Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2016 4:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol I can't keep my eyes off of that fluffy little animal on the girl's head this episode.

Plenty of info dump this episode about bikes, parts, and tools. Ami is so proud to have her Fortuna uniform. She looks good in it!
Dec 3, 2016 5:40 AM

Apr 2010
The outfits are done and after hearing Saki's story i have to say that the name Fortuna really applies to her.
Anyway it was funny to see Ami's reactions, this was also the first time we saw her mother and she seems like a nice woman.
Dec 3, 2016 6:22 AM

Feb 2008
I'm glad to see this series start to hit it's stride. Enjoyable episode for a good SOL anime.
Dec 3, 2016 7:31 AM

Jan 2012
Geez, who knew bike maintenance was so pricey? Lookin' good in those jerseys girls! Well done Ami. ;)
Dec 3, 2016 7:42 AM

Jun 2013
animefan8800 said:
Geez, who knew bike maintenance was so pricey? Lookin' good in those jerseys girls! Well done Ami. ;)

It's totally pricey. Even the parts were pricey LOL

That's good about cycling. It's not just an exercise but you can go explore some places you've never been to and enjoy the beautiful scenery around it then after the destination, you and your team will be eating delicious meal while talking about your ride. Love this episode today. First time to see Ami-chan's mom LOL
Kitan~!
Dec 3, 2016 7:49 AM

Jan 2012
vicexxv said:
animefan8800 said:

That's good about cycling. It's not just an exercise but you can go explore some places you've never been to and enjoy the beautiful scenery around it then after the destination, you and your team will be eating delicious meal while talking about your ride. Love this episode today. First time to see Ami-chan's mom LOL

Ami and her sister come from a long line of kids in animation who look exactly like their parent, mom here, only smaller. XD
Dec 3, 2016 7:59 AM

Nov 2016
animefan8800 said:
Geez, who knew bike maintenance was so pricey?

And, adding to vicexxv's reply: bike maintenance comes in drips and drabs: you buy a tool here, some lube there, maybe a decent stand at some point ... and, after years of this, you look back and realize how much BIKE STUFF you've accumulated (and how much $$$ you've spent acquiring it).

And-And (also adding to vicexxv's reply): spot-on about the pleasure of Cycling. Good activity, heart-healthy, nice people. And, there's EATING! There's a joke the local bike club used to tell: that they're actually an eating club that rides.

Cheers, all! I'm going looking for this episode's routes (the series' website has them, under "maps"; cross-check on GoogleMaps for English place names).
Almost older than dirt
Dec 3, 2016 8:04 AM

Dec 2014
Very nice episode.

Ami was adorable when she was washing her bike and jumping in joy after the jersey's arrived.
Some cool info about maintaining bikes.

Nice cycling scenes as always, Ami's improved a lot. :)
The curry eating was very sweet probably because Ami was on the verge tears after seeing the team together.

Saki is so cute when she blushes. <3
I can't believe she literally went flying. XD Glad that she live to tell the day, Hinako sure does like calling her out on it. xD

Team even next eh? This should be fun.
Dec 3, 2016 8:31 AM

Jan 2015
More knowledge Ami get by doing and watching the maintenance work for the bike. And then, finally the team jersey arrived. She really hyped about it that her Twin Mother and sister have to "pretend" didn't see what she do while wearing it. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 3, 2016 9:16 AM

Dec 2014
This show will continue onto Winter, but only due to delays for 2 weeks. While in some areas (such as the art), it feels rather uninspired, the way it talks about its subject matter without much alienation, and the whole feeling of the show, is something to admire.

Also, Ami made some funny noises when she tried to wash her bike. I really like stuff like that, being a massive Euphoniumfag and all.
Dec 3, 2016 11:05 AM

Aug 2016
has the OP changed a bit? not the music but the video?
Nanika ga Okashii
Dec 3, 2016 12:11 PM

Dec 2016
Nice episode, it feels like it's about to build up into something epic.

I'm surprised they didn't mention lubricating your bike cables.

Also you don't need that many tools! I rode in my cycling club for many years and built up tools as things broke on my bike. Things like a chain cleaner might make life easier, but there are plenty of DIY ways to clean a chain.

Some specialty tools you will end up eventually buying.

Chain rivet extractor
Crank arm puller
Freewheel/Cassette remover.

All which are relatively inexpensive. Otherwise you can get away with basic household and auto tools.
Dec 3, 2016 12:18 PM

Nov 2015
Nice episode. She got herself wet.

Dec 3, 2016 1:22 PM

Jun 2013
the jersys are here and they look awesome
Dec 3, 2016 1:54 PM

Dec 2016
Sorry for double post...

But if Saki does that many miles how is she not built like a Greek Goddess?

Also does any one else sometimes get Saki mixed up with Hinako? They could be twins or at least Sisters.
Dec 3, 2016 3:58 PM
Feb 2013
Dirty_Four_Eyes said:

Yes. The true OP was put in place of the one they'd been using from the beginning, starting in episode five. Now with 100% fewer scenes stolen straight from episode 1.

Cbr_Star said:
Also does any one else sometimes get Saki mixed up with Hinako? They could be twins or at least Sisters.

No, because Hinako is short, blond, twintailed, and flat-chested, while Saki is (relatively) tall, black-haired, wears a ponytail, and has decent-sized breasts. Now, if you were getting Saki confused with Aoi that would be a different matter... :P

Anyway, it really is miraculous that Saki survived that crash in the flashback. That should have killed her. That would be one hell of a scare.
Madcat6204Dec 3, 2016 4:28 PM
Dec 3, 2016 4:06 PM

Jun 2012
Saki is Fortuna indeed, and she is cyborg too, 300 km? I would have died :)
Dec 3, 2016 4:09 PM

Aug 2016
[quote=Madcat6204 message=48812887]
Dirty_Four_Eyes said:

Yes. The true OP was put in place of the one they'd been using from the beginning, starting in episode five. Now with 100% fewer scenes stolen straight from episode 1.

Oh, thanks for the info!
Nanika ga Okashii
Dec 3, 2016 10:02 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
How did Saki survive that fall. I mean even the trees should have given her some cuts and bruises and it looked like she landed back first, she should have had a broken back.
But anyway, Saki's quite the energetic girl. She's riding all that easily.

Poor Ami, she keeps getting persuaded to buy things. Paycheck in, paycheck to bike accessories and tools.

Them Fortuna jerseys look amazing. Color wise they fit the group.
Ami's family walking in on her xD

Dec 3, 2016 10:54 PM

Jun 2013
Another enjoyable episode, this is a pretty underrated little gem of a show.
Dec 3, 2016 11:26 PM

Apr 2011
We finally see team Fortuna have matching jerseys. And it looks so damn good on them.

I lol at Ami's mom and sister pretending not seeing what they see. hahaha. Saki isn one tough girl. Riding 300 kilos and surviving after a long fall with only leaves as cushions.

Cycling is one expensive sport. But it sure looks fun where you can go pretty much places that you haven't been through while sharing the experience with friends. Such a relaxing Sol anime. That's why I look forward every Saturday.
Dec 4, 2016 1:16 AM

Apr 2014
the text wasnt drawn.
lazy studio or hard to draw?
Dec 4, 2016 5:59 AM

Nov 2013
itszayeric said:
the text wasnt drawn.
lazy studio or hard to draw?

i almost feel stupid for never spotting such useless stuff when i watch anime LOL but obviously, the less they have to worry about details, the faster they can finish the episodes, and probably they draw the episodes close to the time they air...

anyway nice episode, ani getting spotted by mom and sis was fun, saki story was scary and lucky, and hinako has to tease saki for everything right? =D
winddevil1Dec 4, 2016 6:03 AM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 4, 2016 6:33 AM

Nov 2011
Now we also know how to do maintenance to the bike. :)
As a whole, the narrative makes us know a little better the character of Saki, but the characterization is very little. The only more odious defect, remains the quality of the designs, very mediocre.

animefan8800 said:
vicexxv said:

Ami and her sister come from a long line of kids in animation who look exactly like their parent, mom here, only smaller. XD

Unfortunately it is a hard defect to die, as it is to draw the characters, always with the same hairstyle in their lifetime.
Dec 4, 2016 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
I like how Ami looks at how big Aoi, Yayoi, Saki's boobs are compared to her. Ami is such a tyke.
Dec 4, 2016 2:08 PM

Oct 2013
Another nice episode. At first I thought Ami would clean all the lubricant off her chains and experience a jam, but she was smart enough to oil them after.

The jerseys look nice, but I did notice "Fortuna" would randomly disappear in certain scenes, as pointed out by itzayeric above.

Saki's lucky she didn't break her neck flying over the guard rail into a ravine like that.
Dec 7, 2016 9:03 PM

Jul 2015
The fail music in this show (when Ami got sprayed by the water), actually, kind of physically hurts me. It makes the mistakes and awkward moments like five times worse than they actually are. In other words, it's too effective. Like Mario Party 3 "you landed on Game Guy with 200+ coins and lost everything so now you get watch the hammer fall on your character and die" effective.

Also some A+ parenting advice and a few errors in the work, but the studio behind this anime hasn't really been all the way there, so I can't say I don't expect some problems here and there. This is now probably the second lowest quality anime I've watched, maybe, with first being Qualidea Code.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 7, 2016 9:24 PM

Nov 2016
Mmmm ... if I'm reading this right (okay, okay, I'm interpreting a machine translation), eps. 8, 9, and 10 will be shown on-time, but the last 2 ep's will be delayed until ... February. http://anime-longriders.com/news/index00710000.html
Almost older than dirt
Dec 7, 2016 11:16 PM

Oct 2008
Hard part of cycling is you're gonna maintenance it, just like a pet, you wash it!
Professional Maintenance check-up is even more meticulous!
They all have their Team Fortuna Jerseys printed and all five girls wore it.
The guardian Angel of Saki is so strong she didn't die on that fall! That can be fatal and she was lucky enough to land to a cushion!
It's very important to hear the advice of someone who already experienced the accident first hand!
4/5.

Dec 10, 2016 5:09 PM

Feb 2016
The Japanese may say "kiros", but when the English subs (in this episode) says "300 kilos", it's just weird and wrong for Europeans to read. :P
300 "kilos" is always a weight measurement. About 660 pounds (47 English stones), I think.
300 "kilometres" on the other hand is a length measurement. About 185 miles.
Dec 29, 2016 11:53 AM

Sep 2013
100km isn't alot, come on now :(
Everyone wears the jersey and eat curry.
Saki survived a near death experience :O
Jan 16, 2017 9:26 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the fives with the Cycling equipment!!! Team Fortuna in a riding day, another!!!
Jan 18, 2017 2:34 AM

Dec 2016
I was waiting eagerly for a hose mishap to happen, I wasn't disappointed.

WD40 is what I use on my bike chain.

Now that is one badass looking jersey.
Feb 7, 2017 3:37 AM

Mar 2015
Aw how quaint, nothing creates team spirit better than team jerserys!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 7, 2017 3:37 AM

Mar 2015
Aw how quaint, nothing creates team spirit better than team jerserys!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 16, 2017 10:51 AM
May 2016
LukesYGOonYT said:
I was waiting eagerly for a hose mishap to happen, I wasn't disappointed.

WD40 is what I use on my bike chain.

Never ever use WD40! It does the exact opposite of what you want a cleaner to do as it will make the lube not stick to the chain. Always use a bike specific product like the ones produced by Finish Line.

Oh, and never wash your bike by spraying it with water as that will force water into all the various nooks and crannies that you don't want wet. Do it with a sponge just on the frame, seat and maybe handle bars (I've never done it as I always wear gloves) and wipe it down well.
Dec 22, 2020 4:51 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Saki's was indeed very lucky xD they need to be careful
Mar 30, 2021 11:30 AM

Feb 2020
Great and entertaining stuff as usual. Now Ami is ready for a new challenges.

SerafosMar 28, 3:17 AM
Oct 31, 2021 6:30 AM

Sep 2018
Narration very focused on the character of Ami and on the didactic plan regarding the maintenance of bicycles. Then we move on to explore the bond of the five girls that is getting closer and closer and over time we see the character of Ami further mature, finally the final part acts as a springboard to level up and move on to a new phase of the plot and also having a small didactic parenthesis centered on safety, so that at the same time you also get to know the character of Saki a little. The Japanese are lovers of curry rice, among other things. Drawings and animations, insufficient, sometimes it is not well understood what they wanted to express. Very good facial expressions sometimes.
Aug 30, 2022 2:23 AM

Feb 2020
Ami's happy face was hilarious when she started washing her bike. x3

Thanks to her friends, she now knows a lot more about bike maintenance.

More hilarious reactions. This time even her mother saw her, haha.

Team Fortune jerseys look great! Good job, Ami. :)

Saki can ride 300 km like it's nothing. That's amazing. Also, she was really lucky when she survived that accident without a scratch.

Lol at her angry reaction. Cute blush.

"100 kilos"?! Well, that's going to be a huge challenge for Ami.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

69 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 15, 2023 2:35 PM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

34 by Serafos »»
Sep 1, 2022 3:27 PM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

35 by Serafos »»
Sep 1, 2022 5:12 AM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

28 by Serafos »»
Aug 31, 2022 9:09 AM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

30 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2022 5:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.