Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 15, 2009 3:11 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So how does everyone like their Liang Qi, and in just the first 5 minutes too?

What a sudden death for Kenji though, at first. I still didn't quite get the switch they pulled off, mind filling me in?

Some more awesomeness comes from everyone's favorite taxi driver. :D
I'm HIGH TENSION!
HawthorneKittyAug 15, 2009 3:18 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2009 4:05 PM
Aug 2009
It was super boreding.

;(

The only good thing was the Taxi Driver.
And Liang Qi didn't even get to do anything.
I want some more action.

Too many Canaan/Maria moments in this ep.
Aug 15, 2009 4:36 PM

Jun 2009
i actually enjoyed this episode, it was pretty intense

Liang Qi flipping out was amusing and you gotta love the crazy taxi driver.
Aug 15, 2009 7:08 PM

Apr 2009
Taxi Driver FTW. Nothing else need be said

Aug 15, 2009 7:22 PM

Dec 2008
Bombing the building along with the president? Wow, that's a bit crazy. Makes you wonder if they'd do something like that in real life. >_>

Pretty interesting ep all in all.
Aug 15, 2009 7:24 PM

Jul 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
What a sudden death for Kenji though, at first. I still didn't quite get the switch they pulled off, mind filling me in?

The security video had been overridden. The tape sequence shows that there was a pigeon that flew across the screen when Kenji leaves, but when the bomb exploded, the pigeon disappeared. It means the explosion part of the recording is fake. There was an explosion, yes, but it was not Kenji's car. This was probably done on purpose to force the US to send the bomber.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Aug 15, 2009 7:30 PM
Jan 2009
Awesome episode, really enjoyed this one. Liang Qi kinda freaked me out this episode and I hope she dies soon. Cant wait for the next episode though, I wonder what'll happen with Canaan's eyes.
Aug 15, 2009 8:26 PM

Jul 2009
HawthorneKitty said:

Is there even a need to ask ? I wanna give her a hug and let her abuse me as she pleases if that can ease her sadness, if she want somebody far more better looking than Cummings, of course.

1/5 ep, is prolly what I said during the first 10 min but...

_ Good action from Canaan: +1

_Alphard beating the shit outta Moe shit girl: +1

_Preview of Santana & Hakko kissing: +2

Hence, 5/5, as usual.

_Alphard: "I will throw her away"

_Me: "F$%k you !!! B#$ch !!!" which I reserved until when I know her true motive for saying that.

Also, LOL at anime Dick Cheney & Colin POWAH, especially Dick, gotta love his name ;)

I thought I saw a similar scene before but forgot which serie is it from, someone with his or her brand new memory card can HALP me out ?

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 15, 2009 9:40 PM

Apr 2009
I loved that "HOLY SHIT!" part. :D
Aug 15, 2009 9:55 PM

Apr 2009
stickymochi said:
I loved that "HOLY SHIT!" part. :D

*Sees the edited footage*

HORRRY SHIT!

:D
x0utmyheart said:
It was super boreding.

I was not bored that entire episode. Very intense, lol. I was waiting for Jason Bourne to pop in and start cracking skulls.
Aug 15, 2009 10:29 PM
Aug 2009
necrojesta said:
Awesome episode, really enjoyed this one. Liang Qi kinda freaked me out this episode and I hope she dies soon. Cant wait for the next episode though, I wonder what'll happen with Canaan's eyes.

Agreed. Either she dies or grows long hair. One or the other.

The Canaan-matrix part was hot. Need more of that stuff.

Maria needs to step her game up or gtfo the screen. If she gets captured again after this I will personally jump into the Canaan-universe and finish her off by choking her with her own beautifully long hair. Mark my word.

Hakko should just be amazing and take over the show.
Aug 15, 2009 10:37 PM

Jul 2009
HOOOOREEEE SHITT!!!! Liang Qi Went ape shit wit that pellet gun lol......Great Episode I'M HIGHT TENSION!!
Nate2k90Aug 15, 2009 10:41 PM
Aug 15, 2009 10:43 PM

Apr 2009
Great episode. Freaking tense as hell and I think our high speed Taxi Driving lunatic said it well... I AM HIGH TENSION! :)
Aug 16, 2009 1:25 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode. I really loved the voice acting, it was really realistic!

Liang Qi going nuts was insane (she really didnt know what to do!), i wonder what she'll do now... and i didnt like the Alphard's coldness towards her.

Taxi driver and Mino were awesome! "HIGH TENSION!"

I wonder what happened to Canaan? Has she lost her power?

Anyway, great episode! I give it 5/5 for awesomeness beyond awesomeness!
minotaur199Aug 16, 2009 1:28 AM
Aug 16, 2009 2:27 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Well that was exciting. I doubt Canaan has lost her power now. Using it to such an extent was probably a first. Looking forward to more.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 16, 2009 3:20 AM

Apr 2009
haha.. what a very intense episode..

matrix-style slowmo: CHECK!
political problem: CHECK!
high tension taxi driver: CHECK!
"HOLY SHIT" video editing discovery: CHECK!
Canaan abusing her power to save the day and temporarily losing it: CHECK!
Osawa Maria actually related to the plot but not elaborated yet: CHECK!
Some clues about Canaan and Alphard's past (same naming, eh?): CHECK!
Liang Qi depressed: X (not enough awesomeness of her in this episode.. why?)
Aug 16, 2009 4:06 AM

Jun 2008
Great episode. It was kinda intense.
Aug 16, 2009 4:18 AM

Feb 2009
pretty good epd from start to finish, canaan was dope running around dodging stuff.
Aug 16, 2009 4:18 AM

Jul 2009
IMO, this is the best one so far... It had all!
Aug 16, 2009 4:29 AM

May 2008
ewww virus, if Canaan died and this show ended it would be epic

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 16, 2009 4:31 AM
Aug 2009
Hooree Shit! I can't wait for the next episode :)
Aug 16, 2009 5:20 AM
Jan 2008
Awesome episode, it had everything.

Bomb hacking
Epic taxi driver
Explosions
Alphard being badass
Canaan being badass
Liang Qi losing it

Liang Qi seems to have escaped, I'm expecting a face-off between her and Canaan (unless she's lost any meaning of going on. What Alphard said was pretty harsh. Still, I think she'd want to take some sort of revenge on Canaan.). And I guess we'll finally learn more about Hakko in the next episode. About time. Also, I wonder if YunYun will make another appearance.
Aug 16, 2009 5:53 AM

Sep 2008
abrasicu said:

I thought I saw a similar scene before but forgot which serie is it from, someone with his or her brand new memory card can HALP me out ?

? ;D

it just reminded me of Maria in my case XD

anyway, this episode was intense, i love the show and i cant wait for another ep now >_<

Canaan is awesome

and Liang Qi has caring sister, lol. but on the other hand she is crazy...
Aug 16, 2009 6:00 AM

Jul 2008
Too little Liang Qi-sama! Taxi Driver was not as intense as before, but it was still one CHINESE STYLE, HIGH TENSION episode!
Aug 16, 2009 6:30 AM

Apr 2008
Cummings is moe.

I dawwww'd
Aug 16, 2009 6:35 AM

Jul 2009
Plate said:
Cummings is moe.

I dawwww'd

What was he trying to protect there? monitors? why? XD
Aug 16, 2009 6:36 AM

Apr 2008
minotaur199 said:

I think he was more interested in being shot again, which is why he was surprised when she got the monitors instead. It's not like it'd hurt them.
Aug 16, 2009 6:39 AM

Jul 2009
Plate said:
minotaur199 said:

I think he was more interested in being shot again, which is why he was surprised when she got the monitors instead. It's not like it'd hurt them.

Poor guy, id give him a 50% paycheck raise and advanced bathroom privileges! He just takes it all for the team and enjoys it! What a guy!
Aug 16, 2009 6:40 AM

May 2009
Everything can be summed up in 2 words: HIGH TENSION!
Aug 16, 2009 6:41 AM

Oct 2007
I think he would be more happier if you would give him Liang Qi instead.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 16, 2009 6:42 AM

Jul 2009
Siva said:
I think he would be more happier if you would give him Liang Qi instead.

Correction! Liang Qi AND leather whip + pellet gun + automatized pleasure torture chamber + silver card bathroom privileges
minotaur199Aug 16, 2009 6:51 AM
Aug 16, 2009 7:21 AM

Dec 2008
damn gps guided bomb missed the target XD

Alphard was mean , in that scene It would have been very funny when Liang Qi shot her with the plastic bullets.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2009 8:04 AM
May 2008
I'm going to be honest the "HORREEEE SHIT!!!" made this episode for me...well, that and the taxi driver. Other than that the "suspense" was lame and ended in such a cliche way that it was hard to care.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Aug 16, 2009 8:07 AM

Jul 2008
Lolz and so the bombing is off
and they gots the antivirus
hmm

Canaan has lost her powers and sees what others see?
is that what she ment by real colors?
Aug 16, 2009 8:10 AM

Dec 2008
ClearSinz said:

Canaan has lost her powers and sees what others see?
is that what she ment by real colors?

I would say yes
Aug 16, 2009 9:04 AM

Jul 2009
abrasicu said:
HawthorneKitty said:

Is there even a need to ask ? I wanna give her a hug and let her abuse me as she pleases if that can ease her sadness, if she want somebody far more better looking than Cummings, of course.

1/5 ep, is prolly what I said during the first 10 min but...

_ Good action from Canaan: +1

_Alphard beating the shit outta Moe shit girl: +1

_Preview of Santana & Hakko kissing: +2

Hence, 5/5, as usual.

_Alphard: "I will throw her away"

_Me: "F$%k you !!! B#$ch !!!" which I reserved until when I know her true motive for saying that.

Also, LOL at anime Dick Cheney & Colin POWAH, especially Dick, gotta love his name ;)

HIGURASHI!!!!
Aug 16, 2009 9:19 AM
Dec 2008
damn, so canaan just stared at the screen and somehow the guided missile was misguided..... awesome!!!

and somehow this episode reminds me of index (last order arc) lots of similarities.
Aug 16, 2009 9:47 AM

Jan 2009
Awesome episode with plot twists and proper american english dialog for the B2 bomber xD
Aug 16, 2009 10:15 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
AlliedG said:
Awesome episode with plot twists and proper american english dialog for the B2 bomber xD

but lame Chinese dialogs directly translated from Japanese
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 16, 2009 10:25 AM

Feb 2009
abrasicu said:

Mh.. crazy Yugioh faces? XD

That was an amazing episode.. again! AHHHH I'm SO addicted to that anime. *_+
But cold Alphard is cold... mh..... I still like her. Even if she's NOT my fave. xD
Aug 16, 2009 11:19 AM

Jul 2009
LagSheath said:
damn, so canaan just stared at the screen and somehow the guided missile was misguided..... awesome!!!

and somehow this episode reminds me of index (last order arc) lots of similarities.

She stared at the screen and saw some PRON. It's the PRON's POWAH that gave her strength to misguide the missile, what do you expect ? Don't underestimate the POWAH of PRON, you !!!

Index ? As in the show with nothing but LOLI ? Oh, and a brotagonist who spew scientific SHAT for 3/4 of an ep & end up Falcon Punch everybody, no matter it's a girl, a child, his own mother ? Like he was a domestic violence addict or something ? Oh, it's that Index, I see... May GODDESS Kanzaki bless this dang show *worship*

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 16, 2009 11:47 AM
Jul 2008
Best episode so far!! Very intense. I actually said "Holy Shit!" in sync with the the pidgeon scene.

Loved Canaan's "hacking" bit (I think that's what it was?), though I'm still very confused as to what her powers do exactly. It almost seems like an all too flexible "Deus Ex Machina" kinda thing where she can use them to get herself out of just about any situation.

Very interesting developments with the Alphard vs Canaan rivalry. Looks like Alphard believes she's beyond the name "Canaan", whatever that means. Also interesting to see Alphard, who obviously has a grudge against Canaan, doesn't let that grudge get in the way of her objective. Alphard seemed completely indifferent to her this ep.

Liang is a total psycho, but I guess one can't help sympathize with her a little because of the way her sister treats--... No. Honestly, she's just a psycho... A very attractive psycho. With a pellet gun.

Side note: I especially like how they actually get different, more qualified VAs to speak all those different languages, and not just get some japanese VA to butcher... speak all the english lines (can't really speak for the chinese and german, since I don't know any). The deliveries were a bit stiff, but most of the lines didn't require too much emotion anyways.

I'm starting to really hate having to wait a week between episodes... :/
Aug 16, 2009 1:03 PM

Jun 2009
My poor, sweet Liang!

Wow, I was not expecting the Alphard/Liang break to occur so soon! It makes me wonder if their scene in the opening titles was indeed foreshadowing all along. The way it's edited makes it look like Liang pulls a gun at the back of Alphard's head - and she in turn jolts and turns around to look. And of course we have in this ep her literally doing that.

I guess the question now is whether Liang will 'pull the trigger' or hang her head and try to get back into her sister's good graces. I hope they will make out in a few eps. I mean, make up. Make up! Um... honest!
Aug 16, 2009 1:08 PM

Oct 2007
Maria seems pretty spry for someone who got beat the shit out of. Sugoi!
Aug 16, 2009 1:18 PM
Dec 2007
Great direction as usual, for a very nice action-packed episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 16, 2009 1:24 PM

Oct 2007
rabbitpoets said:
Maria seems pretty spry for someone who got beat the shit out of. Sugoi!
Sugoi, isn't it? LOL

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 16, 2009 2:11 PM

Sep 2007
Is this the Matrix in disguise?
Aug 16, 2009 3:38 PM

Jul 2008
Great episode :D

Did Canaan just lose her eye-power thing?
Aug 16, 2009 5:10 PM

May 2009
HORRREEE SHIIIIT
HIGH TENSION
LIANG QI
SUGOI

another awesome ep.
Hybrid00Aug 16, 2009 5:14 PM
Aug 16, 2009 5:57 PM
Mar 2009
Looks like there won't be any S&M LiangxCummings for a while. Alphard has trolled my fandom.

I hope we get more of an explanation on Canaan's hax synesthesia because as it stands, it was kind of ridiculous that she was able to hack into the guidance system with her eye powers and cause the bomb to miss.

Edit: Oh yeah. HOREE SHIT!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Sep 26, 2009

258 by SD86 »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 19, 2009

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Sep 12, 2009

160 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 5, 2009

142 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Aug 29, 2009

91 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 8:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.