Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]
Sep 12, 2017 4:57 PM

Aug 2013
Well, even battles in this anime are bad, even though anime is 18+ obviously, they are still in shonen-style - too primitive , extremely high jumps, little furry kids attacking by shout!?, somehow simple swords are make more damage to whale than big guns and fire magic, it's just like a little cut by a needle and you are all in the blood, ridiculous.
Some backstory - feminine girl which obsessed with flowers and long dress is best swordsman, yeah, right. Three whales in the end, let's wait for some clown-mage once again...
Nov 8, 2017 1:01 PM

Sep 2012
dam cliffhanger new i can't go to sleep i want to see more XD

& HOLY SHIT SHIT JUST GOT REAL AT THE END
how will they come out alive of this one
Nov 10, 2017 10:24 PM

Sep 2010
Aw, it's nice that we got Wilhelm and Therese's (sp?) story. I liked the battle and Moby Dick reference in this episode. Will Subaru wake up yelling about whales like I do after having nightmares about battles in tier 20 arena in Fire Emblem Heroes?
Nov 13, 2017 2:11 AM

Jun 2016
Just when I thought that they can easily get rid of the White Whale, but I was so wrong. Jesus. It was so powerful. They're already having a difficulty getting rid of that single White Whale, then another two arrived. RIP WILHEIM! FUCK. Kinda hoping that he's still alive inside that White Whale then he can slice it open. Hahaha.

The music, the action scenes, the badassery, the animation. Damn this episode is insane.

KILL THEM THREE MOBY DICKS. HAHAHA!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 15, 2017 1:03 PM

Dec 2009
They are screwed.

The end credits hit me like a ton of bricks. Stay Alive ruins me.
Jan 8, 2018 12:44 PM

Mar 2016
The battle was pretty epic, most of the action goes towards the old man.
And was that the jealous witch behind Subaru!?
Feb 10, 2018 3:25 AM

Dec 2010
This is an actual definition of "Shit just got real". I'm glad we finally picked up the game again after those near-dementia episodes.
Feb 28, 2018 4:34 AM

Jun 2010
Great episode! I was thinking from the very start it's stupid to think there's only one whale. And seems I was right. I hope Wilhelm isn't dead and same goes for that dog looking demon guy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2018 5:08 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Last episode was getting kinda boring and I though with this White Wale thing it would be a disappointment since the best of the series is its psychological warfare... but this one wasnt bad at all uh.

That whale is creeppy as fuck.
Sep 2, 2018 11:59 AM

Jun 2015
Let me guess Thearesia is Reinhard's mother right ?

Apr 21, 2019 8:36 PM

Jun 2015
^ i'd second that statement only judged on the appearance
willhem looks like hyakkimaru from dororo and his wife looks like chtholly from sukasuka to me not gonna lie
May 6, 2019 9:16 PM

Apr 2014
Me at the start of the episode: Oh finally a lighthearted feelgood episode where they eliminate the monster in a spectacular and awesome fashion.

The end of the episode to me: Such foolish naivete >:D

-Wilheim had taken on his wife's family name it appears. Reinhardt's probably related in some way, given how they share that name.

-This show just doesn't let up on stringing along one's hopes and optimism only to bring it all crashing down into oblivion.
ZeroDragonMay 6, 2019 9:21 PM
Aug 17, 2019 3:22 AM

Apr 2013
That was a nice fight against that first whale, enjoyed the tactics they used. Wilhelm backstory was also interesting. Seems they are quite fucked now though, given that there are more than just one whale.
Sep 26, 2019 10:42 PM

Jul 2013
Action packed episode which showed some interesting abilities especially Cruschs one is strong :o

Wilhelm went absolute berserk on that monster. I couldn't believe he was still flying after all these attacks. Interesting to see how he creates this mist. Didn't last long after the first people went crazy from these voices in their heads.

A lot of flashbacks of Wilhelm and his wife were to see which was also a very nice addition. I mean Wilhelm definitely is strong but she was on a whole other lvl. I couldn't believe how fast and easy she killed these people when Wilhelm was about to get killed.

All that hope and tbh it was looking pretty good but that ending? They can't be serious with that. One whale was crazy enough but 3 or 4 is so unrealistic..... RIP Wilhelm :(

What do they even want to do in such a misery?

Nov 18, 2019 10:26 AM

Aug 2018
Great Ep and Wilheim is now the O.G
Mar 14, 2020 9:00 AM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
So many whales!!!
Apr 16, 2020 12:48 AM

Jun 2013
Damn, both Wilhem and his wife were fucking awesome. I wouldn't mind watching a series with just the two of them. I wonder if they have any kids or grandkids.

Loved seeing everyone in action. It was one of the most enjoyable fights since their fight with Elsa.
臭い-
Apr 16, 2020 2:35 AM

Jul 2014
Bibimbapski said:
Damn, both Wilhem and his wife were fucking awesome. I wouldn't mind watching a series with just the two of them. I wonder if they have any kids or grandkids.
It shouldn't be a spoiler but
Apr 16, 2020 5:19 AM

Jun 2013
mozgow said:
Bibimbapski said:
It shouldn't be a spoiler but

No worries. It isn't a big spoiler for me. Totally slipped my mind that he shared the same surname as they did. Now I can see the resemblance. Thanks! :)
臭い-
Jun 24, 2020 12:15 PM

Aug 2019
While this episode managed to hold my attention, the fight scenes were a great turn-off for me, as was the flashback. Wilhelm's backstory felt utterly flat to me. The fight choreography and the animation was quite disappointing as well. And I had a feeling halfway through that more whales were going to appear. Though it was good that Subaru learned something from his past experiences.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jul 3, 2020 5:46 AM

Jun 2017
The whale was getting irksome to me!😂 I was like: Ugh! Just die already why don't you! I hope Subaru will be able to change the course of events somehow and save Wilhelm!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jul 3, 2020 7:01 AM
Aug 2018
KoniginElle said:
The whale was getting irksome to me!😂 I was like: Ugh! Just die already why don't you!

I know that feeling :P

Anyway, White Whale will be a good/useful benchmark to compare the combat strength of characters in future.

Always remember the amount of effort that went into tackling this Whale :P
rakp333Jul 3, 2020 7:04 AM
Jul 9, 2020 1:39 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wilhelm had a sad past with his life. Even if he just wanted the revenged over his dead wife, he still couldn't understand her wife intentions. At the end, his dead lock was understandable with how he always put an arrogancy beyond that godly monster. Yeah, that huge white whale was crazy. And that shit even brought back some colony to helped. Damn. Now, the situations got reversed as the Subaru's group should be the hunting grounds for every whale on that area. Interesting episode in the terms of beautiful scenery, thrilling moment, and action packed mix into one. Good job!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 29, 2020 12:16 PM

Oct 2013
Wow, just wow. This battle, its choreography and visuals, looked simply great! That dramatic and quite frightening ending was the cherry on top of this episode. I also loved how Wilhelm's past was showed.

I thought that this Whale could've been calling other Whales, but I assumed it was not possible since most likely there was only one White Whale. Well, I was wrong and the nightmare became real, lol. Maybe it was just one Whale being able to split his body?

Cat people kids looked hilarious on those mighty wolves who were also cubs. ;p
AdnashSep 29, 2020 12:23 PM
Oct 10, 2020 9:35 PM

Jul 2020
Whilhelm is such a badass, felt bad he got eaten by that whale but I’m still hoping he’ll come out alive at some point. Hope they can finish this battle by next episode but looking at it that there’s three whale is kinda bad on their end.
Nov 10, 2020 1:06 PM

Feb 2020
Okay that was seriously epic. This show can be truly great when it wants to.
I didn't at all expect Wilhem to receive focus, but he proved himself to be worthy of it. And all those Moby Dick references *chief kiss*

Now I really wonder what's gonna happen. Three whales ? Is that ever gonna end ? Also, it really looked like the majority of the army got hit by the fog, I hope not too many died.
FafetteNov 11, 2020 1:45 AM
Nov 16, 2020 4:28 AM

Jun 2020
Damn when Wilhelm was just looking wistfully at the flower as he got devoured, that was so poetic. I loved how they weaved his back story into the battle. I really liked him & Theresia!!!!

That ending......WTF more whales?!!!!???

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 7, 2021 8:41 AM

Feb 2019
Wilhelm's past make my eyes teary a bit. Such beautiful and tragic love of him and his wife, the Master Swordman Theresia.

😭😭😭

I don't believe he dies easily, old man is going to beat all those terrible monsters.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jan 8, 2022 5:11 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
How many health bars does this thing have?
Jan 16, 2022 1:38 PM

Feb 2021
we went from evil dogs to flying whales in 10 episodes...lmao
Jul 10, 2022 3:28 PM

Feb 2018
The animation was amazing. The damn whale sounds were creepy and deafening at the same time lol. Wilehelm was a real one.. that flower got him >_<
Aug 6, 2022 9:35 AM
Dec 2020
Wow, 2 extra fucking whales show up when they're struggling to defeat one
Aug 14, 2022 6:27 AM
Feb 2019
Yes, of course, another great one, just watch it! xD
Aug 27, 2022 9:43 PM

May 2022
great episode and intense fight. looks like the fog does eliminate someone along with their memories of them, which was why everyone else forgot about Rem in ep17. that cliffhanger at the end though, it was very shocking, and an even more difficult situation. loved the backstory on Wilhelm and the action revolving around Wilhelm.
Oct 11, 2022 7:21 PM

Aug 2021
the fight against the white whale has been very good. i'm a fan of the story they're telling with wilhelm. there being more than one white whale was unexpected and i'm interested to learn more
Nov 4, 2022 6:32 AM

Apr 2021
Everything was going well at first but it looks like they are in trouble now. Also there are three freakin whales right now. I wonder what their plan of action is?
Feb 16, 2023 11:08 PM
Feb 2021
Rip my guy. pretty interesting character tho, hope this fight ends the next episode too
Aug 23, 2023 1:04 PM
Jan 2023
Wilhelm really did do some awesome fighting, seemed like he was easily doing the most damage to the whale here until he got eaten.

Seems Satella had her first appearance in this episode, when Subaru said return by death out loud.

I'm definitely concerned about the 2 additional whales though, those are going to cause some major issues. I just hope that they all can come up with something else to help them defeat the whales. Even then they still have the witch's cult to contend with.
Nov 8, 2023 2:01 PM
Oct 2023
the fight against the whale was truly amazing, Wilhelm really went all in in this episode, his flashback was very nice too, hopefully he didnt die without purpose, because the three whales that were shown were a huge twist, really love re zero rn, every character in this episode was truly amazing
Nov 25, 2023 8:17 AM

Dec 2022
Despite Wilhelm being an incredibly boring and unidimensional character, I get the feeling he survived being swallowed there. No doubt he'll be shown cleaving out of the whale's stomach to the rapturous applause of the remaining soldiers, while shedding a silent tear for his lost love in his victory...or something in that vein. The cliche legendary monster fight boxes need to be checked out somehow, after all.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 15, 2023 7:42 AM
Jul 2018
Gaddamn, Subaru was so cool as well as the other characters. Also, that whale monster though haha
Feb 22, 3:04 AM

Dec 2022
Wilhelm feeling like the mvp in this epic episode and the fights were all awesome imo against the whale.

May 22, 8:38 PM
Jan 2024
What an epic kaiju battle this was! Still, I wonder how we'll navigate the event with the witch's cult..
Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

767 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 19, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1833 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 18, 8:26 PM

» Should I watch director cut or the regular one?

ido4224 - Sep 6

22 by QcDiablo »»
Sep 18, 5:44 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

252 by Kira_Illusionist »»
Sep 18, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

821 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 16, 7:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.