Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2016 3:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well Deku feels like there's not much point to the fight while Baku expresses his own anger about their roles being reversed since their childhood.

That got dramatic tbh. I guess it's kinda understandable considering how much Deku improved compared to himself.
Dec 1, 2016 3:30 AM
Sep 2012
A pretty straight forward chapter so I will make this quick. So Bakkugo was feeling guilty about what happened to All Might all this time. You know thinking about the events, it makes sense for him to feel guilty. I just thought of it that way, great to see this side to him, I guess this shows he is not the normal jerk rival, most of them never guilt for anything.

So now Deku is going to fight him, I guess this one of those we can only talk though our fists to understand each other fights. Good chapter non the less.
Dec 1, 2016 3:36 AM

Sep 2013
My boy, Deku giving him the pleasure to fight him. I'm pretty sure the fight will be a draw when Eraserhead steps in, or I could be totally wrong

8/10 - Very good chapter.

Dec 1, 2016 3:40 AM

Dec 2015
Typical of Midoriya to still go after Bakugou when the latter fell. I personally always hated that part of him. The cliché "I still go to you even after all you did to me" determination on his part. That's annoying.
But at least Bakugou's motive for fighting is better now cleared. And I like the fact they both have the same regret but from different perspective. Hoping the fight wont be dragged out too much so we can move on to better stuff hopefully.
Dec 1, 2016 3:44 AM
Jul 2018
So guilt ridden bakugou huh? Nice to see another side of him.

Who was that person who stopped eraserhead tho, AM I guess?
Dec 1, 2016 3:57 AM

Dec 2013
Poor Bakugou. Didn't realise the poor guy was so guilt ridden.

Time for the fight to really begin!
Dec 1, 2016 4:32 AM

Sep 2014
Bakugou not only couldn't accept Deku's sudden growth,but he also felt responsible for All Might's retirement.Deku knows that this fight is meaningless,but he is also going to fight seriously.Great chapter and nice kicks.
Dec 1, 2016 4:45 AM

Dec 2015
A bit short but it gave me the chills!

and wow this fight gotten a little emotional...

"WHY DID I BECAME THE REASON TO ALL MIGHTS END" who knew this one simple line could ripped my heart to pieces.

Didn't expect bakugou to feel that way... Damn! it didn't even occur to me that it was really partially his fault, but kachann knew! and he was shouldering all those emotions and guilt ever since! men the feels!

This is totally a different side of him that we never knew it existed! Now I had my utter most respect for bakugou after this.

The fight's so much better now that there's a deeper meaning behind it
QueenSapphireDec 1, 2016 4:27 PM
Dec 1, 2016 4:49 AM

May 2015
Is this sasuke vs naruto all over again?

@Kuma
This is another chapter that makes Hero Academia generic to me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2016 5:24 AM

Mar 2015
zal said:

@Kuma

you just summon me to a spoiler... LMAO...
__________________________________________________________________________________
okay, the character is explainable, doesn't make it likeable or any reasonable in a way... i seriously looking down at bakugou right now, if he blame himself like sasuke, i would like him a little... but this is make he looks try to blame deku as his escapism... he need something to blame whatever reason it was and drag deku with him... and deku just let him be which piss me off even more just because he see bakugo "guilty" is justifiable... even naruto vs sasuke fight provoke my feelings more... and AM let this because "young people talk with fist," things? sigh...

at this point i doubt bokugou will turn being a villian... higher possibility if he redeeming him self with some punch sharing with deku... except league of villian interupted, which make it 4 times already...

i really interesting to where the plot goes after this and what kind development bakugou got, but bakugo character it self, at this point, not soo much or this battle it self...

6/10 for this chapter for me, not lowering the score for 8/10 since it not concluded yet... hope it can pulling something good and interesting for building next arc with the main rival developemnt and that's it... not expecting much...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 1, 2016 5:40 AM

Jun 2014
So Bakugou has been feeling guilty this whole time, no wonder he seems so obsessed with becoming super strong. At least Deku looks like he's finally going to start fighting seriously instead of avoiding all of Bakugou's attacks.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Dec 1, 2016 5:42 AM

Aug 2010

Bruh. Bakugo felt that guilty :o

Some of his faces this chp were insanely good!!
Dec 1, 2016 6:53 AM

Dec 2015
zal said:

@Kuma

Not really, as much as I personally dont like their confrontation (I find it pointless) , Bakugou isnt like Sasuke because the latter only cared about strength for revenge but Bakugou blames himself for not be able to live up to himself, having regrets that AM's retirement was also his fault. And Bakugou already proved time and time he wants to be like AM.

If you just read this chapter and compare it just like a copy of Sasuke vs Naruto, then I dont know what you're reading then...

From now on, their relationship will probably end. And it's probably better to just get it over now.
KonoYumeDec 1, 2016 6:56 AM
Dec 1, 2016 7:19 AM

Dec 2014
The art for this chapter was amazing, Wow. Especially that last panel. :O

Well considering everything that was stipulated regarding Bakugou's reasoning last chapter, It seems to have boiled down to a simple matter of him feeling guilty over all the other things.
Though it's actually kinda nice that Bakugou felt that guilty, Even though it isn't really his fault. It's nice to see that he actually cared so much. Hopefully he doesn't go blaming himself too much.

In the end this fight is pointless, Deku himself states this. Perhaps this is just Bakugou's way of letting things out so he can move on and work towards his goal of being a hero.

On side notes, Wonder who was it that was stopping Aizawa? Kirishima maybe?
That Deku back flip kick was insane man, So cool.
Dec 1, 2016 7:32 AM

Sep 2013
Bakugou has guilt because he was captured again.
The fight looks okay so far.
Dec 1, 2016 7:45 AM

Aug 2013
All it took was that one panel, I was not expecting Bakugou to give me feels this week. Fuck, man, I didn't even think about him bearing guilt over All Might using up the rest of his power.

This fight is gonna be really exciting. I'm guessing it's All Might who stopped Aizawa at the door, too.
Dec 1, 2016 10:19 AM
Jul 2016
Kuma said:
zal said:

@Kuma

__________________________________________________________________________________
okay, the character is explainable, doesn't make it likeable or any reasonable in a way... i seriously looking down at bakugou right now, if he blame himself like sasuke, i would like him a little... but this is make he looks try to blame deku as his escapism... he need something to blame whatever reason it was and drag deku with him... and deku just let him be which piss me off even more just because he see bakugo "guilty" is justifiable... even naruto vs sasuke fight provoke my feelings more... and AM let this because "young people talk with fist," things? sigh...

at this point i doubt bokugou will turn being a villian... higher possibility if he redeeming him self with some punch sharing with deku... except league of villian interupted, which make it 4 times already...

i really interesting to where the plot goes after this and what kind development bakugou got, but bakugo character it self, at this point, not soo much or this battle it self...

6/10 for this chapter for me, not lowering the score for 8/10 since it not concluded yet... hope it can pulling something good and interesting for building next arc with the main rival developemnt and that's it... not expecting much...

The only one blaming is bakugo himself, and the reason why Deku is in this is obvious because he already knows his secret, Dont know but this for me gave me more feeling than the naruto vs sasuke thing, that last one was pure about jelaous and revenge, atleast here is for the care of someone else and even more coming from a person like Bakugou
Dec 1, 2016 1:37 PM

Dec 2015
This pointless confrontation will be interrupted by Aizawa since not only did they sneek out of their rooms at night, they also started to indulge themself into violence. Then he would give them a last warning before they get expelled if they act like that again.

He'll say something like: "UA isn't a place to educate troublesome brats but to create potential heroes" or something.
Dec 1, 2016 2:16 PM
Nov 2016
Kacchan finally lets it all out, thx to All Might (stopping Eraser Head). x)

I hope haters will now stop seeing Bakugou as an idiot and finally get how he feels.

Deku has some damn technics though. Taking a fcking shoe in the face then going all revert salto... That. Was pretty neat!

BTW, I really liked-no, LOVED the last page as the two rivals are smiling to each other! :D

Damn Horikoshi, you really know how to write a great story. :)
Dec 1, 2016 4:07 PM

Jan 2016
KonoYume said:
Typical of Midoriya to still go after Bakugou when the latter fell. I personally always hated that part of him. The cliché "I still go to you even after all you did to me" determination on his part. That's annoying.
But at least Bakugou's motive for fighting is better now cleared. And I like the fact they both have the same regret but from different perspective. Hoping the fight wont be dragged out too much so we can move on to better stuff hopefully.
The cliché "I still go to you even after all you did to me" determination on his part. That's annoying.

Thats just his personality. He always cares about others, it's what all might said makes him a hero. How can you find this annoying?
Dec 1, 2016 4:11 PM

Jul 2015
Kuma said:
zal said:

@Kuma

This fight reminds me of that "one" fight in "Holyland" rather than a Naruto vs Sasuke thing
Sup...
Dec 1, 2016 4:31 PM

Mar 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
Kuma said:

This fight reminds me of that "one" fight in "Holyland" rather than a Naruto vs Sasuke thing

i just get exactly this in ubel blat... but this was better than it, that's why i still not lowing it down that much....

DeepRiver said:
Kuma said:

The only one blaming is bakugo himself, and the reason why Deku is in this is obvious because he already knows his secret, Dont know but this for me gave me more feeling than the naruto vs sasuke thing, that last one was pure about jelaous and revenge, atleast here is for the care of someone else and even more coming from a person like Bakugou

bakugou try to make escapism out of it by giving his outrage to deku, which is why i despise him even more... natuto vs sasuke wasn't pure jealouse and revenge, he see naruto as hindrance to his plan, including the past and the way naruto act and developed make him even more jealouse, but no, it wasn't revenge... it make sasuke pure villian which make me not investing any repect to him in the first place...

the reason why i disliked this battle not because the battle it self, but i feel betrayed by bokugou development... author investing him look like redeeming himself, then act unreasonable again... i lost faith to sasuke before the fight it self...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 1, 2016 4:46 PM
Jan 2014
People need to stop fucking comparing Bakugou to Sasuke. By your logic, you're basically saying that Bakugou is the same as Sasuke. Sasuke got his whole mother fucking clan destroyed and became an emo "avenger" wanting to kill his brother, so he goes on a quest for power. Bakugou is a badmouthed douchebag who wants to be the best hero. He is just feeling inadequate now due to him always being the star of the show his entire life. Now that Deku has shown that he's the real star of class 1-A he's feeling insecure. If Bakugou was just like Sasuke he would have teamed up with those villains who kidnapped him in order to get more power. That arc was done intentionally to show that Bakugou isn't becoming a villain, numbnuts. Obviously the mangaka has other plans for Bakugou because he doesn't want a Sasuke 2.0. Their upbringings, personalities, and motives are completely different.
Dec 1, 2016 6:12 PM

Dec 2012
Bakugou blaming himself for All Might.

Deku ready to battle Bakugou.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 1, 2016 7:49 PM

May 2016
my mind is exaggerating the drama feels. i know it's shounen and fighting between rivals is a standard but maaann...Bakugou's guilt for All Might's end and then, confronting Deku (which is AM's successor) It's like Mr. Explodo-kills wants punishment for being weak and leading to AM's retirement.

His motivation for this pointless fight is truly emotional (despite his calm demeanor earlier) Bakugou's guilt face panel just screams GIVE ME A FREAKIN' HUG. (yeah...i'm delulu right now...)

Hopefully, there's a peaceful resolution. Maybe not BFFs (which is ironic coz original concept Bakugou was supposed to be a good guy) but a healthy rivalry between them. Bakugou needs to give Deku the respect he deserves!
akumi143mangaDec 1, 2016 7:52 PM
Dec 2, 2016 4:36 AM

Dec 2015
rigolotekitten said:
KonoYume said:
The cliché "I still go to you even after all you did to me" determination on his part. That's annoying.

Thats just his personality. He always cares about others, it's what all might said makes him a hero. How can you find this annoying?

That's just how I personally feel about this. I always hated that trope. But then again it's a "good message" for jap teens...
I personally find it ridiculous even more in this case...
Dec 3, 2016 3:55 AM

Feb 2014
you guys.. how could you be so superficial?

"ohhhmyyygoodddd its noroto vs sosoke again????"

LMAO.
EustassKiddo !
Dec 3, 2016 2:57 PM

Nov 2014
The art in these past two chapters has been phenomenal. Especially Bakugou's facial expressions.

I love how fleshed out their rivalry is becoming, too. It's really taking the typical shounen rivalry to another level, IMO.
Dec 4, 2016 12:05 AM

Jan 2011
I feel so bad for Kacchan he really admires All Might and blames himself for his 'retirement' thats really fucking sad

this chapter was awesome
Dec 4, 2016 10:21 PM

Oct 2013
nice to see some changes from the standard behaviour of these two characters
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 6, 2016 2:42 AM
Jun 2016
This manga is no different from Fairy Tail seriously double standards I guess.
Dec 6, 2016 2:54 AM

Dec 2013
Soniclover42 said:

Rivalry is common is many shounen manga. Not just here and FT.
Dec 6, 2016 3:04 AM

Mar 2014
Soniclover42 said:
You have to be baiting? Surely.
Dec 8, 2016 7:40 PM

Dec 2013
Other little chapter, 15 pages, really?
I want this fight to end and good chapters to start, please.
Jan 3, 2017 8:27 AM

May 2016
Things started to get real emotional. I felt really bad for Bakugo not blaming himself for what happened to All Might :'(

"This fight may be pointless, but I'll do it for Kacchan." Let your feelings pour out in passion, boys~

The only similarity I found between them and Naruto and Sasuke is that Deku is the only one who can handle Bakugoat's feelings while Naruto is the only one who can handle Sasuke's hatred.

Jan 10, 2017 10:14 AM

Apr 2016
zal said:

@Kuma

People bitching left and right...

Just stfu and enjoy the shit man...
Jan 10, 2017 10:50 AM

May 2015
TheDawnBerserker said:
zal said:

@Kuma

People bitching left and right...

Just stfu and enjoy the shit man...
That was a part of a discussion with Kuma that started in another thread but if you don't want to read other people bitching you could just read the manga and not read the discussion threads because I bitch how much I want and you can do nothing about it.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2017 6:54 AM

Feb 2013
Bakugou was thinking that he is the reason that All Might retired.
Dec 29, 2017 9:16 AM

Nov 2011
hmm ,well bakugo was a prick before all might end ,so trying to spur his growth only based on that incident is pointless, he needs to be humbled the fuck down ,hopefully he gets that next
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else
Aug 22, 2018 3:46 AM

Mar 2018
Damn Bakugo's guilt face is one of the most powerful things I've seen, it just gets me every time I read it. Horikoshi's insanely good at drawing facial expressions (remember Shoto's smile when he fights Deku ?).

This chapter definetly holds him as one of my favorite manga character.
Mar 8, 2022 5:46 AM

Feb 2021
Bakugou sure is venting hard
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Aug 15, 2022 6:25 PM
Community Mod
Entranced

Mar 2022
Bakugo lets out his feelings, I guess Midoriya is playing the therapist.
Sep 19, 2023 12:04 PM

Feb 2011
Poor Bakugo, I serious feel his pain.

More topics from this board

» question about the ending

asdewqw3erfgt - Aug 29

17 by MalyRBT »»
2 hours ago

» 👑 Boku no Hero Academia Character Ranking 👑 ( 1 2 )

nirererin - Sep 5

70 by UberBat »»
Today, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 390 Discussion

Kuma - Jun 1, 2023

36 by KoniginElle »»
Sep 14, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 380 Discussion

Kuma - Feb 17, 2023

44 by Masterdude1023 »»
Sep 12, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 430 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ARK-13 - Jul 31

153 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 11, 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.