Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 20, 2019 8:34 AM

Oct 2017
lol Tobe sure is a wild one. Thou he seems to knw what he is doing so lets trust in his guidance.Well we finally got to knw the reason Carole was abandoned and gd to see that she finally met her father. That was a really heartwarming scene. Hope they meet again someday.
Jul 20, 2019 11:34 PM

May 2009
It was obvious that Dann is her father and it's good that didn't turn into overblown drama as usually happens in anime.
Jul 21, 2019 3:36 AM

Jan 2012
Anti-Agelast said:
Everyone and their mother already figured it out. Why bother wasting time and dancing around it?

If his character had been fleshed out and he'd had more screen time, he would have been a potential way to develop Carole's character as their relationship based on family ties differentiate from the ones Carole actually has and it would have required Carole to consider how she should handle the situation. This would have given an insight into a character who is still underdeveloped for a drama main protagonist.
Jul 21, 2019 8:25 AM

May 2017
Really like the vibes tobe brings to the show.

Dann's "reveal" was decently created but it just didn't hit as hard since the hints of him being the dad were way too obvious.
Jul 21, 2019 9:51 AM

Dec 2014
hmmm nice corle backstory...I am glad the father is actually a good person
Jul 21, 2019 1:20 PM

Feb 2015
They found the productor Tobe and he agreed to work with them. Angela met a computer programmer named Aaron. Carole had a small conflict in the laundry (fake parents), but Dann appeared and helped her (birthmark). Kyle (journalist) approached Tuesday in the street and left his contact details. Dahlia talked with Angela about an account named Black_Knight knowing too much about her life, Angela went with Tao and discovered that he has the technology to create a simulation of her voice and create new songs without her. Valerie is talking with her assistant about revoking the commercial agreement with planet Earth, it could cause chaos. Tobe invited Skip and two guys to help with the recording, they worked hard until Tobe was satisfied in take fifty-two, Tobe and Gus talked in a bar about producing an album. Carole encountered with Dann in the laundry again, this time Dann took his time to talk with her and explained that he’s from planet Earth, he had a baby with his wife, he was sentenced to jail, his wife left the baby in a church and died (wife), seventeen years later he was released on probation and looked for the girl following the tracks to Mars (Carole) and promised to return to Mars to see her again.

The story is just moving on. This guy, Dann, technically revealed he’s Carole’s father, but he needs to go back to Earth to finish his sentence. Maybe it’s me, but the scene when they recorded the song, Tuesday’s draw had lot of brightness, and she look too white, or maybe it was the light, but the other characters had normal brightness, well, I disliked that. I feel like Carole & Tuesday’s new song is gonna be awesome.
Jul 21, 2019 3:00 PM

Nov 2014
oh shit
seems like Angela's gonna be replaced by an AI singer, like Vocaloid! tragic, but cool!
The end is pretty sad. I really wish they can be together (and why are all the anime episodes this week so fucking sad!?? like Demon Slayer with the abused spider mom, Fruits Basket with the family issues, and now this!!)
it's hilarious how even the white guys are claiming to be Carole's parents lmao like WTF???
Jul 22, 2019 4:14 AM

Jun 2016
It was so ridiculously obvious that Dann was Carole's father, but it certainly didn't try to hide it and it finished covering it in two episodes. And, for a show this melodramatic and contrived(not in a bad way), I didn't think it would make me cry. But I was super crying during the last scene. This Carole and her parents plot line was well done. Seeing her dad spend time with her and see how wonderful she's grown up no matter how hard it was for her as he tried to spend time and talk with her, all while he felt undeserving of her forgiveness despite the circumstances not being his fault. And seeing Carole deal with the conflicted emotions she felt, not even hugging him, but gathering the courage to get one last farewell. All after Dann got the courage himself to tell her about who he is and explain himself. It was a beautiful sequence, especially the way it went from silence to music as the explanation became evident. So Dann was charged when he hurt someone in self defense and went to jail, he was only able to go out for a few days even now and wanted to see how she grew up. Her mother died and as she was dying she left Carole at a church. Neither were bad from the first reading of it, it was just unfortunate circumstances all around. At least they met now and that promise was made so if we get a time skip or if the series slowly progresses time a fair bit, he'll be coming out and maybe they'll finally hug that time! For this visit, to Dann, Carole was like snow.

With Tuesday, who was raised by a single Valerie to my knowledge also getting an older man with the same hair color as her and what I had thought at first were the same colored eyes, I thought we may get double secret dad action. I know no writer would do something so absurd but the idea of it made me chuckle and he's now linked with Carole as a dilemma of betraying her mother has been brought up! Her mother who's going to bring Mars into chaos lying to win the election.. He also seemed to know a lot about her and offered some advice but it could always be to get her on his side. Maybe he went to her ready to try and win her over.

I laughed so hard when Gus showed he never met Tobe before with "it must be him"! He's a real go getter. Better yet, with a similar Texan background both these feral older gentlemen had a blast together and got along right away. I love it already. Tobe is the sensei figure now, forcing them to take more than one take on a song with the plan to make it the shiniest shit in the world. Plus Tobe has connections with other legendary artists so this is a wonderful opportunity for the girls. For someone as angry as he is, he must have seen some real potential in the girls when he told them he'd produce for them if they reach that potential. I wonder if he had the axe anyways and swung it around at first to scare them.. hehe.

Angela had some notable sequences here too. It set up the Black_Knight stalker who I presume isn't Tao despite how he wears all black. We did see Katie who Angela still hasn't made up with sniffing her lipstick so maybe it's her?? Then there's the other stalker we know, Cybelle, who found our girls through instagram and is certainly a creepy stalker, she could have jumped targets. Further, it set up an AI bodyguard to keep Angela safe, as well as a threat of Tao leaving Angela behind when he makes a proper vocaloid out of her. Angela likes to prove herself with integrity, she may have an attitude and a sense of personal worth but she may just be simply trying to validate herself and someone rare like Tao who doesn't see her as anything special can be great for that. It may be why she's appeared to catch some feelings for him.
Jul 22, 2019 8:46 PM

May 2018
Next week: Half the population of mars are now Carole's parents
Jul 23, 2019 2:15 AM

Jul 2016
I knew from the start that Dann was Carole father, it was pretty obvious.
Dann telling her the truth was casual and emorional at the same time and I found it fitting, taking into account how Carole wasn't keen on meeting her parents. It was also nice that they didn't make her clueless. Carole is quite smart and it would be anticlimatic that way.

TheUnknownKnown said:
Calling it now: The "Black Knight" is an anonymous account owned by Cybelle who has broke from the jail and want to use Angela (and possibly her AI counterpart) to revenge.

The AI Angela started a smear campaign portraying Tao and herself as an innocent victim of music industry, blamed Carole, Tuesday and "any singers who has associated with her" for ruining music, and then put out a musical single that brainwashed the listeners to support herself and reject human singers.

The way that "Black Knight" person writes makes me think that it's not Cybelle. I think she would write like that only to Tuesday. My bet is on Angela's manager (she rubbed me the wrong way when they showed her looking at Angela's phone and then smelling her lipstick) or that guy she meet this episode.

I'm really interested about Tuesday later interactions with her mother and I'm also curious what that journalist with Junichi Suwabe voice is planning. It looks like he might cause a scandal about Valerie and Tuesday will have a hard time because of it.

Jul 23, 2019 8:03 PM

Jun 2015
oh well i definitely got it right that dann is carole's father, but the reason why he wasn't around was different than what i thought. not sure how they're tying in carole's mother and her immigrant campaign then. i'm glad the dad's a good guy though, for the most part.
angela's stalker though.. maybe her manager?
Jul 25, 2019 5:30 PM

Mar 2019
As I suspected, this series bears a strong, although suble, criticism on current political issues.

The second half of this first season (I hope there are more, regardless of how this one ends) is probably going to be less subtle about it.
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Jul 26, 2019 8:05 AM

Jul 2012
just wanna say i caught up in two days to this ep and AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW YESSSS this anime is blessed and so good!
Jul 31, 2019 4:01 PM

Oct 2013

r/gintama_pics

I was going to groan about how obvious Dann's relationship to Carole was, but since they introduced it and wrapped it up in a single episode I don't have much to complain about. It was handled well and the lost father trope worked here.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 1, 2019 4:05 PM

Nov 2016
I had to think of them

And yeah, the reveal doesn't have to surprise or anything, but it was handled well. Got pretty emotional towards the end. Great episode again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 3, 2019 10:48 AM

Dec 2016
So Carole's father was closer than she could probably have imagined. That was very touching story ;-;

Tobe is legendary! He's scarry as hell! X(

Nice episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 4, 2019 8:13 PM

Jul 2016
Man, I would have loved this episode if somehow, Tues ended up smoking some flowers from Tobe's garden xD

Anyways, interesting episode overall. I'm glad C&T managed to impress Tobe in the end. Not to mention that seeing Skip again sure was a quite pleasant surprise. I hope Crystal can make another appearance later on as well.

On the other hand, I started having an uneasy feeling regarding Angela, her unstable fan and this new guy Aaron who gives me the creeps, by the way. Maybe it's just me overthinking things but I really hope nothing bad happens to her in the future, especially with this "Black Knight" weirdo.

And regarding the sequence between Carole and Dann, I think it could have been executed in a better way but it was still an enough touching scene nevertheless.
Aug 12, 2019 5:30 PM

Nov 2018
I don't like this Tobe guy, he annoys me with how he says the same two words over and over.
One of the weaker episodes though the dad-daughter official reunion was very well-done.
Aug 21, 2019 2:43 PM

Jun 2011
That part where the two parents come in and say that they're Carole's parents reminds me of the episode in SpongeBob where Patrick had two sets of parents come over saying they're Patrick's parents.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Aug 21, 2019 7:41 PM

Dec 2016
Damnnn, feels bad man
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 9, 2019 11:13 AM

Dec 2015
Actually a really nice episode! Tobe was a really fun character, and it was fun seeing Skip and the band. I also really like Dann, who's probably Carole's father. Their connection is wholesome.

I gotta say, I really like the ending! Favorite Angela song so far~
Sep 18, 2019 4:07 PM

Feb 2012
I almost teared up at the scene where dann talk about his story and the reason why Carole was abondonned.
Pretty sure that the dark knight stalker is most likely the new char, the it genius.
Make sense if you think about it as he has informations about her no one should know but her and her mom/father

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Oct 19, 2019 11:50 AM

Aug 2017
So, Tao's gonna make a perfect robot replica of Angela lmao.

I think that Black Knight is Cybelle or maybe Angela's former manager idk.

Honestly, they could have dedicated 1 or 2 episodes in the first half to Carole's father. They wasted a good opportunity to develop Carole. New characters popping everywhere is not a good idea.

NurguburuOct 19, 2019 11:56 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 24, 2019 8:26 AM

Jul 2015
Who is cutting those onions (′︿‵。), pretty sad for both of them not being able to meet each other due to circumstances, well at least they meet after 17 years

I wonder what Dann was charged with

Dec 3, 2019 5:33 AM

Mar 2015
Had a feeling that Dann is her dad!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 6, 2020 5:50 PM

Apr 2013
Is no one going to comment on the audio setup?

I don't know about anyone else, but it pissed me off to the point where I couldn't focus on anything else. First, the guy gets his dog to carry his very sensitive $3000 Neumann U87 microphone with his teeth that can sustain significant damage just by dropping it, not to mention how much a pool of saliva is going to affect it.

That part I'm willing to forgive - I guess it's meant to be funny - but then the guy goes to a random room of his expensive-looking house in a bad neighbourhood and claps twice to test the acoustics as if he has never recorded anything here before, decides it's good enough and asks some guys to set up his microphone. Sure, okay. Maybe make a test recording to check that everything really is okay?

This is where shit gets painful to watch.

So they set up the microphone inside a shock mount on a boom stand, and they think they're done.

This confused the fuck out of me, because there is nothing connected to the bottom of the microphone's XLR input. What the hell are they recording the song to? Where is his interface? Where's the audio engineer making sure that all the levels are correct? Is the microphone even set to omnidirectional, because how else are they capturing the backing track, and isn't that shit normally captured using at least two separate mics - one figure-8 mic for the singers and one omnidirectional mic for the instruments?

Not to mention Toby sits there smoking over a dozen cigarettes in the singer's faces, and I'm sure they didn't inhale any of that and start coughing, not to mention the impact he's having on the recording himself by smoking. You'd be surprised what sensitive condenser microphones pick up, especially when they're set to omnidirectional. Literally everything.

I don't see how C&T can expect to fanservice people who know what a Neumann U87 microphone is and then completely fuck up every aspect of the recording process that anybody who has ever recorded themselves saying anything would have picked up on.
Feb 18, 2020 9:31 PM

May 2010
I thought Dan was done with serving time, why he is going back again?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 23, 2020 1:44 PM

Sep 2011
That new song was fiiiiiireeee. Smooth af!
Jul 23, 2020 2:52 PM

Apr 2013
I mean it was obvious enough he would be her father... but that was 1 classy way to reveal it without saying anything directly.

I like the way they handled this. Also though the new OP was forgetable I quite like the ED. Especially after seeing this episode haha.

Nov 18, 2022 9:23 PM

Oct 2022
52 takes omg they look like death. Poor Roddy, constantly getting dragged into things as if he doesn't have other things going on in his life lmao

Tobe with the deepest quotes out there...
Jan 16, 1:28 PM
Aug 2020
watched in fr dub / vo/ eng dub

and i won't lie, the en dub is better than what i was expecting

the episode was great but the father scene,wow
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 22, 8:37 AM

Feb 2019
Immediately thought Dan was Carole's father the first time I saw him interact with her. But dang, it still hits hard. And as expected, the situation forced her parents to abandon her at the church. Her mother even passed away. It wasn't just because of parental neglect. Heartbreaking. Hope we see him again.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

159 by Gorgos »»
Sep 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

115 by Kamirura »»
Aug 23, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

117 by MimiHamburger »»
Jun 30, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2019

111 by OtterBoy1 »»
Jun 9, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2019

212 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 28, 4:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.