Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 4, 2019 6:41 PM
Feb 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Eh, this is getting annoying to watch. It started out interesting but at this point I'm kinda annoyed by the developments.

*Hina walks in on Natsuo and Rui kissing
Natsuo : "It's not like that"
Me : "Are you sure about that?"

Natsuo is turning out to be like every other harem protagonist, specifically the more intolerable ones. I don't really like him, the girls are too good for him.

Engrish boy might be the best character of the show. xD

wait until you find out her attempts to rape rui later on basically
Mar 4, 2019 6:42 PM

May 2015
I saw potential in this series when it first started, but the way this turned out is just laughable. I can't help but just laugh every time Natsuo is in some dramatic scene.

To be honest, Natsuo kind of reminds me of Makoto from School Days. I hope he ends up with Hina, they are made for one another. They are both stupid as fuck.
Mar 4, 2019 8:40 PM
Mar 2015
Rui actually helped make Hina realize her feelngs
Mar 4, 2019 8:50 PM

Dec 2016
OMG!!
How can you control yourself if you see that face?
Rui <3
Mar 4, 2019 10:35 PM
Jun 2014
Hibiki07 said:
@gimlix @Crackersauce @rsc-pl @misterkafuuchino @Moussey @am1lls

Ok, I've done some research and this is it.
So basically:

Thank you for your effort. So he is trash. All I have to say.
When will we know the number of episodes? 13?26?
Mar 5, 2019 8:52 AM
Feb 2019
MH93 said:
OMG!!
How can you control yourself if you see that face?
Rui <3

Too much cuteness <3
Mar 5, 2019 10:17 AM
Jan 2016
So Hina needed to caught Natsuo and Rui kissing to realize her feelings for Natsuo!

Rui decided to speak with Hina, and it was intense, but Rui's point of view is totally right!

At the end the relationship between Hina and Natsuo had developed, because Natsuo knew that she loves him aswell!

But Natsuo please choose already one, he is so much indecise!

Rui is the best girl for you!
Mar 5, 2019 1:14 PM
Sep 2015
So glad to see all the butthurt in this thread. Thanks for the treat.
Mar 5, 2019 1:59 PM
Feb 2016
Moussey said:
Hibiki07 said:
@gimlix @Crackersauce @rsc-pl @misterkafuuchino @Moussey @am1lls

Ok, I've done some research and this is it.
So basically:

Thank you for your effort. So he is trash. All I have to say.
When will we know the number of episodes? 13?26?

only 12 and let's hope it stays that way
Mar 5, 2019 3:02 PM

Oct 2013
bakacheeto said:
doors are the villain lol , and windows also

This man knows what's up!
Mar 6, 2019 4:19 AM
Aug 2018
Full song of this ep ending was just released on not official channels in youtube:

https://youtu.be/cUEK5pvSWOs

Mar 6, 2019 5:54 AM

Aug 2017
This love triangle is so cringe to watch. This is one of the most hilarious anime from this season. I don't know why this show doesn't have the tag of comedy yet. So bad it's good.

Alex feels like a total perv. It wouldn't surprise me if something bad happens.
NurguburuMar 6, 2019 6:15 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 6, 2019 6:44 AM
Dec 2018
i wanna see more of Momo.
i know it won't happen but i really wish Natsuo and Momo would date i think shes a good character and a good person and deserves more than what she has gotten.
Mar 6, 2019 10:24 AM
Feb 2016
Nurguburu said:
This love triangle is so cringe to watch. This is one of the most hilarious anime from this season. I don't know why this show doesn't have the tag of comedy yet. So bad it's good.

Alex feels like a total perv. It wouldn't surprise me if something bad happens.

If you're looking for a good comedy romance harem this season, watch gotoubun instead or read the manga even. It's legit way better than this
Mar 6, 2019 2:50 PM
Nov 2015
I read the manga and this episode felt (and was) horribly overpaced.

Probably the worst so far.
Mar 8, 2019 5:40 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Those were some well-spoken English words, we don't see that often in Anime, but it's a welcomed surprised indeed.
Man the moment Hina walked on them while kissing I instantly got a blood rush like I never expected something out of the blue like that, and so intimate? Man, I kept on shouting “Ooooooohhh” repeatedly for some reason, I freaking love the drama and its intensity in this show. Spicy, just how I like them.
I can already foresee what might happen with Hina when she moves out, there will certainly be a lot of chance of her to sneak her lover in and have all the pleasure she desires without having somebody there to judge her, that's a wrong step to do girl. You better reconsider that.
I'm just going to take it as Hina was trying to tie herself back to her lover as a means to not get attached to Natsuo that much, basically, avoiding a bigger taboo by committing a lesser one. That seems like an inescapable curse.
One little side note, the music is crazy in this show.
Mar 15, 2019 6:41 AM

Mar 2014
This is getting more and more idiotic by each episode. Rui is the only one who knows what she's doing. Hina is being indecisive and she didn't mind confessing and getting hugged by the guy her sister likes. And Natsuo doesn't respect them at all, if he doesn't mind messing with both sisters. I wish he could just make up his mind, or like leave Rui alone and focus on Hina. It isn't that fucking hard to pick one and stop being a dick ffs

The only good thing about this episode is Alex, he seems like a good sport
Mar 15, 2019 1:06 PM

Dec 2015
Using the dead mom to cock-block your sister, low blow Hina.
Mar 23, 2019 9:07 PM

Aug 2016
Ugh, what an annoying love triangle. There's not much to like about this MC except his appearance.
Mar 31, 2019 1:02 AM

Aug 2017
I think this is an excellent show. Harem with the 2 step sisters works out perfectly as parents and in-laws are the same.
Apr 10, 2019 5:55 PM

Apr 2015
Hina busting in on Rui and Natsuo...

I CHIME IN WITH A "HAVEN'T YOU PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF CLOSING A GODDAMN DOOR?"
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 16, 2019 8:35 PM

Feb 2014
they don't know the meaning of "close the door"

also, dude... she was masturbating thinking in another guy now they come with "i can't hide my feeling anymore to the MC?" wtf...
Apr 20, 2019 12:49 AM

May 2010
Is every teacher in this show a pedophle?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 14, 2019 11:54 AM
Feb 2018
I felt the episode wasn't bad, but the pacing and the shit Natsuo was doing was annoying. First they leave the door wide open and when they kiss, of course they get caught! Then Hina runs away and sulks over the fact that they were kissing and its wrong since they are family, which results in drama. Then, a new character shows up just to add too the formula of adding pointless characters for the sake of adding drama. As soon as Natsuo brings up Alex wanting to go on a date with Rui, wanna guess what happens? Drama. Then at the festival, it should of been spanned over an entire episode to make it fit more properly but anyways, Hina and Natsuo talk privately about why she's moving out of their home, and of course... she has a hissy fit and bites his hand for the sake of adding drama. Natsuo was having a little development few episodes prior where him and Hina went into the ocean and basically said, "We can't be doing this, it's frowned upon to be having these feelings for one another since were family". Then it all comes crashing down when he starts kissing Rui, then going right for Hina and confessing his love for her. Natsuo can't make up his mind and that mature development I thought he had, had completely vanished. All the characters are walking contradictions. They are say they are against being together since they are family, but they all keep doing the same shit over and over again. No characters stand out as unique at all. The main character is literally just a guy looking for some tail. 3/5.
May 27, 2019 4:10 PM

Oct 2012
Aaaand, the most annoying character of this series just appeared... Really, if everyone is toned down to act at least close to what real life characters would do (well, except Lamant maybe), Alex is just your ordinary anime archetype and the worst one at it - as you'll see later, probably. He's completely out of place in this series.

And as for the rest of the episode... everything happened almost the same as in the manga but compared to it, there was complete lack of at least some emotions in almost every scene and neither Rui x Natsuo pr Hina x Natsuo chemistry really worked. The music design was bad (very silent episode) and for some reason, Rui's VA is just whispering her sentences, the direction was completely wrong. Such awesome developments... and I felt nothing.

The anime isn't still as bad as Fuuka as it's very close to the original but unlike it, I lack any excitement or enthusiasm for the work as if actors just coldly read their sentences and most of the developements just feels flat, bearing some disconnect between what's said and what's happenning on screen.

It's like they are reading the manga for us but forgot to translate it to cinematic medium. The manga is actually 100% better in terms of emotions.
Jun 30, 2019 4:36 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
OHHHH BOYYYYY !!!!! NATSUO GOT CAUGHT CHEATING TOO LMAO :DDD

LOL when the master grabbed hold of Hina

I thought the boy gave Hina a condom >,<<<<< !!!!

I'm ALL TEAM HINA THIS EPISODE WAS WONDERFULLLL !!!!!! :)))))
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 17, 2019 2:44 PM

Jan 2016
LMFAAOOO HE GOT CAUGHT KISSING RUI THAT SHITS FUCKING FUNNY.

Rui best girl anyways
Oct 21, 2019 4:11 PM
Jul 2018
I am against this! Let Rui and Natsuo be together!

Also too bad for Natsuo, if he had locked the door they would've gone for a second time.
Dec 10, 2019 10:54 AM

Feb 2019
Wow, talk about bad timing. Rui's unexpectedly much more forward with her feelings.

So Hina does have feelings for Natsuo. Wonder how it's all going to turn out.
Jan 5, 2020 3:07 AM

Aug 2018
I dunno, but I don’t think this is going to end well. They’re doing Rui a bit of a disservice, and Rui is wrapped all that tight.

And, they really need to invest in some door locks if they’re all going to be doing hanky-panky all the time.
Apr 5, 2020 11:16 PM

Sep 2018
Constantly face palming and cringing through these episodes right now. What a crappy and idiot MC lol... Very unlikable characters in general, though I do like Rui.

One of the best OPs I've heard in anime, doesn't really deserve this crap lol....
GakutoDeathGlareApr 5, 2020 11:19 PM
Jul 4, 2020 12:11 AM

Jun 2020
rui best girl††††††††††††

hina is so dramatic ugh just leave them beeeeeeeeeee

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 4, 2020 6:38 AM

Mar 2019
Ok so far I still like it. The ost kicked in at the best moment.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 6, 2020 8:06 PM

Sep 2016
Hina wants to live alone? Make sure you close the door when you leave, and never come back, lol.
bruh
Oct 28, 2020 9:47 AM

May 2018
So Hina really does love Natsuo haha. I bet they're gonna make out soon
Jul 4, 2021 8:11 PM

Aug 2014
that was shocking episode ;d and there are still 4 episodes left O.o

I dislike that they put black screen when the song was playing they could at least show matsuri or maybe some fireworks or at least the streets and people on festival.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jul 26, 2021 7:22 PM
Jul 2018
Okay, Hina caught them in act. That was rough. Oh also, I thought this kid is holding a condom :D
Aug 3, 2021 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
Stark700 said:
So Summer begins in this show. Typical.

Summer, ugh. How cliche. This show is a 3/10 now.
Lmao what the hell man. Well, after wasting 668+ days of your life on anime and seeing summer in anime over and over again, I would get sick of it too I suppose.

Confucius said:
Is every teacher in this show a pedophle?

LOL, so it's now pedophilia for a man in his 20's to be attracted to a 16-18 year old girl? The absolute state of western society. Puritan in some areas, and utterly degenerate in others. It makes no sense.

Relating to the episode, I just have to be honest. Hina is like what, 4 years older than Natsuo at most? And they're not related by blood. What is honestly the big deal with them going out?
Out of infidelity, homosexuality, and young teacher x student non-blood related "incest", the latter is definitely the least bad, yet out of the three things I listed, it is still the most taboo in modern society, while the former two are generally accepted if not outright celebrated.
Cheating on your loved one? It's 'bad' but everyone does it so oh well! And if you do have an issue with it, just get divorced. Because marriage isn't a lifelong commitment anymore.
Sodomizing another man and calling it love and flaunting about it like a flamboyant weirdo? That's A-OK, and you should have pride.
A young woman and young man who are genetically not related pair bonding? That's bad because... their parents are also pair bonding, and she teaches him English at school. Oh, the horror!
And in regards to Natsuo and Rui being together, they don't even have the teacher x student issue, and they are the exact same age. So that's even more stupid to be considered taboo.
So yeah it's not incest, idgaf what anyone says, and Hina or Rui should just tie the not with Natsuo already. Or better yet, Natsuo should man up and say "yeah I've loved Hina since before the marriage, so what?" To make it even better, although more unrealistic: the two should elope. Though that might hurt Natsuo's father's remarriage so maybe it's not so ideal after all.

Well, there's my rant. Other than that all I can say is, Natsuo is kind of retarded for kissing Rui but I guess if he had to do it, it was inevitable that someone would walk in. Japs seem to hate the idea of locks so there was nothing that could be done to prevent it. "It can't be helped!" as they say.

VengefulAura said:
First they leave the door wide open and when they kiss, of course they get caught!

Did they leave the door wide open? I didn't catch that. Lmfao, well in that case, yeah, they are absolute idiots.

Anyhow... Everyone in this thread seems to agree that this episode is where the show has turned bad. I still don't think it's 3/10 material yet; it's a solid 5/10 drama. Maybe even 6/10 if I'm to be subjective about it, as I'm enjoying it. Not great, not bad, but decent enough.
removed-userAug 3, 2021 2:11 PM
Aug 8, 2021 11:03 PM
Jul 2021
"But it's not like we're related by blood or anything."

If your blood ain't similar, you're free to get familiar.
Aug 16, 2021 9:42 PM
Aug 2021
AlucardNoYuuutsu said:
damn this is crazy
it is. It make me nervous to think how things will end. I can only think it will get worst, but still hoping for a happy ending.
Aug 20, 2021 9:54 AM

Sep 2015
Back off Alex! Rui is not for you! Only for Natsuo!

And I don't blame Rui for being angry, and shes lenient too, willing to listen Natsuo as well

And Natsuo may be family, but they AREN'T Blood related, SPOT ON RUI!! AS EXPECTED FROM THE BEST GIRL

NATSUO YOU IDIOT! Rui is the same age as you! Rui has helped you with things! Rui is reasonable with you! Why go with HINA?!She does not even talk it out!
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

May 22, 2022 4:23 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
And so everyone continues to forget to lock their doors before getting down to business. 900IQ play, just like the panty thief thing that happened in the first half. Not that I'm expecting anything at all from this script, but SURELY the panty thief ordeal is not something completely random and will SOMEHOW come into play later on.... right.... right??!!!

Also just a minor nitpick, but literally the second that they are left alone, Hina begins opening up to Natsuou. Normally you'd expect a moment or two of silence before the feelings start coming out; but no Hina begins laying it all out on the table the instant they are given some privacy. Not a big deal whatsoever, but it did feel a little off.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 26, 2022 11:20 AM

Jan 2010
Again, these characters really gotta learn how to lock their doors.
Nov 30, 2023 11:41 PM

Nov 2023
THEY GOT CAUGHT DOIG THE DEED
Jan 24, 10:04 AM
Nov 2022
Hina is the antagonist of this story 🚬.
Apr 13, 10:27 PM
Mar 2023
what the fuck is going on? who wrote this? who spent time in their life animating this? who voice acted this? who thought this was a good idea?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2019

207 by Kaybel_YT »»
Jun 5, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

263 by UTSANOMIKO »»
Jun 3, 11:24 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

155 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 18, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

141 by venbals »»
Apr 15, 6:47 PM

» It has a happy ending

removed-user - Mar 11

37 by Kwiatek280 »»
Apr 15, 3:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.