Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2017 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah the race continued. I'm impressed at how intense they made this turn out to be from this episode. I mean, everyone is giving it their all especially between the rival bike clubs. Hell, even that bear is trying his best.

A close race to the end but imo, the competition was intense.
I think everyone did great.
Feb 24, 2017 7:58 AM

Apr 2010
So the won the race by just a bit.
And they are getting there for the club as well.
It was also nice to see Fuyune's sister she seems like a nice girl.
Feb 24, 2017 9:26 AM

Mar 2015
Oh hey look she won an expensive bike to the best team go the spoils for one person xD Atleast the club is safe for now and they can have fun doing more in the future together.
EbianFeb 24, 2017 9:31 AM
Feb 24, 2017 9:52 AM

Jan 2012
animefan8800 said:
It'd be funny if our missing blonde girl turned out to be the bear. XD

I'm sticking by my prediction from last week, that bear had some big tits in the preview for next week! XD Anywho, fuck yeah! Hiromi won! With the power of magical sakura petals and magical friendship bike pedals! XD And holy fuck...a talking pegasus was her prize! XD
animefan8800Feb 24, 2017 9:58 AM
Feb 24, 2017 10:03 AM

Apr 2014
was a great end to a great race, but now the bear person will be shown pretty sure it'll be the blonde girl even if by some chance it isnt she still better show up next ep cause we running out of eps!
"one step at a time"
Feb 24, 2017 10:26 AM

Dec 2014
Our race finally concludes.

Happy for Hiromi, she did her best with the help of her friends. :)
The Pegasus segment was pretty unusual. xD
Looks she got her favorite bike as a prize. :D

Bear is probably our next member. :3
Feb 24, 2017 12:50 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Yeah, the bear IS the next member

Feb 24, 2017 2:26 PM

Oct 2012
Magic and unicorns, yeah, I'm glad the race event is over it was such a drag.

Anyway, the second part of the episode where things returned to usual slice-of-life stuff was kinda good. I guess that only proves my point that this series would be a lot better with more slice-of-life stuff and with only casual riding around the countryside...
Let's hope there is no second such arc coming in the remaining episodes of this anime.

animefan8800 said:
animefan8800 said:

I'm sticking by my prediction from last week, that bear had some big tits in the preview for next week! XD

Yeah, I guess it's pretty much given by now. Although there is scene with train in the op where Sandy and Kuma BOTH stands alongside others but I guess that could be just to confuse viewers.
Feb 24, 2017 4:25 PM

Oct 2013
Kuma-chan pretty much has to be the blonde grill, but that means the opening credits make no sense, not that it's not the first time opening credits have not made sense.

I liked the race sequences. Kept things very intense. Hiromi wins it for the team by a hair and avenges herself on Azuma.

When I first saw the prize Hiromi won I thought, "Why is Grandma giving her a toy horse?" until I understood she was hallucinating over the bike frame. That's some powerful LSD you've been taking Hiromi! Don't let your mom borrow your eye drops. Anyway, the Pegasus dream sequence was pretty cool. When she fell from the Pegasus I expected her to wake up having fainted in front of everyone, but she must have been in a waking dream for several minutes at least. How did she change into her swim suit?

The latter half was also very good with Fuyune's sis and Natsumi in the hospital, and the two "someone must be talking about me" sneezes.
Feb 24, 2017 5:15 PM
Jun 2015
I like how the credits just put bear san's VA as ????

This should be interesting next week.
Feb 24, 2017 5:17 PM

Dec 2016
So despite spending thousands of dollars on top notch bikes, they almost get rekt by a kid in a Bear Costume, and the lone swim Captain on a Moma bike...And that my friends is why this show will never be as big as Yowamushi Pedal or Long Riders.

Seriously why is the swim team Captain wasting her time swimming and is not on a bike? Give her a decent bike, and she could give Onoda from YP a run for his money!
Feb 24, 2017 8:26 PM
Jun 2015
i'm just glad that there's actually racing and it's at least semi realistic looking at their speeds of 26km/h this being the girls that only practiced one day from never biking. But even that was stretching it on road bikes. 10km for typical cyclists can maintain that easily without breaking a sweat but for others that never rode before it can really be a challenge. if those upper years sports teams where not on mommy bikes the race would have been over and the end of the anime ;)
Feb 24, 2017 9:01 PM

Dec 2016
Hooray they did it.

I thought I was listening to a South American football commentator because of the long "Goal"

More Mr.Bear next episode. I wonder if we will get to see who he/she actually is.
Feb 24, 2017 9:32 PM

Apr 2011
That was intense. Especially when that girl from the Swim club was closing in on Hiromi on the last lap. If Azuma won, I'd be piss. I just don't like her. Thankfully she lost and Hiromi won.

That Mr.Bear sure is mysterious. Nice that it won a special award.
Feb 25, 2017 3:47 AM

Nov 2013
Cbr_Star said:
So despite spending thousands of dollars on top notch bikes, they almost get rekt by a kid in a Bear Costume, and the lone swim Captain on a Moma bike...And that my friends is why this show will never be as big as Yowamushi Pedal or Long Riders.

Seriously why is the swim team Captain wasting her time swimming and is not on a bike? Give her a decent bike, and she could give Onoda from YP a run for his money!

well the swimmer girl has an injury on the knee or something, i'm suprised she can still do races for this long lol
but ya this anime is kinda bad compared to long riders
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Feb 25, 2017 6:49 AM

Nov 2011
The entire episode I liked the final part, where you meet Natsumi and sister Fuyune, perhaps because it was unexpected that part of the narrative, and the end of the race, when Hiromi wins by a hair; even there surprised me the episode, I thought that almost won the senpai, taking advantage of the bear's trail. Speaking about the bear, I wonder how can a person do to run so much a costume on him and finish the race, is a hero! Maybe now I understand a few choices of opening, but should not show the frame right now, but keep it well hidden to make us a surprise in the next episode. Oh well!

animefan8800 said:
animefan8800 said:

I'm sticking by my prediction from last week, that bear had some big tits in the preview for next week! XD Anywho, fuck yeah! Hiromi won! With the power of magical sakura petals and magical friendship bike pedals! XD And holy fuck...a talking pegasus was her prize! XD

Your theory would be correct if the opening is not shown Sandy along with the other girls and the bear on the tram. However, it could also be because in the end, you can imagine from the bow that is a student of the first year of high school.

P.S. Cute end-card.
Feb 25, 2017 6:51 AM

Jan 2012
terrablu2003 said:
The entire episode I liked the final part, where you meet Natsumi and sister Fuyune, perhaps because it was unexpected that part of the narrative, and the end of the race, when Hiromi wins by a hair; even there surprised me the episode, I thought that almost won the senpai, taking advantage of the bear's trail. Speaking about the bear, I wonder how can a person do to run so much a costume on him and finish the race, is a hero! Maybe now I understand a few choices of opening, but should not show the frame right now, but keep it well hidden to make us a surprise in the next episode. Oh well!

animefan8800 said:

Your theory would be correct if the opening is not shown Sandy along with the other girls and the bear on the tram. However, it could also be because in the end, you can imagine from the bow that is a student of the first year of high school.

P.S. Cute end-card.

Opening be damned I'm stickin' to my guns! XD
Feb 25, 2017 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
animefan8800 said:
terrablu2003 said:

P.S. Cute end-card.

Opening be damned I'm stickin' to my guns! XD

In some ways, the opening, was not immediately show all the characters, in the end, the surprise to discover them would have been greater, so instead, we are waiting for Sandy to a life, how sad! However, if under clothing from Bear, she was not there, it would be quite a coup, but eventually should explain well how does one join the club. In short, it is quite complicated. XD
Feb 25, 2017 10:03 AM

Sep 2013
GOOOAAAAL nice soocer match, Kuma loses steam and Hiromi beats the swim club captain this time and gets a bike frame that she sees as a pegasus cause she's so tired.
That flying hallucination/dream was cool and fuyune's sister talking to natsume.

Feb 25, 2017 4:35 PM

Oct 2011
Wouldn't it be nice to get series where main girl already knows a lot about bikes, has no hallucinations and such? Because it's something that Long Riders did too and it was also bad.

Race part was nice, maybe should be shorter. Swim team Captain might be best character in this series (Natsumi and Fuyune are fine too).
Feb 26, 2017 8:57 AM
May 2016
Gak! That scene with the flying horses made my teeth ache. If I wanted to watch a magic girl anime I'd watch a magic girl anime, not a show about cycling!
Feb 27, 2017 1:14 AM

May 2016
She won through the power of friendship and then there were flying horses because of course.

Three episodes for that race was too long, looking forward to more of Mr Bear next time.
Feb 27, 2017 6:37 PM

Jul 2015
They finally finished the race, and now I know what a tournament arc would look like in a bicycle anime. This was pretty freaking good, and more intense and enjoyable then I imagined it would be. And yeah, Mr. Bear is probably the blonde girl, at least I think so since the bear is getting more time next episode and were 8 episodes in now and she still hasn't showed up.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 27, 2017 9:50 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The Bear ended up losing lol
But great effort for giving the Bicycle a good battle. The air thing seemed so unnatural, like I find it hard to believe that leading the pack has that much wind being created.
The reward was pretty hilarious although it would have better if the winner received a free bike but that's just me.
Overall the episode was enjoyable.

Mar 1, 2017 10:38 AM
Mar 2012
u win my little pony! Dream scenery was nice, Enoshima & all.
Kuma faces were funny. Bit long but race ended well.
kancolle cosplay
Sister talk was nice.
Mar 3, 2017 10:40 PM

Oct 2008
Maiharu win the race and Kuma-san is only 3rd because the girl frm the swim club used kuma as a shield for the win and passed kuma seconds before the finish line.
3/5.

Mar 14, 2017 9:05 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
How? Impossible this girl win...the best was "Mr. Bear", because she rides a bicycle withou gears also the Bear Cosplay in a hot night of spring.... i don´t can how "Mr. Bear" no win ; _ ;
Fixed! Fixed! Fixeddd!!!
Apr 22, 2017 9:51 PM
Apr 2013
Does anyone recognise the VA for the Pegasus and know where they're from? I'm 100% sure i recognise them, just don't know where from
Jun 5, 2017 6:26 AM

Mar 2015
Lel there were lots of people sneezing and accusing others of talking about them!

Somehow Maiharu wins. Gotta love the power of friendship1!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 2, 2019 6:54 AM
Mar 2019
animefan8800 said:
animefan8800 said:

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.30457,139.5139317,3a,58.6y,344.26h,90.15t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1suzcVpIDdljUnVMY8yar9vA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
aniemotionMar 2, 2019 6:59 AM
Dec 26, 2020 3:20 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well it was definitely a good job from them... gg I guess xD
Apr 23, 2021 12:13 AM

Feb 2020
That was a very intense race. Congratulations, girls! You did it! Hiromi did a very good job at the end.

That Pegasus dream segment was pretty odd, lol.

SerafosJan 1, 11:15 PM
Nov 4, 2021 1:29 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, Hiromi sure sniffed a big one with the Pegasus hallucination and the fact that she practically daydreamed for half a day.
Aug 22, 2023 11:27 PM

Dec 2012
A bit surprised 3 episodes were spent on this race, but it turned out to be a nice treat (especially since night riding is my favorite). That bear really went to town though. I wonder if it'll turn out to be the blonde girl from the OP.

Hiromi's fantasy dream reminded me of the Red Whirlwind from Romeo x Juliet. Looking forward to seeing her dream bike complete!

On the note of prizes, this series keeps delivering quality end-cards. I've been saving every episode's which I almost never do for other anime.
ZekkenshinAug 22, 2023 11:30 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

36 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 24, 2023 6:02 PM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

39 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 23, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

38 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 22, 2023 10:19 AM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

47 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 21, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

88 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 21, 2023 5:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.