Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2016 4:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah I just love this show when the girls work together as a team. Surely they make up for their bad start. Ami's fighting spirit came back as well this episode. Way to go girl!

"Completed full distance!"
Grats to her!
Dec 24, 2016 5:23 AM

Apr 2010
So they finished the run just in time which was nice to see.
Amy helping out her little sister was also a nice thing she learned a few things from her sport which is great.
Dec 24, 2016 7:50 AM

Jan 2015
Totally useful coincidence, it is. Ami just barely learn about this "Slipstream" thing, right before another uphill and storm she'll encounter. And her clock, I wonder if it related with her team name. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 24, 2016 7:54 AM

Jan 2012
Oh thank Christ they actually finished in time. None of that moral victory bs. Well done Team Fortuna. Ami deserves all her Onee-chan points. XD

And now the long wait until February. Really enjoyed this series to this point so these production delays are especially unfortunate. :(
Dec 24, 2016 8:11 AM

Dec 2014
This episode actually kinda felt like a finale with them finishing the race and stuff even though it's not, Great episode nonetheless.

So glad they finished on time, The way the team pulled Ami along with the drafting reminded me a lot of Yowamushi Pedal, That's a good thing cause it's airing next season and I am even more hyped for it. XD

The little speech on the podium was very nice, Congratulations to Team Fortuna. Group Photo was adorable. <3

Loved the Ami and Emi moments in the second half, Looks like Emi seems to be interested in cycling now. Would love to see her join the team as well.
Ami acting like an older sister now, Fixing tires and stuff. :3

So begins the wait till February.
Dec 24, 2016 8:59 AM

Aug 2015
Congrats Team Fortuna, Ami really improved a lot.

Now the waiting game starts.
Dec 24, 2016 9:45 AM

Dec 2014
So for the final episode we'll get this year. And a rather soothing bike ride to close things off. Kind of fitting in a way.

Now to put this on my On-Hold for a month and a few days.
Dec 24, 2016 10:32 AM

Apr 2011
How many times Ami pretty much gave up in finishing but her team didn't gave up on her. That was great teamwork. Team Fortuna finishes its first event. Congrats to them.

Emi looks to be interested in cycling. I hope she joins. Its fun.

Its gonna be a long wait for the last two episodes. Gonna put this on-hold as well.
Dec 24, 2016 10:39 AM

Nov 2016
Nice work by Hinako, Yayoi, Aoi, and Saki with that paceline. And, yes to Ami having trouble just moving her legs in the aftermath (been there - done that).

Yes, this ep' does feel like the end of the season. Guess that'll make 11 and 12 feel like bonus ep's 6 weeks from now.
Almost older than dirt
Dec 24, 2016 12:28 PM

Oct 2012
Maybe I'll up the score for this a bit, this last two episodes looked good actually. And when it started to get good we have to wait until February :(.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Dec 24, 2016 1:31 PM

Dec 2016
YES! I am so happy for Ami and Team Pandora. It would have been so devastating if they didn't make it after putting in all that effort.

Looks like Emi wants to be a part of it all, I wouldn't mind her riding with them all. The more the merrier, plus the teammates are just great people to be around with.
Dec 24, 2016 4:14 PM

Oct 2013
Ami learns the life lesson that what seems impossible for an individual to accomplish can be attained through teamwork. It was adorable when Ami falls asleep at the dinner table and Saki (Chowhound-chan) finishes her food.

I really felt for Ami when she struggled to climb the stairs. Years ago I had a car that broke down about 30km from my home. I ended up walking through the night out in the country with almost no street lights. I tried hitch hiking, but I was ticketed by a deputy sheriff that left me on the side of the road to continue walking. By the time I reached home I was staggering up to my room and could hardly walk the next day.

Maybe Emi will follow Ami into cycling after the tire incident.
Dec 25, 2016 4:22 AM

Nov 2011
This episode is less exciting than the last, from the feeling of being the watershed between the old and the new Ami, and the charge for those who want to achieve a goal, and committing themselves to the maximum. Narration pleasant to follow, for sin always so mediocre designs. Catchy as always the OST, I love the ending. <3
Who knows, if they will make a sequel.
Dec 25, 2016 8:34 AM

Oct 2008
Ami finally finished the 160km Alps Azumino Autumn Ride!
The windbreak "Slipstream" I've already learned that from Yowamushi Pedal series...
Ami thought they didn't reached the time limit but it's actually that her timer is just broken! That accomplishment of Ami is a milestone for her and she's so exhausted that she slept while eating. And her whole body again is in a lot of pain.
Ami knows how to fix a flattened bike tire.
4/5.

Dec 25, 2016 1:13 PM

Jun 2013
so they won just in the nick of time and now begins the long wait for the last couple of episodes
Dec 26, 2016 12:39 AM
Apr 2014
Theres an animation error at 3:31, hinako just stopped being animated and froze in place (hair no longer blowing in the wind, no peddle movement while ami was)
Dec 26, 2016 3:29 AM

Jul 2015
YA DONE GOOFED AND ATE TOO MUCH. I remember seeing that in Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, Slipstreams are pretty cool. I've been thinking this for a while now but my GOD AMI WHINES A LOT, but whatever, I'm used to it by this point. Aftermath was also quite enjoyable, and this episode made me feel happy.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 26, 2016 10:22 AM

Feb 2008
Even with 2 episodes left to come in February, this episode felt like a final episodes in how it was presented. Production issues aside, this has become one of my favorite shows this season.
Dec 27, 2016 9:19 PM

Jan 2013
this could've worked as a final episode instead of holding out two months for the last 2.
Dec 27, 2016 10:34 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Aww. This was actually a nice episode. I can only imagine the next two episodes going downhill though since I can't even imagine what could possibly come after this being handled well enough. I guess I'm just being a Negative Nico though.;;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Dec 28, 2016 11:17 PM

Dec 2014
This is actually the worst produced show I've seen yet. I feel bad for the people that had to work on it.
Dec 31, 2016 1:21 AM

Dec 2012
I really liked this episode, it was one of the best. So sad that they delayed the two last episodes ... Why ?!
This episode could have been the last with the summary of Ami's progresses and the new vision of he sister on her.
Great episode.
Jan 9, 2017 10:13 AM

Sep 2013
Brief storm delays them but everyone pulling ami let's them make it in the nick of time :)
Ami has become more dependable thanks to biking.

Those necks thou XD
Jan 10, 2017 6:26 PM

Oct 2016
This anime is very relaxing, I like it a lot. I wait for the last chapter soon

Jan 16, 2017 9:23 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The slip streaming was pretty cool. Reminded me of Gran Turismo 4's mission 23. Ami's got such great friends who helped her out but most of all defined teamwork.

Sleeping Ami = kawaii.
She looked adorable when she fell asleep at dinner, and nice catch by Saki lol.

Would have been cool if they finished the race under the rain. One moment it is thundering and the next it is sunny. Other than that it was a great episode. Ami finally completed her first big race. She came a long way and improved quite a lot, she even knows how to fix a tire.

Jan 26, 2017 6:08 PM
Jan 2017
First time you cross the finish line of a long ride or race is always a triumphant one - brought back some good memories of rides with my family seeing Ami get across the line just in time
Feb 7, 2017 5:30 AM

Mar 2015
Yay they crossed the line after all! Must feel great to have come so far
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 7, 2017 5:49 AM

Jun 2008
Mascera said:
Totally useful coincidence, it is. Ami just barely learn about this "Slipstream" thing, right before another uphill and storm she'll encounter. And her clock, I wonder if it related with her team name. LOL
I didn't know this was a draft-legal event. LOL
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Feb 15, 2017 7:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
another nice episode!!!!

Yes, they do it!!! arrives on time!!! All happies and nice supper mi friends!!!! xD

Is rare, this anime series is better with ever episode i can watch, the usually is the contrary to, ever episode worst kekeke
Dec 23, 2020 4:23 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
She really started to cry because of her watch, but no... they did it xD it was nice to see them happy after what they accomplished, good job
Mar 13, 2021 10:30 PM

Jan 2021
I'm not sure how they were able to finish on time, tbh. The calculation was 9 km remaining with 35 minutes before the race ends and they were going max speed at 10 km/h, but suddenly they still made it just in time? Should've at least offered an explanation how they boosted 25 minutes out of nowhere. But more importantly, I disliked how Ami kept blaming herself for nearly failing. Not only did she get held back at the start of the race (not her fault), but her "team" kept forcing her to stop and eat 20 dinners along the way at every gas station and aide station they came across. I would've liked to see the other members take some responsibility for that because that was the main reason why they fell to last place and were in such a rush to finish. Ami was even willing to skip the rest stops to make up time early on but Saki more or less forced her to stop and eat more. Didn't really care for the 160 km arc they had building up to as much as I'd hoped I would for those reasons. It felt less like they were working as a team and more like there was a concerted effort to sabotage Ami. She wouldn't have had to work nearly as hard if the experienced members had planned out their pace better.

Furthermore, and this is more a comment on last episode, but when she did get held back everyone else just ditched her and told her to catch up. Even her best friend who knew better than to leave her alone since it's her first time in such a big event didn't offer to stay behind as well so they could catch up together. Then in this episode they pull the "let's finish as a team" speech? Again, didn't seem like they were working as a team for most of this race. If I was Ami I'd have been pretty angry.
Shrimp_TailMar 13, 2021 10:42 PM
Mar 21, 2021 3:44 PM
Dec 2017
Shrimp_Tail said:
I'm not sure how they were able to finish on time, tbh. The calculation was 9 km remaining with 35 minutes before the race ends and they were going max speed at 10 km/h, but suddenly they still made it just in time? Should've at least offered an explanation how they boosted 25 minutes out of nowhere. But more importantly, I disliked how Ami kept blaming herself for nearly failing. Not only did she get held back at the start of the race (not her fault), but her "team" kept forcing her to stop and eat 20 dinners along the way at every gas station and aide station they came across. I would've liked to see the other members take some responsibility for that because that was the main reason why they fell to last place and were in such a rush to finish. Ami was even willing to skip the rest stops to make up time early on but Saki more or less forced her to stop and eat more. Didn't really care for the 160 km arc they had building up to as much as I'd hoped I would for those reasons. It felt less like they were working as a team and more like there was a concerted effort to sabotage Ami. She wouldn't have had to work nearly as hard if the experienced members had planned out their pace better.

Furthermore, and this is more a comment on last episode, but when she did get held back everyone else just ditched her and told her to catch up. Even her best friend who knew better than to leave her alone since it's her first time in such a big event didn't offer to stay behind as well so they could catch up together. Then in this episode they pull the "let's finish as a team" speech? Again, didn't seem like they were working as a team for most of this race. If I was Ami I'd have been pretty angry.

They were stopping at as many places as possible since they knew Ami doesn't have the endurance and would push herself too hard for too long, without resting and eating and fall apart like she did in the early episodes! Even professional road cyclists sometimes make the mistake of forgetting to eat and drink regularly during the race (they do it while on the go) and lose or even unable to finish due to lack of energy.

Furthermore, you have to appreciate the effort the other 4 girls put in to pull Ami through their "road train" on the return trip. They did 30sec rotations because it's that hard to be at the front and cutting the wind at top speed. (Though it seems they only did one full rotatation and as soon as Saki with her huge power reserves got to the front again she never relinquished the lead.) Anyhow, Ami was at the very rear all the time, constantly saving her at least 30% of pedalling effort, which is a huge benefit in cycling.

As to how they could finish on time: when the rainstorm passed the headwind stopped and having reached top of the climb they could do 30km/h or more again. In a car you just press the accelerator harder and keep up the speed even on climbs or when going against the wind, but in cycling a well-trained amateur can sustain only about 150 watts for longer periods, a pro road racer maybe 400W. No wonder they slow to literal walking pace on steeper climbs or when there is a headwind.
Tacsk0Mar 21, 2021 3:59 PM
Mar 30, 2021 12:55 PM

Feb 2020
Great job, girls! What an excellent perfomance from Team Fortuna! I'm especially proud of Mai. :)
Oct 31, 2021 6:44 AM

Sep 2018
An episode that wants to create a bit of suspense, just so as not to be monotonous on the narrative level of the atmospheres seen so far, but it is a flash in the pan that soon goes out, bringing back, in some ways, a light-hearted context hitherto seen in almost all episode, which is what they like about this anime; in fact the co-stars do not make a turn, remaining impassive and taking the situation with a lot of nonchalance. Episode ironed again on the world of cycling, showing something that perhaps someone who is new to cycling does not know. The protagonist matures while remaining faithful to her defects, that is to be too complaining and not very proactive in her eyes, which is not true and is shown to us in the finale, when with a gimmick the narrative proves quite the opposite.
Apr 7, 2022 3:58 AM

Dec 2020
So many janky animations and frames in this episode. I usually don't pay much attention to that stuff, but I couldn't ignore it since it was so obvious.
Sep 1, 2022 5:12 AM

Feb 2020
This rainbow scene was beautiful.

They made it in the nick of time. Great job, girls! I'm so happy for Ami. ^^

Congratulations, Team Fortuna!

Ami has learned how to fix a flat tire. And Emi seems to be interested in cycling. That's nice.

SerafosMay 17, 1:36 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

69 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 15, 2023 2:35 PM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

34 by Serafos »»
Sep 1, 2022 3:27 PM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

28 by Serafos »»
Aug 31, 2022 9:09 AM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

30 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2022 5:10 AM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

39 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2022 2:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.