the worst of the season.
It also felt that some of the scenes were not out of the manga but 'anime original', specifically the part where a huge skeleton appears and suddenly collapses.

Ah well, not all the episodes can be great i guess.
Dec 18, 2019 2:08 PM
Jul 2016
Fluxje said:
This is probably the first time the bad animation got to me, or maybe it was the worst of the season.
It also felt that some of the scenes were not out of the manga but 'anime original', specifically the part where a huge skeleton appears and suddenly collapses.

Ah well, not all the episodes can be great i guess.

No, the skeleton thing was actually done better than in the manga
Dec 18, 2019 2:29 PM

Apr 2014
Literally everything about this season sucks. The animation, the sound design, the voice acting, the pacing etc. Studio Deen literally ruined this show.
Dec 18, 2019 2:41 PM
Jul 2016
Milk_is_Special said:
Literally everything about this season sucks. The animation, the sound design, the voice acting, the pacing etc. Studio Deen literally ruined this show.

Yes, kinda, no, kinda
Dec 18, 2019 4:26 PM

Mar 2016
23feanor said:
Another great episode. Not sure why this season is scoring so low, this is lining up to be one of the best seasons ever of Seven Deadly Sins. I mean we've never had them all together before.

lol u kiding me? i mean like, they get/ let themselve get stop by a weak army of skeledons instead of just ignoring them and chase after their captain.
Dec 18, 2019 11:12 PM
Dec 2019
papsoshea said:
hamanito said:

lol u kiding me? i mean like, they get/ let themselve get stop by a weak army of skeledons instead of just ignoring them and chase after their captain.
Those skeletons were being powered by the Captain's power, no?

-----

I want to see more Escanor being badass. Elizabeth saved the day.

Don't worry Escanor is going to be plenty badass this season
Dec 19, 2019 1:38 AM

Oct 2017
Melascula's reaction was hilarious and nice Elizabeth saved Diane.
Dec 19, 2019 3:40 AM

May 2019
While the manga still handled this better, the adaptation in this ep was better than the previous ones - hopefully it can return to its former glory :)

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Dec 19, 2019 2:53 PM

May 2014
Still not feeling much impact from what's happening unfortunately. The content is still good, but it's a shame about the delivery of it. Kind of reminded me of Soul Eater with Diane going a bit mad like that.
Dec 19, 2019 5:05 PM
Jan 2018
So we don’t have Ban’s scene where he goes berserk after hearing Melioda’s story? It was super important as it showed Ban’s fury and regret for having said that Meliodas couldn’t understand him.
Dec 20, 2019 12:45 AM

Jul 2017
This episode is one of the many times where the difference in quality can be seen, and the manga always triumphs in comparison to Studio Deen's abysmal production.

Facing Melascula again does prove to be a challenge for the Meliodas and the Seven Deadly Sins, but her powers are different this time, with mind psychology being her strategy trapping Meliodas in her Cocoon of Darkness and the rest of Coland's magic acting as per commands.

Despite that, Helbram showing up to qualm and Elizabeth saving Diane's soul remains...not much impact was felt.

Meh episode...
Dec 20, 2019 9:52 AM

Mar 2016
papsoshea said:
hamanito said:

Those skeletons were being powered by the Captain's power, no?

-----

I want to see more Escanor being badass. Elizabeth saved the day.

oh okey sorry, then after merlin realize that and where the power is coming from im just staying there and beating up weak skeletons and dont help captain. make sense. and even if they were powered by meliodas , they werent even shown strong or after that ten command did say , it gets powered by ur urge to kill, he just be like, im chilling dude no power for u, and not like its a bond of the 7 deadly sins whichc makes no sense at all
Dec 20, 2019 10:10 AM
Aug 2018
Everything in production term is weird. I don’t feel joy, excitement, sadness compared to other season. This ep. make me feel nothing for every scene and I hate it.
Enjoy your day sometimes.
Dec 20, 2019 11:46 AM

Dec 2014
Getting back to the real fights I believe... Rip fairy ghost
Dec 21, 2019 10:13 AM

Nov 2019
Another 5/5 episode
Dec 21, 2019 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
Milk_is_Special said:
The pacing sucks because of The studio but also because of The mangaka after all the manga is full of many useless situations that don't get us anywhere ,that elf died but who Cares, Elizabeth came and did everything,the battle scenes we terrible and should not have been there imo
Dec 21, 2019 11:54 PM
Apr 2018
Episode was good in the beginning, until Shitty DIANE starts crying. There's no maturity to this character. I can't feel any pleasant emotion, when this bitch appears.

DIANE's Dialogues dissapointed me :-
-- King... King... I am a horrible girl and i did something awful to Elizabeth (while crying).

What was good about this episode is that there were no "GOMENASAI". If there were any apologies, i would have surely derated this season on MAL.

With so many years of experience of battles such as this, she must learn how to be calm during any situation. You can't possibly a warrior, if your mind wavers everytime, even when the answer is clear.
Doutei-kunDec 22, 2019 12:08 AM
Dec 22, 2019 12:10 AM
Apr 2018
Amvaker said:
I hate when Diane starts to cry..
Episode was good in the beginning, until Shitty DIANE starts crying. There's no maturity to this character. I can't feel any pleasant emotion, when this bitch appears.

DIANE's Dialogues dissapointed me :-
-- King... King... I am a horrible girl and i did something awful to Elizabeth (while crying).

What was good about this episode is that there were no "GOMENASAI". If there were any apologies, i would have surely derated this season on MAL.
Dec 22, 2019 11:30 AM

Jul 2014
The animation in this episode was absolutely abysmal yet again, which is a shame off the back of two reasonably solid episodes.
Dec 22, 2019 3:48 PM

Oct 2008
Is Helbram totally absolutely banished? not even a soul that King can get advise with!? OMG!
5/5.

Dec 23, 2019 7:48 PM
Mar 2015
o long Helbram. Elizabeth and Elaine were able to take your death and save the day
Dec 23, 2019 8:01 PM

Jan 2018
I hope King can repair the helmet and Helbram can come back :( he's one of my favs.
Dec 26, 2019 9:03 AM

Apr 2018
Melascula using dirty tricks as always. Did Helmbram sacrificed himself for no reason lmao
Dec 28, 2019 1:12 AM
Oct 2007
As much as I appreciate and is grateful for another season, there's really no impact most of the time in all aspects. Still can't decide if that's the original content fault or just mainly the studio who took over the series this time round.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2019 3:06 AM

May 2015
melascula best girl.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 2, 2020 8:13 PM
Mar 2019
That heavy metal soundtrack in the intro of this episode was absolutely killer.

Of course Zeldris is an illusion..
Studio Deen knows we want that fight so they tease us with false cliffhangers..

I am pleased with the animation this episode, still not the nicest thing to look at but at least production has started to move away from the, what I can only assume to be storyboard cutouts, from the previous arc. Would be nice to see a little more care for movement between impact frames.

I thought the cacoon scene was extremely bland. These types of scenes are usually paired with good sound design like echoes to give off the impression that the character is completely removed from the world.
Gowther's Invasion was a much better rendition of a scene like this.

RIP Helbram (again). I didn't get as much of an emotional pull from that scene that I expected to. I'm sure manga readers will say it was better in the source material, but I digress.

This show is starting to return to form with some real character interaction and fights with real stakes. It couldn't have come at a better time with just under half of the cour behind us now.
Jan 18, 2020 7:21 PM
Jun 2014
Escanor scene saved this episode.
Mar 24, 2020 8:31 PM

Feb 2013
Her powers are coming back, not good.
Apr 8, 2020 7:35 PM

Mar 2019
I liked seeing Diane go off like that. Her mental state was wacked though, too deep dawg.
Apr 9, 2020 9:55 AM

May 2018
Will Melascula ever die every time she gets killed? xD
Aug 16, 2020 2:08 PM

May 2020
Aye yooo Diane needs to chill out!

So what the hell was the point of Helbram sacrificing himself? It was Elizabeth who saved Diane.
Feb 27, 2021 9:23 AM

Mar 2019
finally a good chapter!!11:oooo it was becoming desperate the course of love the anime was taking, and I am the most romantic one!

May 27, 2021 4:07 PM
Oct 2019
i don't get the whole "diane's guilt is fueling the dead" part. diane didn't do anything to elizabeth. making her feel guilty is really contrived
Dec 2, 2021 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
Escanor made this episode watchable, he's just too great. Seems like Diane is not fit to be one of the seven deadly sins, getting brainwashed because of something like that. Pretty weak plot point.
May 7, 2022 1:04 AM
Sep 2020
Why do I have a feeling this Elizabeth is ok?

Cause for the sake of the plot that would make it easier
Nov 14, 2022 2:29 AM

Apr 2019
Nice, Elizabeth is back
Aug 24, 2023 3:19 PM
Apr 2023
Again the story was good with lackluster animation, but something just missed in this episode that made it feel boring. Probably the threats feeling non threatening or the fact that Helbram was brought up and immediately died but yeah, episode was egh.
Feb 26, 10:59 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to OGAnime
So we don’t have Ban’s scene where he goes berserk after hearing Melioda’s story? It was super important as it showed Ban’s fury and regret for having said that Meliodas couldn’t understand him.
@OGAnime
Oh damn, I really would have enjoyed that. Glad you commented this. At least I know his canon personality showed how sorry he was for saying what he did.

----------

What the fuck... I mean, why? Why write off Helbram like that? The girls literally came in to save Diane mere SECONDS after Helbram was ended. I just... King has already gone through enough sadness as it is, and at the very least, having the "good" version of Helbram in spirit form to be there with him was actually really nice. Amd now he's GONE!? Fucking asinine writing. Smh 🤦

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2020

90 by masons_anime78 »»
May 21, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

190 by aristotle002 »»
Apr 14, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

88 by Sodo2050 »»
Mar 13, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.