Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Altair: A Record of Battles
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2017 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not bad for Mahmut. For him to get through Tauro is no easy task yet he pulls it off.

Felt like more of a buildup episode again with the weird pacing.
Kinda nice to see neighboring countries getting more involved in the story though

I predict a big battle coming.
Nov 17, 2017 12:13 PM

Jun 2015
This was a fast paced episode. Mahmut was able to convince Carbajal to join the alliance. Carbajal is quite smart. Chielo hasn't been defeated for over 1,200 years. He almost got rid of the Empire army, but they had someone with strong senses to get half of the army out of the trap. General Pino is determined to put an end to Chielo's legend.
Nov 17, 2017 12:16 PM

Nov 2016
Was impressed by Chielos system and the kindness of it's leader,but damn do I got surprised when I saw the very same man cooking up and executing such a cunning plan without batting an eye.

Pretty good episode overall and I'm exited for the next one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 17, 2017 12:35 PM
Jan 2017
It's good episode but kinda dissapointed that they didn't include still showing the life of the nomadic Turks.

Nov 17, 2017 1:08 PM

Feb 2012
Damn man the war is coming, that dude at the end ready to lay siege.

Looking forward to the full on war.
Nov 17, 2017 2:16 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
About time that the Empire gets punched in the mouth.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 17, 2017 4:09 PM

Sep 2013
That oil fire wooden cage, wew.
Carbajal the director of Chielo taking in all the refugees and the empire not backing down.
Nov 17, 2017 6:17 PM

Feb 2016
I am expecting Halil Pasha dying at the war, while Mahmut has to lead the army while dirty tricks behind the battlefield at both side. While soldiers and commanders are fighting a bloody battle, Zaganos Pasha, Mahmut, the others and the assassin teams at Empire's side will come to guts to guts. It will become sad and bloody feast.
Nov 17, 2017 6:51 PM

Dec 2014
Chielo's leader is an interesting guy.
Nov 17, 2017 7:25 PM

Jan 2008
Sad that Halil Pasha is most likely going to die in this war. Mahmut will lose more people in his life especially since Halil is the one who took him in after he lost his mother. And from the title of the next episode, it looks like it's going to happen. :(
Nov 18, 2017 12:14 AM
Oct 2007
One hell of a pacing and transition cuts. How many chapter were adapted anybody knows?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2017 1:35 AM
Jul 2015
14 seconds in: I'm pretty sure that's Kimblee behind that old lady. I don't trust these cantar people.
I was actually expecting them to pull some b.s. where they were actually going to toros.
Chielo is a top tier strategic position, if they lose it they need to fire the guy in charge. Of course, so were the last 2 places the Empire took over. Took them like 20 minutes to conquer em.
Glad to see things are finally happening. I wonder if this will have a concrete ending.
Nov 18, 2017 5:19 AM

May 2014
The rush is real.
Really saddened by that.

Good episode but derpy art here and there and really fast pacing.

Didn't even feel it was this rushed in Ushio to Tora, what's with Mappa here?

Nov 18, 2017 8:06 AM

Jun 2008
Oh man, only five more episodes left? Wonder where they gonna adapt the story till
Nov 18, 2017 8:09 AM

Jan 2014
I haven't read the original source material, so I don't really notice it being "fast paced." It probably would have been better if this show was longer?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 18, 2017 10:08 AM

Aug 2013
Chielo's leader wanted to take down the entire invading force in one go. I like how calm he was about it.

Nov 18, 2017 6:20 PM
Jul 2017
Yep, pacing was a little off = POV switches a little too fast. The military tactical aspects of this weren't as well-developed as they could have been. Dramatic tension wasn't that well handled.

Still one of my favorite shows of the season. As a history fan, this is just a lot of fun.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Nov 18, 2017 8:55 PM

Oct 2015
Is it just me or did the quality just drop drastically. The show's quality wasn't even that high to begin with but this is just...
Nov 19, 2017 12:08 AM

May 2015
Carbajal is a cool leader. He's like Mahmut's jollier older brother.

A Giant Sark Yay....we bringing in cannons now? I know they want to prevent deaths but uhh...well we just set an army of imperial soldiers on fire...

Hehe, good strategy to sneak up on the convoy and steal their supplies. It's like Starcraft where you drop troops right on the enemy's mineral line.

Even with the Empire's army losing a significant number of troops, they still got plenty to challenge Chielo. So, how are the Pashas going to handle this disadvantage?

ZoroZoldyck said:
The rush is real.
Really saddened by that.

I think MAPPA realized that Shoukoku no Altair is a failure as an anime adaptation. Vol.1 of the anime sold really poorly (even less than Kakegurui). It didn't even rank upon release. I think MAPPA is just saying to themselves "No one cares about this anime. Let's just rush it and get it over with."
TarotistNov 19, 2017 12:11 AM
Nov 19, 2017 12:53 AM

Apr 2016
OttomanKebab said:
It's good episode but kinda dissapointed that they didn't include still showing the life of the nomadic Turks.

Is this gonna be full manga adoption ?
BRAWLERS
Nov 19, 2017 3:16 AM
Oct 2017
For those who have seen Arslan Senki:
Wtf is Daryun doing there ?
Nov 19, 2017 5:26 AM
Jan 2017
ForcedToDoThis said:
For those who have seen Arslan Senki:
Wtf is Daryun doing there ?

Spying the Rumeliana for Denka
Nov 19, 2017 5:30 AM
Jan 2017
Tarotist said:
Carbajal is a cool leader. He's like Mahmut's jollier older brother.

A Giant Sark Yay....we bringing in cannons now? I know they want to prevent deaths but uhh...well we just set an army of imperial soldiers on fire...

Hehe, good strategy to sneak up on the convoy and steal their supplies. It's like Starcraft where you drop troops right on the enemy's mineral line.

Even with the Empire's army losing a significant number of troops, they still got plenty to challenge Chielo. So, how are the Pashas going to handle this disadvantage?

ZoroZoldyck said:
The rush is real.
Really saddened by that.

I think MAPPA realized that Shoukoku no Altair is a failure as an anime adaptation. Vol.1 of the anime sold really poorly (even less than Kakegurui). It didn't even rank upon release. I think MAPPA is just saying to themselves "No one cares about this anime. Let's just rush it and get it over with."

I would never stop blame Furuhashi for that
He combined first chapters in wrong order, rushed things up, and worst of all he removed the light comedic elements.
Seriously though, read the manga after adaptation finishes, then you'll understand what i'm saying.
Nov 20, 2017 7:35 AM

May 2017
the trap looks pretty obvious if you don't consider how expensive that city was made but still that general pino was quite dumb if hadn't for that guy it's checkmate just like that

And damn, can't get enough of Blanca, she's hot af and her lips lol dafuq japan
Dec 2, 2017 6:27 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
That was SUPER EPIC WAR episode
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 4, 2017 6:43 PM

Mar 2013
I love each and every episode, but as usual with most adaptations, the anime is going over things a bit too fast. For anyone who enjoys this anime, I strongly suggest reading the manga from the start. You see a lot more of plannings and decision makings that total too much for an anime to cover.
Dec 10, 2017 4:26 AM

Jan 2016
Chielo's very lucky to have one such director of it's time. Really smart and kind, not hesitant to fight back if his citizen are in danger regardless of enemy. Everyone knows the pacing so I won't go machine gun mouth for now.

The bird cage trap was well thought of despite being a double-edge sword; work's once and fact that Johan Frentzen cleverly, my Spider sense is Tingling ability snuffed out 50/50 of their plan saving at least Two Balt-Rhein Standing Army corps to say the least.

Overall Rating: 4/5
DEUS VULT! Let's bring some gunpowder firearms

Feb 19, 2021 8:54 PM

Dec 2012
For such a seemingly happy-go-lucky, cheerful guy, Chielo's director sure has some ruthless tricks up his sleeve.
Dec 4, 2023 7:24 AM

Dec 2022
Man, that trap must have taken generations to plan and build... Cielo is such lucky that nobody accidentally knocked over a candle in the wooden city in the years before the invasion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2017

60 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 11, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2017

47 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 10, 2023 10:48 PM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2017

41 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

42 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 8, 2023 11:58 PM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

46 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 4, 2023 6:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.