Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 30, 2017 1:11 PM

May 2012
Damn nice episode, especially that ending! Looking forwards to see what's next.
Oct 14, 2017 5:19 AM

Dec 2008
What a great episode, I love this Anime. It's good to see Deku show off a little to his class mates. Comedy was on point and the last scenes were sad and menacing.
Oct 28, 2017 2:22 PM

May 2010
We get a glimpse of the big bad guy, although all we see is a huge scar basically, lolz. Also some foreshadowing of All Might's possible death in the future, which I can honestly feel coming at some point, mentor often has to die for the sake of next generation :< Hopefully it won't happen anytime soon at least!
Nov 6, 2017 8:35 PM

Mar 2015
This episode reminds me of that good old TV series Heroes, where the most powerful superpower was the one to steal other superpowers!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 19, 2017 10:28 PM

Sep 2013
Good back story on the One for All power

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 6, 2017 3:52 PM
Jul 2016
Whats the music playing in background at 7:20
Jan 1, 2018 5:40 PM

Jul 2013
Wow that was quite something. So the episode began with Midoriya thanking Gran Torino for the intership, even if he didn't do to much. Interesting to hear that Gran Torino never was famous at all. I liked that conversation especially the end.

So back to daily routine with school. Bakugous didn't want to go back to normal form :D

That practical test was nice and everyone was surprised by Midoriya. Sad that he lost his foothold and fell off. Even All Might seemed to be surprised.

Of course Mineta found a hole in the wall and wanted to peep for the girls which backfired hard haha.

The second half was really serious talk between All Might and Midoriya. We finally got a lot more information about the origin of On for All and All Might biggest opponent All for One. I can't believe that he survived this. What in the hell was this between these two. All for Ones head looked like someone ripped the upper half off.

Damn All Mights words: "I won't be able to be by your side anymore...", that hit me hard. It's so sad, because I love him so much as a character ;_;

That face, priceless :D

Jan 2, 2018 10:01 PM

Jul 2014
Nice episode, mixed with seriousness and some nice humor.
Mineta as usual was hilarious
Jan 21, 2018 10:55 PM

May 2013
G_Spark233 said:

This face is magnificent!

LOOOLLLLLL, die hard fans are so scary xD They can mimic their idols down by the last detail lmfaaaoooo

"It is ironic that justice always comes from evil." --All Might''

Love that quote.

Gran Torino was right :( Deku's admiration for All Might stunts his growth and full potential, so he needs to let that go and think of becoming a hero that will surpass All Might in order to prevail, defeat evil, and become a stronger symbol of peace for the community v__v All Might needs to harden up and tell him that he's gonna die eventually-- which Deku should know already from the first season, wtf? -.- Or does he think All Might will still be alive when that time comes. Naive boy ;/ the stronger you get, the weaker All Might gets. That's the cold, hard truth. And I know it's difficult for All Might to look at his #1 fan and tell him flat out how it's going to be, but he needs to ;(

Oh wells. All in due time .-.

The backstory of One for All was great, though.
Feb 23, 2018 10:23 PM

Jan 2018
Enjoying the show so far but i gotta say, my absolute favorite thing about it are its openings. I absolutely adore them! This song by amazarashi is so beautiful and inspiring. I'm listening to it in my head as I write this, haha.
Apr 10, 2018 5:43 AM
Mar 2015
I just want to say this

Please don't let this be another
I kinda expected a fight at this point.
With the way deku keeps borrowing deku's moves or some sh*t!

If any manga reader could reassure me on this!

If hands-on-face fails at being the chosen leader, I wonder who would be his next pick, Lida or Bakugo? anyone really?
May 20, 2018 12:42 PM

May 2013
Can anyone tell the ost played when all might talk about nobu with deku. The guitar part was awesome.
May 21, 2018 11:28 AM
Aug 2014
So this enemy of All Might has been "ruling" over Japan for generations, but All Might beat him once and now it's already a fully functioning society again?

I probably misunderstood or something, because that doesn't make any sense.
Aug 12, 2018 2:28 AM

Jun 2013

Love seeing Bakugo’s classmates laughing at him, it proves they’re comfortable around him. Reminds me of the first season when they were in that bus or cable car (I forgot which one) and they made fun of him and he got salty about it.

Mineta getting all scared saying all women are demons lol I wonder what he did at Mt. Lady’s other than clean the place. I’m glad Iida-kun is back to normal, I love it when he’s such a class president and tells everyone to go back to their seats.

Bakujoe was like, “Deku will be last!” and there Deku just surprsies everyone with his improvement during his internship. I didn’t realize that he was copying Bakugo’s movements. BTW, All Might has them buttcheeks of steel.

OMG Mineta perving out and then getting stabbed in the eye with Earphone Jack’s quirk was perfect! Then, her getting depressed because Mineta didn’t mention her. Also, Momo looks gorgeous with her hair down.

I feel sorry for the younger brother that was forced by his older brother to take on a quirk. I can’t imagine All Might dying or disappearing but it might be the one event that will trigger Deku to become incredibly stronger.

臭い-
Sep 10, 2018 5:02 PM

Jun 2011
Lol, what is with Ochako and her intimidating over-seriousness to fighting?😂🥊 I love the character development in this, too bad few of the characters like Mineta and Bakugou don't change. They're unlikeable at this point.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Oct 24, 2018 4:13 AM

Apr 2013
Apparently Jack was depressed that Mineta did not want to peep on her? xD
Finally we hear the background story of One For All, pretty cool. So the big bad got defeated by the same power he gave away once, how ironic.
Feb 2, 2019 9:49 AM

May 2016
Mineta tried peeking through the Shawshank Peephole left by his compatriots but the girls weren't gonna have him get anything from that. She was the one who stopped Mineta but she was actually a bit jealous when there was no comment about her body from someone as observant as the Grapist.

All Might confirmed All for One's mark on history and the actual origins of One For All was revealed and they gave me chills throughout. The irony of the number one Quirk of justice coming from someone related to the purest evil imaginable is real but I guess that all light has to come from the darkness to shine.

The real truth about All Might thinking that he won't live long enough to see him fight the greatest evil in their generation was the most chilling and tragic moment in the episode.

Apr 9, 2019 9:49 PM
Jan 2019
lol assholes doubting Midoriya and saying how he should be breaking bones and stuff loooool. Poor Jero, gotta be a self-esteem killer to not have the perviest kid not say anything about you. Like that one Key and Peele skit with the slaves how they wanted to be sold even though it's a bad thing, she wanted that sense of being wanted even if it's not the good type of attention.

All Might must be dying, it's sad to know that Midoriya will have to say goodbye to his childhood hero. He even said "I'll do it as long as you're by my side" wow man, heavy. Maybe All Might can take down All For One by himself and Midoriya won't have to. Either way though, All Might will die eventually, it's inevitable. He is human after all.

Also, a big takeaway from this episode is that All For One is a stockpiling quirk, not just overall enhancement of bodily strengths. That means that Young Midoriya will no doubt be stronger than All Might, crazy thought. There is no way anyone will be able to compete with him, as strong as Class 1-A is, you just can't compete with someone stronger than All Might himself. I look forward to seeing Deku make those gains
Jun 16, 2019 5:44 PM

Jun 2013
I really feel bad that Deku, Shoto, and Tenya do not have recognition for their heroism. Shoto says Endeavor saves them instead of telling the truth.

I am so proud of Deku. He can now show off his new abilities. He has improved his powers.

So we have got to know the origin of "One For All."

Aug 13, 2019 4:37 AM

Dec 2013
Mineta pisses me off but he makes this episode quite funny bcs of his perversion lol. So we were able to know All for One and One for All. All Might said that he might not be able to stay in Deku's side in the future? What could happen?

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Nov 5, 2019 10:49 PM
Mar 2019
Kinda dumb that had to nerf bakugo by giving him a a gag instead of character development during internships for Deku to catch up lol
Dec 3, 2019 7:05 AM

Feb 2008
I really, really hate villains with this power set, especially if they're meant to be strategic geniuses at the heads of groups that they completely control. It just makes no sense whatsoever for them to ever lose once they've managed to steal a decent number of powers. Even if we assume he's got an upper limit on the number he can hold, there are enough OP quirks that he should be both immortal and invincible. If nothing else, he should have been able to steal All Might's power during their fight, especially if he was being backed up by a legion of super powered freaks specifically created for that purpose.

Also, why is he training a successor rather than looking for a quirk that would allow him to steal/create a new body? Even with as little as we know about him, that doesn't fit his character at all.
Feb 15, 2020 9:54 PM

Feb 2017
Gran Torino looked badly drawn this time for some reason.

May 30, 2020 8:35 AM

Mar 2019
Ah,All for One.He looks gross.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 20, 2020 12:27 PM

May 2015
One of my favourite things about MHA is the whole backstory and story about One for All Vs All For One. Its so cool and interesting. But thats interesting. I knew One for All was a quirk about passing on quirks but the stockpile quirk was the seperate one given to him. Interesting. God I love everything All For One and One for All related.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 3, 2020 12:21 PM
Sep 2020
Almight Will die Some time?!
Feb 11, 2021 12:11 AM
Jan 2021
All Might dont say that! please be with young midoriya.
Mar 1, 2021 10:09 AM

Oct 2020
The story was cool. So One for all is a hybrid quirk. It came from All for one. All for one is really a villain quirk and amazingly a villain has it. Weird that One for all was actually created from a quirkless person and later passed on to another quirkless person. Even now a quirkless kid has it. But I think Toshinori is hiding something. There is something more about One for all.

So now the summer camp starts. No one but Mineta is caring for the girls to pass the exam, XD!! And his discovery of the whole and getting attacked by Jirou was hilarious, haha XD!!! But the most funny part was when Jirou was upset because Mineta didn't said anything about her, XD!!!!! Poor Jirou!!!
May 4, 2021 2:12 AM

Jun 2020
RIP Kacchan’s side part hair & tight jeans lololllll

When All Might told Deku he could barely recognise him :’)

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 18, 2021 10:12 PM

Feb 2021
Yagibe_A-G said:
bailin10 said:
So, does the villain have One for All and All for One? Can someone answer me? If not, how can he pass quirks?

The villain only have All for One, and all the ones he stole.

All might also said during he speech that he can give some of his quirk to others, that is how he gave it to his small brother. But he don't have the exact One For All as All Might or Deku

Yeah I think the power changes a bit from holder to holder. Since they said that the user harnesses One for All and then passes on to others.

May 18, 2021 10:17 PM

Feb 2021
That cheeky bastard Mineta couldn't get any peek... *sigh*
The face Deku made was priceless XD
What?!? So the Villain is basically the one who made the line of One for All holders? A power made by the villain! Looks like All-Might will die after this season :(
Midoriya will have to face great challenges...

Aug 22, 2021 4:06 AM

Aug 2020
Well things just got intersting.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Sep 27, 2021 11:07 PM

Apr 2021
Man so that explains most of the things....All Might's Arc Nemesis is still on the loose and the brain of the league of villains huh :(
And what he said after Midoriya left kinda made me worry :(
Anyways next episode's the final exam's :)
Oct 27, 2021 8:19 AM

Jan 2021
They really did well with the opening scene in Shinso's fight. The eerie music, the look on his face and his quirk made the scene for me.
Dec 27, 2021 5:03 PM

Nov 2016
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

-

For obvious reasons, what stood out to me the most in this episode was the origin story of Deku's quirk, One For All. Everything else just seemed to go over my head for some reason, which is why this episode has a 4 star rating from me 😅 I might rewatch it another day, lol.

Something from this episode which caught my eye in particular was when All Might struggled to tell Deku one final detail about their quirk. The fact that he knew for certain that he wouldn't be alive to see Deku defeat All For One has me wondering if possessing the One For All quirk comes with a price, something similar to how titan shifters in Attack on Titan can only live for 13 years after they receive the power? Either One For All gives its users a shorter lifespan, or maybe All Might just knows he might pass on soon, due to his previous major injuries? Whatever the reason, it's clear that One For All is a much darker power than what we thought it was. I'm looking forward to seeing when this final detail may be revealed in the series, as well as the future events foreshadowed in this episode!
Jul 17, 2022 7:29 PM

Jun 2014
Deku now knows the truth about the origin of both One for All, and All for One.

But, will All Might really die? That's what All Might believes, at least.

Jan 3, 2023 2:00 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright, internship ended but the upcoming story seems to be more intriguing. The origin of OfA comes from the evil deed of AfO. Ironic indeed, but that's how the typical story always comes up with, at least to my understanding.

All Might really need to stop doting Deku like that...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 13, 2023 6:51 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Dec 15, 2023 1:57 AM

Nov 2023
Looks like they're back to doing academics
Feb 17, 11:02 PM

Jul 2008
All for One...that got serious.
Mar 27, 6:20 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to Djoelzer
Almight Will die Some time?!
@Djoelzer

Having just started watching I am assuming that the last stage of the transfer of power will be his death.
May 14, 12:40 PM
Dec 2023
"eat this" was my favorite part
May 27, 4:32 AM

Mar 2022
This was a great episode back to the main plot with this one. Bakugo getting laughed at by his classmates because of his new hairdo from Best Jean. XD I love how he starts off with that hairdo for this next episode and then it just goes back to his regular hairstyle that was brilliant. Looks like All for One is indeed All Might’s nemesis and from the sound of his history it seems pretty tragic, very X-men esque in it’s backstory there. My god I don’t want All Might to go especially when he said: “Young Midorya, I won’t always be there for you.” Man I had to feel sorry for the guy.

On one hand I learnt a lot in this episode but at the same time this was a rather sad episode just because of what All Might told Deku. Speaking of which, I really liked it when the other students were impressed with his training but he definitely has a lot more ways to go there but yeah he’s certainly improved there. Once again great episode, great episode there.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2017

207 by ToTheGyz »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

alpha_shadow - Apr 15, 2017

229 by ToTheGyz »»
Yesterday, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2017

209 by ToTheGyz »»
Yesterday, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2017

269 by ToTheGyz »»
Yesterday, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

175 by TheStarscream759 »»
Jun 7, 4:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.