Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 4, 2009 7:38 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Huh? That was an "EVA" - quality episode. Is Lyuze halucinating because of the Rust?

In any event, it seems pretty clear that Lyuze now has the hots for Casshern. However, she had better act quickly because it looks like yet another robo-babe is going to show up next week to add to Casshern's harem.
Feb 8, 2009 6:34 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was just great. =D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 8, 2009 7:10 AM

Apr 2007
That episode was very, very odd. But I liked the character development for Lyuze.
Long suffering /m/subs translator
http://msubsreleases.wordpress.com/
Feb 8, 2009 7:48 AM
Feb 2007
Lyuze did it with a black guy or was that another dream?
Feb 8, 2009 9:03 AM

Jun 2008
What an odd and weird episode.
What confused me most in this episode was the "black and white girl".....
Feb 8, 2009 9:51 AM
Dec 2007
dbaranyi said:
Huh? That was an "EVA" - quality episode. Is Lyuze halucinating because of the Rust?

I think she's mostly hallucinating because of love. You know... it happens sometimes. And she hasn't even start decaying from what we've seen at this point of the story so it's very unlikely to be it.

Appart from that, great episode, very contemplative and psychologic, that's exactly what I expect from Casshern Sins :) I wonder what will happen between Casshern and Lyuze next episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 8, 2009 10:31 AM

Jul 2008
Well it was obvious she loves him ^^ Sweet episode though :3
Feb 8, 2009 1:35 PM

Dec 2008
uhh, worst episode in this series
Feb 8, 2009 2:22 PM

Sep 2007
What a ridiculously long dream sequence. I didn't hate it, but everything that happened in this episode could have been accomplished in 5 minutes or less.

Also, creepy Ringu girl was supposed to represent... what, exactly?
Feb 8, 2009 4:15 PM

Oct 2007
An episode about how Lyuze falls in love with Casshern and why she has been follow Casshern all this time?
But it turned out to be "WTH was that?" >_<

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 8, 2009 5:00 PM
Apr 2008
very good ep, even though if focused on lyuze(not one of my faves) i think very much enjoyed this much
Feb 8, 2009 7:34 PM
Dec 2007
That was a complete waste of an episode. I understand the need to show Lyuze's character development, but they could've made it shorter. The complex hallucinations wasn't needed. But I am glad she finally came to terms with herself in realizing that she does hold feelings for Casshern.
Feb 8, 2009 7:43 PM

Aug 2007
Beautiful episode. Lyuze has really needed more time and I'm glad she finally dealt with her conflicting emotions for Casshern and revenge for her sister.
Feb 8, 2009 9:19 PM

Dec 2007
is emo robot wasn't enough, here come emo robot girl to join the show,

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Feb 8, 2009 9:22 PM

Dec 2008
Wow.
That was very strange. And I do not know why, but it was kind of creepy.
I am glad that Lyuze did not end up deciding that she hates Casshern. ;p

The things I did not like about this episode was the fan service. Come on, Casshern sins is a amazing show. It does not need fan service in it.

Anyway, I would rate this one a 6\10. Mixed reactions.
Feb 8, 2009 9:42 PM

Sep 2007
potatomac911 said:

The things I did not like about this episode was the fan service. Come on, Casshern sins is a amazing show. It does not need fan service in it.

Fanservice...? Eh, I don't know if I'd go that far. It's not like it was obnoxious or inappropriate. It was a dream, after all.
Feb 8, 2009 10:15 PM

Jan 2007
the development episode for Lyuze had to happen sometime. Did not expect it to turn out like this but great none the less. definitely made me excited for the next episode.
Feb 8, 2009 10:29 PM

Nov 2007
it was good but a whole episode was a bit much. also the whole human flash inserts were completely unnecessary imo.
Feb 8, 2009 10:48 PM

Jul 2008
Fuck.
I hope they don't end up going for a Casshern x Lyuze ending.
Feb 9, 2009 1:14 AM

Aug 2007
Nameless_Hero said:
Fuck.

Why not? It's been pretty obvious for weeks now that the story was going on that direction. I think Lyuze and Casshern have a nice dynamic going for them. Though I won't be surprised if Lyuze dies in a few episode after her and Casshern finally "get together."
Feb 9, 2009 3:05 AM

Jan 2009
i love lyuze nyahahaha
Feb 9, 2009 3:34 AM

Mar 2008
it took 20mins to establish she "likes" Casshern. omg.
Feb 9, 2009 4:21 AM

Aug 2008
The moral of the story: don't do drugs!
Feb 9, 2009 11:44 AM

Feb 2008
DaeScope said:

Yes, they took a bit long to make that point clear, but nevertheless I enjoyed this episode a lot. Now I know why she still follows Casshern and hasnt shown her hostile side towards him recently. The cute Cyborg-Girl is in love...Ahhhhhhh...
==> Robot-Sex next episode? :P

They only two parts I dont quite understand are:
- The "Black and White girl"
- The part with the black guy

If anyone has a theory what the author wants to tell us with it, I would appreciate a small post. ^^
Feb 9, 2009 11:49 AM

Aug 2008
So, this was a pretty bad episode. It wasn't bad in what it was trying to/successfully accomplish, but it's unsuccessful in it's placement in relation to the overall story. If they wanted to do a full episode about this, it needed to have come maybe 7 episodes earlier when she honestly is struggling with her feelings, and her vow to Leeza. By now, its a foregone fact that she's in love with Casshern, blowing all the wind out of the sails of the weight that was this "revelation."

Also, I expected much more from a Casshern Sins "dream sequence episode" they could have gone off the wall and done whatever they wanted, and instead they gave us a barren cityscape, the field of flowers that Ringo was playing in last episode, and water? Highly unimaginative and disappointing.
Feb 9, 2009 9:24 PM

Jun 2007
FTGT said:
DaeScope said:

Yes, they took a bit long to make that point clear, but nevertheless I enjoyed this episode a lot. Now I know why she still follows Casshern and hasnt shown her hostile side towards him recently. The cute Cyborg-Girl is in love...Ahhhhhhh...
==> Robot-Sex next episode? :P

They only two parts I dont quite understand are:
- The "Black and White girl"
- The part with the black guy

If anyone has a theory what the author wants to tell us with it, I would appreciate a small post. ^^

Technically Casshern could impregnate her if she was built the same way as Leda...which is doubtful since it's already been said that only Dio, Leda and Casshern where given the gift of passing on genes. Would be a nice twist though ;).

As for the black dude and the white "ring" girl...I'm not gonna sit here and say I know what it means because quite frankly the ring girl scared the shit out of me throughout the whole episode and it made it hard to concentrate lol. I'm gonna take a guess and say that it's a metaphor for "Theres always two sides to everything". The white doll like girl represents Leda's robot nature and the black human like character represents her new found human emotions.

Overall this episode was mehh. Yay for character development, Nay for weirdness.
Feb 10, 2009 6:39 AM

Feb 2008
Weird episode. Was okay I guess, didn't really entertain me.
Feb 10, 2009 8:06 AM

Oct 2008
Pretty weird episode...

The Black and White RING looking part
The Black guy part...

But once again beautiful character develpment
Feb 10, 2009 1:30 PM

Jun 2008
the magis word for this episode is:

damn...

\m/
Feb 10, 2009 5:12 PM

Sep 2008
Kvakond said:

LOL

Anyhow, I agree with noteDHero that it should have came earlier.
Overall I see it as good episode, really needed to give Lyuuze some time, but still to late in the show.
I really want to see what she is going to act like around Casshern now. It is only natural she doesn't act like she used to so far...Looking forward to next ep...
Feb 12, 2009 12:22 AM

Dec 2008
muhaha,nice and psychadelic XD

that episode was like a Movie from David Lynch

The scenes with the graffiti wall looked great
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2009 8:48 AM
Nov 2008
I must say that this is the weirdest anime episode I have ever watched I was left stunned and speechless at the end of the episode.

The black and white scene remind me of Sadako from The Ring! I was watching the anime on TV and I thought that the broadcaster was playing a joke by inserting some funny commercials right after the OP. LOL but I was almost too shocked.. Kinda freaky.
Her hallucinations were repetitive and simply odd. I guess robots have their way of thoughts that may be incomprehensible to humans like me.

Well, at least she has moved on to realise and accept her own feelings towards Casshern instead of bent on taking revenge on Liza's behalf...

Oh.. Looks like we'll have a head-on Casshern x Lyuze confrontation in the next episode?!?!
Feb 14, 2009 11:36 PM

Feb 2008
The best episode so far.
mflatischler.tk - My Manga translations and transcriptions
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
Feb 15, 2009 12:35 AM

Sep 2008
After watching that episode of it, it reminds me very much of Serial Experiments Lain LOLZ
Feb 15, 2009 1:15 PM

Apr 2008
starseeker said:
That episode was very, very odd. But I liked the character development for Lyuze.
This.
skygtr said:
Lyuze did it with a black guy or was that another dream?
That part was just weird! I can understand them wanting to represent Lyuze's desire, but what was with the random black guy? -_-;
naikou said:
...Also, creepy Ringu girl was supposed to represent... what, exactly?
Well she was shown kinda falling and rising up, so her general state of confusion/resolve? But tbh those rl scenes didn't quite meld.
Kvakond said:
LMHO! :D
Feb 15, 2009 4:23 PM
Feb 2009
Bumped into this site as i searched for the song from Casshern Sins. The Resurface of the song SKY from a previous (ep8?) put me on the hunt. I guess because of my back ground in psychology, I was captured by this episode. I thought is was fantastic (watched it three times). Also thought it was a fake sub when I launched, but knew Shinsen normally doesn't do that type of work.

You have to also realize the cultural stereotyping that the black dude presented, that's why he showed up. Seems she popped his cherry instead of vise versa. Nice thing about retractable weapons in the arm.

Of course like every list on the Internet there are the bitchers who only visit to rain on the parade. Being on this list for the first 30 seconds revealed who those happy souls were.

Anywho, Casshern Sins has something that keeps drawing me back, And I wish to say "Greetings" to the members of myanimelist.net who are fans of this anime. Hopefully I wasn't too rude in my intro message. :)

~td99
Feb 16, 2009 7:41 AM

Oct 2008
rewritten said:
Nameless_Hero said:
Fuck.

Why not? It's been pretty obvious for weeks now that the story was going on that direction. I think Lyuze and Casshern have a nice dynamic going for them. Though I won't be surprised if Lyuze dies in a few episode after her and Casshern finally "get together."

I think your on to something, after this weird episode Lyuze is definitely going to die, or have a little robot baby. The artistic nature of this episode was amazing even if the episode was just filler, it held my attention. I agree though that the Ringu girl popping in and out was just creepy. I kept wondering if I was losing my mind, or if I'd been hacked by a witch. ^_^
Feb 16, 2009 4:49 PM

Aug 2008
LOVE... LOVE... LOVE...
Cashern lucky!!!!
Feb 19, 2009 9:22 PM

Jan 2009
No doubt the strangest episode I've watched today. A random episode from Kaiba would've made more sense than this. Really, I didn't know what to make of the random real life clips that would show up sporadically throughout the episode. I assume the dreams of her younger self were supposed to represent her past promise to avenge her sister and honestly, I had no idea what that random guy was doing trying to get in Lyuze's pants. I had no idea he liked going CLA-CLANG CLA-CLANG... even if he was a part of Lyuze's dream.
Mar 17, 2009 1:53 PM

Aug 2008
How could Lyuze be small once? Isn't she a robot who didn't decay in 100 years?
Apr 6, 2009 8:16 PM

Oct 2007
Waste of an episode. They've already shown her slowly warming up to Casshern, during her travels with him. They really didn't need to dedicate an entire episode to her realizing that she loves him.
Jun 7, 2009 10:25 PM

Feb 2009
DeathfireD said:
quite frankly the ring girl scared the shit out of me throughout the whole episode and it made it hard to concentrate

Also, I was kind of hoping that they didn't have any romance whatsoever in Casshern. I think the series does exceptionally well without.

Still, this episode was definitely a confusing one, and not one that I especially like.
Jul 26, 2009 9:51 PM

May 2008
dbaranyi said:

DONT EVEN MENTION THAT AAGHHHHH... that evangelion shit bored me to death, and all my friends now say "Congratulations!" to me just cause it bugs me so much!

IMO not a good ep.
Oct 19, 2009 4:09 AM

Jul 2008
dbaranyi said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

In any event, it seems pretty clear that Lyuze now has the hots for Casshern. However, she had better act quickly because it looks like yet another robo-babe is going to show up next week to add to Casshern's harem.

Casshern's harem LOL
Nov 14, 2009 3:09 AM

Apr 2007
Yata-sama said:

(So far.)
Mar 12, 2010 2:42 PM

Jul 2008
weirdest episode so far, couldn't tell what exactly was going on, so hopefully we'll get back to the plot next episode
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 8, 2010 3:34 PM

Jan 2010
Yata-sama said:

This was my favorite episode in the series. I have always liked odd stuff and this episode is just beautiful. So all of you haters just go watch One Piece or something.
werrstonJul 8, 2010 3:55 PM
Jan 10, 2011 8:21 AM

Dec 2008
This was a very...ODD episode.
What the hell kind of robots are these? They can grow up, have sex, and fall in love?
I figured Lyuze would fall for Casshern. I can't blame her. If I were a robot, I'd be all over him, Dio, and Jin!
Mar 19, 2011 3:17 PM

May 2009
Sure was a lot of QUALITY animation this episode. I hope it goes back to normal in the next episode, and judging from the preview, it will.
What was with the city, basketball court and black guy? It didn't fit in with this anime's setting at all.

I kind of liked the episode but it was definitely the most disappointing one so far, for me.
Aug 28, 2011 8:37 PM

May 2010
With the exception of blatant stereotyping from the black guy, this was a pretty much perfect episode. Seriously, you haters are so dull that you can't pick up on anything more than "she likes him"? There was much more than that, including blatant symbolism I wouldn't expect anyone to miss (for example, the shattering eye, and no, it doesn't just mean "blindly in love"). The final thing in this episode's favor was that it was fucking beautiful. It literally didn't even need a plot, it could just be a bunch of random scenes and still be worth watching. Whatever, I've had it with you plebes.
“Money can't buy dere”
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

92 by GabrielWhite »»
Feb 15, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 22 Discussion

shoxk - Mar 8, 2009

36 by P_e_r_i »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:17 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 20 Discussion

dbaranyi - Feb 18, 2009

28 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 7, 2023 10:42 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 16, 2008

94 by FireRifle64 »»
Nov 24, 2023 9:21 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dbaranyi - Mar 16, 2009

179 by -Xenophon- »»
Oct 24, 2023 12:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.