Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 19, 2017 7:20 PM

Aug 2016
Anyone else getting a Blassreiter feel from this show? That's not a bad thing since I liked that show, but Vanishing Line seems to be an improvement in every way.
Oct 20, 2017 2:25 AM

Mar 2009
JizzyHitler said:
Really solid episode and I think the dynamic between rook and sword is going to be a great one going foreword. Rook is just badass but he has enough of a straight man routine with sword's bombastic personality and actions that it prevents him from being bland.

JohnTron said:
There's enough racial stereotypes in this episode to make an SJW die from exposure lol
What racial stereotypes were present at all in this episode, the portrayal of hardy and his girlfriend was totally respectable and didn't at all make their race reliant on their characters personalities at all, they just happened to be black. Same can be said for rook.

The only stereotype in the show is sword, and hes awesome cause of it.

Yeah. Quite refreshing, honestly. Legitimate black people in an anime. Happens every now and then, but it's rare.

Anyway, another fun episode. Certainly one of my favorite shows of the season. No idea how MAPPA's juggling so many shows, especially with the high production values here. Good stuff to them.
Oct 20, 2017 1:01 PM

Jun 2014
This show was fucking radical, I missed the good Garo, like season 1. New sniper guy is super cool, I love his voice actor as well.
:3
Oct 31, 2017 5:18 PM

May 2014
Another great ep. I love that their power differ from the usually Makai Knights we have seen in the previous seasons. Now, Luke's power lies in his sniper which he kills his enemy with. Makes him a long-range fighter. So he the quiet guy, huh. Next ep. it's gonna be the female knight which is gonna be good too. For now, I think this season will have a better story and developement than the previous one.

I wonder when and if those women in the Makai world are going to appear. Those that tells the knights were the horrors are. The three ladies. I think it's highly plausible that they appear since they have been in the two previous seasons.
Nov 1, 2017 10:05 AM

Nov 2014
So, it seems that becoming a Horror makes you really damn hungry, lol. Horrors who were athletic humans are particularly hard to combat since the demon in them—or whatever it is—amplifies their abilities. Luke has a cool gun. That was another good episode. Kudos to the racial heterogeneity. It's nice seeing different kinds of people being represented.

5/5
Nov 8, 2017 12:01 PM

Dec 2016
Another really solid episode! The over the top action of this show really makes it a fun watch
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 8, 2017 6:02 PM

Dec 2008
I'm going to marry Sword and have Luke as my side piece.
Nov 18, 2017 6:31 AM
Sep 2015
Sorry I've to dig this up but is no one gonna comment on this cake????
Nov 28, 2017 8:29 AM
May 2015
The bar/restaurant kinda reminds me of the one in DmC anime,lol. The waitresses in both series have rollerblades and stripes on their outfits.

Dec 4, 2018 12:46 AM

Mar 2018
mangalicker94 said:
Next ep. it's gonna be the female knight which is gonna be good too.

There are no female Makai Knights.
May 5, 2019 2:14 AM

Sep 2012
Mormegil said:
JizzyHitler said:
Really solid episode and I think the dynamic between rook and sword is going to be a great one going foreword. Rook is just badass but he has enough of a straight man routine with sword's bombastic personality and actions that it prevents him from being bland.

What racial stereotypes were present at all in this episode, the portrayal of hardy and his girlfriend was totally respectable and didn't at all make their race reliant on their characters personalities at all, they just happened to be black. Same can be said for rook.

The only stereotype in the show is sword, and hes awesome cause of it.

Yeah. Quite refreshing, honestly. Legitimate black people in an anime. Happens every now and then, but it's rare.

Anyway, another fun episode. Certainly one of my favorite shows of the season. No idea how MAPPA's juggling so many shows, especially with the high production values here. Good stuff to them.

sword is cracking me up often lol

at least 1type of entertainment SJW can't ruin cause Jap will never bend the knee to this Psychos
Jul 12, 2019 12:03 PM

Jul 2015
Luke seem like the cold and cool type of character, complete opposite of the main character

Pretty sad story of the olympian runner and his girl
They look a lot older than they looked before the accident, I wonder how much time has passed

May 15, 2022 6:41 AM
Apr 2014
Thought so after the first episode but the second really confirmed it.

The soundtrack is on fire! Really added to the action and elevated the choregraphy to the next level. Even in between the OST seems to be really well placed. Adds a lot to the animation.

All in all really solid. Just wish they wouldn't have used the shaky cam. It was already annoying when action movies started doing that fifteen years ago or so.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2017

35 by BaronLukis »»
Aug 10, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xeogran - Mar 23, 2018

55 by Hisoka2107 »»
Aug 16, 2023 2:11 PM

» Should i watch this or the 2014 series?

Kitsune_089 - Aug 7, 2021

4 by Max-OG »»
Jan 24, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2017

145 by Duck67 »»
Dec 1, 2022 5:01 AM

» Swords Armor

dragynfaerie - Jul 3, 2022

1 by Dd5 »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.